• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demonbane Mythos Ultimate Revision - Return of the Strongest Mecha of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this revision works, i hope people will realize that Demonbane verse have more than just Elder God Demonbane.
Plus, who the **** use EGD in 2023 anyway when we have Vortex Blaster, Demonbane Darkness, Destroyer Robot Clockwork Phantom and Star Warriors?

Well that will logically take like a lot of time to go through, I think you should have broken it down and made it in parts, since this is kind of a lot.
I will try to go through it but I cannot make any promises on how long it will take

Well that will logically take like a lot of time to go through, I think you should have broken it down and made it in parts, since this is kind of a lot.
I will try to go through it but I cannot make any promises on how long it will take
You don't have to, currently i'm waiting for Ultima to reply. Elizhaa already agreed so all that left is Ultima.

Thqnk you very much for helping out. 🙏

First, I'm sorry for my late reply
The tidbit about the cycle, Samsara and the Ring of Yog-Sothoth confuses me, too, since they all seem to be posited to be separate levels of existence each encompassing the other, when they seem to be just different names for the same thing. Here, for instance, "The Wheel of Fortune" and the Ring of Yog-Sothoth are mentioned as interchangeable terms:
Yes, this was our initial thought, I put them into different parts to avoid confusion, but it looked like it backfired. XD, yeah we are perfectly fine with them being the same thing.
There is a remark in the summary at the end of the post explaining this part about how the Ring of Yog-Sothoth is a level that encompasses infinite cycles. I've read back, and it seems that the reasoning given for the existence of an infinite amount of cycles is that "eternity" is a term that refers to the Cycle as a whole, and it is then mentioned that there are "infinite chains of eternities" in existence, here:

But this seems like an odd interpretation when the next iteration of the loop is referred to as "the next eternity," and the end of that iteration is then "the end of the next eternity." The Outerverse also seems to be referred to as "the point where eternities" meet, and as the jaw of the Ouroboros, which reinforces the idea that an "eternity" is just one interation of the cycle, not the entire time loop.
I suppose the interpretation that there are infinite cycles has something to do with how each component of the chain of eternities is described as being a ring, but given the fact that otherwise everything only ever mentions the existence of a single loop, I don't think the conclusion being taken here is very well substantiated. For example, as seen above the cycle is compared to a snake that eats its own tail, something that's directly equated to the Wheel of Fortune in one bit of narration (Menrioned there as "The Serpent of Samsara"):
The HyperDimension section made it clear that there were infinite rings of time(which obviously referred to the ring of Yog-Sothoth), and while the word "eternity" usually equates to the entirety of the ring of Yog-Sothoth, the ring of Yog-Sothoth mentioned in the light novel and the visual novel are not the same thing as the event they cover operated in different levels of existence.
The ring of yog-sothoth in the light novel only covers the multiverse, with there being infinite rings of yog-sothoth, hence the infinity of eternities.
Super Demonbane ascended to the hyperdimension where it could observe all different infinite rings of yog-sothoth across the past, the present, and the future. Yet, this whole event of transcending to the hyperdimension was still another cycle, referred to as a "flow" by Nyaralathotep, suggesting there might be a different ring of yog-sothoth that covers the hyperdimension.

Now, as for the ring of Yog-Sothoth in the Visual Novel, both Demonbane and Liber Legis fought inside the Outerverse, a TRANSCENDENTAL REALM that is superior to all the lower structures, including the hyperdimension and the unknown realm where Nyaralathotep stands, obviously the ring of yog-sothoth that bounds this event is superior to the rings of Yog-Sothoth mentioned in the light novel.
It should be noted that, if the ring breaks, then Nyarlathotep will simply create another one to continue her plan, and the rings of yog-sothoth were destroyed TWICE in the Visual Novel, but their actual numbers were unknown. We just assumed that the number should be similar to the number of rings in the light novel, but we've re-considered and decided it was jumping the gun to conclude so. We can discard the idea of there being infinite rings of yog-sothoth/cycles in the Visual Novel, only the number of rings in the light novel is infinite.

I also don't really get why the Ouroboros Rondo is then being treated as a structure higher than all of the above? The author's Twitter post seems to say in pretty crystal-clear terms that it's just the symbol of the one time-loop in the series:
Oops, sorry for not being clear on this part. What I intended to put above all the loop was the "tree that contained all branching universes representing different loops", not the whole ring. Yeah, the ouroboros rondo is just a different name for the rings of yog-sothoth, Jin's Twitter post here supports that the ring contains branching universes/multiverses.

Jin Haganeya: The motif here is “Prayer wheel”. Certainly you can consider it as the symbol of timeloop. According to the maker of this video the image apparently is “Al Azif but not the book”. The interpretation is that the memories of the loop is engraved based on each spin. I think your interpretation for the tree is correct as well. It is the image of branching universes.

Lotus: Thank you very much!

Same goes for the Infinite Spiral / Klein Bottle. All of this sounds like it's referring to the same thing.
OK, hard disagree here, the Infinite Spiral/Klein Bottle contains all the previous structures to an unknown extent, this is clearly mentioned in Kishin Hishou when Another Blood released the memories of the Infinite Spiral into the world. Both Ruri and Leica received their memories of their routes, where the event of the ring of Yog-Sothoth being broken occurred. You can watch @Mugen_no_Setsuna's video here, at 13:05, when everyone receives their memories of the Infinite Spiral, multiple CGs pop up, including some contents available only in Ruri and Leica's route. This can only mean that those rings must be inside the Klein Bottle. In addition, all memories overflowing from the Infinite Spiral are called stories, and they manifest in reality as a nightmare(world/universe) so we can conclude that the Infinite Spiral also records all of the events happening inside it as memories/stories.

Also, the Klein Bottle was TRULY BROKEN only in Azif's route so the world could return to its proper way, this is further supported in Zanma Taisei's Visual Fanbook
https://imgur.io/aqxhWI5?r
Kurou is trapped in the void by Nya. However, Kurou struck right at Nya right before she could ensnaring him, because of the bond that he has built with Al. The world dyed with despair shattered into pieces like a mirror. Finally Kurou and Al have destroyed this infinite cycle.

Picture 1: An ending that cannot be found anywhere in the scenario written by Nya. The blow of light unleashed by Kurou and Al breaks through the loop of despair that was repeating for innumerable of times.
Picture 2: Kurou hugs Al as they are drifting in the infinite cosmos. Feeling the warmth of Kurou, Al is resolved to return him to his original world.
Picture 3: The union of the two is still too soon to meet. The two of them meets again and embracing each other, as they overcoming space and time, universe and even Fate.

So my new conclusion on the cycle part is:
The ring of Yog-Sothoth that covers the multiverse: at least High-1B
The ring that covers the hyperdimension: at least Low 1-A
The ring of Yog-Sothoth that covers the event inside the Outerverse: at least 1-A
The Klein Bottle should reside at an unknown level above 1-A
I hope my reply clears up your question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back