• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread

BFG 9000 sounds like it would at least be 8-A scaling from the Megakelvin laser due to it being the strongest weapon by the UAC. But I don't think the BFG 10000 should be backwards scaled to it nor is there a reliable way to interpret that. But the 10000 is High 6-A.

Yeah I still disagree not scaling the 9K to the High 6-A feat because we have multiple statements that lead it to scale but I guess we have our own opinions about what being the strongest weapon in the UAC really means.

Slayer is not 8-A, he's way higher than that. But stuff like Cyberdemons and Spider Masterminds can be 8-A.

I also, kind of, disagree with the BFG 9K not being scaled to the BFG 10K.

Going by textbook definition, magnification means to 'maximize the importance or effect of something'. Isn't it better to assume that the BFG 10K only acts as a mechanism which brings out the maximum potential of the BFG 9K?

Just a side note, Samuel Hayden also says that the BFG 9K is the power source of the 10K.

Couldn't it have something along the lines of "8-A normally, up to High 6-A at full potential"

that seems like it would fit the best. With this it cant be mistaken that some demons are tanking High 6-A blasts when they clearly aren't. But under certain circumstances the gun can produce this amount of energy

Or just add another key for the 10k on the profile.

Why doesn't anyone scale the Executioner from the Icon of Sin? Also, the Icon was meant to be equal to the executioner and was killed by him, Hayden said << and then two titans met >>. The Icon of Sin, tough, not some kind of cyberdemon or Titan, he is a being of a higher order, which distorts the measurement only by its presence. But the executioner fought with him and turned out to be more powerful

KieranH10 said:
that seems like it would fit the best. With this it cant be mistaken that some demons are tanking High 6-A blasts when they clearly aren't. But under certain circumstances the gun can produce this amount of energy

Or just add another key for the 10k on the profile.
I mean scaling is determined by the attacks they are able to take. So the tyrant, marauder, doom hunter, gladiator and archvile(?, I have not shot the archvile with the BFG so I don't know) would scale to the 9K. Because at the end of the day 9K is the energy source for the 10K and they didn't say anything about it being a Massive amp just it being a magnification. The proof is in the wording and it depends on how we interpret it.

I don't think the Archvile can take a direct shot from the BFG, I tried it a few times when playing and they died pretty consistently (I wasn't actively trying to test it though so they could have taken damage beforehand). I think the new Barons can take a shot from the BFG but may be falsely remembering. The Tyrant, Marauder, Doom Hunter, and Gladiators definitely can. So they'd scale to 8-A.

Anyway, it should be mentioned the Marauder's weapons seem to use similar magic/tech to the Crucible, so that's another thing in favor of them scaling to Slayer. It wouldn't be much by itself but it's a supporting thing.

Yeah until we get some numbers telling us how much of an amp the 10K gives the 9K(which I don't think is that much)I get that we can't scale it to the High 6-A feat.

BUT

The point of the BFG 9K powering the 10K is to give a subversive story telling element to the plot. The idea of there being a bigger badder weapon than the BFG 9K is to give us an expectation that the 9K is no longer the best weapon in the UAC and that it's the 10K's time to shine. It's why they give us the codex for the 10K before the 9K as well so they can prop it up as the best with out explicitly stating it, they want us to believe that it's the best now. Then we get the quote of the where the energy source of the 10K being in that sphere. -Side note-. The agent energy pool we see around the sphere would be coming from the said source, we have no reason to assume otherwise. Then when the sphere opens we realize, Oh!, it was the 9K doing all the work for the 10 K the whole time, expectations subverted. This is reinforced upon the fact that they explicitly state that the BFG 9K is the strongest weapon ever produced by the UAC, not the BFG 10K.

Oh, another thing, there's another Glory Kill where the Slayer takes away his axe and kills him with it, and even though he does so rapidly, he grabs with both hands, while the Marauder only uses one, which again isn't much by itself but it could imply the Slayer knows he can't do that effortlessly and there's still a brief struggle (barely).

The Marauder also survives a blow or two before the finishing one from many other Glory Kills https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm5rlrdNq6I

Edit: I've watched all Glory Kills and the Slayer basically never uses both hands to overpower demons, and though some survive blows from him, those are clearly blows meant to set them up for a kill, while the Marauder almost manages to defend himself (in the backstab one).

