• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread

I'm hoping we can get a "Possibly" rating for the Icon of Sin scaling him to the BFG 10,000

Hellbeast1 said:
Curiously what do we do about the Icon being miles long in the old games?

Also do we assume the comics are canon?
I'm willing to bet there's 2 different icons since the one from doom 2 was blown up. Either that or when the hell priest turned the betrayers son into the icon he was smaller for whatever reason.

The Icon in Eternal is clearly much stronger than the Doom 2 version.

The old Icon of Sin keeps coming back to life, if you take Evilution, Plutonia Experiment and RPG as canon parts of the "old timeline".

Jaften said:
The old Icon of Sin keeps coming back to life, if you take Evilution, Plutonia Experiment and RPG as canon parts of the "old timeline".
Doomguy didn't had the Crucible back then, it makes sense

Dante Demon Killah said:
Doomguy didn't had the Crucible back then, it makes sense
So that means he should have resurrection on his profile, yes?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
The Icon in Eternal is clearly much stronger than the Doom 2 version.
How am I implying otherwise?

I'm saying the old Icon's size could be useful for doomguy in terms of stats

DeadButDreaming said:
By the way I just finished the game. My God was it badass.
My only complaint with the game was the last fight. They introduced so many cool mechanics, like; Wall-climbing, dashing, meat-hook and pole-swinging, and also old one like double jumping. But they used none of them for the final mission (effectively).

They could've made us climb and swing off of the Icon, shoot him or punch him. My point is that the fight should've been more up close and personal, to get the most out of the badassery.

My only complaint with the game was the last fight. They introduced so many cool mechanics, like; Wall-climbing, dashing, meat-hook and pole-swinging, and also old one like double jumping. But they used none of them for the final mission (effectively).

They could've made us climb and swing off of the Icon, shoot him or punch him. My point is that the fight should've been more up close and personal, to get the most out of the badassery.

Can't say I completely disagree. My one big issue with the game was some platforming sections were annoying as hell. Especially Urdak. I can't wait for the 3 dlc for the game. I wonder if we'll use Valen at one point.

Ovens just told me this was happening.

Hallo. Not super interested in DOOM on the wiki side but its my favorite shooter of all time so I guess I'll drop in and try to lend and ear/hand/etc.

I still think it should scale to the Slayer, for reasons already stated.

I personally wouldn't scale him any higher than the Titans, while he's potentially comparable to the slayer, we don't see much of it except a glory kill or two iirc, the Slayer has been noted for killing titans with his bare hands, something that his allies couldn't do with weaponry when he was with the night sentinels, which is why they left him in hell, he was their greatest weapon against hell. With the Marauder seemingly being another general of sorts (Wearing similar armor, mentions that the slayer was "never one of us" or something along those lines), I can only really see perhaps Lifting Strength and speed scaling to the slayer, since he's capable of reacting to his attacks, and stopped a punch in a glory kill.

He also survives a stab of him in a Glory Kill (unlike other demons who do, he's still able to try and fight back after that), and his weapons, SSG aside, seem to use the same tech/magic as the crucible, which scaled to the Slayer.

Even though his axe uses the same argent energy look, and works similar, doesn't mean it scales. I though the crucible scaled to the titans through being the only thing capable of putting them down for good? which would exclude the Marauders weapon from being able to do the same. I may have simply misunderstood the scaling though.

As for the stab, you stated that other demons are capable of surviving one or two, not sure which one you mean when you say "try and fight back" since the only one I can find that remotely fits that is this one where he turns around and looks at the slayer before being quickly dispatched with a punch, without acting at all to try and stop it.

Yeah, it was that one- Again, it's more of a supporting thing than an argument in itself, but it's the only glory kill in the game where any demon actually reacts and moves after getting stabbed, basically every other glory kill where the Slayer doesn't just kill them instantly leavs them stunned for the quarter of a second preceding the unavoidable bisection/beheading/eye-ripping/throat-gouging/etc etc etc. I can provide a video of all glory kills if you want, but I've looked, no other one, really.

As for the axe/shield- If they're made with the same tech and energy, saying they have similar potency isn't too far-fetched, and as the shield can block the Slayer's strongest attacks (including the Crucible itself, and it shouldn't be game mechanics as if you stun him he is vulnerable to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsIGK64cNOg), it makes sense to do so. If there weren't any other arguments in favor of the Marauder scaling, I wouldn't even mention it, but this is just more stuff added to the pile. None of them would be enough on its own, but between that and how they were made to hunt the Slayer (though to be fair, previous demons also were and they failed), I think there's enough to make an argument.

