• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Right? Goku wasn’t shocked because a planet was destroyed. He was shocked because of the level of energy felt from the blast.
I understand why people are disappointed but some are blowing it out of proportion.
some people, like many of them calls it shitty writing on how powerful beerus is right now. Which I never doubted anything in the manga side.

to defend the goku being scared of shook in that panel, that was not DIRECT towards the planet exploding, it was the context of what beerus used in that instance as beerus said "It's just a small glimpse of it". this is backed by the fact vegeta after seeing it stated how can he acquire such power, so in context to that its talking about beerus own power rather than the explosion of the planet around beerus' own planet
He said it's just a small glimpse of what he can do, referring to planetary destruction, especially considering that Beerus has no reason to blow up a planet just for demonstrating his Ki levels literally whatsoever, the planetary destruction clealy being the focus, not the blast itself, furthermore when it's what the seer fish and Whis are commenting on, them saying with emphasis that he's doing such feats regularly, which is clearly implying that the impressive thing is not supposed to be the Ki output, but the planet being destroyed. Vegeta is asking how he can get the power to annihilate worlds so easily. The context is very clear, I don't know why people are so directly misinterpreting it.

Edit: Also wanna note that it wouldn't make sense for him to say "of what I can do" rather than "a small glimpse of it", the latter being what you said it was. The actual statement was "That was just a small glimpse...of what I can do". A small glimpse of "it" could be argued as him saying it's just a small glimpse of his total Ki output/power, but what was said much more so implies he's saying that planetary destruction is a small glimpse of what he can do.

Last edited:
Right? Goku wasn’t shocked because a planet was destroyed. He was shocked because of the level of energy felt from the blast.
I understand why people are disappointed but some are blowing it out of proportion.
Him and Vegeta were shocked at a planet being destroyed. That's not an extrapolation, that's literally what we see, and all of the arguments I've seen otherwise are just trying to rationalize it with vague interpretations. It's a major power level inconsistency.

I think your wrong there cause vegeta and goku can destroy planet with easy the point of beerus destroying the planet would be showing vegeta a glimpse of beerus power and showing there level between them like beerus stated destruction is always on my mind and there was just shocked of beerus destroying a planet out of nowhere also it could be that beerus also used a hakai as an energy attack to destroy planet as vegeta stated did you use that technique
heck even king vegeta destroy planets with a wave of his hand

I think your wrong there cause vegeta and goku can destroy planet with easy the point of beerus destroying the planet would be showing vegeta a glimpse of beerus power and showing there level between them like beerus stated destruction is always on my mind and there was just shocked of beerus destroying a planet out of nowhere also it could be that beerus also used a hakai as an energy attack to destroy planet as vegeta stated did you use that technique
heck even king vegeta destroy planets with a wave of his hand
What he mean is that from the time of Dragon Ball Z, Planet Explosion have been a really minor and common thing to the characters like Goku or Vegeta, so when they just shock seeing Beerus destroy a planet and comment on the power of the blast that destroy the planet being impressive and act like they are still not reaching that level is a major plothole and inconsistency in story narrative. Heck even in the beginning of Super Goku vs Beerus bring the entire universe at risk of being destroyed, and even how stupid Goku is i doubt he think that universe is smaller than planet, and Vegeta is impossible to think that way. Unless the planet that Beerus destroy is somehow bigger than an universe

Since when is this "Vegete feels guilt about his race actions" is a thing anyway? A guy like Vegeta should worry about his own crimes if he have time.
Usually a subplot like should been given to character like Goku, if he was more self aware and the story more serious.

None the less, it's almost amazing that Vegeta grow such consciousness to the point he started feeling guilty about his own race SINs as well.

Also, people should really stop bitching about the planet thing.
It's clear that Goku and Vegeta were ******** themselves over the impact they felt from that attack Beerus did, not the fact that the planet was destroyed.
The attack Beerus did during the GoDs battle royal was room size explosion and Goku STILL in awe of it.

This is not marvel, we can't nuke 99.89% of the universe everytime someone wanted to flex their power ¯\(ツ)

Him and Vegeta were shocked at a planet being destroyed. That's not an extrapolation, that's literally what we see, and all of the arguments I've seen otherwise are just trying to rationalize it with vague interpretations. It's a major power level inconsistency.
the fact that you're focusing on that in itself is inconsistent. He and Goku already seen beerus destroy a planet with just a sneeze in RoF. The statement of goku and vegeta in this chapter was referring to the power, hence why goku WOULD even say it and vegeta asking how he can acquire that power after feeling it.

why piccolo is 3A if he was never strong shown if I know guerro z tierrq without goku vegeta the strongest are gohan 17 and piccolo and the first two are abysmally more

the fact that you're focusing on that in itself is inconsistent. He and Goku already seen beerus destroy a planet with just a sneeze in RoF. The statement of goku and vegeta in this chapter was referring to the power, hence why goku WOULD even say it and vegeta asking how he can acquire that power after feeling it.
It's an outlier. Mentioning other feats is irrelevant when we're talking about an outlier in the first place. All I'm doing is proving that it is one.

