• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
General CRT.

This CRT is meant to accomadate changes/findings that were made within the last few months that I think need to be implemented given the avaliable data.

The points are as follows

1) Type 9 Immortality and Type 9 Immortality Negation

Demons in DMC oftentimes project their consciousness or spirit across the Dimensional Wall they are in, (most prominently shown using Sand, Marionettes, etc.) whilst leaving other parts of themselves within the Demon World. These are then used as "avatars" for the Demons to torment humanity, through these mediums that allow them to repeatedly strike at muggles even if their physical form is disturbed. For all intents and purposes, as the Demon World notably has it's own incoherent flows of time, is dimensionally separate, etc. this SHOULD fulfill the qualifications of Type 9 Immortality. And as Dante and Vergil are able to murder them, obviously they get Type 9 Negation.

2) Demon Physiology Changes

A) Limited Subjective Reality: Demons via their imagination/subconscious decide how their powers evolve. Demons in Devil May Cry are inherently tied to their desires, as is Demonic Power. This is seen in the Ascension Ceremony, where it’s outright stated their powers are related to their body and mind, which is why Credo is so powerful. The results were the manifestation of his resolve. And Agnus goes over this again in awe of Sanctus' powers, and states it’s in relation to SPIRIT. However, this isn’t some random mention, as it’s brought up AGAIN at the last pangs of Credo’s death, with Dante stating Credo’s Angelic Death was only possible because he imagined it that way. This is directly brought up AGAIN in DMC5 in the Enemy Gallery breakdowns, not once, but twice. This is directly tied to how Demons, (and thus how Dante, who shares their physiology), evolves as a species-Based on their Desires.

And this is in itself an echo of a key theme of Devil May Cry, which is that emotion, positive human emotions, yield true power over the negative emotions Demons worship. Emotions obviously being connected to the mind and desire. As such, their minds influence reality, but in a manner befitting Subjective Reality. It is "Limited" because it's only tied to their evolutionary capacity. (While this has always been a key theme, there was never any scan that actually heralded this as truth. But now we have one.) So for Demon Physiology I propose that, similar to how we have Fear Empowerment, we have the same for positive Emotions.

B) Type 1 Acasuality: According to the DMC2, the Phantom we fight in that game is not another spider of that species. Specifically, it says, that the Phantom is from the Past, and is in fact the same one we killed on Mallet Island. Dante then kills him. The consequences of this are quite simple. Due to being killed in the future and being removed from the past, he should not have been able to exist in DMC1 (and if you propose he was sent back, it still wouldn't make much sense because he would've recognized Dante as a Son of Sparda a lot sooner)-Either way, history has been altered. But there is no notable changes to Dante's timeline-Dante is unaffected to these alterations to the past. As this is a one off event with very little context as to how this works, mechanically, I believe it should only be given to High Tier Sparda Physiology. (As it is an ability unrelated to any item he is utilizing here, and Vergil has the same powers. Nero also has similar abilities to them as the next generation.)

C) Death Hax Resistance

In Vol. 2, Trish's Alastor is said to have the ability to cause Instant Death. Dante is able to survive attacks from this. Naturally, Sparda physiology should reflect this.

D) Mind Cutting from Vol. 2

As you may have realized in the previous point, the translation of the Vol. 2 novel was found to be untrustworthy, making numerous alterations to the source material in phrasing and in the overall message. One of these changes was the climax of Dante Vs Void Mundus—Where Dante apparently strikes and shatters his very consciousness and thought capacity, severing it. Specifically, it is written as Dante is able to strike at the mind itself with his blade, severing and shattering thought:

"The finishing blade that severs one's consciousness even when his body was shattered into pieces, he couldn't reach an understanding," and "Mundus knew that his very thoughts were shattered..."

So for Sparda Physiology, high tier (as that is when Dante performs the feat) I propose adding that within their capacity.

E) Soul Hearing, Soul Detection, Soul Resonance, and Energy Flow(?)

