• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Flower man you traitor. You literally recently said it was instant movement. It being described as movement isn't technically wrong because it's used for transportation.

Because infinitesimal is the number closest to zero that is not zero, moving in a time frame such as that would be practically infinite speed since there is no number closest to zero it would just be treated as zero.
Wouldn’t that just be insanely mftl?

another's take on it:

“Shunkan’Idou”, the technique erroneously dubbed instant transmission directly translates to teleportation. Despite commonly being so in fiction, teleportation does not need to be instantaneous. Teleportation just means moving from one location to another without physically traversing the distance. Time can be elapsed during teleportation. In quantum mechanics, quantum tunneling, essentially real world teleportation, has a finite speed. Significantly faster than the speed of light, but limited nonetheless. While coming from non canon sources, Instant transmission is also shown to have an elapsed time between teleporting.

Even if it did directly translate to Instant transmission, the naming fallacy would also still apply. There would need to be a direct statement saying that the technique is instant from the manga or databooks. As far as I know, no such statement exists. That said, if Shunkan’Idou is instantaneous, it would not be an outlier. Dragon Ball characters have had an infinite level of reaction and combat speed since SSG Goku and Beerus sent shockwaves across not only an infinitely sized universe, but also the afterlife and kaioshin realms possibly existing in a separate space time continuum, in a finite timeframe.

Another note, Granolah’s, and by extension Gas’ teleportation ability being faster than Goku’s doesn’t necessarily have to refer to the transportation speed, but the start up time. Goku is rarely seen teleporting without his finger to his forehead during combat because it is incredibly difficult and takes time to focus before teleporting. It seems as though there is no or minimal lag between when Granolah and Gas choose to teleport and when they actually do, unlike Goku, which allows them to use it in rapid succession usefully mid fight and even against each other.

I don't agree with their appraisal of the BoG feat though, since we have no evidence that Dragonball's universe is actually infinite, and the idea of the afterlife being seperate has it's contradictions as well, but the rest is pretty sound from my Knowledge

But again Teleportation is not something infinite lol, it ability as a whole is allow you to pop up in the plave you want without travel through the distance and it also doesn't mean it literally take absolute 0s to travel

Okay I checked and apparently moving an instant literally is infinite speed. So this granolah's feat is valid.
The problem is shunkan ido is stated to not move in an instant, but instantly. By using the dictionary definition, instant as an adjective means very fast, but instant as a noun means an infinitesimal moment in time. The only time instant the noun is used in a guide statement describing the technique, it seems pretty hyperbolic or just means very fast.
"Vol. 28 / Chp. 336 He brought back Kame-sennin's sunglasses in an instant."
So I'm not quite sure about the technqiue being instant literally anymore but I'll keep looking.

Saw it a while ago, loved it. Definitely among my favorites, but not the best I've seen imo. I also loved Hulk Vs. Saitama by ZimautAnimation, but I can't post it cause it's a Dragon Ball thread lol.

Hey guys it maybe kinda off, but who is your favourite Villains of Dragon Ball Super? Mine would be Moro. I don't know why Goku try to spare him, but this guy gimme a chills, bad chills and a savage vibes. I literally like his characters as antagonize. I wish I could see he more.

Anyone like me?

I liked Zamasu and Cell, Moro was cool but later events in his arc were shit imo
Sadly Zamasu kinda feels the same downfall. But in the end Moro is the one who be messed-up by Goku himself. So yeah I kinda agree. It's kinda bumps me out tho by how he eat 73 and even had Meerus's UI💀

Such a Shame for DBS arc that only up to 20 chapter. I wish it can be so long like other monthly manga. So we can get a decent development.

out of the entire Franchise, It'd be Zamasu, Frieza, King Piccolo, Majin Vegeta, Cell, Raditz, Granolah, Super 17, Syn Shenron, moro, and Vegeta (Saiyan Saga, so he counts)
Uwah. I actually consider King Piccolo and Cell as one of the best Villain (I can really choose between them who is the best at most). Nice choice sir.

Zamasu and Beerus are cute, but none of them are really my favorites; Dragon Ball as a whole just sits in the back of my mind.
I see so you consider it as a side roller-coaster thing. I can take that. Nice opinion tho.

It's biggest driving force is people who watch anime for the sole purpose of fight scenes, after that, with the slightest push at it's world building, you see how flawed it is

It's biggest driving force is people who watch anime for the sole purpose of fight scenes, after that, with the slightest push at it's world building, you see how flawed it is
If you think that dragon ball is only good for it's fight scenes then you're wrong.
Jiren is one of the beat antagonist in super. He's really cool.

Back