• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Old Master's Trick, the Kamehameha!! (Dragon Ball)

A Pilaf Saga calculation potentially buffing Goku's Kamehameha to Building level+/Large Building level was recently accepted. The only problem is that there are four possible results, divided into two different ends: pulverization and vaporization. The point of this thread is to determine whether to use pulverization and vaporization and how this affects scaling.

Feat in question.

I'll just drop what I know. Ki attacks can produce heat, the explosion has red in it and the hole along with the edges of it are blackened, which indicates heat. There's a small cloud in the explosion and afterwards there's only small smoke/steam clouds after and we see no debris in the pretty clean burnt hole. All of it seemingly points towards it being vaporization, but the explosion cloud being slightly brownish like the wall would be the point of contention. That cloud is the only thing imo that could be argued to be the bits of the wall being pulverized into dust. Everything else makes me think vaporization.

Of course, I could be completely wrong and stupid.

Last edited:
so shouldn't it be in the Calc group discussion, since it's purely about calculus? About their results involving two different types of ends.

so shouldn't it be in the Calc group discussion, since it's purely about calculus? About their results involving two different types of ends.
I was told by Flashlight237 and Damage3245 (weird names, by the way) that the two results were simultaneously correct, and that choosing which end is more correct was to be discussed in a CRT.

and that choosing which end is more correct was to be discussed in a CRT.
Well that sounds like a Calc group discussion thing to me. Because this still involves something purely of the calculation, which is whether to use spraying or steaming as the main thing to do.

This doesn't seem like something non-calculus-experienced members can weigh in on.

Whatever anyway, I guess.

Well that sounds like a Calc group discussion thing to me. Because this still involves something purely of the calculation, which is whether to use spraying or steaming as the main thing to do.

This doesn't seem like something non-calculus-experienced members can weigh in on.

Whatever anyway, I guess.
I think it's because mathematically speaking, everything is fine, we just have to decide whether vap or pulv is more accurate. In a calc group thread iirc they discuss whether the math is right or wrong or if a method is incorrect. Here we just argue which destruction fits the bill, pulv or vap.

I believe everything worth a grain of salt here points to vaporization and that is pretty much a characteristic of the Kamehameha in later showings

I'm no calc guy, but this DEFINITELY looks more like vaporization than pulv to me. It doesn't need to explicitly say that it was vaporized for it to be accepted as such. There's no debris from what I see from the calc, that would point to pulv, so vap makes sense to me

I think Pulverization is the safer method; I recall Dargoo back when he was an Admin made a giant rant that just because we see a blast or explosion followed by some puffs that look like smoke, we don't assume vaporization.

Literally the only thing pointing at pulv is that the cloud that appeared during the explosion (not the two tiny puffs of smoke/steam after the explosion) is ever so slightly brownish like the wall, which could be interpreted as the wall being finely pulverized.

There are literally burn marks around the edge of the hole and the clouds usually mean the presence of heat (though at times there are also indicative of rumble. However the hole seems reminiscent of vaporization than fragmentation.

There is even a clean cutting of every surface of the whole implying vaporization. The whole also seems reminiscent of stone vaporization with some youtube videos I have found.

This is the closest one.

Back