• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal - The Ancient Gods - Part Two CRT (Spoilers Ahead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So have you reached any conclusions here yet?

I think we should just go with the TAG key just having the Tier 2 stuff in it and leave out the Tier 7 scaling, going off what DDM said above.

Yeah, Slayer's strongest key shouldn't be downscaled to any of his weaker keys.

The Doom Slayer was constantly growing in power.

For he alone could draw strength from his fallen foes, and ever his power grew, swift and unrelenting. ~Slayer's Testament IV

For as he gains in strength so do they fall in numbers. ~Dr. Elena Richardson Log IV

When the Doom Slayer approaches the Dark Lord's Life Sphere, the Dark Lord states "You feel you are prepared now, for this...",
implying that the Doom Slayer previously did not feel prepared to fight the Davoth.
In fairness he might just not have known about Davoth
We know there have been many Lords of Hell and its possible Slayer killed a few in his eons

There could be an answer when Hugo gives his livestream
There is a timeskip between Eternal and The Ancient Gods, indicated by Hell's invasion of Earth ending by ARC Data entry #098, but ARC has made many data entries reaching #666 by the time of The Ancient Gods. For all we know, the Doom Slayer dedicated that time to power up against Davoth.
Do we have any idea of how long said timeskip was? It could help give us an idea of how Slayer's amps actually work
So far we are going with the compromise of "At least Low 7-B, possibly/likely 2-B to 2-A". Wouldn't be against ditching the Tier 7 in an other CRT.
I'd prefer X Tier (since I'm fond of nuking Tier 7 myself), likely far higher (Contains a fragment of Davoth's power through the Divinity Machine)

well technicly would it be "possibly much higher" for both doom 2016 and eternal
the reasoning for the much high can be (when he was put into the divinity machine, a shard of davoth was fused with him, but it's unknown if he had it's full power at this time)
I definitely think this is the best case scenario
It's notable he has a shard of the Dark Lord but we should prioritize the feats we observe him doing
Haven't multiple people gone through the divinity machine?
I believe that was how the Marauders got revived yeah (fuzzy tho)
All we know is what we've got actual feats for, Doomguy doesn't directly have a tier 2 feat until TAG2, so it should be another key.
I definitely agree with putting that in the TAG 2 key (maybe we could put a note?)

Can somebody write a list of the staff members that have responded in this thread, along with what they agree and disagree with?

Okay? Cool, now show that the creation scales to physicals. Thats whatthis entire argument boils down to. Im not saying the tier 2 feats arent there btw its litrally justan issue of whether they scale to physicals which there hasnt been any evidence provided for
Evidence? Hm. And the fact that Davoth here literally can survive the creation of the creation, even taking into account that if he created them one by one. Damn it, he transformed Hell with one of his outbursts of rage, as described in the codex TAG 1 and TAG 2. This shows its power. And given such power, he could create/change/destroy lvl 2-B realms without any consequences for himself. This gives him Durability 2-B. Slayer could also beat him up.

Evidence? Hm. And the fact that Davoth here literally can survive the creation of the creation, even taking into account that if he created them one by one. Damn it, he transformed Hell with one of his outbursts of rage, as described in the codex TAG 1 and TAG 2. This shows its power. And given such power, he could create/change/destroy lvl 2-B realms without any consequences for himself. This gives him Durability 2-B. Slayer could also beat him up.

This debate already ended, you don't need to bring it back up.

I know this has already concluded, but...
unknown.png

Thoughts?

Actually, I think that video is bringing up more back up information that appears the possible Tier 2 upgrades might be plausible, but I still think it might be best to lean towards what Ovens proposed.

If we want to do a full out tier 2 scaling thing done, we can do that later. For now, stick to Oven's proposal and we're done.

Wasn't there abilities and such for demons that weren't fully accepted yet or what? Not everything about them is crossed out in the OP.

They are not crossed out because they don't have a profile yet, but the abilities are uncontroversial.

So we wait until the sandbox is finished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back