• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball: A more chill discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainly in reference to this thread.

In short, everybody acted inappropriately. The staff just said "No" and flat out refused to even humour any reasonings for 2-A while in response, people in favour just starting blurting out insults like "You're using Dragon Ball Wiki to support your downplay".

Personally, I found the reasonings for 2-A to at least be discussion worthy; especially since there's just more and more "Infinite" and "Not-Finite" statements rising up with little debunks other than "It doesn't seem likely to me" which, last I checked, Isn't really a debunk. Now I personally can find many debunks for them but the thread is closed as of now.

My opinion on this is more apparent as the staff who just went "Nope" never actually addressed the points made by the last user, who while did act in very bad taste, had actually pretty good debunks/arguments. Like an example, people were using Time Rings to disprove infinite timelines and say that it's branching despite the Supreme Kai himself saying the Time Rings are nothing but trouble and it's complete absence in DBH as well as DBX; the main verses for this discussion.

I'm not trying to insult staff or anything, but from the messages it just oozes the notion of "Oh goddamnit I don't want to deal with this again" which while justified, doesn't mean that you can't address the more "Positive" points in their argument. "Cut out the fat" so to speak, rather than to just close the thing. I mean, at least PM or give the OP a chance to speak before closing their thread when it isn't even them who's arguing at that point.

So! In reply to Matt's last message before closure...

"False, you are blatantly lying. Timelines are created through time travel, changing the past creating new timelines, which spawn time rings indicating that. This is true for Super and Xenoverse.

The entire plot of Xenoverse is about fixing errors in the timeline brought by time travel changes. Were the multiverse already infinite that would be pointless."

Time Rings themselves aren't evidence against Xenoverse as the only ones we see are a box's worth and at best, a room's worth. In Xenoverse alone, we see an entire library at minimum full of scrolls that each contain timelines along with many countless statements to follow suit. Using the notion of Time Rings to debunk DBX statements could also be applied to the "Countless" DBX statements.

See, problem with this is, statements and events in DBX are more canon to the DBX/DBH verse than the Super continuity which is in the Canon Verse. Especially since like outlined above, Time Rings are flat out stated to be nothing but trouble for the Kais, which makes sense! Why would regular Supreme Kais have responsibility over ALL their universe's timelines when we have a full-fledged Supreme Kai of Time just twittling her thumbs?

The second line is... sort of true? The entire plot of Xenoverse is about fixing not errors in the timeline brought by time travel changes, but Time Breaker changes. Beings that aren't even supposed to exist in that timeline, which is why Chronoa is so adamant about fixing things. Why is she worried about these timelines if the timelines are infinite? My answer would be that it's literally her job to, especially since she raised Tokitoki (The bird that literally generates time). Plus we already know of beings that exist outside of timeline trying to screw with it like Demigra. The "Infinite" here doesn't encompass beings like Tokitoki since Tokitoki is sort of the thing that generates time, and Demigra apparently was one of it's caretakers along with the fact that he stayed in the Rift of Time for an extended period of "Time", a place where there's no timeline (Since it's in the space BETWEEN timelines).

Imagine for a second that we have infinite timelines. Everything that will ever occur ever, already occured ad infinium. Now add a being that flat out exists outside of these Infinite Timelines (Supported by the fact that Demigra existed in the Rift of Time for an extended period; meaning he was not subject to History or the Timelines for that period) screwing with a timeline. What'll happen? What error would this cause? We also know paradoxes are a thing due to Fu, so said Infinite Timelines are likely to just rip itself apart which is also supported by Chronoa saying time is delicate. And this event was never in said Infinite Timelines because the cause was from a being that was not subject to Time. So Infinite Timelines just turned into Infinite mangled messes of Timelines. An Infinite amount of car crashes happening at once ad infinium.

Just my two scents. Or long essay paragraphs.

"The staff just said no."

No they didn't, Matthew gave reasons why 2-A is wrong and Assaltwaffle at one point even considered 2-A. What you said there was textbook strawman fallacy.

The thread got closed because InfiniteBlack123 started to become aggressive.

Exactly. I even considered 2-A which is why I suggested Likely 2-A. But no, they wanted outright 2-A in spite of its inconsistencies, which is not how we do things here.

DB is one of the worst in terms of wank, but thats expected due to its popularity. I still lean towards possibly 2-A, but I can understand both POVs so if this gets rejected then oh well.

