• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread

Yeah we were kinda having an argument over that on the other thread, about whether we should use the 10k output for 9k.

Whoops. Accidentally clicked on my mass cell instead of my volume cell for the formula. Should be good now. It's High 6-A.

At least High 6-A, likely Low 5-B?

And we really will have to come to a consensus on the whole BFG 9000 = 10000 stuff. Some say it was an amp he can't normally access and others say it just increased the range.

All that I know is that the energy source for BFG 10K is the BFG 9K. I don't recall them saying anything about it amplifying BFG 9K.

So we have 2 statements here. "The BFG 9000 still remains the most powerful weapon ever designed by the UAC" And "BFG 10000 —magnification array" I guess going to depend how we interpret magnification.

We also have Hayden calling the 9k the power source for the 10k, and the cutscene of firing it. I think 10k had a codex, but am not sure.

Let me link the old thread real quick, we had some arguments over it there. I'm of the opinion that we should scale 9k to 10k.

Also if the gaseous argent energy was doing most of the work like the other people are implying, why would they need the BFG 9K as the main energy source?

DTG499 said:
Alright so here it is
FCA1D2C2-6E7C-4851-8627-8CDC14FFF593
This literally states that the energy the 10K produce is a Reaction that was caused by the BFG + the argent ring barrel of the BFG10K meaning its not something the 9K can produce on it's own.

Remember this is the codex entry for the BFG 9K not 10K. They said the BFG 9K is the strongest weapon in the UAC not the BFG 10K

DTG499 said:
It didn't say it's something it couldn't produce on its own.
It doesn't need to when it tells us the combination of the 10K barrel and the 9K is what creates the energy to crack mars, not that the 9K itself is able to do so by itself.

It doesn't need to when it tells us the combination of the 10K barrel and the 9K is what creates the energy to crack mars, not that the 9K itself is able to do so by itself.

It's defiantly doing most of the work, if it wasn't they wouldn't need it as an energy source.

DTG499 said:
It's defiantly doing most of the work, if it wasn't they wouldn't need it as an energy source.
If it was capable of doing all of that damage by itself then it wouldn't need to be in a magnification array filled with outside argent energy and cause a "reaction". They don't scale to each other.

The magnification is used to increase the range and speed of the projectile. Again the quote is that the BFG 9000 is still the strongest weapon in the UAC

No where is it stated the magnification is for range and in fact, the description makes it clear that its for destruction which is why they attribute the barrel + 9K's energy reaction to be the cause of the planet cracking destruction, not range.

Pretty sure said energy wave's AP isn't being amplified though. It's only causing a reaction meant to increase how big the blast from the BFG will be. It builds pressure from the gasses, and then the sparks set off a chemical reaction that enables the BFG-9000's energies to be distributed on a wider AoE scale, which is something implied by the magnification shit.

It causes a reaction, but seeing as how the BFG-9000 is supplying the power and all the cannon (10000) is doing is manipulating those energies into producing a reaction of elements in order to create a tremendous energy wave (i.e. the range of these energies), I think we can somewhat scale the 9000 off of the 10000's shown output.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Pretty sure said energy wave's AP isn't being amplified though. It's only causing a reaction meant to increase how big the blast from the BFG will be. It builds pressure from the gasses, and then the sparks set off a chemical reaction that enables the BFG-9000's energies to be distributed on a wider AoE scale, which is something implied by the magnification shit.
It causes a reaction, but seeing as how the BFG-9000 is supplying the power and all the cannon (10000) is doing is manipulating those energies into producing a reaction of elements in order to create a tremendous energy wave (i.e. the range of these energies), I think we can somewhat scale the 9000 off of the 10000's shown output.
This is wrong as evident by the fact that you can see the entire machine is ran on argent energy that is not only from the BFG 9k going by the cutscenes.

Dienomite22 said:
No where is it stated the magnification is for range and in fact, the description makes it clear that its for destruction which is why they attribute the barrel + 9K's energy reaction to be the cause of the planet cracking destruction, not range.
No, this is all under the 9K's codex, this is a description for the 9K. Also answer me about this, if you are proposing that the 10K is stronger then why did they state that the 9K is the strongest weapon in the UAC?

DTG499 said:
No, this is all under the 9K's codex, this is a description for the 9K. Also answer me about this, if you are proposing that the 10K is stronger then why did they state that the 9K is the strongest weapon in the UAC?
Quote where it states the 10K is for range if the description states it because I quote where it states the 9K and 10K together causes an energy reaction that is capable of cracking a planet. 9K being called the strongest weapon isn't literal.

