• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dota 2 Discussion Thread

Not bad

What do you guys think of removing the Dota 2 verse page? It's too outdated with scaling that I think is bad and a full revise is the only way to fix it after we get a proper stats and powerscaling chain.
I'm okay with that. Couldn't we use Hammer units to calculate some feats the Heroes has?

I'm deleting the verse page mainly because so many heroes are lacking in scaling and physical feats. Dota 2 actually has some pretty good hax (and potential tier 1 feats if Valve lore wasn't so vague :)) but the Heroes hardly interact with each other like a powerscaling anime would. There are heroes that have canonically fought each other and etc. but right now they are super lacking in legit feats.

Sure, we can calc hero spells like the heat energy of Lina's Light Strike Array and Laguna Blade but she's never used these to hurt a hero or anything else similar. It would be pretty wrong to scale Lina's spells to someone like Meepo just because they're both heroes and they can fight each other in-game (or if you want to go further, you might source Artifact's timelines stuff which I don't think is valid for scaling)

I was looking at Phoenix's profile and I noticed something odd. We scale this guy to a supernova, the very process that's supposed to kill him (but not permanently), not to mention that Phoenix's "terrestrial form" isn't as large as an actual star. Otherwise these two artifacts in the lore won't actually fit to his body.
Right, forgot I was gonna address this thing. Just... gimme some time, pretty busy.

Right, forgot I was gonna address this thing. Just... gimme some time, pretty busy.
4th of november
6ed.jpg

Well, shit. Did the new book drop while this thread died for the 5833984684th time?

NOOO GOD ******* DAMNIT MY POST GOT DELETED AAAAAAAAAA
I'll just summarize it:
Scaling flame bird to ultimate dumb, but I fine with flame bird being "Pee pee poo poo ca ca normally, High 4-C with supernova"
Flame bird artifact size can be explained, since bristle man call flame bird elemental, and elemental can change shape and size, it plausible flame bird changed size so it can wear funny helmets.

I am too tired to write a serious post, I'm sorry.

So, I heard that season 2 was a major flop. No wonder Valve didn't promote or advertise it whatsoever. anime lina looks cute tho

Speaking of flops, did Ectasy ever actually make a post on the profile deletions thread or make a CRT requesting the deletion of the verse? I remember me and him discussing about deleting the verse since it's an absolute mess, but I don't remember if he did actually do anything about that.

So, I heard that season 2 was a major flop. No wonder Valve didn't promote or advertise it whatsoever. anime lina looks cute tho

Speaking of flops, did Ectasy ever actually make a post on the profile deletions thread or make a CRT requesting the deletion of the verse? I remember me and him discussing about deleting the verse since it's an absolute mess, but I don't remember if he did actually do anything about that.
I don’t think he did

They actually made the Primal Beast a playable hero, what the ****.
Anyways, new patch is out, aaaaand... rip my main (Io)

Holy smokes. Been a while since I visited this thread.

Anything happening with the Anime? I saw some clips where Terrorblade apparently absorbs all the dragons. Did that mean he's effectively 2-A now?

Great. Does this mean that DK's full humanoid dragon transformation and Invoker to some extent get the same rating?

Really need to watch s2 and s3 still. Hopefully we can do the revisions sooner or later.

Hey guys

So I've been through all 3 seasons now and there's a lot to unpack that I've mostly unpacked, I'm thinking that Invoker's page is gonna be interesting to make

I've come to the conclusion that I don't think we'll ever make complete pages for Dota 2 Heroes, however I do think Dragon's Blood can get some pages with solid stats and justifications. So many Heroes have vague power levels in terms of physicals and scaling is almost nonexistent for most.

I have enough reincarnations, refresher orbs, refresher shards, WK aghs, cheese, and aegis to get through the ages and get this verse some decent profiles

Anyways, Invoker seems to be one of the most powerful character in DB, only Hybrion scales to him. Hell he probably upscales to Invoker. Also got to making some profiles for some of the most powerful items in every shop

I have enough reincarnations, refresher orbs, refresher shards, WK aghs, cheese, and aegis to get through the ages and get this verse some decent profiles

Anyways, Invoker seems to be one of the most powerful character in DB, only Hybrion scales to him. Hell he probably upscales to Invoker. Also got to making some profiles for some of the most powerful items in every shop
Haven't watched anime, but I'm sure we can work a bit more even with just the information from base game, artifact, and (iirc) info from underlords.

