• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry 3 Speed Adjustment Part 2

Not that I didn't like it, but I'm just curious as to how his speed was posted at lightspeed. You know just to see the reasoning or thought process behind it.

1. luminosity-

So besides both the boss and the weapon having light flowing inside of them, and being able to produce flashes of light with a strike, and the boss solely being able to produce AoE light attacks which aren't stated to be magic, what else is missing?

Sacred = holy = divine, so a lesser demon once an angel, The Falle , should be manipulating real light then, unless there's something magical about that.

2. "In Devil May Cry, there is 0 difference between angels and demons, and the Demon World is called Heaven numerous times, and the ruling demons are often considered Gods. So yes, Holy Light coming from a demon is very much acceptable in the verse."

Except the Demon World being called heaven is just a personal interpretatio of what heaven is. See my comment about The Fallen for why there is a difference between angels and demons. While I agree with the last part, that doesn't make it magical. And gods don't have to be holy/blessed, etc.

3. "Don't see how Doppelganger proves Beowulf is real light.
"

Because it proves not everything is magical in the verse, especially when there are a plethora of weapons and objects that are explicitly stated to have magic, such as Rebellion, Ebony and Ivory, Yamato, Luce & Ombra, etc.

And the fact that half your reasons for validating Nevan's lightning was because it was mentioned in game, which has no reference to magic either might I add.

Matthew Schroeder said:
But keep in mind that he literally states that he attacks at the speed of light.
Oh, like Kubo in one piece.

Oh wait, that's an outlier.

Statements from anyone mean shit without evidence.

@Jelome1989

I think it looks fancy and doesn't prove anything.

@Rice

"light flowing inside of them"

Doesn't prove anything.

"produce flashes of light with a strike"

Cool, it glows.

"produce AoE light attacks which aren't stated to be magic"

Doesn't have to be stated. And luminosity doesn't mean it's light.

"Sacred = holy = divine, so a lesser demon once an angel, The Fallen , should be manipulating real light then, unless there's something magical about that"

No they shouldn't. All demon powers can be considered magical in nature, and there is no "demons were once angel". You could at best argue it is the contrary in DMC.

"Except the Demon World being called heaven is just a personal interpretation of what heaven is."

Gonna need more proof there's difference.

"See my comment about The Fallen for why there is a difference between angels and demons."

I saw, there isn't a conclusive proof there's a difference.

"While I agree with the last part, that doesn't make it magical."

It does.

"And gods don't have to be holy/blessed, etc."

In this context, sure it does.

"Because it proves not everything is magical in the verse"

It doesn't prove it's real light.

"especially when there are a plethora of weapons and objects that are explicitly stated to have magic, such as Rebellion, Ebony and Ivory, Yamato, Luce & Ombra, etc"

Which only proves Demonic powers / weaponry are magical ergo we can logically infer that a demon's powers are magical in nature.

"And the fact that half your reasons for validating Nevan's lightning was because it was mentioned in game"

I'm fine downgrading and ignoring Nevan if it bugs you that I'm being inconsistent. But Nevan has actual proof, Beowulf hasn't.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Jelome1989
I think it looks fancy and doesn't prove anything.

It's a direct reference to sunlight. The game is trying its best to portray real light as much as possible. You can look again at 1:17 to see a repeat of the feat.

Light dodging page says: "It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera"

Another one: "The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror" "The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid..."

Definition of a rainbow: A rainbow is a meteorological phenomenon that is caused by Reflection, refractio and dispersion of light in water droplets resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky. It takes the form of a multicoloured arc. Rainbows caused by sunlight always appear in the section of sky directly opposite the sun.

We've taken the argument one level higher by giving proof.

"I has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera"

I didn't know a demonic gauntlet was a realistic source of light.

Posting a definition of a rainbow isn't going to cut it to prove that the gauntlet itself is lightspeed, that Dante is lightspeed when using it when it doesn't affect his speed in the slightest, or that Dante can react at lightspeed.

A rainbow doesn't prove that whatever projectile beam Beowulf may fire is a real light, because luminosity =/= real light.

"We've taken the argument one level higher by giving proof"

You haven't.

"I didn't know a demonic gauntlet was a realistic source of light."

Again, the rainbow feat is a direct reference to sunlight.

"Posting a definition of a rainbow isn't going to cut it to prove that the gauntlet itself is lightspeed, "

And you didn't provide any evidence that it's not.

"luminosity =/= real light."

The light reflecting rainbow colors in the video do not refer to luminosity. It refers to sunlight.

"Again, the rainbow feat is a direct reference to sunlight"

Not necessarily.

"And you didn't provide any evidence that it's not."

I have. You haven't provided any evidence that it is.

"The light reflecting rainbow colors in the video do not refer to luminosity. It refers to sunlight."

Not necessarily. It could simply produce a rainbow in other ways.

Matthew Schroeder said:
"Again, the rainbow feat is a direct reference to sunlight"
Not necessarily.

How so?

"It could simply produce a rainbow in other ways."

When we say rainbow, we think sunlight. The video shows light, so we see rainbow. Any other conclusion as to how or why the rainbow was portrayed in the video is unusual.

Even if it is, I fail to see how that proves anything at all about Dante being FTL, which is an outlier, or Dante being able to punch at FTL speeds with Beowulf.

Also, the light is a "Sacred light", so it's not real light at all.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also, the light is a "Sacred light", so it's not real light at all.

Sacred is simply a description or adjective or a reference to Beowulf. Like most of you said, what is shown > what is said.

"Even if it is, I fail to see how that proves anything at all about Dante being FTL, which is an outlier, or Dante being able to punch at FTL speeds with Beowulf."