Just put "Likely 2-A"

This isn´t even tier 1, so don´t act like you hate how a saiyan can solo your verse otherwise as the only reason to ruin the discussion.

Alright I've reopened the thread as I'm not too fond of censorsing someone that has something to say.

However:

Cease any comments of one side downplaying and one side wanking immediately and discuss this in a civilized manner.

Any more snide comments and this thread's getting closed again.

Then I'll move it to general discussion. How about that?

Sera EX said:
Exactly. I even considered 2-A which is why I suggested Likely 2-A. But no, they wanted outright 2-A in spite of its inconsistencies, which is not how we do things here.
Nobody wanted outright 2-A though. At least, not the ones that voted in the beginning. The thread itself was in favour of Likely/Possibly 2-A, it was only very much later on that people started going "It is DEFINITELY 2-A", with said unnamed peoples not including the OP nor the people that originally voted for Possibly/Likely 2-A. Nobody really had a problem with that at least.

"Cease any comments of one side downplaying and one side wanking immediately and discuss this in a civilized manner.

Any more snide comments and this thread's getting closed again."

But why close the thread entirely? Why no warning/"Cease and Desist" notice for InfiniteBlack, which is the one who started throwing around insults and generally going off the rockers? The thread wasn't really "that" bad for most of the time.

at least no Superman vs Goku level stuff for awhile

"ShadowWarrior1999

2-A needs concrete evidence, like an infinite universes/timelines statement. If there's none then 2-B is the highest they can be."

Not intentionally trying to be snarky, but kinda the whole point of discussing this is if these Infinite History and Non-Finite Timeline statements are adequate/supportive enough to warrant an upgrade/Likely/Possibly. Just because something isn't concrete at first glance doesn't mean it's completely untrue; sort of like me not getting advanced math. Just because I don't get it doesn't mean that said advanced math is now somehow false, get me?

That was for both sides. I don't want anyone supporting the upgrade to be called wankers nor those against the upgrade to be called downplayers. That was in response to those in this thread going "DB wankers".

Ah. Alrighty.

So just from this thread alone and the past thread, there doesn't really seem to be *much* opposition for Possibly/Likely 2-A DBH/DBX?

Since the point of the Possibly/Likely label is due to insufficient information from information that implies a thing, although not completely concretely (Which would be a flat upgrade).

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@Akreious Matthew already explained why the history stuff being used is wrong.
Ahm, but my reply to Matt's explanation is directly in the OP?

tl;dr if you don't wanna read my big wall of text:

The statements and mechanics used in DBX and DBH is more canon to DBX and DBH than Super is, as Super happens within the Canon Continuity and not the Game/DBH Continuity.

Example is, DBS Goku within Dragon Ball Heroes is 2-B due to being equal to Xeno Goku even though he's at best only Low 2-C in canon. Time Rings cannot be used to disprove the history stuff in this case especially since there's the existence of the Time Scrolls; scrolls that pinpoint the distortions of history to allow Time patrollers to fix said distortion.

Further explanations as to why Time Patrollers do this is in the OP, although it can easily be passed as mere headcanon and isn't concrete, which is why I didn't include it in the tl;dr.

I'll message Assalt to see if he is fine with possibly 2-A, or if he thinks 2-B is the best solution.

There is no real evidence of 2-A.

All of the scans used as evidence for 2-A were addressed time and again not only in that thread, but in numerous prior threads, and they were all rejected as insufficient in all of them. The notion that 2-A DBX is simply dismissed out of hand is false, and unrealistically.

What really happens is that the people who desperatively want it to be a thing will keep pushing for it, ignoring all opposite arguments. Which is why the thread is so circular since it's very beginning.

Having said all that, 2-A is still not happening. There is no evidence for literally infinite universes, and things such as the Time Rings indicate that timelines aren't formed through every tiny little action like the people that are pro-upgrade insist they are.

So we have a case of people twisting facts to push for an upgrade while also ignoring blatant canon that contradicts it.

The real cal howard said:
If I could do what Dragon Ball does and tire people into getting an upgrade, I'd have my tier 3 Kirby and Zelda after these three years.
Don't bring Zelda revision here OwO

If you can provide evidence of a possibility = timeline, I am fine with 2-A. But as of now it seems like a new timeline is created by time travel/messing with time, not that all possibilities are immediately timelines.

Was just going to message Matt, lol. I guess this can be closed then?