In Deadly Fortune, Dante is able to hear Nero's Soul screaming, with both times Nero's soul being in disarray. (Having in one instance full on died and in the other his Soul was entirely melted). This occurs twice, and Dante claims Vergil's Soul also once screamed to him and he heard it. Within these scans Dante also indicates he can detect the flow of energy, as when Nero's Soul "screams," he can detect the fluctuation of energy it causes in the Savior. Nero's awakening and unlocking of his Pseudo-DT also forced Dante to DT, attempting to echo Dante's inner Demon within itself. Also note, Dante can feel the "Type," of Soul. Specifically, how their Souls are similar-Echoing how Dante and Vergil are said to have identical Souls.

3) Speed Changes

While Pluto's Speed is gone, Argosax can freely take up the mantle.

In the DMC2 Game Guide we recently got ahold of, we got this page alongside this. We had Red, a Translator who has done multiple before of considerable quality, translate them both (the second translation is in the link with the image). For the initial scan we got this.

"It's true form, embodied by the catalyst of the abomination Argosax the Chaos. It is a hermaphrodite with a perfect body and shining figure. Despite the godlike appearance, destruction, chaos and despair is the desire of the ultimate demon. His ability to dominate the demon world is not for nothing, instantaneous movement that transcends time and distance, he plays with Dante by converging the light that surrounds him."

This is compounded by the statements of "swift movement" he is "characterized" by. Clearly, the intent was for Argosax' teleports to be in a similar vein to Pluto's own movements. Movement that transcends time and distance (space) for Dante to react to. Further, Dante notably blitzes Argosax.

The next feat in question is from a retranslated version of Vol. 2. I don't know what qualification it is (I have been told it is infinite, but I'm not sure how valid that claim is), but in the second Novel Dante fights Void Mundus. Void Mundus is illustrated to the reader to be living darkness. The Void. An all encompassing darkness that surrounded the entire body. It envelopes light and exists as water would to a cup, filling it's container. (He is specifically given a word to regard to his body as fluid in nature.) Essentially, within Alt. Mundus' keep he is written to be Spatially Omnipresent. Dante proceeds to fight and dodge every attack Mundus can throw at him despite this, reacting to the Void's attacks on what is only instinctive reactions not even he understands.

To best paint the image of what Dante is doing within these passages, imagine being submerged within the depths of the ocean, and then moving so fast that you straight up dodge the water itself without leaving the water, or phasing.

4) Holy Stars

Holy Stars are an item Dante has used throughout the series, and Nero had it as well, but they were not given to the DMC Crew for some reason despite the Smell of Fear, Untouchable, and Holy Waters being given. There is no reason for this to be the case-So I'm proposing they be added in. The purpose of Holy Stars are the purification of the body to remove ailments.

5) Qliphoth

I want to add a profile for the Qliphoth, as it's an important part of DMC5, Urizen/Vergil, and the lore at large. This is a prototype Profile made with portions of a Qliphoth profile made by Lightning.

6) PoC Adjustments

As all PoC material is being removed, DMC will drop to Low 1-C (until the Tier 1 revision happens). This only affects God Tiers, obviously.

All PoC material being removed significantly weakens some of the hax: Regeneration goes down to Low Godly, Mid Godly overtime from the Nelo Angelo and Mundus feats. Concept Hax moves down to type 2, I believe we lose type 8 immortality, the various Info, Data, etc. hax gets removed as they were tied to Soulhax, as mentioned before Pluto's speed is gone, so is Nightmare's lifting strength, and the immense hax the Book of Demons and Optional Equipment gave to Dante, Vergil, and Lady are all to be removed as well. For now, at least. When PoC officially drops, soon, it'll be readded. (If it is still there.)

~~Pretty sure dodging mundus counts as immeasurable cuz he is dodging something after being hit by it or something like that~~

I was asked to come and evaluate the Argosax feat.

Assuming that translation is correct, then yes, that seems quite explicit. Although, I wouldn't quite index it as Immeasurable with that alone. But it definitely is Infinite at the very least.

Seems fine at a glance. Neutral on Immeasurable speed as those qualifications can be confusing for me. Infinite is fine though.

I was asked to come and evaluate the Argosax feat.

Assuming that translation is correct, then yes, that seems quite explicit. Although, I wouldn't quite index it as Immeasurable with that alone. But it definitely is Infinite at the very least.
Question, if the thing is explicitly an immeasurable feat why index it as infinite?

