• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GIGANTIC DOOM REVISION BAM BAM BAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShionAH

He/Him
Abilities
With Equipment
Resistances
Additions

Agree: 1 (@Dragonite007)
Disagree:

Last edited:
Surely this is a form of speak, like "I will remove you from this World" and just killing them
I thought this was because there was always a portal where he travels, so Neutral

Neutral
No sure, he has more stamina because he drains demon's strength
this is like a side effect Slayer killing demons, imagine that I kill millions of people and be virtually indestructible to any weapon, the others will be afraid of me

Is multiplayer canon?

Surely this is a form of speak, like "I will remove you from this World" and just killing them
Not sure. Demons can send foes to hell after killing them so its not a scretch
I thought this was because there was always a portal where he travels, so Neutral
Maybe.
No sure, he has more stamina because he drains demon's strength
He should still be supeiror to demons tbh
This is like a side effect Slayer killing demons, imagine that I kill millions of people and be virtually indestructible to any weapon, the others will be afraid of me
"It should be noted simply terrorizing the opponent either by authority, strength or demeanour only would qualify as Social Influencing, as Fear Manipulation would allow the user to inflict fear regardless of these factors."
Is multiplayer canon?
I dont see why not.

Abilities
  • For Classic Doom Key
    • Soul Absorption via (Soul Spheres)
    • Night Vision via Light Amplification Visors
  • Vehicular Mastery (He could operate various UAC machines as soon as he got in them, and he could use a revenant skillfully after possessing it)
    • Seems okay
  • Possibly Abstract Existence (Type 2; He is the right hand of doom itself, he's the god of it; he is doom)
    • This is more poetic than literal, given the context.
  • Enhanced Senses (He picked up on every demon in a room without having to see them. He can hear demons' telepathic messages to each other)
    • Seems okay.
  • BFR (When he kills others he banishes them to the void.)
    • "With sword and shield of adamantine strength, the Doom Slayer set to banishing all that were left unbroken by his savagery to the void."
    • Not sure if the cause of this banishment to the void is the demon death in general or specifically death by the Slayer.
  • Dimensional Travel (He's fought through time and other worlds)
    • On his own or via tech?
    • I'm not sure how he went from hell to Argent Dnur.
  • Invulnerability Negation and Immortality (Type 5) Negation (He can harm and kill Maykrs, who are invulnerable due to their flesh being unbound by mortality)
    • "These were beings unlike any we had seen before, sword and shield held no weight against them, for the ethereal flesh of these luminous beings seemed unbound by mortality."
      • Invulnerability Negation seems okay since he can kill them without anything special.
    • Deathless Immortality: Characters who exist unbound by conventional life or death, or do not exist at all, and thus cannot be traditionally killed. Typically, abilities such as Existence Erasure are needed to destroy them.
      • I could suggest Type 2: Resilient Immortality: Characters with this degree of immortality can indefinitely survive injuries that would otherwise be lethal to a normal person, without needing to heal. This type of immortality can have different levels of effectiveness and can be bypassed, for example, by causing extremely severe wounds or the complete destruction of the body or specific parts of it, such as the head, etc.
      • I would also suggest Immortality Type 4 via reincarnation or resurrection from Father for the Maykrs
  • Stamina becomes Infinite: (He's more vicious than demons, which have endless aggression and never get tired.
    • His stamina being comparable to the demons at Infinite/limitless seems okay.
  • Blood Manipulation, Vibration Manipulation (He fuels his Blood Punch by killing demons, then uses it to create a shockwave that tears through them)
    • The manipulation of the blood as a source of energy - can transform the blood into energy, replenishing their strength at the expense of other living beings. Usual vampire's ability.
      • Seems okay.
    • Vibration Manipulation is the ability to spontaneously create, manipulate, or otherwise utilize vibrations of any intensity in combat. This ability appears most frequently as an offensive attack, unsettling the ground beneath the target or sending destructive shockwaves to pummel foes.
      • Seems okay.
  • Social Influencing (He consistently instills fear within all of the demons.)
    • His charisma and influence of intimidating demons and humans seem okay.
With Equipment
Resistances
Additions
On a side note, we need to remove "Most of his weapons are far below his own physical tier" since Doom Slayer is able to empower his weapons for Weapon Amplification

