• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry 3 Speed Adjustment Part 2

The point of the Quicksilver argument is that while Dante and Vergil are equal in terms of speed, Quicksilver slows down time to the point where Vergil moves visibly slower for you to see, thus Dante w/Quicksilver active would probably be faster compared to Vergil.

As for Vergil's speed, his regular speed would scale directly to Dante considering that he was able to directly mat

But with DMC3, I feel Dante should be at least MHS, given that you can easily fight Nevan and dodge her lightning without using QS,

• There is a scene of Nevan summoning lightning from above, where said lightning comes down from an unknown height straight towards to where Nevan is in a single frame. Dante's movements are nowhere as fast as the descending lightning in that fight, even with any of his attacks.
    • What scene from this video are you referring to where Dante dodges Nevan's lightning? Remeber that to qualify for an actual lightning dodge, said lightning bolt in question must head towards Dante, and said lightning bolt must come in a straight line.
    • I hope that you are not talking about this scene, or this scene, as that is just Dante dodging an object that fires said lightning, and not the lightning itself.
We're keeping Dante's speed as High Hypersonic as it is.

Lightning

Like I said, he does these feats in base given the cutscenes showing Dante in base unless otherwise shown. He has MHS on his profile for this very same Nevan fight, but whoever edited put that he needed QuickSilver to do so.

Then he fought Geryon who could utilize QS.

He also has a possibly MHS for his Devil Trigger form, to which I also stated above, he fought Doppelganger , a guy who was literally Dante's Devil Trigger form.

I'll get to the whole lightning issue where Dante blocks said lightning at a later time (in a couple hours). There is something peculiar I have noticed about that feat.

You mentioned how those Blaze's were in DMC4, and they're lightning embodiment.

Nero, who is comparable to DMC3 Dante and Vergil, fights these things regularly.

So you guys are referring to blitz and griffon.

I'm almost certain Nero is the only one that hasn't gotten scaled to that.

But I don't think simply wielding Beowulf = LS or FTL. It's pretty much fighting with a flashlight. Now as for dodging Beowulf's light itself, I'm going to sleep, that's a whole other convo.

@Unite

FTL Devil May Cry is an outlier.

However, MHS+ is pretty legit. I will make gifs for the videos you and others posted, showing Dante parrying lightning attacks and Vergil reacting to Quicksilver.

Those gifs would help in justifying Dante's MHS+ reactions, yes. They need to be from DMC 3, however.

@Lina

Yes, DMC 3, but DMC 4 Nero is comparable to DMC 3 and he fights enemies who are the embodiment of lightning, I think.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Unite
FTL Devil May Cry is an outlier.

I'm looking for lightspeed feats so far this is what I've got:

DMC3: Blocking a light sphere blast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcTKOh-h6-Q&feature=youtu.be&t=147

DMC4: Blocking Savior's Laser Beam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qivKjZ0jgik

DMC1 Catching a Ball of light: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9jWiK7wXz8 Reacting to Mundus' light beam: https://youtu.be/zzydMLP4Fjw?t=82

And these are all at BASE form...

And of course flying by stars in Mundus fight.

Some series with lesser stuff (cough FF8) have less stuff that aren't considered outliers but whatever.

This is about 8As of DMC

On the matter of Quicksilver, I would say that the flavor text that says the user is elevated to lightning-fast speeds refers to the user in relation to everything else. I think it is more plausible that other important characters simply have resistance to time manipulation or just that bosses have game mechanics on their side.

As for all this FTL stuff, I do not think any sphere of light should be immediately considered light speed. A more plausibly lightspeed laser can be seen in the Nightmare fights in DMC1.

But let's stick to DMC3 here and move on to other entries on their own threads.

I would also like to reconsider the multiplier of Quicksilver, and treat it as deceleration from 100% effectiveness to 0 so as to be consistent with the cutscene. So from the beginning of the time stop up to the moment the rock moved (roughly 10 sec), we can say that: (10sec)/(6.169e-4sec) = 16,210x multiplier at least to base Dante. That is if we are going to completely rely on that 1 cutscene.

Matthew Schroeder said:
None of those are real light, stop wanking.
Perhaps you should actually explain why they are not real light instead of addressing it as simple "wank"...

Gif 3 and 5 isn't Vergil reacting to Quicksilver, it's just the shield he already has around him.

Lina Shields said:
Perhaps you should actually explain why they are not real light instead of addressing it as simple "wank"...
It's self evident. They are all magical "light" attacks that are fired from enemies. They don't have a stated speed of 1c, they aren't electromagnetic waves, they aren't radiation, they aren't natural photons. We don't accept something as being literal, 1c light just because it's a glowy energy.

Beowulf Devil Arms is stated ingame to be blessed with "sacred light" and emit light based attacks. Considering that Beowulf Devil Arms comes from Beowulf it is not unreasonable that Beowulf himself can use light based attacks and that is evident with the links I've posted.

As long as these "light" in question are able to act similar to natural light, and deflect off mirrors (or stated to be lightspeed), said attack in question would mostly fit in the light criteria.

Another one:

Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, Boss File — Beowulf: "Gatekeeper sealed away by Sparda for 2000 years. He anxiously awaits his chance at revenge. His overwhelming strength and light attacks make him a force to fear."

Keep in mind that these light attacks need to have the properties of light (stated to be lightspeed, reflecting off a mirror, showing similar properties as a laser) for it to be considered lightspeed.

Back