I also would like to know what the Omnipresence dodging feat would be quantified as, if it can even be quantified.

Woah why are POC justifications being removed? What did I miss?

But yes I agree with pointing out that Dante was dodging omnipresent attacks from Void Mundus. I made my own scaling doc for myself that made the same argument.

Woah why are POC justifications being removed? What did I miss?

But yes I agree with pointing out that Dante was dodging omnipresent attacks from Void Mundus. I made my own scaling doc for myself that made the same argument.
As of 2.0, a lot of the scans we've been using have been removed from the game. From the Weaponmaster's Devil Arm statements (in cutscene) to the loading screens, they've gutted a lot of lore. And unlike games like LoL or Destiny, where it it's just an ongoing/live service game where everything still happened and is just deleted for Server space/necessity, PoC is now jumping to 2.0 (calling the 1.0 release an extended Beta, basically) and calling the Official Release 2.0 and the Global launch they're going to do in Q3/Q4, and in the process sidelining/destroying/abandoning everything in 1.0 as "wrong." The combat system, the secondary lore, even now being ambigious with the canon in their public QnA's when previously it was outright stated to be canon. This effectively means that when they gut scans/change things, they're doing what can be compared to dropping concepts in Dev/Production of a AAA game. Sort of like scrapped game lines.

For example, a good portion of Boss-Specific Scans were from the Boss Raids. Those have been re-tooled to just show the players. The Book of Demons no longer sports poetry/mini descriptions scans (like stating Pluto can raise the dead) and is now essentially textless. The Bar-Folk who were basically there for your player systems have been re-tooled to just not exist and they go over it all with story-unrelated tutorial. The scene where Dante gets a gun with a Red Orb used to power it up is gone, as Dante no longer uses firearms to support their new character change system. Basically, the modern (accurate) state of the game is entirely different from 1.0, so to be faithful to it we're making the adequate changes. And since it's all now "Beta" instead of "Official" the DMC Supporters voted and agreed to remove all PoC content until the "True" Official Release, that way there's no egg on our face. This is especially beneficial since if they re-add all the lore, since we saved it all we can just slap it right back in.

(That's not to say everything is gone. For example, the Book of Demons scans {Including loading screens} are still in because the plot is ABOUT the BoD. They added in BoD lore into it's intro with a 2-D cutscene as well, rather than leaving it vague like in 1.0).

The main thing is just being accurate to the series and transparent/upfront with our avaliable data. It'd be worse long term to hide this info and when the game drops it DOESN'T have it, and hurt any future changes we make for DMC, or worse.

OP looks fine but I'm astounded that you didn't include the feat of Argosax's raw power pulling the DW and HW into each other to merge them. Like, the logic is the same as his power causing that eclipse and causing Class Y LS. Why is that not there?

OP looks fine but I'm astounded that you didn't include the feat of Argosax's raw power pulling the DW and HW into each other to merge them. Like, the logic is the same as his power causing that eclipse and causing Class Y LS. Why is that not there?
Wasn't that the status of the DMC Lifting strength BEFORE PoC? (Which would mean we'd automatically change it back to that?)

Wasn't that the status of the DMC Lifting strength BEFORE PoC? (Which would mean we'd automatically change it back to that?)
Yes, it was, but then you realize what else it does and then Class Y turns to Immeasurable because now the HW and DW get involved.

Qliphoth would have blatant Immeasurable LS now that I think about it.

Yes, it was, but then you realize what else it does and then Class Y turns to Immeasurable because now the HW and DW get involved.

True, especially since the DW was being physically dragged by collecting those office artifacts Arius had too, huh?

Speed too brother, we need people to see how explicit the quote is and get votes going.