Last edited:
I agree which is why I wrote possibly
  • BFR (When he kills others he banishes them to the void.)
    • "With sword and shield of adamantine strength, the Doom Slayer set to banishing all that were left unbroken by his savagery to the void."
    • Not sure if the cause of this banishment to the void is the demon death in general or specifically death by the Slayer.
Probably from the slayer tbh.
Its unknown but for other characters we would just take it as normal dimensional travel
  • Invulnerability Negation and Immortality (Type 5) Negation (He can harm and kill Maykrs, who are invulnerable due to their flesh being unbound by mortality)
    • "These were beings unlike any we had seen before, sword and shield held no weight against them, for the ethereal flesh of these luminous beings seemed unbound by mortality."
      • Invulnerability Negation seems okay since he can kill them without anything special.
    • Deathless Immortality: Characters who exist unbound by conventional life or death, or do not exist at all, and thus cannot be traditionally killed. Typically, abilities such as Existence Erasure are needed to destroy them.
      • I could suggest Type 2: Resilient Immortality: Characters with this degree of immortality can indefinitely survive injuries that would otherwise be lethal to a normal person, without needing to heal. This type of immortality can have different levels of effectiveness and can be bypassed, for example, by causing extremely severe wounds or the complete destruction of the body or specific parts of it, such as the head, etc.
      • I would also suggest Immortality Type 4 via reincarnation or resurrection from Father for the Maykrs
I kinda disagree because being unbound by mortality fits Type 5 way more than the others
I mean what else causes them? I feel like saying Vega does them to train slayer further makes sense
True.
I dont understand what you mean. Sonic also has fate manipulation for having a similar thing
I am not suggesting Doomguy manipulates fate I am saying he has a passive fate that overwrites his opponents so he wins basically having a supernatural fate is also good enough to qualify
  • Immortality (Type 8, Due to the eternal struggle between good and evil, there will always be demons and the Slayer, To the demons, he always has come, and always will.)
    • Reliant Immortality: The character gets benefited by 1 or more other types of Immortality as long as a certain being, object, place, and/or concept or more may grant them those benefits, losing them otherwise. What exactly a user is reliant over, the benefits given from it, and how the process of the ability operates must be explained. Simply having some weakness that will kill a character when exploited doesn't qualify if it doesn't grant a form of Immortality, and also having other powers that do grant Immortality but are unrelated to that weakness does not count as well. It is discouraged to list this type if it would be redundant due to the same power already being described in another ability of the profile.
    • I suppose you could say this about the connection between Doomguy and Davoth. It's only after Davoth and the Demons die that Doomguy faints.
Doomslayer lives on as long as evil/demons exists so yeah
I will search it
Maybe
So what do you suggest?
Why? (Its resistance to information analysis)
Oh
Hmm why not?
Sure we can add anything that can further prove
  • Give him busted AD since he went from Tier 7 to Tier 1 in a near instant.
    • I can agree his Rate of Accel Dev is far higher than before to reach his DLC status.
Yep.
On a side note, we need to remove "Most of his weapons are far below his own physical tier" since Doom Slayer is able to empower his weapons for Weapon Amplification
Agreed.

All of this was taken from this CSaP profile, word for word, and with the same scans.

Edit: This CSaP profile, funnily enough, also stole from a DebatesJungle user named Truth Bullets.

Last edited:
That aside, I think these additions are okay to add. Although, to add my own argument;

Invulnerability Negation and Immortality (Type 5) Negation (He can harm and kill Maykrs, who are invulnerable due to their flesh being unbound by mortality)
I think this argument for type 5 Immortality can be extrapolated to Davoth and the Slayer. Considering the Maykr's immortality is their attempt at replicating Davoth's immortality, which was the very reason he made them in the first place. Doomguy became immortal after going through the Divinity Machine (We don't see him age and whatnot at all after this), getting a shard of Davoth's power inside him.

That aside, I think these additions are okay to add. Although, to add my own argument;

I think this argument for type 5 Immortality can be extrapolated to Davoth and the Slayer. Considering the Maykr's immortality is their attempt at replicating Davoth's immortality, which was the very reason he made them in the first place. Doomguy became immortal after going through the Divinity Machine (We don't see him age and whatnot at all after this), getting a shard of Davoth's power inside him.
@Firestorm808 kinda debunked Immortality 5 on discord because “unbound by mortality” meant invulnerability in this context I think. I just forgot to remove it though if you can argue against it we can get juicy immortality

Well, the only Maykr that we know of to solidly have Invulnerability is the Khan Maykr (Because of the orb in her chest, not because she is a Maykr, so the others wouldn't compare). Alongside that, Maykr Drones, which is like the average Maykr and build up most of Urdak's population, aren't invulnerable, since they can be damaged by crossing dimensions.
Ooh alright then I agree actually.
So Type 5 neg for DG and then Immortality for both DG and Davoth? Or would we change DGs AD to RE since he develops an ability

I mean what else causes them? I feel like saying Vega does them to train slayer further makes sense
We have the dialogue of Vega issuing the level challenges, but what is said about Rune Trials?

