• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal - The Ancient Gods - Part Two CRT (Spoilers Ahead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please link to your sandbox here. Perhaps Firestorm can help to improve on it.

I would add social influencing or mind hax to it because of what he did to the Khan Makyr and Samur

Weekly has told me that some Doom characters have been given 2-B physical stats via a universal power source, without evidence that that universal power source scales to anyone physically, allegedly based off of statements like
the premise of the recent DLC was that the guy argued as being 2-B was going to lead an army of demons across the multiverse to destroy it and because he says he would destroy the multiverse people automatically thought he would just throw a punch and destroy it all
"As all things were made by my hand, so shall they be unmade by my hand = Davoth would destroy the multiverse physically" even though the lore itself says that he didnt literally create with his hands, he justsorta willed stuff into existence

The stuff I've heard is insufficient evidence to scale to physicals, at best it'd scale to other non-physical attacks generated through the same power source.

there is no indication it was going to be through the army. the recent interview mentioned dagoth's boss battle would have had him doing more impressive feats oon screen, but they cut it because time constraints. His army was to deal with the invaders attacking hell in the dlc

and the energy systems in verse are shown to correlate to physicals. Argent energy for example amps the physicality of those who use it

We don't scale the mechanics of different energy sources within the same verse to each other. They tend to be different for a reason.
do you mean scaling argent energy to the others? fair, but they also have evidence of correlation with physicals

Well, if there's evidence of this 2-B's energy source correlating with physicals, then I'll change my mind once that's shown. Axxtentacle's post should clear this up soon enough.

Davoth uses his power to amp the weapons that the Armored Barons use physically.

Here's where that comes from:

DOOMEternal_4_8_2021_12_27_52_AM.png

Additionally, Buff Totems can amp things physically. Arch-viles also use this along with their mind control.

DOOMEternal_4_8_2021_12_28_24_AM.png

DOOMEternal_4_8_2021_12_28_41_AM.png

This should be sufficient proof that they can use the energy for physicals.

First scan feels like the enchantment's to make strikes affect the soul.

The next two scans feel like they're too many steps away (equipment used by a being created by a 2-B being) and would cause massive outlier issues (does it really make contextual sense for these fodder demons to be punching thousands of timelines away? Does it really make sense for those demons to jump from their relatively low tier to 2-B as soon as they get in the range of that totem?)

So I'm not convinced based on those scans.

Oh, don't forget in the Story of the Sentinels it directly says it powers their attacks.

"The Order of the Deag were first to unlock the mystery of these foul creatures. The Priests were able to capture several of the beasts and set about to identify the source of their power. It was then that the Essence of the Dark Realm was discovered. Not wholly unlike our own, this power was the life-essence that flowed through their twisted form and powered their attacks."

Here's where that's from.

First scan feels like the enchantment's to make strikes affect the soul.

The next two scans feel like they're too many steps away (equipment used by a being created by a 2-B being) and would cause massive outlier issues (does it really make contextual sense for these fodder demons to be punching thousands of timelines away? Does it really make sense for those demons to jump from their relatively low tier to 2-B as soon as they get in the range of that totem?)

So I'm not convinced based on those scans.
Nononono, i'm not saying that ALL demons get that, i'm saying that Davoth has been shown to use it on that level to create and states he will be able to destroy everything he made.

The Buff Totem doesn't make them all tier 2. It's just an unquantifiable buff, the point of the comment was to show that it CAN be used to power their attacks.

Well if that is the same energy source in question (I don't actually know anything about Doom), it does say it can be used to empower physical strikes, so as far as I can tell, it passes our standards.

As an aside, I think I'd prefer if the standards required the verse to establish that the same character uses that energy source for creation and physical empowerment.

Like, character A creates a city with magic, character B empowers punches with magic, since character A doesn't empower their punches with magic, it shouldn't scale physically. But I don't think that's a part of our standards rn, so Doom should get a pass.

idk what you mean by that

Well, that's kind of the point of having a "universal power source" for the verse. That it's used for everything done there. Hell Energy would logically fit that.

I think what he's trying to say is that Argent energy is the demonic energy used for a wide variety of powers, and amping their physical characteristics is also included on that list. And he wasn't saying all demons are that strong, only Dargoth; he was simply saying all demons have Argent energy; but Dargoth has a lot more than all those other demons put together.

Not Argent Energy, Hell Energy.

Argent Energy is actually a completely different kind of energy, it's a mixture of Wraith Energy and Hell Energy. Hell Energy powers Hell and everything in it, Wraith Energy is specifically power from "Wraiths", "godlike" beings that the Sentinels worked with to fuel their civilization.

Basically, Hell Energy is the universal energy source for Hell and Davoth, Wraith Energy/Sentinel Energy is what the Sentinels use, and Argent Energy is a very special energy created by fusing the 2 together.

hell essence is soul energy so to speak it can be turned to argent enegry( a more potent version of it that increases your power far more drasticly) by fusing it with wraith energy or purifing it with maykr tech as seen in nekrovolt
and the demonic crucible(which was emplied to have been created by the dark lord) has a limitless amount of argent within it

Perhaps we should close the thread, we are pretty much done here and all we are waiting on right now (from my knowledge) is FireStorm finishing up that Davoth profile, and keeping this thread open isn't necessary for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back