• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Hey guys it maybe kinda off, but who is your favourite Villains of Dragon Ball Super? Mine would be Moro. I don't know why Goku try to spare him, but this guy gimme a chills, bad chills and a savage vibes. I literally like his characters as antagonize. I wish I could see he more.

Anyone like me?
I'd have to say Zamasu was my favorite... but the manga did the Infinite Zamasu thing better. Copy Vegeta really isn't far behind though. I mean, Brain Drummond voices him. How could you not like Brian Drummond?

(I know, people are entitled to their opinion, but still - Brian Drummond.)

Moro was cool but later events in his arc were shit imo
TELL. ME. ABOUT IT.

I'd have to say Zamasu was my favorite... but the manga did the Infinite Zamasu thing better.
Oh yeah? I kinda suprised, since everyone that I know kinda hate to the manga version of Infinite Zamasu. They think the anime version did better because Zamasu's ideology of reducing living being into zero making himself as a divine being that become one with nature so he can execute his plans.

May I know why dude?

Copy Vegeta really isn't far behind though. I mean, Brain Drummond voices him. How could you not like Brian Drummond?
Uwah... Based. I don't really like copy vegeta's character but his voice actor is awesome af.😳 I love how he depicts Ryuk on death note.

Oh yeah? I kinda suprised, since everyone that I know kinda hate to the manga version of Infinite Zamasu. They think the anime version did better because Zamasu's ideology of reducing living being into zero making himself as a divine being that become one with nature so he can execute his plans.

May I know why dude?
Sure. Though it all goes back to another anime that did a similar thing - Sonic X. Does the name "Dark Oak" ring a couple of bells?
Uwah... Based. I don't really like copy vegeta's character but his voice actor is awesome af.😳 I love how he depicts Ryuk on death note.
Not only that, but Brian Drummond also voiced Blurr in the 4Kids dub for Transformers Armada.

Theoretically it could also be 10x higher than the Kaioken x 20 considering, but that would also be really dumb and against what everything says about it. Also kind of against the quote, but it'd be the only thing that'd even make sense.

ssj x10 or 50x?

Kaioken: x2
Kaioken x3 = x3 etc so forth

Oozaru: 10x

SSJ= 50
SSJ grade 3= possibly 500x according to one source, or a 100x (More reasonable) (Far slower, to the point of being useless)
MSSJ: 50x
SSJ2: 100x
SSJ3= 400x
after that, it's unknown

I've reached a point where I've learned so much, and watched so much, and read so much, that nothing in Dragon Ball, both new and old, can really interest me anymore. I could go back and reread Ranma's first battle with Ryoga, or Kei versus Sato, or any of John's fights with the Royals, and I would get something outta that. But, if I went back and read something like the Battle of Namek, it just wouldn't do anything for me.

I always thought MSSJ was a bit greater then 50x since they don’t have to tire themselves out + let’s them output more power

IIrc, MSSJ doesn't actually increases power, it allow Gohan and Goku to use it at the highest efficiency, the increases in power is because they constantly train with it, unlike Vegeta and Trunks as two of them too focus on attaining higher transformation

Afaik, it was like SSB, when you use it u will have the highest power for seconds then you will lose most of it, so mastering it allows the user to stay at fullpower always

But if you are talking about Goku after mastering SSJ and before, you might get a huge power up because that Goku trained in RoSaT before mastering it

The only issues that the original Super Saiyan form had was that it irritated the emotions of its user, oftentimes transforming otherwise unassuming fighters into sadistic savages or mindless brutes, and that it drained energy at a rapid pace, thus limiting its practically in drawn-out battles. And, when you factor the Second Grade and Third Grade states into the equation, the whole situation becomes really muddy, because those two forms focus on pure strength in exchange for a heftier stamina tax and, eventually, speed loss.

Upon realizing this, to compensate, Goku and Gohan trained their bodies for a year to accustom themselves to the feel of the Super Saiyan form, which eventually allowed them to master its power and utilize the form without any of the aforementioned drawbacks; they had grown to know their own power, and because of that, it came as second nature to them, hence why they could essentially use it as a pseudo-base form, rather than being a forced change like normally.

doesn't really though because according to toriyama, super saiyans 2 and 3 are just extra-powered-up versions of the original super saiyan form which means that goku and co. can just train really hard to increase the power they output when transformed for funsies
in fact, in the manga, trunks did that exact thing with super saiyan 2

in fact, in the manga, trunks did that exact thing with super saiyan 2
Whereas in the anime, Trunks got Super Saiyan Rage by Goku Black & Zamasu getting him even angrier than he already was at that point in time. It doesn't make sense to me either, but hey - either way Spirit Bomb Super Saiyan became canon.

Random thought, would it be possible or appropriate to give Kid Goku another profile for when he was a gag character? Because he definitely was in the Pilaf Saga and arguably a bit after that. Goku had several notable gag feats, with the first big one being when he took the Rabbit Hat Gang to the moon in a matter of seconds (whereas it was implied to have taken him a very long time to reach Kami's Lookout from Korin Tower in the King Piccolo arc, where the series took a MUCH more serious tone) without them even dying despite two being humans the other being a bipedal talking rabbit with transmutation powers. Not much later, his most well known gag feat is hitting Yamcha into the manga panel and breaking a piece of it. And the biggest one he has is as an Oozaru, where a narration box had Toriyama saying that he can no longer control Goku, which would at least be grounds for plot manipulation resistance if gag Goku got a page.

Edit: There's also that time when Goku literally flew back to the tournament arena by using his tail like a literal helicopter propeller.

Back