• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread

ThisThingisReallyBroken said:
Did you not see the gladiator kill,he could've just smashed the skull and be done with it,but instead prolonged it for as long as possible and took a minute of grabbing the demon's own weapon and smashing it into his head when he could've as easily killed it with his hands.That's psychotic.To add to that the doomslayer isn't really the sanest person to begin within,mumbling to himself to rip and tear.
Well, you could think of it as that, or maybe he just failed to kill him with his hands easily so decided to just smash his face in with his weapon. The first kick definitely seemed like it was meant to kill him to me. Either way, I can't really see much sadism coming from that. As for him not being sane, he's rational enough in the game itself, the "rip and tear" comes from him basically being almost dead, and traumatized by the demons back when he was weaker.

If he could **** up a Titan with his hands,then he could **** up the gladiator with his hands.In that case the Icon of Sin would be comparable to the gladiator and the threat of the Icon wouldn't have been a big deal since Samuel could've just BFG10k'd it.Especially now that the ARC has been destroyed and humanity's last hope lies in Phobos.So there is no reason for Samuel to be freaking out about the Icon if it is comparable to the gladiator as each would be able to take a hit from the slayer and survive.That is why it's most likely the slayer just wanted to see the Gladiator suffer.

I get that but I think scaling the SSG would be pushing it slightly, it's likely Plot induced stupidity or something, scaling every powerful weapon in doom to tier 7 dosen't seem right.

Yeah I think we should have a seperate key for the eternal Baron since it's different enough and I think it's evolved or something in-lore so a seperate key should work for it. It's clearly stronger and like you say, can tank multiple BFG blasts.

Your arguments are making little sense now. "He could beat this demon because he beat this one", but we don't actually know that demon was stronger.

This site has plenty of scaling like that, the Gladiator obviously is below the Icon, that's incredibly obvious, but that doesn't mean it's not comparable. We have characters who're seen as strong humans in-verse be in Large Planet tier cause they fought against a planet buster, but obviously they couldn't destroy a planet themselves.

It is pretty confusing, I'll admit. I remember I was really mad when I first came to this site and thought that many seemingly human characters were planet busters according to this site. But the truth is, this site isn't perfect, and sometimes scaling has to slightly contradict in-verse logic.

I'm willing to bet that when Hugo said DoomBoi killed the Titan with his bare hands he didn't really mean it or got confused. I'm willing to bet he used the crucible for the entire fight.

Also, is there any chance we'll see an upgrade to the Slayer's speed anytime soon? I ask since in Eternal he deals with heat seeking missile barrages from Doom hunters, and revenants and can even see them in slow motion with that one rune. There's also this other rune that let's him run faster when he does a glory kill or something.

We can't really accept that. Besides, he got the Crucible later.

We talked about it, he reacts to things that might or might nor be lasers who knows

Nothing contradicts the idea that the Slayer beat the titan down with his bare hands before using the Cruble to keep it down for good.

"What rose from the holy coffin on that fateful day was not the impure abomination the covenant warned us of; the hero within would come to be known only as the Great Slayer, the time walker, the warrior Khan whose fire-sword would blaze forth a path for the just and cut through the demonic horde with a vengeance that only a God King could summon. He rose unbroken by the Ritual, his eyes burning with Maykr magic. He took the Crucible in his hand, and Wraith-fire leapt forth from the blade, as only it will when held by a true Sentinel warrior king."

"A sacred relic of the Sentinel People, the Crucible remains one of the most mysterious artifacts known to man. Texts from Argent D'Nur reference the weapon in a revered, righteous manner; while Night Sentinels were known to employ similar energy-based blades in their armaments, the Crucible remains the only one powerful enough to reportedly slay titan-class demons.

Only the Slayer holds knowledge of this venerated sword, for only he has been known to wild it. The blade burns with ethereal heat, immediately cauterizing flesh as it slices through."

The Marauders axe definitely does not scale to the crucible.

This is the stuff I was talking about earlier, I'm still iffy with scaling the Marauders weapon to the crucible, but the shield i'm ok with since when he staggered or stunned the Crucible can actually kill him, but the shield resists it, so i'm fine with that.

Armorchompy said:
We can't really accept that. Besides, he got the Crucible later.

We talked about it, he reacts to things that might or might nor be lasers who knows
But that's the thing, we don't know if they're lasers so nothing is set in stone you know? I was just wondering he'll get a small upgrade due to the stuff we can work with if that makes sense.

The mod is called the "Microwave beam" indicating that it could be using actual microwaves which would result in SoL speed, and It's a beam of energy that immediately connects to the target in what appears to be less than a frame

Jaakubb said:
What characteristics do they share in common with lasers?
They look like lasers but nothing in the game ever said they're lasers. I'm pretty sure the icon's "lasers" are probably just plasma since everything in the game is pretty much plasma energy or argent energy.

Even if this is legit, it's probably an outlier given every other feat suggests supersonic at best.

Seems like a good feat imo. Plus it's literally called a microwave beam.

How would it be an outlier? Aren't all his supersonic feats casual? Are there any antifeats? Doesn't seem like it.

Wait aren't the microwave beam and the pentagram thing different? The former seems fine, the latter doesn't.

Jaften said:
Even if this is legit, it's probably an outlier given every other feat suggests supersonic at best.
We only have one super sonic feat, doomguy outrunning rockets. We have 2 ftl feats the marauder reacting to the microwave beam and doomguy dodging the icon of sins lasers.He would have supersonic movement speed and ftl combat speed and reactions.

KieranH10 said:
The mod is called the "Microwave beam" indicating that it could be using actual microwaves which would result in SoL speed, and It's a beam of energy that immediately connects to the target in what appears to be less than a frame
They're not actual microwaves. Look at the quote from the Doom wiki;

Microwave Beam Following a short spin-up time, fires a concentrated, short-ranged beam of plasma energy that locks onto and immobilizes an enemy as long as the beam is maintained; sufficient exposure to the beam will kill the enemy, causing it to explode and deal damage to others nearby. The explosion size is dependent on how large the slain enemy was.

Jaakubb said:
Any source other than the wiki? Wiki could definitely be wrong.
It could be wrong but I remember reading the same thing in the game. I remember getting the microwave upgrade and saying to myself "Hell yeah, light speed attack confirmed!" And then being disappointed when I read the info. I can check in the game and come back.

We can't just assume that the speed of the ballista is the same as the speed of particle beams in real life. The two likely have wildly different ways of working.

Jaakubb said:
We can't just assume that the speed of the ballista is the same as the speed of particle beams in real life. The two likely have wildly different ways of working.
And why not? We make assumptions like that all the time and it makes the most sense given the description.

I agree the Ballista being relativistic seems to be pushing it a bit if all we get is that it's a "Super heated beam of argent" then it could be any firing method that's super heated. If it's not stated to be some kind of particle beam or cannon then I don't see that happening.

DeadButDreaming said:
IMG 20200327 135327013
Hopefully you guys can see the picture I uploaded. Proof from the game itself that the microwave beam is not using microwaves but plasma.
Alright I see. The description takes priority over the name, which is usually misleading even in real life science.

Back