• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal - The Ancient Gods - Part Two CRT (Spoilers Ahead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah?? The second bit is what we're proposing.

Because he got unquantifiably stronger over time, then got a higher tier feat.
We already know how he gets stronger it’s from demon absorption and reactive power level. So we would need to attribute the power increase to those. That’s all I’m saying. We can clearly see he gets stronger and we can clearly see he has tier 2 feats. I’m talking about “the how”. How he went from tier 7 to tier 2 needs to specified or else it would be fuel for the doom downgrade CRT weekly is going to make.

There doesn't need to be a how. You just need to know it happened.
That’s not in line with how the story made it out to be. Doomguy is tier 2 because he has the piece of Davoth in him.

It is also very self defeating to not put a reason as to how got to tier 2. The reason he is at tier 2 is because of the Davoth orb that was placed inside him.

That is practical reasoning. I want doomguy to stay tier 2 when we make it happen. Us not putting a how or why he made it to tier 2 is a path to doomguy’s tier 2 rating being removed.

If it's not a universal energy source that works for pretty much everything like the Demon's magic, their technology, being what makes them up, etc etc etc.

Not sure. But us using his reactive power level and absorption as a reason for him going from tier 7 to 2 is another way we could make his rating more rock solid.

That’s not in line with how the story made it out to be. Doomguy is tier 2 because he has the piece of Davoth in him.
Doomguy is stronger because he has the piece of Davoth. Unless you're proposing that The Champion titan is tier 2 with no feats, and that every Titan past that is 2-B.
It is also very self defeating to not put a reason as to how got to tier 2. The reason he is at tier 2 is because of the Davoth orb that was placed inside him.
We do have a reason.
That is practical reasoning. I want doomguy to stay tier 2 when we make it happen. Us not putting a how or why he made it to tier 2 is a path to doomguy’s tier 2 rating being removed.
We do have a reason though. You just don't like it.

Not sure. But us using his reactive power level and absorption as a reason for him going from tier 7 to 2 is another way we could make his rating more rock solid.
That is LITERALLY THE REASON WE ARE PROPOSING, DTG.

Doomguy is stronger because he has the piece of Davoth. Unless you're proposing that The Champion titan is tier 2 with no feats, and that every Titan past that is 2-B.
Ok yeah and then would need to reactive power level argument when we take that into account. But I think 2016 titan fight could have been unknowingly retconned when we read eternal’s lore
We do have a reason though. You just don't like it.
What is your reasoning? Because when I asked for it this is what you said.

“There doesn't need to be a how. You just need to know it happened.”
That is LITERALLY THE REASON WE ARE PROPOSING, DTG.
You are proposing using his reactive power level as the reason?

Ok yeah and then would need to reactive power level argument when we take that into account. But I think 2016 titan fight could have been unknowingly retconned when we read eternal’s lore
That's what we've been saying from the start.
What is your reasoning? Because when I asked for it this is what you said.

“There doesn't need to be a how. You just need to know it happened.”
There doesn't need to be a why as to why he GOT that much stronger from RPL and Absorption alone. That's what I was saying.
You are proposing using his reactive power level as the reason?
Yes. That's what me and others have been saying.

His power up doesn't need to be 100% linear. At one point he might have fully awakened Davoth's power within him or something.
At least Low 7-B in the previous keys is sufficient since he doesn't have Tier 2 feats before TAGII.

What the? No. We just know he gets vaguely stronger every time he kills something
When I proposed using his reactive power level as how he went from tier 7 to 2 that is what you said.

I’ve been saying this entire time either he was tier 2 since the divinty machine.

or

He became tier 2 from reactive power level.

Why did you start arguing with me? You need to read what I’m typing.

Wrong.

He absorbs all the power from the demons he kills. Maybe 2-C post icon of sin doomguy and we scale icon to his black hole.
This is what you said.

He gets vaguely stronger every time he kills something, and there was a massive time difference between Eternal and TAG.

I agree 100% with using his reactive power level as the reason for tier 2.
Then why are you arguing with me?? That's BEEN the proposal. I said no to "He absorbs all the power from the demons he kills. Maybe 2-C post icon of sin doomguy and we scale icon to his black hole.", not reactive power level as a whole.

I just checked to make sure.

You did not bring up reactive power level a single time.

I was the only person who brought it up.

Let’s just move on.

The Doom Slayer was constantly growing in power.

For he alone could draw strength from his fallen foes, and ever his power grew, swift and unrelenting. ~Slayer's Testament IV

For as he gains in strength so do they fall in numbers. ~Dr. Elena Richardson Log IV

When the Doom Slayer approaches the Dark Lord's Life Sphere, the Dark Lord states "You feel you are prepared now, for this...",
implying that the Doom Slayer previously did not feel prepared to fight the Davoth.

There is a timeskip between Eternal and The Ancient Gods, indicated by Hell's invasion of Earth ending by ARC Data entry #098, but ARC has made many data entries reaching #666 by the time of The Ancient Gods. For all we know, the Doom Slayer dedicated that time to power up against Davoth.

So far we are going with the compromise of "At least Low 7-B, possibly/likely 2-B to 2-A". Wouldn't be against ditching the Tier 7 in an other CRT.
Lmao well I was agreeing with this for the entire time.

We have vague reason to believe Slayer was at the same power he was at when he killed Davoth during the events of Eternal. I'm against adding tier 2 for his Eternal key straight up but I'll be ok with "At least Low 7-B, possibly 2-A to 2-B" if there's sufficient evidence to prove that Eternal would scale.
I’d leave it as possibly higher I guess

well technicly would it be "possibly much higher" for both doom 2016 and eternal
the reasoning for the much high can be (when he was put into the divinity machine, a shard of davoth was fused with him, but it's unknown if he had it's full power at this time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back