Can you call staff willing to check DMC? Lord griffin for one

1) Type 9 Immortality and Type 9 Immortality Negation

Demons in DMC oftentimes project their consciousness or spirit across the Dimensional Wall they are in, (most prominently shown using Sand, Marionettes, etc.) whilst leaving other parts of themselves within the Demon World. These are then used as "avatars" for the Demons to torment humanity, through these mediums that allow them to repeatedly strike at muggles even if their physical form is disturbed. For all intents and purposes, as the Demon World notably has it's own incoherent flows of time, is dimensionally separate, etc. this SHOULD fulfill the qualifications of Type 9 Immortality. And as Dante and Vergil are able to murder them, obviously they get Type 9 Negation.
Do they murder the real demons or just the avatars? Like is it stated that if Dante killed one of the avatars, it in turn kills the true demon? I agree with Type 9 immortality for now, but will wait for type 9 negation until my question is answered.
2) Demon Physiology Changes

A) Limited Subjective Reality: Demons via their imagination/subconscious decide how their powers evolve. Demons in Devil May Cry are inherently tied to their desires, as is Demonic Power. This is seen in the Ascension Ceremony, where it’s outright stated their powers are related to their body and mind, which is why Credo is so powerful. The results were the manifestation of his resolve. And Agnus goes over this again in awe of Sanctus' powers, and states it’s in relation to SPIRIT. However, this isn’t some random mention, as it’s brought up AGAIN at the last pangs of Credo’s death, with Dante stating Credo’s Angelic Death was only possible because he imagined it that way. This is directly brought up AGAIN in DMC5 in the Enemy Gallery breakdowns, not once, but twice. This is directly tied to how Demons, (and thus how Dante, who shares their physiology), evolves as a species-Based on their Desires.

And this is in itself an echo of a key theme of Devil May Cry, which is that emotion, positive human emotions, yield true power over the negative emotions Demons worship. Emotions obviously being connected to the mind and desire. As such, their minds influence reality, but in a manner befitting Subjective Reality. It is "Limited" because it's only tied to their evolutionary capacity. (While this has always been a key theme, there was never any scan that actually heralded this as truth. But now we have one.) So for Demon Physiology I propose that, similar to how we have Fear Empowerment, we have the same for positive Emotions.
This seems fine.
B) Type 1 Acasuality: According to the DMC2, the Phantom we fight in that game is not another spider of that species. Specifically, it says, that the Phantom is from the Past, and is in fact the same one we killed on Mallet Island. Dante then kills him. The consequences of this are quite simple. Due to being killed in the future and being removed from the past, he should not have been able to exist in DMC1 (and if you propose he was sent back, it still wouldn't make much sense because he would've recognized Dante as a Son of Sparda a lot sooner)-Either way, history has been altered. But there is no notable changes to Dante's timeline-Dante is unaffected to these alterations to the past. As this is a one off event with very little context as to how this works, mechanically, I believe it should only be given to High Tier Sparda Physiology. (As it is an ability unrelated to any item he is utilizing here, and Vergil has the same powers. Nero also has similar abilities to them as the next generation.)
I'm confused here? The spider was brought to the future which means it was taken before it was killed in the past, but how does that give Acausality? It doesn't matter if he killed it in the future because unless it was sent back before future Dante kills it, it's not like he would remember him.
C) Death Hax Resistance

In Vol. 2, Trish's Alastor is said to have the ability to cause Instant Death. Dante is able to survive attacks from this. Naturally, Sparda physiology should reflect this.
He was pierced by it? Because it says it actives when it pierces. Also, why would Sparda physiology reflect this?
D) Mind Cutting from Vol. 2

As you may have realized in the previous point, the translation of the Vol. 2 novel was found to be untrustworthy, making numerous alterations to the source material in phrasing and in the overall message. One of these changes was the climax of Dante Vs Void Mundus—Where Dante apparently strikes and shatters his very consciousness and thought capacity, severing it. Specifically, it is written as Dante is able to strike at the mind itself with his blade, severing and shattering thought:

"The finishing blade that severs one's consciousness even when his body was shattered into pieces, he couldn't reach an understanding," and "Mundus knew that his very thoughts were shattered..."

So for Sparda Physiology, high tier (as that is when Dante performs the feat) I propose adding that within their capacity.
This seems fine.
E) Soul Hearing, Soul Detection, Soul Resonance, and Energy Flow(?)