Piccolo was somewhat comparable to the new Ultimate Gohan. Even being 1% of current Gohan would be enough for 3-A considering what their level of it is. Just a shame that he got shafted in the tournament. But I guess it makes sense considering that he was the 6th or 7th strongest fighter among them. I remember when Piccolo was practically the most important character next to Goku.

It's an outlier. Mentioning other feats is irrelevant when we're talking about an outlier in the first place. All I'm doing is proving that it is one.
literally strawmanning my point... the fact you keep focusing on that small little feat, without context behind and to assume it was just about the planet destruction, is odd. Considering that it's more than.

Not really when it should be blatantly obvious. You're just trying to rationalize it for some odd reason, even though it's clearly an outlier, but everyone comes in and argues to death that "its just the ki they're reacting to!". At this point you're literally just saying I'm wrong with no argument, btw.

Not really when it should be blatantly obvious. You're just trying to rationalize it for some odd reason, even though it's clearly an outlier, but everyone comes in and argues to death that "its just the ki they're reacting to!". At this point you're literally just saying I'm wrong with no argument, btw.
obviously you're trying to blatantly use the argument because beerus destroyed a planet, when the context of goku and vegetas reaction was never towards the destruction... As both already saw beerus destroying a planet, if u care about the feat and not the actual scaling, then thats ur cup of tea. It's not relevant to what I even said.

obviously you're trying to blatantly use the argument because beerus destroyed a planet, when the context of goku and vegetas reaction was never towards the destruction... As both already saw beerus destroying a planet, if u care about the feat and not the actual scaling, then thats ur cup of tea. It's not relevant to what I even said.
It's an outlier lmao. Why are you mentioning another feat that makes it seem like an outlier when it already IS an outlier? It doesn't match with the previous feats, statements, and scaling in the entire series, yes, that's the point I'm making, so your current argument doesn't mean anything. You're mentioning the consistency of an inconsistency to disprove that it is an inconsistency, which is the epitome of illogical.

It's an outlier lmao. Why are you mentioning another feat that makes it seem like an outlier when it already IS an outlier? It doesn't match with the previous feats, statements, and scaling in the entire series, yes, that's the point I'm making, so your current argument doesn't mean anything. You're mentioning the consistency of an inconsistency to disprove that it is an inconsistency, which is the epitome of illogical.
Like I said you're completely missing the point of the post itself, you keep mentioning about the planet busting feat which is irrelevant to what I said. Mentioning the other feat is not me proving its not an outlier when beerus has always been casually destroying a planet it's literally to prove something outside of the feat, which I literally explained why I used it, and its not a justification for it being consistent or inconsistent. I dont know why you keep grasping for straws that my claim was directly towards the planet busting feat, which is irrelevant like twice now.

From what I could tell, you said that, because Beerus has destroyed planets easily before, it makes no sense that Goku and Vegeta would be surprised about him doing it now, which is an irrelevant argument when the new feat in question is already an outlier, which is what I'm trying to prove.

From what I could tell, you said that, because Beerus has destroyed planets easily before, it makes no sense that Goku and Vegeta would be surprised about him doing it now, which is an irrelevant argument when the new feat in question is already an outlier, which is what I'm trying to prove.
and that's completely irrelevant or even correlates to what I said first thing you commented... you seem to not understand, nor was I even mentioning about the planet busting feat. All of those are irrelevant to what I said.

Man, I should really catch up with the manga smh. Haven't read it halfway after Moro. It's just soooo boring compared to the anime smh.

Prolly should, yeah. I think there's some decently hype stuff, though your mileage may vary on some of what happens. Though I'll be honest, I'm just hoping the anime comes back and we get to see what it does with the Moro arc.

Doubtful it'd be as different as previous arcs since they have a solid guide to go off of now, but there's still a few things different they could do. Also just seeing Goku vs Moro animated would be sick.

Prolly should, yeah. I think there's some decently hype stuff, though your mileage may vary on some of what happens. Though I'll be honest, I'm just hoping the anime comes back and we get to see what it does with the Moro arc.

Doubtful it'd be as different as previous arcs since they have a solid guide to go off of now, but there's still a few things different they could do. Also just seeing Goku vs Moro animated would be sick.
I hope they won't even do the Moro arc and just do their own thing, them following Toyotaro would just mean they'd be stuck with his garbage.

