• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it and the replies seem to be bullshit, like they were taking each quote as weak as possible to downplay the verse. "Urdak is inaccessible to lower dimensions: Uh it means humans are weak! Nothign else!"

Like holy damn what is this 😭
This is just following the Tiering FAQ. Dimensional/Transcendence/Higher Plane statements are empty without some characteristic demonstrating a larger size.

That's what I did with Hell being just a small part of Davoth.

I still always have problem with people taking the statement so literally that they believe Hell is a small part of Davoth while nothing suggested that way. And why Hell has BDE anyway, based on what statement??

This is just following the Tiering FAQ. Dimensional/Transcendence/Higher Plane statements are empty without some characteristic demonstrating a larger size.

That's what I did with Hell being just a small part of Davoth.
Higher plane of existence can actually be used since its not vague at all. The only way you can use it is as dimensional which in this case shows its in the 5 dimension plus the fact it is the superior realm shows its HD. We dont need actual scans showing hell is bigger if it is stated to be so

By the way Firestorm why does Doomguy not have Fate hax?
So? I still think its wrong.
I still always have problem with people taking the statement so literally that they believe Hell is a small part of Davoth while nothing suggested that way. And why Hell has BDE anyway, based on what statement??
You contradict yourself 😭

I dunno "transcending space and time" and "unlimited by boundaries of space, time, or dimensions" seem pretty text book BDE to me.

Yeah, go ahead. And Planck already pinged quite a few staff earlier and don't want them to feel like it's redundant.

I'm fine with the speed thing for the Khan Maykr but as I made clear to others who ask me to evaluate stuff like this, I'm not discussing Higher Dimensional/Tier 1 until further notice.

In summary, I can see the merit of Hell being Low 1-C.

@DarkDragonMedeus Your thoughts?

Last edited:
In summary, I can see the possibility of Hell being Low 1-C.

@DarkDragonMedeus Your thoughts?
Seems reasonable, but isn't Hell already Low 1-C or was that never applied? Been a while since I last looked at the page.

Really? Can you quote the rule
"In cases where the series verse has a significant following or a large amount of material has been published based on its content, it may be necessary to seek approval from a minimum of three staff members to ensure that all relevant parties are aware of and agree with the proposed revisions."

"For content revisions that affect Tier 2 or higher, the participation of at least one Administrator in the review and approval process is required."

"The review and approval of content revisions that affect tiers 1 and 0 or that are highly controversial should be conducted by a larger number of staff members in order to ensure that all relevant parties are aware of and agree with the proposed changes."

"In cases where the series verse has a significant following or a large amount of material has been published based on its content, it may be necessary to seek approval from a minimum of three staff members to ensure that all relevant parties are aware of and agree with the proposed revisions."

"For content revisions that affect Tier 2 or higher, the participation of at least one Administrator in the review and approval process is required."

"The review and approval of content revisions that affect tiers 1 and 0 or that are highly controversial should be conducted by a larger number of staff members in order to ensure that all relevant parties are aware of and agree with the proposed changes."
Can you ping some staff then? So we can end this

He never said that DOOM 3 doesn't exists within the wider iD multiverse, it just that it isn't the same Doomguy as we currently know. DOOM 3 is canon because it has its own canon...

Hugo's answer on the stream is corroborated by the lore books, with a multiverse of Doomguys.

The interview question asked if Doom 3 is on the same timeline as Eternal.

Doom 3 is a different timeline Doomguy.
Can you call staff? I assume DDM agrees since he said he agrees with your view which is agreement

Doom 3 completely contradicts the rules of the world according to which the Lore of the new Doom works. In Doom 3, people can safely move between worlds, although in the new canon they do not tolerate the load and die during teleportation (in the board game it is said that this is because a mortal soul cannot leave Hell). In Doom 3, people descended from Martians, but in the new lore, people and Earthly Realms created Maykrs, which Hugo also wrote about. There are many more such inconsistencies, for example, in the ArtBook Doom 3 it is said that the Guardian of Hell is a demon who represented Dinosaurs on Earth and was like a demon for Lizards. However, in the new canon, we know that Demons are in no way connected with all Earthly realms.

@LephyrTheRevanchist

Can I have your thoughts on my breakdown below?
In summary, I can see the merit of Hell being Low 1-C.

Doom 3 completely contradicts the rules of the world according to which the Lore of the new Doom works. In Doom 3, people can safely move between worlds, although in the new canon they do not tolerate the load and die during teleportation (in the board game it is said that this is because a mortal soul cannot leave Hell). In Doom 3, people descended from Martians, but in the new lore, people and Earthly Realms created Maykrs, which Hugo also wrote about. There are many more such inconsistencies, for example, in the ArtBook Doom 3 it is said that the Guardian of Hell is a demon who represented Dinosaurs on Earth and was like a demon for Lizards. However, in the new canon, we know that Demons are in no way connected with all Earthly realms.
Is this really the place to talk about this?

In Doom 3, people descended from Martians, but in the new lore, people and Earthly Realms created Maykrs, which Hugo also wrote about.
One, it's only theorized, not confirmed. Also, when did it say the Maykrs created humanity?
There are many more such inconsistencies, for example, in the ArtBook Doom 3 it is said that the Guardian of Hell is a demon who represented Dinosaurs on Earth and was like a demon for Lizards. However, in the new canon, we know that Demons are in no way connected with all Earthly realms.
"The designers commented in the Making of Doom 3 book that the Guardian was created with the idea of a pre-human Hell during the prehistoric age, and it was something that dinosaurs feared."

Seems more about the artistic design inspiration. Also, Demons are made from anything with a soul.

Being called a higher plane should be enough to say its straight up 5D, now the 6D part is gonna be harder though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back