In Deadly Fortune, Dante is able to hear Nero's Soul screaming, with both times Nero's soul being in disarray. (Having in one instance full on died and in the other his Soul was entirely melted). This occurs twice, and Dante claims Vergil's Soul also once screamed to him and he heard it. Within these scans Dante also indicates he can detect the flow of energy, as when Nero's Soul "screams," he can detect the fluctuation of energy it causes in the Savior. Nero's awakening and unlocking of his Pseudo-DT also forced Dante to DT, attempting to echo Dante's inner Demon within itself. Also note, Dante can feel the "Type," of Soul. Specifically, how their Souls are similar-Echoing how Dante and Vergil are said to have identical Souls.
So Extrasensory Perception and Telepathy regarding the soul?
3) Speed Changes

While Pluto's Speed is gone, Argosax can freely take up the mantle.

In the DMC2 Game Guide we recently got ahold of, we got this page alongside this. We had Red, a Translator who has done multiple before of considerable quality, translate them both (the second translation is in the link with the image). For the initial scan we got this.

"It's true form, embodied by the catalyst of the abomination Argosax the Chaos. It is a hermaphrodite with a perfect body and shining figure. Despite the godlike appearance, destruction, chaos and despair is the desire of the ultimate demon. His ability to dominate the demon world is not for nothing, instantaneous movement that transcends time and distance, he plays with Dante by converging the light that surrounds him."

This is compounded by the statements of "swift movement" he is "characterized" by. Clearly, the intent was for Argosax' teleports to be in a similar vein to Pluto's own movements. Movement that transcends time and distance (space) for Dante to react to. Further, Dante notably blitzes Argosax.

The next feat in question is from a retranslated version of Vol. 2. I don't know what qualification it is (I have been told it is infinite, but I'm not sure how valid that claim is), but in the second Novel Dante fights Void Mundus. Void Mundus is illustrated to the reader to be living darkness. The Void. An all encompassing darkness that surrounded the entire body. It envelopes light and exists as water would to a cup, filling it's container. (He is specifically given a word to regard to his body as fluid in nature.) Essentially, within Alt. Mundus' keep he is written to be Spatially Omnipresent. Dante proceeds to fight and dodge every attack Mundus can throw at him despite this, reacting to the Void's attacks on what is only instinctive reactions not even he understands.

To best paint the image of what Dante is doing within these passages, imagine being submerged within the depths of the ocean, and then moving so fast that you straight up dodge the water itself without leaving the water, or phasing.
The Argosax feat looks good but Void Mundus hits me with that "Say what?" But if more knowledgeable members agree then I don't have much of an issue.
4) Holy Stars

Holy Stars are an item Dante has used throughout the series, and Nero had it as well, but they were not given to the DMC Crew for some reason despite the Smell of Fear, Untouchable, and Holy Waters being given. There is no reason for this to be the case-So I'm proposing they be added in. The purpose of Holy Stars are the purification of the body to remove ailments.
This seems fine.
5) Qliphoth

I want to add a profile for the Qliphoth, as it's an important part of DMC5, Urizen/Vergil, and the lore at large. This is a prototype Profile made with portions of a Qliphoth profile made by Lightning.
I agree with the profile but I'll let the more knowledgeable DMC members handle any fixes
6) PoC Adjustments

As all PoC material is being removed, DMC will drop to Low 1-C (until the Tier 1 revision happens). This only affects God Tiers, obviously.

All PoC material being removed significantly weakens some of the hax: Regeneration goes down to Low Godly, Mid Godly overtime from the Nelo Angelo and Mundus feats. Concept Hax moves down to type 2, I believe we lose type 8 immortality, the various Info, Data, etc. hax gets removed as they were tied to Soulhax, as mentioned before Pluto's speed is gone, so is Nightmare's lifting strength, and the immense hax the Book of Demons and Optional Equipment gave to Dante, Vergil, and Lady are all to be removed as well. For now, at least. When PoC officially drops, soon, it'll be readded. (If it is still there.)
This seems fine.

Do they murder the real demons or just the avatars? Like is it stated that if Dante killed one of the avatars, it in turn kills the true demon? I agree with Type 9 immortality for now, but will wait for type 9 negation until my question is answered
I actually don't know
I'm confused here? The spider was brought to the future which means it was taken before it was killed in the past, but how does that give Acausality? It doesn't matter if he killed it in the future because unless it was sent back before future Dante kills it, it's not like he would remember him.
Basically the spider was brought from the past to the future. Then Dante killed it in the future which would obviously mess with time as there wouldn't be a spider in the past time where Dante killed it.