DTG499 said:
The 9K is stated to be the energy source, so the argent we see is coming from the 9K
The game literally shows you that the 10K has a massive pool of argent energy not connected to the 9K right underneath it and tells you the 10K's barrel is has rings that are constantly pumped with argent energy gas.

Quote where it states the 10K is for range if the description states it because I quote where it states the 9K and 10K together causes an energy reaction that is capable of cracking a planet. 9K being called a the strongest weapon isn't literal.

What? Why would that not be a literal statement? The 9K is the energy source for the 10K so it would make it the strongest.

But the official Codex states all it does is cause a reaction that creates a tremendous wave of the BFG-9000's energy. I don't care how much Argent Energy is needed to ******* make the cannon function. Hell, the codex seems to imply the argent energy is used as a gaseous state to induce said reaction from the electric plasma rather than amplifying the energies within the shot itself.

Think of it like one explosion going off in a highly combustible space. The explosion is the main source of energy but the ability to spread throughout a space enables the range to effectively increase and maximise the damage dealt through AoE.

But whatever. I can see why it seems iffy.

Even if it was an amp, though, that's a hell of a jump from Tier 7 to Tier 5. Besides, the BFG isn't the main feat. There's still speed upgrades and more Tier 7 and maybe Tier 6 stuff to discern.

The game literally shows you that the 10K has a massive pool of argent energy not connected to the 9K right underneath it and tells you the 10K's barrel is has rings that are constantly pumped with argent energy gas.

They never said it wasn't connected by the BFG 9K

DTG499 said:
What? Why would that not be a literal statement? The 9K is the energy source for the 10K so it would make it the strongest.
Because the BFG is known as the strongest handheld weapon in DOOM that is only comparable to the Unmakyr

Foxthefox1000 said:
But the official Codex states all it does is cause a reaction that creates a tremendous wave of the BFG-9000's energy. I don't care how much Argent Energy is needed to ******* make the cannon function. Hell, the codex seems to imply the argent energy is used as a gaseous state to induce said reaction from the electric plasma rather than amplifying the energies within the shot itself.
Think of it like one explosion going off in a highly combustible space. The explosion is the main source of energy but the ability to spread throughout a space enables the range to effectively increase and maximise the damage dealt through AoE.

But whatever. I can see why it seems iffy.
That means it is using outside energy to produce a result it can't normally do by itself which means they don't scale to each other

DTG499 said:
They never said it wasn't connected by the BFG 9K
Ok, so an outside pool of argent energy that the BFG normally has no access to is connected to it. Which means the 9K doesn't scale to the 10K.

That means it is using outside energy to produce a result it can't normally do by itself which means they don't scale to each other

No, all the argent energy we see is coming from the BFG 9K. They stated that BFG 9K is the energy source for the BFG 10K

The AP can tho. It can't bust the damn crust because it doesn't have the range normally.

Also semi-related:

"Decoded Entry 002 Argent Energy is produced by neutron activation of Argent plasma, a new and powerful substance that was discovered on Mars. This produces an exothermic reaction where recorded temperatures within the plasma have exceeded previously accepted theoretical limits. Through a process not yet fully understood, Argent plasma remains stable and self-contained throughout. Conventional nuclear power is obsolete. What used to take a nuclear reactor 12 months to produce can be generated in a few seconds by the Argent Tower and packaged into an Argent Accumulator no larger than Samuel Hayden's hand."

Probably already a thing, but more support for Tier 7.

I swear I saw a large amount of argent energy right below the BFG 10k, but might need to check.

DTG499 said:
No, all the argent energy we see is coming from the BFG 9K. They stated that BFG 9K is the energy source for the BFG 10K
Okay, so all of this argent energy that is conviently right beneath the 10K is just for show and the 9K is doing all the work despite that being compelely illogical if the UAC can produce that much energy with just the cartridge of ammo the BFG uses.

There is. But the codex only says they pump gaseous argent energy into the rings. These gases then cause a reaction when introduced to the plasma from one of the BFG-9000's shots that cause the energu to be produced in a large wave that can bust the surface of a planet.

Foxthefox1000 said:
There is. But the codex only says they pump gaseous argent energy into the rings. These gases then cause a reaction when introduced to the plasma from one of the BFG-9000's shots that cause the energu to be produced in a large wave that can bust the surface of a planet.
No, it explicitly says the energy produced by the 10K's reaction is powerful enough to crack the planet.

Okay, so all of this argent energy that is conviently right beneath the 10K is just for show and the 9K is doing all the work despite that being compelely illogical if the UAC can produce that much energy with just the cartridge of ammo the BFG uses.

It's ******* DOOM most of the shit that goes on is illogical. All of doomguy's weapons are far far below his own physical tier but he uses them anyway. They have an AI on the intercom that lets the demons know when doomguy is coming.

Back