I hope they won't even do the Moro arc and just do their own thing, them following Toyotaro would just mean they'd be stuck with his garbage.
They're going to go through with the Moro arc if they come back. They might have their own ideas on how to do some things, they might add in some filler to make things flow better (or worse), but more than likely it'll end up focusing around the newer arcs still coming out in the manga.

Also yes, let me see Moro actually fully live up to his promise with his magic. They're good at making fights, considering how beautiful and well done a lot of the later fights in the Super anime were, so hopefully we get a spectacle with him.

They're going to go through with the Moro arc if they come back. They might have their own ideas on how to do some things, they might add in some filler to make things flow better (or worse), but more than likely it'll end up focusing around the newer arcs still coming out in the manga.

Also yes, let me see Moro actually fully live up to his promise with his magic. They're good at making fights, considering how beautiful and well done a lot of the later fights in the Super anime were, so hopefully we get a spectacle with him.
Once again, I hope not. Nothing good would come out of the anime following Toyotaro's manga and following a monthly manga for your anime is an awful idea.

You won't see shit, you'll just see Toyotaro's garbage arc because the anime won't bother with spending the extra money if they don't need to.

Once again, I hope not. Nothing good would come out of the anime following Toyotaro's manga and following a monthly manga for your anime is an awful idea.

You won't see shit, you'll just see Toyotaro's garbage arc because the anime won't bother with spending the extra money if they don't need to.
Well, the precedent is that Dragon Ball Super follows the same arcs as each other, as it's supposed to be the same story, and it is likely that they're going to continue with that trend. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up that they decided to wait just so that they could have material to not catch up quite as fast. At absolute most, they might cover Broly in an arc again to pad out time to allow the manga to get farther, assuming the anime comes back within the next year or two, which it likely won't.

And if we'd not get anything more due to them not wanting to spend the extra money, then I promise you that original arc would be garbage as well because it's not like they'd just give more money to whatever original arc they would produce than they would to a story arc that's already had the plot points written out for them to work with.

Well, the precedent is that Dragon Ball Super follows the same arcs as each other, as it's supposed to be the same story, and it is likely that they're going to continue with that trend. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up that they decided to wait just so that they could have material to not catch up quite as fast. At absolute most, they might cover Broly in an arc again to pad out time to allow the manga to get farther, assuming the anime comes back within the next year or two, which it likely won't.

And if we'd not get anything more due to them not wanting to spend the extra money, then I promise you that original arc would be garbage as well because it's not like they'd just give more money to whatever original arc they would produce than they would to a story arc that's already had the plot points written out for them to work with.
It's not the same story because the Moro arc is explicitly Toyotaro's arc, not Toriyama, Toriyama even said the manga is going it's own way in the DBS Broly announcement. The precedent doesn't apply to it because the anime used Toriyama's script, not Toyotaro's ideas.

You realise that with a monthly manga, they'll have caught to everything after a few weeks to months, right? Even if it come back in two years?

Your promise is failed from the start because you don't understand what I meant : The Moro arc is a huge pile of shit so if they use it, they won't spend the extra money to make it not a pile of shit. Which isn't a problem with a new arc because said new arc won't start off as a pile of shit by default.

The already written plot points are the problem because they are shit, that's my point.

There's enough material in the arc for it to last more than you think given the few months that arc takes through, and I'm doubtful they'd be unwilling to add in more stuff if they need to. If there's one thing that I found Toei liked to do in DBS, it's adding a bunch of bloat to their arcs. It might not end up being good bloat, but they do like to do that. Look at the two movie retellings and their willingness to just add stuff to make two movies into 13+ episode arcs. And I promise you, two movies is a lot harder to do that with than a monthly manga series.

Especially if they do end up finishing the Granolah arc by the time the new anime comes out.

That last point sounds like an opinion to me. You didn't like it, I did. I have my problems with the arc, but at the end of the day I was satisfied with it.

If they do end up actually getting to go their own way, though, and Toriyama does give them a different set of points for them to go off on and do their own thing with, then honestly? I'd still like to see how that'd go. I wouldn't deny that it doesn't sound cool for the two series of Super to just do their own thing in the end.

Or they could just not start another anime and let the manga carry the Dragon Ball series forward as just a manga. That is also very possible.

And I promise you
Your promise are shit so far because there's barely 70 chapter of the manga despite starting years ago, that's barely 20 episode, I'd be surprised if it can reach 30 episode worth of content in two years.

You'd enter filler hell on a scale even worst than Naruto so fast it would be ridiculous.
That last point sounds like an opinion to me. You didn't like it, I did. I have my problems with the arc, but at the end of the day I was satisfied with it.
That's not an opinion, it's a fact, it was a huge pile of shit. You being satisfied with it is your opinion but it's objectively shit. You don't literaly copy paste entier previous arc and get called 'satisfying'.

Back