• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I guess this seems fine, but wouldn't Goku also downscale from his Oozaru's speed (which is currently Hypersonic+) to Supersonic besides Subsonic?

Wouldn't it be better to rate Goku off of his feats than backwards scale from a multiplier form? The Oozaru may be a 10x multiplier in general, but it has also shown itself to be capable of way more powerful feats than just 10x base Goku's level of power.

I guess this seems fine, but wouldn't Goku also downscale from his Oozaru's speed (which is currently Hypersonic+) to Supersonic besides Subsonic?
It's never said that speed shares the same multiplier.

No, that's what multipliers are for.

Give me one example that isn't an outlier.

I'll do some research - but is there any consistency for very beginning of series Goku being 8-C?

And "That's what multipliers are for" doesn't really mean that it'll be more accurate to ignore base Goku's actual feats in favor of this new rating, just because this new rating is higher.

And "That's what multipliers are for" doesn't really mean that it'll be more accurate to ignore base Goku's actual feats in favor of this new rating, just because this new rating is higher.
9-A to 8-C is hardly a big jump, i don't see the problem with this upgrade tbh.

There's like an entire series of dragon ball calcs with much results that are easily 9-A to 8-B for early dragon ball, I can bump them in the calc evaluation thread but like they do exist

I have plans for other upgrades for base Roshi and 21st Budokai Goku, since there really isn't really any reason Goku got that much stronger between 21st Budokai and start of the Red Ribbon Army arc; fighting Blue was well before Korin's training. Speaking of which, Master Roshi has like 0 reason to be any weaker than Grandpa Gohan (His own student and it's not like Gohan ever surpassed Roshi or took his title as "King of Martial Arts") And Roshi was the first to pass Korin's training. And while Base Roshi could probably be weaker than Goku was post Korin's training, he should be stronger than Goku was before Korin's training even in his weakest key.

But anyway, I agree with damage that the Oozaru form doesn't exactly have the most reliably consistent multiplier.

SSJ1 has consistency; due to being significantly stronger/faster than 100% Frieza when Kaioken x20 was just barely able to keep up with 50% Frieza.

I dunno if I should agree or disagree with it myself, mainly because I forget the context of Vegeta stating that his power increased tenfold in his Oozaru form. I mean if it's a straight up 10x multiplier, I can sure as hell agree with this, but on the other hand, if it were a 10x increase in power level (like, from 18,000 to 180,000 in Vegeta's case), that's where things get VERY finicky since with power levels, Nappa only needed a 14% Power Level (4000 vs 3500) difference to wipe the floor with Piccolo, and Piccolo was Nappa's only direct kill. 14% is normally otherwise a visibly small difference, mind you.

I dunno if I should agree or disagree with it myself, mainly because I forget the context of Vegeta stating that his power increased tenfold in his Oozaru form. I mean if it's a straight up 10x multiplier, I can sure as hell agree with this, but on the other hand, if it were a 10x increase in power level (like, from 18,000 to 180,000 in Vegeta's case), that's where things get VERY finicky since with power levels, Nappa only needed a 14% Power Level (4000 vs 3500) difference to wipe the floor with Piccolo, and Piccolo was Nappa's only direct kill. 14% is normally otherwise a visibly small difference, mind you.
It was stated to multiply power
When was oozaru vegeta stated to have a power level of 180,000?

PL's are not linear and are just all over the place; sometimes they're sort of linear other times going from 139 to 180 is the equivalent of jumping from Tier 8 to Moon level. But Kaioken has multiplier statements very specific outside of PL's and what not. As for Ozaru, the multiplier statements are just not consistent, and if anything; it is mostly a power upgrade but hardly a speed upgrade.

But aren't most of Kid Goku's early feats very casual?
Bruh I bumped so many calcs in the evaluations thread for early dragon ball and they all range from 9-B to 8-A+ for kid goku in early DB, if they're evaluated then🤷‍♀️

Bruh I bumped so many calcs in the evaluations thread for early dragon ball and they all range from 9-B to 8-A+ for kid goku in early DB, if they're evaluated then🤷‍♀️
Where does 8-A+ come from, the Monster Carrot feat?

Ah, that actually would make some nice upgrades. But we need calc group members to comment on that.

PL's are not linear and are just all over the place; sometimes they're sort of linear other times going from 139 to 180 is the equivalent of jumping from Tier 8 to Moon level. But Kaioken has multiplier statements very specific outside of PL's and what not. As for Ozaru, the multiplier statements are just not consistent, and if anything; it is mostly a power upgrade but hardly a speed upgrade.
Oozaru necesitates a speed amp to do what it did against Goku, Vegeta tail whips him with a KK3 actand is able to tag him with a mouthblast from 100s of meters away before Goku can even finish launching the spirit bomb, Goku also does mention even a kaioken x5 wouldn’t be enough to do much against Oozaru Vegeta meaning a very linear increase in stats applies to it.

I think 10x is consistent for both AP and speed considering Gohan whose angry PL had a scouter reading of 3000 at most, could put up a fight against Vegeta after losing the transformation.

Can we be realistic for like 2 seconds 🗿. Obviously power levels aren't linear but when a certain multiplier is established it tends to have backing by PL. The Kaioken, Super Saiyan, Frieza going from 50 -> Full Power. All of these have multipliers in the show which correspond to the power level gain. It clearly can't be used as main evidence but if a multiplier holds water, a power level should be allowed to be used as support or contradiction. Yes we know power levels arent linear but pretending as if they don't paint a clear picture is disingenuous.

Back