A╠Âl╠Âs╠Âo╠ ╠Âp╠Âl╠Âe╠Âa╠Âs╠Âe╠ ╠Âc╠Âh╠Âe╠Âc╠Âk╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âi╠Âs╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âr╠Âe╠Âa╠Âd╠ ╠Âo╠Âu╠Ât╠Â,╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âa╠Ân╠Âk╠Âs╠Â

I would wait for the Switch Heroes story to be released before trying again, there could more and decisive informations about it.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Just make a discussion rule to put the 2-A nonsense to bed.
We can't keep relying on discussion rules to borderline cesnor people just for having a difference in opinion. I was never a fan of discussion rules saying "don't try to upgrade/downgrade this verse/character" just because something has been discussed at great length.

I understand and I agree with you for the most part. I'm not a fan of censoring people either. But when the same debunked arguments are brought up over and over again, it gets annoying and repetitive. It saves time and effort to just make a discussion rule and have it state why it's wrong.

All we can do is speak our thoughts with the evidence we have and hope that it stacks up.

Not to mention these discusdion rules need to be written better. "Do not complain that Base Goku is 3-A..."? So we're gonna say everyone that disagrees with 3-A base Goku is complaining (a.k.a whining) about it? That's not okay. However, tis not the place for that, so we'd just have to have this conversation another time.

I'm ok if that rule is re-written, it was made during a time where the wiki was pressured by the many db super thread.

I brought up this point in the last thread too but it was ignored.

According to how we treat this as a case of transfinite rather than absolutely infinite, it still qualifies for 2-A according to our tier page, which puts countably infinite at 2-A.

I agree, shutting down threads prematurly, and making rules against ongoing topics, especially from ongoing series is a bad idea.

I still am going to say that there are at least countable infnte timelines, which qualifies for 2-A. It is directly stated that the multiverse/history (an existant record of past events) is not finite, that alone is a 2-A statement.

The argument that them protecting history is proof of it being finite timelines is falacious to btw. They are trying to keep the main origional timeline intact, and stop multiversal threats which come from many other timelines. The other timelines do not effect eachother, they are simply already existing as a multiverse, and constantly creating more through changes to.

We know though that the current existing ones, aka history, are not finite in number according to Fu, and that there are infinite possibilities to keep track of according to the pattroler as well, also imlying the possibilities actualy exist now, if you must keep track of them to know the "correct" or origional one, since if they didn't exist already there would be no correct origional one yet as it would be unwritten, but they are all clearly written if you must keep track of them.

"prove possibility means timeline"

>Chronoa in Heroes literally said "the possibilities are overflowing", and you got characters from all different timelines coming to Xeno Goku's timeline (Super Goku, the dragons etc)

To provide scans:

https://imgur.com/a/kIjN1be ~ The Time Patrollers are currently losing track of History because of the different paths it takes.

https://imgur.com/a/3xaiHJI ~ Fu says that he wants to explore all the possibilities also implies that they already exist as you can't explore something that's just a possibility.

https://imgur.com/a/DuUOf10 ~ Many more timelines outside the Book of Beginning and End that the Time Patrol doesn't care about.

https://imgur.com/a/t135T ~ A quote that Herms translates into "All (sorts of) possibilities are overflowing" which also implies that the possibilities already exist.

I would also like to bring up that Time Rings never existed in DBH or DBX cosmology. Those are Dragon Ball Super-only. The mechanics of the cosmology (Time Scrolls, Time Crystals, Time Passport etc.) were established long before Time Rings were even conceived and neither DBH nor DBX mention Time Rings. The only thing that happens when History is altered is that a Time Scroll gets an evil aura. Xenoverse follows the Toeiverse in the first place, not the canonical manga.

Same with "timelines are only created when messing with time"; that's also Super-Only. Branching timelines have been shown in the Tokipedia.

To add to that, bringing the time rings into this is pure association fallacy. It's clear that the games don't work with that. "The more you learn about history, the more you realize you don't know. There's no end to it!", "History can take infinite possibilities"- The infinite possibilites being explored as stated by Fu means they must already exist, and him saying history isn't finite fits perfectly with the time patroller saying history has no end + Chronoa saying the possibilities are overflowing in Heroes, with that introducing characters from different timelines into Xeno Goku's timeline (Super Goku, GT Goku, the shadow dragons etc)

There is still a lot of staff support: Ryukama, AKM, TS1, and Sera is even okay with a "likely 2-A"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back