• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread

So when is the Icon's profile going to appear on the wiki?Will the doomslayer make it to 2-C via defeating him?Considering as the icon arrive he managed to change the entire atmosphere into a blue-ish landscape with storms and casually tearing a portal into another dimension will this qualify for 2-C?

Shouldn't demons get resistance to Soul Manip too since they're pretty much just humans after their soul has been taken and converted to Argent?

ThisThingisReallyBroken said:
So when is the Icon's profile going to appear on the wiki?Will the doomslayer make it to 2-C via defeating him?Considering as the icon arrive he managed to change the entire atmosphere into a blue-ish landscape with storms and casually tearing a portal into another dimension will this qualify for 2-C?
Considering we don't even have renders for like, all Doom Eternal monsters yet I'd say not for a while.

as for Universal doomguy I don't think the slayer will get anything like that for killing it. It looks like it's being made Reality Warping by what most people have said, so no physical abilities will likely scale unfortunately.

Icon of Sin would be Low 2-C via environmental destruction only, which wouldn't scale to his physical stats.

@Crabwhale

Well there's an Icon of Sin from the artbook that may potentially be used.

@ Kieran

Damn boi, DAUM BOI, DAUM BOI, THAT'S A THICC ASS BOI, DAUM

I don't think so, he's only used it once to our knowledge and had to pretty much break into the uac phobos base to get to it.

I've posted quotes fron the Codex that show that the UaC had nuclear-powered weaponry (in actuality it's said to be better than what a nuclear reactor can produce in a year).

Wouldn't THIS at least warrant an upgrade?

And we also still gotta agree to the relativistic upgrades.

I believe that the UaC would have tried nukes on the Titans, and that would have briefly put them down, but the crucible is the only thing that can permanently keep them down. So they technically survived due to resurrection or regen but not the actual blast.

If the relativistic upgrades are for the Marauder blocking the Microwave beam and such I fully agree with that.

What about the doomslayer being a universal constant

The urdak codex states the destroyer(the one blows urdak to hell) is always a constant in the ever changing timelines and dimensions foreseen by the father.It's heavily implied that the doomslayer is the destroyer of urdak.This is further proved with skins,the lore stating they are visual projections of the doomslayer from other timelines.This could mean the slayer is the destroyer with them having the consistency of appearing in many dimensions.Does this warrant anything?

The doomslayer being present in other timelines could potentially lead to some kind of Acausality, but I dunno which one, if any at all.

Is it implied, anywhere, that the Icon of Sin can survive the final outcome of His 'environmental destruction'? If yes, wouldn't it mean that his durability is Low 2-C?

I would assume that they would use the Icon of Sin to conquer other Universes afterward and not have to start over again and make a new one.

iirc the Icon brings the universe it inhabits into Hell, not destroying it, rather converting it into something that hell can use. So I don't see any tier 2 upgrades to the Icon's durability.

Looking into whether the Icon of Sin is capable of surviving his enviromental destruction is worth checking out, but it is of note that he can be damaged by weapons so this needs to be accounted for.

I think Acausality Type 1 fits, since the Maykrs found precognition/omniscience through infinite timelines/possibilities useless to stop or kill the Doom Slayer regardless of how many variables they change. If other Doom Slayers from other dimensions travel to each other's dimensions to help out, I think this is Type 3.

For social influencing, there is this scene where a guard claims that he is not afraid of the Doom Slayer and states that he can't wait until he confronts and stops him, but as soon as he sees him he immedietly backs off. Sounds like straight-forward social influencing.

Other misc abilities including Hacking with Vega (disabled BFG 10K's security protcol), and Information Analysis (Can detect weakpoints).

Also about the glory kills,it could be possible the doomslayer hits them multiple times to make them suffer.It does state that the doomslayer takes great pleasure in harming others,so it could be possible he wants to prolongs their pain for as long as possible before their head turns into gorey mush.

Yeah Type 1 for the Maykrs precog not working but I think that's it

That just sounds like an overconfident guard being terrified of the Slayer.

Hacking and Info analysis make sense.

Also what about the Demons getting resistance to soul manip that I brought up earlier? Hayden mentions that the demons that the slayer fights are just humans who's souls have been taken and converted to argent energy, this would mean every demon lacks a soul and therefor resist soul manip.

Being a universal constant doesn't have anything to do with tiering in this context him being a universal constant just means he's present in some form in every timeline.

We still don't have a definitive tier for the Icon so we cant use that yet either.

Samuel Hayden was yelling in the ear of the slayer that the Icon of Sin will destroy the universe repeatedly and within the game he has the power to destroy any demon in the arena.He most likely can insta-kill titans with that kind of power.

Let's breakdown on what we agree so far:

• Icon of Sin
    • Is more powerful than normal titans
      • "Born from the tortured spirit of the Betrayer's son, it was by Hell's unholy design that the Icon of Sin was given flesh. The fearsome Titan, forged from the essence of mortal suffering, once bore a human soul - a soul now transmogrified and entombed within the still beating heart of its former self."
    • Passively merging 2 universal space-times should be 2-C.
      • "The Icon's presence warps reality, damaging the implicate order of our dimension merely by existing within it. If allowed to remain unchecked it would lead to the total devastation of Earth, followed by a breakdown of spacetime around the planet. The resultant black hole will eventually drag our universe down, casting it into the mouth of Hell as conquest to be absorbed by the Dark Realm."

Acausality type 1 would apply if the Divinity Machine was actually looking into futures and timelines but since it just creates a bunch of really accurate predictions for possible futures, it doesn't apply as they are only predictions.

KieranH10 said:
iirc the Icon brings the universe it inhabits into Hell, not destroying it, rather converting it into something that hell can use. So I don't see any tier 2 upgrades to the Icon's durability.
"The Icon's presence warps reality, damaging the implicate order of our dimension merely by existing within it. If the Icon is allowed to remain unchecked it would lead to the total devastation of Earth, followed by a breakdown of spacetime around the planet. The resultant black hole will eventually drag our entire universe down, casting it into the mouth of Hell as conquest to be absorbed by the Dark Realm."

So, basically, He will destroy the Universe before it gets absorbed. Think of it as making a fruit juice; you grind it, and turn it into liquidy state, so that it's easier for you to consume it.

Also, this line should be given more heed: "damaging the implicate order of our dimension merely by existing within it"

Wasn't the icon of sin used against Argent D'nur? As stated in 2016? He could have done what he was doing to earth which explains how they absorbed it into hell.

Don't forget the crucible as well,wielding the power of the wraiths who when they came to existence made a giant crystal that pierced the planet Earth.

"The Cosmic spear cleft a hole through our lands,from pole to pole"

Another thing, wasn't it mentioned that the Doomslayer drew power from his fallen foes, or something?

Doesn't that mean he absorbed the powers of all the Titans he faced and, most importantly, the Icon of Sin?

If he's destroying the Universe before he merges them, then I see no problem with him being 2-C with reality warping/Black Holes, but I still don't think the slayer should scale to him as he isn't shown taking the power of this Black Hole, more the Icons physical attacks, which dont seem to be on this level.

While it's likely that the Icon will survive the destruction of the universe, I don't see him getting durability from this as it's pretty inconsistent that a 2-C being would even be noticing the 8-B weapons that are fired at it, let alone literally being blown to bits by them. I believe that the Icon surviving the destruction of universes is more of a resistance to it's own effects, which would give it resistance to Reality Warping, and Black Hole Creation.

Icon isn't merging 2 universal space-time constructs, he is casting one into another via a blackhole that absorbs our universe overtime.

Back