• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon ball 8-B downgrade

Ok so currently we have the Dragon ball characters at 8-B because they curpstomped General Blue. But General Blue is a pathetic 3 tons while City Block level starts around 10. I've seen characters one shot 6 ton characters with the mere shockwaves of their attack (while that 6 ton character was blocking with a shield), yet they're still high 8-C+, meanwhile dragon ball is 8-B for stomping someone 1 ton above baseline high 8-C. Maybe there is more of a reason for it, but all the profiles say is that Tao Pai Pai fractured Blue's skull.

Hmm, I must agree. Tao Pai Pai by that feat should be just Large Building level.

Schnee One said:
Even Roronoa Zoro (Pre-Timeskip) can one shot an 8 ton character yet is still just High 8C.
Yet another example of one of the qualms I have with how we treat stat scaling here, but I won't open up that can of worms. For now...

OT: I agree with the OP. Unless there's an actual feat that puts all the characters above High 8-C, they shouldn't be that high.

It doesn't even look like a controversial change to begin with. Based on how we scale here, I think they should be High 8-C.

Ok I guess there is enough agreement to make the changes; can one of the admins make the changes because Goku's page is obviously locked.

Wasn't there a lot of wackness with the calc itself

It's been put all over the place tierwise, and only recently have we made it so we can treat gas expansion like explosions if that's how they're portrayed (wave of pressure, knocking people back)

I'm just waiting on Lightning Math to unfork itself by DontTalk and I'm on mobile

Man I have a lot of things to do but either way, I think we do already have a Blue calc that uses near total and such, it just got shot down

Wait

Therefir already got that area covered

Yeah anyways they should be High 8-C if it's this low end on the tier

I'm surprised it wasn't applied earlier. The reason why I didn't push it was because I thought the feat needed to be recalculated but apparently it doesn't so this should probably be applied unless anyone has any objections.

Is it ok to edit the profiles or should I get the original staff members that commented. Nothing changed since this downgrade was accepted but it has been a long time.

After editing Tao's profile I just realized all the other profiles are locked so I won't be able to edit them. Would someone be able to unlock them?

Could you give me the list of locked profiles? I could take care of the edits if listed quick enough. I got work today, but I can either unlock or edit them before then and may need another staff to lock them back up if not back from work before then.

Edit: Actually, I got to go there now, someone else should take care of it while I'm gone.

Yeah that's 8-A with Tri Beam so I think it's backscaled from that feat.

I thought it was agreed that scaling to the Tri Beam wasn't possible, since it's a special move that taps into Tien's life force and would've killed Goku had it hit him.

Sorry for not responding earlier. I had to work on something. I'm about to go for a walk right now. Afterwards I make a list of all the characters that need to be changed (if they backscale form 8-A they would still need to change because that's not their current justification).

I work at a grocery store. A small walk is the least of my worries (also it was my family's idea).

Schnee One said:
STAY INSIDE
As long as he's walking somewhere away from people, it's healthier for him mentally if he takes a walk. Staying inside means not getting enough exposure to sunlight, and that lowers your serotonin levels. Which causes depression and anxiety.

It's part of the reason why people who haven't been living like hermits up to this point are losing their nerve right now due to the fact that they're being forced to stay indoors.

EDIT: Yes, I know that's off-topic. I'm just saying...

To be honest I am a bit of a hypocrite because I kinda walk myself around a silent apartment complex.

Oh.

Well, at least you're still practicing your social distancing. I hope...

EDIT: Damn, that term gets on my nerves. I can't even say it as a joke without getting annoyed...

No they're still locked. I had to write an essay today and I got almost no sleep last night so I'm sorry for responding to this thread late. I'll gather a list of the characters that need to be unlocked.

So far this list includes:

Goku (first half of dragon ball)

Krilli

Piccolo

Tien Shinha

Yamcha

I have edited them all, and as for the T-rex vaporization feat, the weight of a full grown T-Rex varies, but going from smallest to largest yields High 8-C to 8-B results. With the average yielding a Large Building level+ result.

But I should move that to a blog. But does anyone have access to the manga pages of the feat happening? I'd dig them up but tied up ATM.

Back