• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC Downgrades (the ones everyone expected)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I'm pretty sure a 9-D being/soul/item has no issues living in a lower dimensional realm, ie Human's souls living in a 4-D structure, aka a Space-time continoum/Universe.

So I agree that trying to prove the Demon world it's 9D becouse it contains a 9D object is kinda whacky lol.
However, this doesn't dismish 9D soul stuff, so Demons would still have 9D Hax anyways.

The only thing changing here is that no one would scale to 1-C in regards of AP.

Btw, I agree with the Low 1-C option, seems the best for now.

Why was 1-C dmc even accepted in the first place if dat was the case
because it was useless trying to argue against the wankers

there's always a particular person or group that makes it significantly harder to scale things correctly because of bias, whether its for or against

DC, Bleach, SAO, Fate, etc. all have stubbornly insufferable ***** that are impossible to argue with and it gets on my nerves talking about these verses cuz of these people

Last edited:
̶N̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶D̶M̶C̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶9̶D̶ ̶s̶m̶u̶r̶f̶ ̶H̶a̶x̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶G̶G̶

because it was useless trying to argue against the wankers

there's always a particular person or group that makes it significantly harder to scale things correctly because of bias

DC, Bleach, SAO, Fate, etc. all have stubbornly insufferable ***** that are impossible to argue with and it gets on my nerves talking about these verses cuz of these people
̶D̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶C̶o̶m̶i̶c̶v̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶S̶p̶a̶c̶e̶b̶a̶t̶t̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶:̶

Iirc Ultima allow it to pass as he is fine, since the logic is reasonable as in the thread Demon Realm is an infinitely large 9 dimensional realm and infinitely larger than 4D Human World. Idk what is his stance now on the matter

Iirc Ultima allow it to pass as he is fine, since the logic is reasonable as in the thread Demon Realm is an infinitely large 9 dimensional realm and infinitely larger than 4D Human World. Idk what is his stance now on the matter
He doesn't want to participate in any thread anymore.

So we better call DT instead?

̶S̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶y̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶f̶f̶ ̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶l̶e̶d̶g̶e̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶

You guys rn.

flat-550x550-075-f.u1.jpg

btw what do you think of this downgrade

I mean, I'm pretty sure a 9-D being/soul/item has no issues living in a lower dimensional realm, ie Human's souls living in a 4-D structure, aka a Space-time continoum/Universe.

So I agree that trying to prove the Demon world it's 9D becouse it contains a 9D object is kinda whacky lol.
It isn't that it contained it, it's that it created it. It's demonstrated with multiple statements that souls go to the demon world upon death, and that demons (which are souls) were spawned from it. It's not possible to create a 9-D object with 5-D materials.

It isn't that it contained it, it's that it created it. It's demonstrated with multiple statements that souls go to the demon world upon death, and that demons (which are souls) were spawned from it. It's not possible to create a 9-D object with 5-D materials.
how does dante scale to this

In fact, the statement even says that the souls are created by and return to that same place, and we know human and demon souls go to the demon world upon death, unless they're destroyed. So we know the demon world creates the souls. So either a 5-D realm somehow forms 9-D things, or the demon world is 9-D.

In fact, the statement even says that the souls are created by and return to that same place, and we know human and demon souls go to the demon world upon death, unless they're destroyed. So we know the demon world creates the souls. So either a 5-D realm somehow forms 9-D things, or the demon world is 9-D.
^^ so either a 5-D world can somehow spawn 9-D materials or that world which is already established to be higher dimensional is 9-D.
yeah dante physically shouldnt scale to that smh
Nightmare is stated to be able to physically lift and destroy the structure of the demon world. Dante beat him to death twice.

I mean, it's not far fetched.

I mean, could it be possible that a 5-D realm creates 9-D stuff?

Fiction doesn't have to follow IRL logic/mechanics toe to toe.

So I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.
A problem we commonly have sometimes is that we try to equate real life physics into a fictional world.

I mean, it's not far fetched.

I mean, could it be possible that a 5-D realm creates 9-D stuff?

Fiction doesn't have to follow IRL logic/mechanics toe to toe.

