• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

High 3-A BoG Goku, I can accept that because the infinite universe was accepted. 3 Universes 2-C, though? I mean, you'd be a little hard-pressed to outright prove that the cosmologies are the exact same to a T.

I don't keep up anymore (because let's be real here, debating Dragon Ball is the fastest way to get brain damage on this site) so for all I know, the cosmologies are the same across all continuities, but eh

High 3-A BoG Goku, I can accept that because the infinite universe was accepted. 3 Universes 2-C, though? I mean, you'd be a little hard-pressed to outright prove that the cosmologies are the exact same to a T.

I don't keep up anymore (because let's be real here, debating Dragon Ball is the fastest way to get brain damage on this site) so for all I know, the cosmologies are the same across all continuities, but eh
Should actually be 3U 2-C bog goku, for the same reason gt has it too

A random soldiers spouting non sense don't decide cosmology, even knowledgeable characters in ben 10 gets disregarded smh.
I sent some quotes there to refute this, where Moro says that there are countless/innumerable planets and Zamasu says that there are millions of planets

I mean, you'd be a little hard-pressed to outright prove that the cosmologies are the exact same to a T.
This will be the main point of contention, indeed. Specially since the proof of 3U 2-C is exclusively from Toei.

By our standards, timelines can vary enough that they may not strictly scale cosmology across other timelines. Specially in DB thanks to the MWI.

Should actually be 3U 2-C bog goku, for the same reason gt has it too
Lemme clarify; I'm not concerned with how the scaling would work. What I'm concerned about is whether or not it would be accepted that the cosmologies would scale across timelines.

Like Lephyr mentioned, MWI makes it extremely difficult to actually determine whether or not the cosmologies would be the same because any one different action that is taken results in a totally different timeline where even more events can unfold from there that could inevitably result in the cosmology changing through different means (wish granting, creation in general, splitting universes, what have you).

Am I saying this is the case for Dragon Ball 100%? No, not at all. However, the circumstances makes it super shaky.

Lemme clarify; I'm not concerned with how the scaling would work. What I'm concerned about is whether or not it would be accepted that the cosmologies would scale across timelines.

Like Lephyr mentioned, MWI makes it extremely difficult to actually determine whether or not the cosmologies would be the same because any one different action that is taken results in a totally different timeline where even more events can unfold from there that could inevitably result in the cosmology changing through different means (wish granting, creation in general, splitting universes, what have you).

Am I saying this is the case for Dragon Ball 100%? No, not at all. However, the circumstances makes it super shaky.
I think it was already accepted that different events doesn't equal different cosmology, even in a dbs guide the space between dimensions in gt was mentioned in a super cosmology guide, its all accepted as composite cosmology.

What does infinite speed have to do with time? One of the definitions for infinite speed on this site is "moving an infinite distance in finite time"
Yeah. That's the thing. Even at full speed, he couldn't cross a finite distance in 0 time, so that's the other requirement for infinite movement speed not fulfilled. Plain as day, as solid as it gets.

I do not specifically understood how MWI would contradict anything regarding cosmology being same? Infact main point here is that out of all types of parallel world theory (Type 1, 2, 3, 4) Type 3 or MWI is assigned to have exact same cosmology throughout Timelines with variation in stories. Branching insures it that they were same at some point in time and to vary, there must be some cosmological event to change it (like a god like being altering all of reality and to that, just made infinite universe finite and downplayed Universe so that DBS don't scale high is ridiculous if anything), I think @Planck69 mentioned it as well, and I specifically said it in the thread where DBGT was getting accepted as alternate timeline, that if it got accepted, 2-C universe is undeniable.

Yeah. That's the thing. Even at full speed, he couldn't cross a finite distance in 0 time, so that's the other requirement for infinite movement speed not fulfilled. Plain as day, as solid as it gets.
But on this wiki, there is 2 definitions of it: Able to travel any finite distance in zero time, or move an infinite distance within a finite amount of time. So if db characters apply to the latter, why would time matter? For travel speed.

But on this wiki, there is 2 definitions of it: Able to travel any finite distance in zero time, or move an infinite distance within a finite amount of time. So if db characters apply to the latter, why would time matter? For travel speed.
He didn't travel an infinite distance. That's the point.

Only characters to truly do that are the Angels with their warp ability.

He didn't travel an infinite distance. That's the point.

Only characters to truly do that are the Angels with their warp ability.
yes i know he didn't, but what would contradict that he can't? We accept combat speed and travel speed to be the same, for dbs at least. And how does it make sense to have infinite combat speed but not infinite flight speed?

Back