• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

This imo makes no sense. If you are completely stronger someone even if u don’t know how to control your power, u should still be kicking ass regardless

Unless Gas gets a boost as the one Granolah got against Vegeta, they both will weaken each other and Goku and Vegeta could join in if Gas is weakened

I imagine it's more of a X+1 in this situation than X*2 or something. Like, yeah, stronger but not by much. Also Gas was holding back for most of that fight anyway.

Why no one mentioned this? Granolah literally performs an infinite speed feat this chapter.
SfCKEeeUpGeds9fNX1pD1640022389.jpg

Granolah kicks gas but gas uses instant transmission and he disappears.
lFZ3U6BO5u1cw8EJGTB81640022390.jpg

Granolah reacts and looks behind him, then kicks before gas reappears.
This means in the time it took gas to disappear and reappear, granolah reacted, turned and kicked where he'd appear. Instant transmission is instant which means the time frame between disappearing and reappearing is 0. This is an infinite speed feat.

Also this isn't an outlier which you might argue because they are still using IT. Goku literally states granolah and gas' instant transmission is even faster than his.
UKJO96vCQfxsTW8tctRY1621546174.jpg

We thought this meant it was thought based but no, the shit is literally faster because Goku can already use instant transmission without gestures.

Show me one instance where Goku uses Instant Transmission without placing his fingers to his forehead — barring the Instant Kamehameha which is a very apparent outlier — and, I'll get prepared on showing you ten instances where he did perform the hand gestures.

Also, Goku refers to Granolah and Gas' teleportation technique as though they were functionally the same as his own, so...

Show me one instance where Goku uses Instant Transmission without placing his fingers to his forehead — barring the Instant Kamehameha which is a very apparent outlier — and, I'll get prepared on showing you ten instances where he did perform the hand gestures.

Also, Goku refers to Granolah and Gas' teleportation technique as though they were functionally the same as his own, so...
It's probably a more advanced Version

Chapter 374, Goku teleports to cell without using the gesture.
5.jpg

The same chapter when he sabes tien and piccolo.
9.jpg

10.jpg

Chapter 336, the first time goku uses IT.
3.jpg
4.jpg

Chapter 509. Shin uses kai kai without the gesture.
11.jpg

13.jpg

Kid buu does the same.
7.jpg

Minute 53:33 goku uses IT kamehameha.
Minute 55:27 goku uses IT against gohan.
Minute 1:02:35 goku saves 18.
And of course the cell instant kamehameha example.
0207-004.png

It's the same technique but faster. This actually supports it being faster because if it was thought based then it wouldn't be functionally the same technique.

I dont think he means just to use IT and put infinite speed on everyone, I think his point is that Gas used IT and after he used it, Granolah moved and attacked before Gas could appear in that place, so Granolah has a combat speed that is faster than IT which is instant movement, meaning Granolah has infinite speed.

Although I dont agree with this but I think this what he meant, he didnt mean Granolah and Gas have infinite speed because they can use IT.

I think he just predicted where he was going to go as gas' IT isn't as good as Granolah's as gas just got his powers and hasn't fought in 3 battles unlike Granolah
I agree overall, but it also wouldn't change him having infinite speed. He turned and kicked between Gas disappearing and reappearing, he blatantly would need infinite speed to do that. If it wasn't an inapplicable feat for several reasons (mainly cause it's an outlier though) that'd be solid infinite speed.

Looks at Goku being completely fine in a void of nothing after Zeno erased all of trunks timeline in the manga to the point where the time ring was erased too

It doesn't seem to be an outlier considering it just... keeps happening with him, but it will never be accepted regardless because there is just enough ambiguity about that to where you can argue against it.

1 actual feat and 1 vague, debatably legitimate feat don't overcome dozens upon dozens of other feats contradicting them. It's still inconsistent even when including both of these feats together.

Not to mention that upgrading them to infinite because of this would be the very definition of what is in my opinion Vs. Battles Wiki's biggest issue. Lack of critical thinking. Just looking at the more objective evidence at play and not considering anything else. It's the same logic that causes Toppo to be able to defeat Jiren because of how the wiki operates. But I'm not gonna try to get it changed cause it's not that important to me.

1 actual feat and 1 vague, debatably legitimate feat don't overcome dozens upon dozens of other feats contradicting them. It's still inconsistent even when including both of these feats together.
Inconsistent huh, so when people can't debate they use inconsistent and outlier huh. So would you mind to tell me what contradicting them anyway, they walk at finite speed on screen, or because we saw them move at speed that look nothing like infinite speed???

Trying to upgrade Dragon Ball, let alone canon Dragon Ball, to infinite speed, is like trying to lift a building, you're never gonna do it. 100% impossible unless the series somehow made it direct and irrefutable.

Also it's 100% an outlier either way.
How would it still be an outlier? Granlah gas vegeta and Goku are the strongest mortals ever and them using IT doesn't contradict them moving at infinite speed because goku said that granolah's IT is even faster than his own.

I like it a lot, that animation is simply beautiful. Know where it's from? Only thing is that it's a little too down to Earth for a DBZ style fight imo.

Already explained this before, but my main issue with the DBS manga, art-wise I mean, is that the combat doesn't really capture the feeling that these kinds of fighters should give off. We're talking about inhuman space-traveling warriors who can effortlessly obliterate planets in the blink of an eye whenever they want. Like, I'm not asking for high environmental destruction in these fights obviously, nothing like Beerus Vs. Champa (manga version), but it doesn't at all feel like legendary beings who can even challenge the gods themselves are clashing with each other. Just superhumans. Toriyama captured the feeling MUCH better than Toyotaro has. No surprise there I guess.

Back