So I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.
A problem we commonly have sometimes is that we try to equate real life physics into a fictional world.
You contradict yourself.
You just said Human World shouldn't be able to inhabit HD souls by giving reason HD cannot fit inside lower D.

Now you use opposite logic for DW? Suddenly DW bring 5D alone for creating and containing 9D is fine?

You contradict yourself.
You just said Human World shouldn't be able to inhabit HD souls by giving reason HD cannot fit inside lower D.

Now you use opposite logic for DW? Suddenly DW bring 5D alone for creating and containing 9D is fine?
I apologise for not explaning myself better.

I meant, I'm still pretty sure a Lower D space can contain a Higher D one.
I was arguing in favor of 9-D

I just pointed out that one of Random's points could also not be that far fetched, becouse there can be instances where a Lower D realm could/can create a Higher D object/being in fiction.

Except the realm is called Higher Dimensional.
HD souls originate and return to said HD realm. Read the statement again.
Ah yes I see, then I suppose 1-C is not that far fetched then.
Also, yeah, skimming a bit more through the thread, the arguments here were already debunked in the last upgrade threads for DMC.

So by now I'm neutral towards disagreeing with this thread. Would like to see more arguments from both sides.

I meant, I'm still pretty sure a Lower D space can contain a Higher D one.
I was arguing in favor of 9-D
Contain, yes. Creating and forming it on the other hand requires something more. If the space is forming the 9-D then it follows that it has to be working with some kind of 9-D material. Seems either that the world be 9-D itself, or at very least be working with 9-D energy, which would also mean something given that Nightmare can destroy the demon world.
I just pointed out that one of Random's points could also not be that far fetched, becouse there can be instances where a Lower D realm could/can create a Higher D object/being in fiction.
Contain, most definitely. Create, however, seems a bit much. We can point to lots of fictional examples of lower dimensions containing higher dimensional powers and the like, but not of creating it, at least not without the assistance of a verifiably seperate higher dimensional energy source.

Edit: I think it logically follows that in order to create billions of 9-D souls and powers, including ones that wield universal power, you at very least have to have a 9-D energy source, 9-D materials to work with.

In the case of DMC, we know that the demon world is the majority of the chaos, and that the demon world and the chaos both form these souls. We also know that the chaos was the entirety of existence as stated in the manga. So we can be fairly sure, unless something comes up about an even higher dimension than the demon world, that no other world or source exists besides the demon world and the chaos where that power and material source could be. So assuming that the resources come from elsewhere requires us to assume another power source exists above the chaos and demon world. This could be very interesting if they did it in a future game, but it doesn't currently exist.

Last edited:
Contain, most definitely. Create, however, seems a bit much. We can point to lots of fictional examples of lower dimensions containing higher dimensional powers and the like, but not of creating it, at least not without the assistance of a verifiably seperate higher dimensional energy source.
Yeah, pretty much this

Edit: I think it logically follows that in order to create billions of 9-D souls and powers, including ones that wield universal power, you at very least have to have a 9-D energy source, 9-D materials to work with.

In the case of DMC, we know that the demon world is the majority of the chaos, and that the demon world and the chaos both form these souls. We also know that the chaos was the entirety of existence as stated in the manga. So we can be fairly sure, unless something comes up about an even higher dimension than the demon world, that no other world or source exists besides the demon world and the chaos where that power and material source could be. So assuming that the resources come from elsewhere requires us to assume another power source exists above the chaos and demon world. This could be very interesting if they did it in a future game, but it doesn't currently exist.
^^ apologies, I added this afterwards and think it adds a bit to the discussion.

Given that the light eventually split the world in half, would this imply that:
  1. The light changed state from a ray that doesn't split the world in half into a construct that splits the world in half
  2. Either the light is infinite or the Demon World is finite
?

Given that the light eventually split the world in half, would this imply that:
  1. The light changed state from a ray that doesn't split the world in half into a construct that splits the world in half
  2. Either the light is infinite or the Demon World is finite
?
What lol, no the light doesn't split the world in half, but before that there was one realm, then Pluto split thay realm into Human World and Demon Realm, the human world is the ray of light in an infinite darkness which is the Demom Realm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back