Since nothing like that happened we assume they don't care about that kind of paradoxes.

He was pierced by it? Because it says it actives when it pierces. Also, why would Sparda physiology reflect this?
Not that I remember
So Extrasensory Perception and Telepathy regarding the soul?
He already has that too so I guess more proof?
The Argosax feat looks good but Void Mundus hits me with that "Say what?" But if more knowledgeable members agree then I don't have much of an issue.
Yeah... That novel is a complete acid trip of wank and random stuff.

For example Some guy there has 2 statements of beyond dimensions/concept of time and space

Basically the spider was brought from the past to the future. Then Dante killed it in the future which would obviously mess with time as there wouldn't be a spider in the past time where Dante killed it.

Since nothing like that happened we assume they don't care about that kind of paradoxes.
Ok then, I guess it's fine.
He already has that too so I guess more proof?
Sure
Yeah... That novel is a complete acid trip of wank and random stuff.

For example Some guy there has 2 statements of beyond dimensions/concept of time and space
Novels will do that.

Do they murder the real demons or just the avatars? Like is it stated that if Dante killed one of the avatars, it in turn kills the true demon? I agree with Type 9 immortality for now, but will wait for type 9 negation until my question is answered.
I believe so. Dante can affect and destroy their Souls, (which some do use to affect the HW) and in the Anime he straight up exorcises/kills the Demon out of a possessed Human (to avoid hurting her) by throwing his sword into her, removing it from its medium and pinning it to the wall before he kills it. This is similar to DMC3, where the Hell Greeds Summon Souls and the Summoned Souls create their own bodies from the Sand on the floor, because when Dante kills them there’s no indication they lived through that and got sent back. This implies, to me at least, that Dante does in fact negate their Type 9 Immortality, but this has never been officially stated, similar to how the normal Regen is obviously being negated and yet they say nothing on it.

I believe so. Dante can affect and destroy their Souls, (which some do use to affect the HW) and in the Anime he straight up exorcises/kills the Demon out of a possessed Human (to avoid hurting her) by throwing his sword into her, removing it from its medium and pinning it to the wall before he kills it. This is similar to DMC3, where the Hell Greeds Summon Souls and the Summoned Souls create their own bodies from the Sand on the floor, because when Dante kills them there’s no indication they lived through that and got sent back. This implies, to me at least, that Dante does in fact negate their Type 9 Immortality, but this has never been officially stated, similar to how the normal Regen is obviously being negated and yet they say nothing on it.
Still seems like he's just killing the part of them that's there and not in the demon world in my honest opinion but I guess the argument can be made that if he didn't kill the orginal in the demon world then they'd just immediately send another part of themselves back to the Human World. So in the end I guess it's ok, I'm more neutral on this addition but if the more knowledgeable members think it's ok then I guess it's fine.

I agree with griffin, that should not count as type 9 negg since they basically keep coming back through all of DMC 3
They don't really come back, though? The plentiful amount of Demons was due to the fact the Demon Realm was being opened via Temen-ni-gru shenanigans. The only real foothold there is the Hell Greeds, but that's not really proof of anything.

They don't really come back, though? The plentiful amount of Demons was due to the fact the Demon Realm was being opened via Temen-ni-gru shenanigans. The only real foothold there is the Hell Greeds, but that's not really proof of anything.
The hell sins are the biggest debunk to this tho

Like it's only 7 angels/demons that Vergil freed from the seals and they are the ones that constantly create the avatars

The hell sins are the biggest debunk to this tho

Like it's only 7 angels/demons that Vergil freed from the seals and they are the ones that constantly create the avatars
I mean, that would be the case until you realize that the Sins themselves arrive in groups—Thus implying they can hold as many bodies as they want at once (which is contradictory to the fact each body is a separate consciousness/Soul, as displayed by Hell Greed’s animations). Which is clearly incorrect anyway, since the Hell Envy are coming out in droves from the DW directly connected to the HW (which means no Medium) via Leviathan Whale Stomach, meaning they are just a race of Demons that exist under the thumb of the Sealed Sins (which makes sense as they each have an entire level of Hell dedicated to them.)

Back