Now we're getting somewhere. If it's a matter of outlier, then that's a whole new discussion. We could throw in DT since DT is an unknown multiplier but yeah, it's vague for now.

"Sacred is simply a description or adjective or a reference to Beowulf. Like most of you said, what is shown > what is said"

That's not the same argument, like, at all. A sacred magical light can still create a rainbow.

"Now we're getting somewhere. If it's a matter of outlier, then that's a whole new discussion. We could throw in DT since DT is an unknown multiplier but yeah, it's vague for now."

It's an outlier or else lightning-speed wouldn't be considered impressive by the feats in DMC 1 and 4, and the best feat in the series is a Sub-Relativistic feat by Abigal, a god-tier. Baseline, Pre-Awakening Dante from DMC 3 being FTL is an outlier.

Whats the difference between Sacred light and regular light? I thought Sacred light is light that is just sacred or holy, like a sword being imbued with fire magic would make it a fire sword, its sword that can manipulate fire.

@Matthew Schroeder "lightning-speed wouldn't be considered impressive by the feats in DMC 1 and 4" They aren't considered impressive by the higher tiered characters in the verse

Matthew Schroeder said:
"That's not the same argument, like, at all. A sacred magical light can still create a rainbow."
But that's just assumption.

"It's an outlier or else lightning-speed wouldn't be considered impressive by the feats in DMC 1 and 4, and the best feat in the series is a Sub-Relativistic feat by Abigal, a god-tier. Baseline, Pre-Awakening Dante from DMC 3 being FTL is an outlier."

Well we have yet to see the limits of Dante's speed. IIRC, Dante casually stomps Abigail at base by just using sheer strength. So those feats could be considered 'AT LEAST' sub-relativistic for Base Dante. Not to mention DT which is an unknown multiplier. And AFAIK, Dante still hasn't used his strongest attack - Devil Trigger Explosion - where Dante releases DT energy and one shots enemies in an AoE to dust (tho this is irrelevant).

"Pre-Awakening Dante from DMC 3 being FTL is an outlier."

Well Dante did awaken before Beowulf.

" Dante being able to punch at FTL speeds with Beowulf."

I know this is nowhere near LS, but https://youtu.be/rB2PF0oenGo?t=19

Beowulf also boosts Dante's attack and speeds. But point is that it's just another one where the game is trying to portray lightspeeds.

EDIT: Damn I can't seem to do spacing properly in this forum.

"Whats the difference between Sacred light and regular light? I thought Sacred light is light that is just sacred or holy, like a sword being imbued with fire magic would make it a fire sword, its sword that can manipulate fire."

With Lightning and Light, we need more proof than just being stated to be either before we start assigning the scientific speed values to either. A light being called sacred or holy, and coming from a magical source, or whatnot, would indicate that it is not real light and thus doesn't get the 1c value.

The light used by Beowulf doesn't come from a magical source, it's the physical manifestation of the character, Beowulf, soul which is a being that was born with the ability to control the light whether he needed magic to control it is up for debate and all.

But my main point is the combat adjudicator uses adjectives and dramatic words to describe what can damage it like Neva: "I am the combat adjudicator. Only a technique charged from the heavens can move me."

or the more popular Beowulf: "I am the combat adjudicator. Only a technique blessed with the sacred light can move me."

The light is not really sacred light and is actually just light here is the boss file for Beowulf: Beowulf: "Gatekeeper sealed away by Sparda for 2000 years. He anxiously awaits his chance at revenge. His overwhelming strength and light attacks make him a force to fear."

"The light used by Beowulf doesn't come from a magical source, it's the physical manifestation of the character, Beowulf, soul which is a being that was born with the ability to control the light whether he needed magic to control it is up for debate and all. "

>Point >Your head.

What I meant is that it doesn't come from a natural / scientific source. It comes from his power.

Mmm...

"I am the combat adjudicator. Only a technique charged from the heavens can move me."

This confirms that it is falling lightning.

Code:
"I am the combat adjudicator. Only a technique blessed with the sacred light can move me."
This confirms it isn't real light.

Why is the former okay with using and not the later outside of a thirst for upgrades?

"Gatekeeper sealed away by Sparda for 2000 years. He anxiously awaits his chance at revenge. His overwhelming strength and light attacks make him a force to fear."

That doesn't prove anything. "light attacks" don't confirm lightspeed in the slightest.

"What I meant is that it doesn't come from a natural / scientific source. It comes from his power."

Regardless, it has been shown to display actual properties of light. I thought we discussed this already?

"This confirms it isn't real light"

You can't use adjectives that merely describes Beowulf to conclude the true nature of the light in question.

"Regardless, it has been shown to display actual properties of light. I thought we discussed this already?"

It hasn't.

"You can't use adjectives that merely describes Beowulf to conclude the true nature of the light in question"

You can't use the fact that it's called "light" to say that it's real light, let alone when adjectives point otherwise.

If you mean High Hypersonic with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions/combat, yes its consistent because then later for Dante it became his normal speed and allowed Nero to keep up with his casual state (High Hypersonic with Speed of Light reactions is inconsistent)

Dark649 said:
If you mean High Hypersonic with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions/combat, yes its consistent because then later for Dante it became his normal speed and allowed Nero to keep up with his casual state (High Hypersonic with Speed of Light reactions is inconsistent)
Feel free to change the profiles, I approve.

Dante profile says that he is stronger than a demon that generated a storm over an island, is it higher than 8-A?.

@Dark649

AP discussions will be done in a new DMC3 thread Freeman will make. There's literally nothing that makes Devil May Cry 8-A (Old calc is dead, and is based on freaking Savior which is not a low-tier), so we need to find a new feat to scale the low-tiers from.

Speed discussion is done, tho. Feel free to edit profiles.

Back