It's more like the Green Stone Rune makes it rather than Vega.

Mostly agree with everything here, just a few opinions on some of the additions though

1. Possible Abstract Existence: a bit iffy since it seems more fluff than an actual ability for the character. Still, you already pointed out the possibility so I wouldn't object if added.
  2. Gravity Manipulation seems to be more regarding the game mechanics and improbability of how they operate within the game itself, rather than something Doomguy can manipulate.
  3. BFR I'm 50/50 on, the text seems to imply it is something that Doomguy himself is causing, but in context it could be a "He's gonna send them to oblivion" instead of directly sending them the void through power alone. Not going to object if added.
  4. Also, not really sure on Quake scaling, its canon to the new Doom games at least is questionable, though Quake Champions does have direct ties to the new Doom games in some of its lore. May need to do more research on that.

Completely agree with this, don't know why its still on his page since Hugo already confirmed his weapons scale.

@Jared1111 @DarkDragonMedeus

Now that I think about it, can we say that Doom Slayer gets a permanent 4x power up with every quad damage. It affects guns and the body.

Doom Slayer absorbs the UI-Thranx demons power, not hosts them. It's temporary for normal humans because they become temporary hosts.

Hugo says that the 4x multiplier stacks with each one lore-wise. It's just game design that makes it temporary for the Slayer.

Last edited:
Yep that sounds right, like mentioned in the stream the lore outweighs the gameplay mechanics, which exist to make the game not a cakewalk.

Yep that sounds right, like mentioned in the stream the lore outweighs the gameplay mechanics, which exist to make the game not a cakewalk.
In Doom 2016, Doom Slayer gets his hands on 11 Quad Damages.

4 in Eternal Story

Last edited:
We have the dialogue of Vega issuing the level challenges, but what is said about Rune Trials?

It's more like the Green Stone Rune makes it rather than Vega.
Idk story wise it makes sense for Vega to train slayer. I will wait for more opinions though
Mostly agree with everything here, just a few opinions on some of the additions though

1. Possible Abstract Existence: a bit iffy since it seems more fluff than an actual ability for the character. Still, you already pointed out the possibility so I wouldn't object if added.
It is iffy but after you look at what the Immortality 8 says it makes sense
  1. Gravity Manipulation seems to be more regarding the game mechanics and improbability of how they operate within the game itself, rather than something Doomguy can manipulate.
Its meant to be a resistance but fair
  1. BFR I'm 50/50 on, the text seems to imply it is something that Doomguy himself is causing, but in context it could be a "He's gonna send them to oblivion" instead of directly sending them the void through power alone. Not going to object if added.
I mean Demons also can send foes to hell so it actually you know fits the context

Firestorm pretty sums up my opinions tbh. I would rather the Slayer have limited Vehicular Mastery since we don't really see him have lots of experience in piloting/driving anything

Idk story wise it makes sense for Vega to train slayer. I will wait for more opinions though
I'm indifferent
It is iffy but after you look at what the Immortality 8 says it makes sense
I agree, Type 8 seems to fit pretty well here given the explanation
Its meant to be a resistance but fair
Honestly, now that I think about its not out of the realm of possibility since he also seems able to tether himself to the ground even in the older games, even in places like Phobos despite how its basically impossible it is to move around without spinning into space (this includes areas in which he's outdoors and moving extremely fast and I don't ever remember them saying anything about changing the gravity in the original Doom games)

So my opinion is that its still a possibility
I mean Demons also can send foes to hell so it actually you know fits the context
TBF, in the later Doom games the demons do in fact disappear when dead after they are defeated, so I'm not gonna appose the addition

Even then it shouldn't matter, since through Doomguys other means of dimensional transportation he should already be capable of BFR.