Then his shield would scale to the Crucible, but not his actual dura, which would be much lower.

With the shield scaling I can potentially see the axe scaling to the crucible, but the statement saying that only the crucible is capable of killing titans seems like the crucible is being shown as far superior to the marauders weaponry.

It's superior, I agree, but the Crucible doesn't kill titans via sheer AP, but via a special, immortality negation property, so it shouldn't be uncomparable.

And yes, his dura is lower than his shield, but he's definitely got lifting strength comparable to DS, he's made to kill him, he was in the same group as the Doom Slayer used to be in, I think it's fair to say he's somewhat comparable.

Also, if we agree the axe is comparable to the crucible, does that mean its SSG, and by derivation the Slayer's SSGs are also in that tier? After all, the Marauders know the Doom Slayer, they wouldn't bring a weapon that can't harm him, especially if they had another one that could.

Cannonically,the demons can't physically harm the slayer.As stated by the dev's themselves in an interview the doomslayer can kill titans with only his fists,the marauder obviously can't.None of the slayer's weapons actually would be able to harm him and he obviously takes his time killing demons to cause them as much humiliation and pain as possible since that is within his character.Likely,the marauder being immune to the crucible is solely a game mechanic to avoid having the player one shot the marauder,rendering the challenge useless.So the doomslayer is NOT comparable to the marauder.

If the doomslayer can survive an explosion from VEGA's core in 2016(a core filled entirely with argent energy and leveled the whole UAC facility on mars when detonated,opening a portal to hell) without a scratch,then the marauder's crucible shouldn't be able to harm him either.I don't think any of the demons are comparable to the slayer except maybe for the Icon of Sin.

Yeah good point, forgot it wasn't really just an AP thing with the titans. I guess it should be at least comparable then.

I'm fine with lifting strength being scaled.

About the SSG, i'm thinking when Vega mentioned along the lines of "A weapon from your past" when it's first found, that could mean that the generals or whatever place the Slayer and Marauder held would be given when in the higher ranks, which could be why the Marauder also carries one. Just a theory though...

I'm not sure on scaling it to the Slayer once again, as it seems more of just a "Get away from me" sort of thing, if he thought it could do anything to the slayer he'd likely use it more often, but he just sticks to the Argent Axe for most of the fights. Also scaling it to the Slayer would also imply that it's superior to the BFG, which simply isn't the case.

(To ThisThing) You're using one statement that came out before this game was a thing to call all of my arguments game mechanics. We scale the Titan to the Slayer, and we will scale the Icon of Sin to him, so that's clearly a rule that's already been broken.

Also, every Glory Kill is as fast and precise as it could possibly be, and it's very much not in the Slayer's character to toy around or prolong his victims' deaths, he never does this once, and is in fact not sadistic at all. There's no glory kill over 5 seconds long, you call that "causing as much humiliation and pain as possible"?

Finally, the shield uses Argent energy like the Crucible, the fact that it blocks it is not that unbelievable.

KieranH10 said:
Yeah good point, forgot it wasn't really just an AP thing with the titans. I guess it should be at least comparable then.
I'm fine with lifting strength being scaled.

About the SSG, i'm thinking when Vega mentioned along the lines of "A weapon from your past" when it's first found, that could mean that the generals or whatever place the Slayer and Marauder held would be given when in the higher ranks, which could be why the Marauder also carries one. Just a theory though...

I'm not sure on scaling it to the Slayer once again, as it seems more of just a "Get away from me" sort of thing, if he thought it could do anything to the slayer he'd likely use it more often, but he just sticks to the Argent Axe for most of the fights. Also scaling it to the Slayer would also imply that it's superior to the BFG, which simply isn't the case.
Eh, if we scaled the SSG we'd likely scale most weapons, but I agree that's a huge topic not to be brushed off so lightly, though I personally would be in favor of it. And yeah, the Marauder doesn't use it super often, but if it were there to get the Slayer to piss off, how could it do that without hurting him at least slightly?

Did you not see the gladiator kill,he could've just smashed the skull and be done with it,but instead prolonged it for as long as possible and took a minute of grabbing the demon's own weapon and smashing it into his head when he could've as easily killed it with his hands.That's psychotic.To add to that the doomslayer isn't really the sanest person to begin within,mumbling to himself to rip and tear.

Back