I mean the bfg10k is not just a giant canonn it also had a whole planetoid that was designed to prevent demons from entering, it could be said that the energy tanks that are in the room of the bfg 9k can also be for the whole station and how It is the safest place that is why they decided to install the 10k bfg there, well that is speculation but does it make sense to believe?

Why is there still an argument here? It literally says that the BFG 10k does its attack via a reaction caused by the BFG 9k, there is nothing to scale here.

Armorchompy said:
Oh, another thing, there's another Glory Kill where the Slayer takes away his axe and kills him with it, and even though he does so rapidly, he grabs with both hands, while the Marauder only uses one, which again isn't much by itself but it could imply the Slayer knows he can't do that effortlessly and there's still a brief struggle (barely).
The Marauder also survives a blow or two before the finishing one from many other Glory Kills https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm5rlrdNq6I

Edit: I've watched all Glory Kills and the Slayer basically never uses both hands to overpower demons, and though some survive blows from him, those are clearly blows meant to set them up for a kill, while the Marauder almost manages to defend himself (in the backstab one).
That could very well just be the way he holds those types of weapons. Because, in many instances he holds the crucible with two hands but in some he holds it in one.

For the record I am also strongly against the BFG 9K being High 6-A in any way i'm just offering alternatives.

I know but I'm saying that even the BFG 10K is also on a city-sized base (I think) so the energy tanks could also be for the entire base but also for the bfg 10k but a part of the Energy could be provided by the bfg 9k gives the BFG 10k a significant but not quantifiable percentage

Again, it doesn't matter. The energy used is to create a reaction, its not scalable in any way.

I'm also against the 9k scaling to the 10k, though I wish it did.

Intruvious said:
Armorchompy said:

That could very well just be the way he holds those types of weapons. Because, in many instances he holds the crucible with two hands but in some he holds it in one.
Yeah, it could. Still, it's something, I think that with these glory kills they were definitely trying to make it look like the Marauder was on the same playing field as the Doomer.

SomebodyData said:
Again, it doesn't matter. The energy used is to create a reaction, its not scalable in any way.
I know I am not against the 9k bfg escalating to 10k that would be ridiculous, I am just saying that the energy in the tanks could be for both the chain reaction and the base, since it is a extraction base of enegia argent so they must store the energy somewhere or not?

I feel like what we should be focusing on was Icon of Sin's feat

Reality warping usually doesn't scale to physicality, I was under that impression anyway, but it's easily the biggest thing in the entire game and at the very least *I* want to know what people think about that

I don't think it scales to his physicals, personally, but I'm neutral towards it doing so.

I believe the storm on the Urdak and on Earth are something worth looking into. The storms only appeared after the Icon of Sin awakens I believe. I think the Khan Makyr's orb thing exploding and causing the sky to change and more lightning to appear is something worth looking into aswell.

yeah never thought about the storms, but they should be worth checking. I don't believe the Icons effects should scale to his other stats as he doesn't shown anything on that level other than his statements I believe.

DTG499 said:
SomebodyData said:
A reaction caused by the BFG 9K
He's unnecessarily presuming that as a fact, and also contradicting himself at the same time.

There's literally no definitive information on the containers which would indicate that it's being used to aid the BFG 9K (or the 10K). At least, not regarding the attack-power. It might be possible that it's fuel for the 9K, though.

Also, to be clear, I am not really in support of the 9K being scaled to 10K. It's just something I would like to see.

You'd probably have an easier time scaling Doomguy himself, physically, to the 10k because of that one statement.

As for the Icon, I dunno. I can see it scaling to him physically, and thus likely Doomguy. It's not too inconsistent with what we know of Hell and the various pieces of lore surrounding Doomguy, and we do know that lore is canon to Doom.

Or maybe I'm just thirsty for universal Doomguy lol.

I want it to, but it seems to me that the Codex states that BFG 9K was magnified by a ring array.

Dr. Samuel Hayden recently deployed the weapon to Phobos, where it served as the inspirational linchpin for the development of the BFG-10000 defense station. When mounted inside the station's magnifying array, the BFG can be fired into a series of reactive lensing rings; these rings pump a constant stream of gaseous Argent through the barrel, which ignites in reaction to the electrified plasma, producing a tremendous energy wave powerful enough to crack the surface of a planet.
Also, I guess he gets Social Influencing for his interactions with humans.

An excerpt from my comment up above: Going by textbook definition, magnification means to 'maximize the importance or effect of something'

Is it really Social Influencing? He just did it via being really strong and saving their asses, basically every hero does that

Back