Haven't watched anime, but I'm sure we can work a bit more even with just the information from base game, artifact, and (iirc) info from underlords.
Eh I feel like the main canon games are too vague, Underlords has no cool feats and it doesn't seem to confirm much, Artifact has Zeus cratering a city in a temper tantrum but the timeframe and the way he did is not stated (too vague to assume that he did it one lightning bolt or multiple) and there's an issue with scaling everyone to 8-A because there are way bigger mountains than what was used in the calcs for the current profiles. Again we must wait the long haul for scraps and crumbs of feats, but at least Dota 2 is super haxxed
Oh also, could you post the powerful item blog pages?
There's no stats, but

Items

Heroes

Also I think most if not all Heroes may earn a "physiology" page with how much abilities they share, as well as the powers they get from being aligned with the Ancients

Eh I feel like the main canon games are too vague, Underlords has no cool feats and it doesn't seem to confirm much, Artifact has Zeus cratering a city in a temper tantrum but the timeframe and the way he did is not stated (too vague to assume that he did it one lightning bolt or multiple) and there's an issue with scaling everyone to 8-A because there are way bigger mountains than what was used in the calcs for the current profiles. Again we must wait the long haul for scraps and crumbs of feats, but at least Dota 2 is super haxxed
Also didn't play Artifact, but it does confirm that Faceless Void can destroy an entire timeline, so I'd be willing to go through the cards and the statements/lore they could possibly contain in order to see what else could be found in addition to the Zeus + FV statements we already have. I'll also try to go through the comics, cause I vaguely remember a number of statements about the ancients that would probably be pretty important to their and Zet's tiering (and maybe other top tiers)

If Underlords doesn't have much then I'd leave that on the table for a bit.

I'd also be interested in helping with calcing those mountain feats(?), and other feats that have either been uncalced or gone under the radar.
There's no stats, but

Items

Heroes
Now that is something that'll be a long haul thing lol

Also didn't play Artifact, but it does confirm that Faceless Void can destroy an entire timeline, so I'd be willing to go through the cards and the statements/lore they could possibly contain in order to see what else could be found in addition to the Zeus + FV statements we already have. I'll also try to go through the comics, cause I vaguely remember a number of statements about the ancients that would probably be pretty important to their and Zet's tiering (and maybe other top tiers)

If Underlords doesn't have much then I'd leave that on the table for a bit.

I'd also be interested in helping with calcing those mountain feats(?), and other feats that have either been uncalced or gone under the radar.

Now that is something that'll be a long haul thing lol
I have a feeling that the likes of FV and Elder Titan aren't supposed to be in the current tiers we put them in because they have forms in the material plane, it's strange that ET is AE1 yet he's literally a cow man in the flesh which should make him AE2 (his true self when he isn't split being AE1 instead), Phoenix is somehow High 4-C by scaling to the very thing that kills him plus the sun in his Supernova isn't big as a real star since it's literally just him folding his wings around himself and whoever he holds on to, Leshrac and every other character is High 4-C from scaling to Phoenix's Supernova which is wrong for reasons previously said and they have no feats on that level. Not trying to downgrade stuff, but we should make a distinction between the true self of a cosmic hero in an extradimensional plane and their physical avatar on the material plane.

I just think that the whole Reaver scaling thing is wrong, heroes only gain the strength to tear down mountains when they wield it, much like how you get the strength bonus only when you buy it and put it in your inventory, they shouldn't be 8-A or 7-A in base.

I've already been through all the Artifact and Underlords stuff, there's not much in terms of feats due to the ambiguity and reliance on written lore with no cinematics/comics to backup still images in the card art. I'd rather work on the Dragon's Blood stuff tbh, it's much easier

Speaking of Ancients, they could possibly be 2-A but I'm tripping right now since it's late, I'll probably double check what I'm saying here

Back