• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread

The reason is right there, the Gauss Cannon.

At least Hypersonic attack speed, likely higher with the Gauss Cannon

DeadButDreaming said:
The plasma rifle profile says the microwave beam is pure plasma energy so I don't think it's speed of light attack.
Also as a side note, the doomguy's profile says he has hypersonic attack speed but it doesn't say why. So why is he that fast in attack speed?
I checked the codex entry for the plasma rifle codex entry and it never mentions the microwave beam. It only says the rifle itself fires plasma, not any of the mods. Given that in that case the beam is clearly firing microwaves, I feel it probably is SoL attack speed.

He's referring to the Mod description, not the codex.

Microwave Beam

"Fire a concentrated beam of plasma energy that will lock down an enemy and cause them to explode on death."

I got this from Doom wiki

"Following a short spin-up time, fires a concentrated, short-ranged beam of plasma energy that locks onto and immobilizes an enemy as long as the beam is maintained; sufficient exposure to the beam will kill the enemy, causing it to explode and deal damage to others nearby. The explosion size is dependent on how large the slain enemy was."

Firestorm808 said:
The reason is right there, the Gauss Cannon.

At least Hypersonic attack speed, likely higher with the Gauss Cannon
But doesn't that imply that he is hypersonic without the Gauss cannon? Since it says he is hypersonic in attack speed, but even faster with his weapon.

Goddamnit.

Well, he still dodges lasers from Icon and can percieve things in slow motion which can probably be calculated given meteors, the laser, and electricity.

Firestorm808 said:
He's referring to the Mod description, not the codex.
Microwave Beam

"Fire a concentrated beam of plasma energy that will lock down an enemy and cause them to explode on death."
Huh, where's that description from?

I should reword the sentence in the profile.

The Gausse cannon has at least hypersonic, likely higher attack speed.

Firestorm808 said:
I should reword the sentence in the profile.

The Gausse cannon has at least hypersonic, likely higher attack speed.
What about the Ballista? Would it also be the same as the Gauss cannon since its very similar to the Gauss Cannon?

Foxthefox1000 said:
Goddamnit.

Well, he still dodges lasers from Icon and can percieve things in slow motion which can probably be calculated given meteors, the laser, and electricity.
To be honest I have not finished the game yet but, are you sure the icon is actually shooting lasers and not argent plasma or something? Does it specify in a codex entry?

Even if they aren't lasers there's still the meteors. Which from my under standing should be a minimum of mach 5 since they are on fire when coming down.

I feel Doom guy will end up getting at least hypersonic reaction speed. But I wonder if travel speed will be changed since he hasn't been seen outrunning his own rockets since the old Doom games.

I mean, it looks like a laser. But IIRC it does look like the Icon has glypgs around his head or something before using the attack. But I dunno. But there's also electricity in levels and if you have the perception time thing the electricty shoots out much slower and shit. But I'm aware that's still like Supersonic+ maybe Hypersonic if we push it. But yeah, meteors should at least be solid hypersonic (and the Icon still punches faster than they fall which is worth a calc just for experiment's sake)

Does anyone have the book that you get when you buy the Collector's edition of the game? There might be some extra lore in there.

Dunno if it's useful, but the Icon created a strong instanbility storm with his presence, apparently ? That's a 7-B feat which already upgrades him and Slayer in their current AP

I'm not sure if Hell Razer beams are real lasers, but the Microwave Beam definitely is.

I think it would only count as Combat speed unless he's able to run long terms distances compared to how fast it moves.

BFG10000 does not need to scale up to 5-C via vaporization? And if I'm not mistaken, this damn gun destroys matter, and we can calculate the destruction of the surface at the atomic level.
However, the final boss kind of withstands the attacks of this weapon and its AP and Durability should be scaled up to that. Well, the scaling applies to Doomguy, respectively.

Intruvious said:
'OFF-TOPIC...'...but, look at this incel: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/epg8de/doom-eternal-story-lore
People like him infuriate me the most.
>incel

Cringe. Bruh just call him a r*tard or something. You're giving off Reddit big Keanu Chungus Wholesome 100 vibes.

Also a genuine question, is the lore and text optional like in dark souls where you can just skip it, or are you forced to go through it like in super paper mario? Don't get me wrong, I love super paper mario.

Why can't I say r*tard without fandom not letting my post through :mad:(((((

The R word is considered a slur by Fandom platform TOS and saying it out loud is a global block worthy offence.

So should demons resist soul manipulation or no?

Slightly off topic but I got a render of the Tyrant now too if the profile gets made.

Jaakubb said:
Intruvious said:
'OFF-TOPIC...'...but, look at this incel: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/epg8de/doom-eternal-story-lorePeople like him infuriate me the most.
>incel
Cringe. Bruh just call him a r*tard or something. You're giving off Reddit big Keanu Chungus Wholesome 100 vibes.

Also a genuine question, is the lore and text optional like in dark souls where you can just skip it, or are you forced to go through it like in super paper mario? Don't get me wrong, I love super paper mario.

Why can't I say r*tard without fandom not letting my post through :mad:(((((
The funny thing is; I actually wanted to say r*tard but I ended up going with incel instead since the former seems to trigger people. Also, the lore and anything related to it (cut-scenes etc.), are all skippable. So the guy in the article makes an issue out of a non-issue.

The R word is commonly used as a slur word against people with mental barriers/disabilities which is often mixed up by people who actually have low intelligence despite obvious differences people are either unaware or deliberately choose to ignore. Hence, why modern places including Fandom consider it on par with the N word and K word.

Anyway, let's please top talking about this and just don't ever use those words again on this site or platforms related to Fandom for safety reasons.

Back