I'm indifferent
Maybe a possibly?
I agree, Type 8 seems to fit pretty well here given the explanation
Yep. AE2 and Immo 8 seem to fit eachother
Honestly, now that I think about its not out of the realm of possibility since he also seems able to tether himself to the ground even in the older games, even in places like Phobos despite how its basically impossible it is to move around without spinning into space (this includes areas in which he's outdoors and moving extremely fast and I don't ever remember them saying anything about changing the gravity in the original Doom games)
I will wait for @Firestorm808 opinion on this
TBF, in the later Doom games the demons do in fact disappear when dead after they are defeated, so I'm not gonna appose the addition

Even then it shouldn't matter, since through Doomguys other means of dimensional transportation he should already be capable of BFR.
It actually matters a lot lol. This makes it so Doomguy basically says **** you to any kind of regeneration or immortality

Maybe a possibly?
Possibly seems fine, though I need to read up on the lore again on that subject to have a definitive answer so I'll get back to you on it
Yep. AE2 and Immo 8 seem to fit eachother
If you can get Firestorm and the others to agree with AE2 I'd be fore it, but I definitely think Immo 8 is reasonable.
I will wait for @Firestorm808 opinion on this\
Double-checked the manual for both games and not once is it mentioned that they either changed the gravity of the moon innately or they even introduced an atmosphere to Deimos or Phobos.

In fact, the manual of the first game even says "you're the toughest marine to ever suck vacuum" in response to the first game's plot, and in areas where Doomguy is clearly out on the vacuum of space his controls nor gravity seems to change from when he's on Phobos vs. Earth. He always moves the same between games.

Even concept art for Phobos in the original games shows it is pretty barren. I know we already have Doomguys resistance to lack of atmosphere, but with how little gravity there really is on Phobos, and the fact in any environment in the original games (Earth, Phobos, Space) he doesn't seem to be affected . So at least for the first games, he seems to have some sort of resistance to lower gravity
It actually matters a lot lol. This makes it so Doomguy basically says **** you to any kind of regeneration or immortality
Looking into the context of the quote again, it really can be interpreted as some sort of boast. However, its not like it's out of the question that he can send people to other dimensions or the void. Plus, with how the demons are so proficient as BFR already (they literally teleport the entirety of Deimos to Hell in the first game almost instantly) I don't think it's that ridiculous to say Doomguy would be able to pack the same sort of power or at least have access to it.

I'm basically being pedantic over the quote is what I'm saying.

Possibly seems fine, though I need to read up on the lore again on that subject to have a definitive answer so I'll get back to you on it

If you can get Firestorm and the others to agree with AE2 I'd be fore it, but I definitely think Immo 8 is reasonable.

Double-checked the manual for both games and not once is it mentioned that they either changed the gravity of the moon innately or they even introduced an atmosphere to Deimos or Phobos.

In fact, the manual of the first game even says "you're the toughest marine to ever suck vacuum" in response to the first game's plot, and in areas where Doomguy is clearly out on the vacuum of space his controls nor gravity seems to change from when he's on Phobos vs. Earth. He always moves the same between games.

Even concept art for Phobos in the original games shows it is pretty barren. I know we already have Doomguys resistance to lack of atmosphere, but with how little gravity there really is on Phobos, and the fact in any environment in the original games (Earth, Phobos, Space) he doesn't seem to be affected . So at least for the first games, he seems to have some sort of resistance to lower gravity

Looking into the context of the quote again, it really can be interpreted as some sort of boast. However, its not like it's out of the question that he can send people to other dimensions or the void. Plus, with how the demons are so proficient as BFR already (they literally teleport the entirety of Deimos to Hell in the first game almost instantly) I don't think it's that ridiculous to say Doomguy would be able to pack the same sort of power or at least have access to it.

I'm basically being pedantic over the quote is what I'm saying.
I agree with your claims. Lets see what Firestorm thinks about AE 2

Will comment on the other hax soon.

Scaling the 11 stacking Quad Damage boosts from the Argent Tower Explosion feat, we get about a 6-C Endgame 2016 rating. What do you guys think?

Scaling the 11 stacking Quad Damage boosts from the Argent Tower Explosion feat, we get about a 6-C Endgame 2016 rating. What do you guys think?
No problem here, if anything I’ve seen some arguments for at least a High 6-A Eternal Doomslayer so that fits perfectly with that scaling, but that’s for another thread

This is accepted now. I will add it tomorrow

Opinion on AE2? It fits with Immo 8

I do not like assuming that Quad Damage = 4x energy output.

Maybe? Even in the recent entries in orbit of Mars, Doom Slayer has his own gravity compared to everything around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back