• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Huge Universe and A Small Revision (Demonbane Mythos)

Demonbane Mythos is more or less done with its cosmology, with sufficient people to agree with the tier proposals in this thread. But I would like to propose a minor revision on the tier proposal while others were working and dealing the characters in DYN Freaks so scale with other characters in Demonbane Mythos. As there were some minor but curious details that were overlooked or not explored in sufficient details in Cosmic Fight between Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis.

Introduction:

In the Cosmic Fight between Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis, three of earliest casualties in the fight were the Huge Universe, a universe where the two Super Deus Machinas with mass and energy to destroy whole universes were less than a single molecule, the Slow Universe where flow of time was so heavy that the two Super Deus Machinas were hardly can move with time manipulation ability and Dead Universe, where two Super Deus Machinas cease to exist and fight as nonexistence beings.
It sounds impressive but nothing mind-blowing? Which is the purpose of this thread to show much you can get from 10 sentences by analyzing deep enough. Most of contents will be put inside spoiler for easier read and a summary is on the outside to list some major points for easier reference.

In the Cosmic Fight between Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis was known as an epic showdown that inflicts massive destruction and creation throughout the multiverse before their ascension to Hyperdimension and being deleted from reality by Nyarlathotep. However, Cosmic Fight was more than a simple multiversal battle, as what contributes its scale is the nature of countless universes as casualties, an earliest victim peeks my curiosity is this universe.

Chapter 4 - Cosmic Fight said:
そして――
彼らが飛ばされたのは、巨大な宇宙だった。
宇宙を崩壊させるほどの質量とエネルギーを持っていたはずの二体の鬼械神(デウス・マキナ)が、ここでは分子のひとつにも満たない存在なのだった。
ビリヤードの玉のように互いに衝突し暴れ回る気体分子を避けながら、両者は超威力の術式を撃ち合った。

Next----
They were sent to a huge universe.
The two Deus Machinas that should have the mass and energy to destroy whole universes were less than a single molecule in this place.
While avoiding gas molecules that collide with another in frenzy like billiard balls, the two unleashed immensely powerful techniques to another.

A casual glance will not tell much of the severity and significance of the destruction of this universe, but with a bit research on concerning constants and numbers, you will get very incredible number. Moreover, if you have read and digest enough information to realize the spacetime structure of a single universe in the mortal world in Demonbane Mythos was like, prepare for some mind-blowing.

And that, is the purpose of this article, as a summary of what a universe is like in Demonbane Mythos and how this will affect and change your perception on the actual scale of the Cosmic Fight to realize why Demonbane Mythos is such a powerful fictional universe.

Before going, I would to remind that both Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis were destroyed several universes before arriving to the Huge Universe, check the Hyperdimension Section in the Cosmology.

About the molecules of Huge Universe, what is said by Avogadro Constant?
The amount of substances or elementary entities (atoms, molecules, ions) within any object or sample is ~ 6,022*10^23 particles per mole of unit, this applies to gaseous samples and objects and a mole of gas always contains ~ 6,022*10^23 gas molecules, as I understood from these articles,

In short, if there is a ballon of a mole of unit in the Huge Universe, that ballon would house about a septillion of entities more powerful than creators and destroyers of universes.

It is not that end, Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis, of which mass and energy can destroy many universes were less than a molecule. You know the definition of a molecule, a group of two or more atoms held by chemical bonds, which is a noteworthy trait as both Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis were described to be "less than a single molecule". What is smaller than a molecule? An atom, and two atoms via chemical bonds can form a molecule. A molecule, like any larger system contains smaller entities, is immensely larger than smaller entities and most of its space is empty, and Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis have to be close enough to combat and far enough to avoid another's attacks.

In case I was not clear enough, I am saying Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis are comparable to atoms in the Huge Universe.

How many atoms exists in the Observable Universe? About 10^78 to 10^82 atoms in the Observable Universe.
How Many Atoms Are There in the Universe?
In short, if the Huge Universe has the equivalent of its Observable Universe, we would expect to see 10^78 to 10^82 entities comparable to creators and destroyers of universes.

That, is simply the beginning, what do we know about a universe in Demonbane Mythos again? Its space is infinite and its time is eternal.

Zanma Taisei Prologue said:
i.imgur.com/92pWW1C.png

深遠。
深淵。
果て無い、限り無い星々の海。
この無限の虚空の遥か彼方、孤独の世界のすぐ裏側――
蠢く怪異の存在を、迫る脅威の存在を、誰が識る。
誰が識る。
人智を超え、狂気をも超えた領域で、世界と怪異は侵し合い、犯し合い、冒し合い、幾星霜――
それでもなお続く。
なお巡る。
未来永劫、
過去永劫。
そして現在、この瞬間もなお。

The Deep.
The Abyss.
The endless, limitless Sea of Stars.
The far reaches of the infinite void, the other side of a lonely world----
Who knows of the strange things that lurk there, the threat that approaches?
Who knows?
In a place beyond human knowledge, beyond insanity, the World and the Other violate, rape, defile each other----
Over and over again.
Still they continue.
Still they return.
Forever into the future, forever into the past.
And even now, at this very moment.

Al Azif's Route - Chapter 13 said:
i.imgur.com/mJLFNBA.png

深遠。
深淵。
果て無い、限り無い星々の海。
宇宙を漂っている。
最期に見る夢としては、少々色気に欠ける。
……何て、冷たい宇宙。
道理で寒い訳だ。
宇宙はこんなにも広く、
こんなにも孤独だ。
それに――
この無限の虚空の遥か彼方、孤独の世界のすぐ裏側――蠢く怪異の存在を、迫る脅威の存在を、誰が識る。誰が識る。
そう、邪悪に貪られている。
人智を超え、狂気をも超えた領域で、世界と怪異は侵し合い、犯し合い、冒し合い、幾星霜――それでもなお続く。なお巡る。未来永劫、過去永劫。
そう、無限の輪に囚われている。

The Deep.
The Abyss.
The endless, limitless Sea of Stars.
I am wandering in the Cosmos.
It does lack a bit of appeal as my final dream.
What a cold Cosmos...
It was logical to be cold.
The Cosmos was to vast,
And it was so lonely.
Moreover---
From beyond this infinite void (sky), the other side of this lonely world (sky) --- Who knows of the strange things that lurk there, the threat that approaches? Who knows?
Yes, it is being devoured by evil.
In a place beyond human knowledge, beyond insanity, the World and the Other violate, rape, defile each other.
Over and over again.
Still they continue.
Still they return.
Forever into the future, forever into the past.
Yes, it is being trapped within the Infinite Samsara.

Gunshin Kyoshuu - Chapter 1 - Duel in Space said:
虚無(きよむ)――あるいは〝虚夢(きよむ)〟と言うべきか。
人間の想像力を無限に希釈(きしやく)し、無そのものに等しくする無量の静謐(せいひつ)。
意志と生命の存在を許さぬ、圧倒(あっとう)的な無機の空間。
その背後には、幾(いく)千万の星々が小さな光を灯(とも)している。
至近距離(きより)から見るならば、それらのひとつひとつが、生命を創造し、あるいは灼(や)き滅(ほろ)ぼす、神の力の顕現(けんげん)だ。
だが、恒星(ほし)の命とて、永遠ではない。宇宙という果てなき虚無は、星々の輝(かがゃ)きすらも、やがては闇(やみ)の色に塗(ぬ)り込(こ)めようとする。
光と闇の戦いは、闇の勝利に終わる運命(さだめ)なのか。
……否(いな)!
〝否〟と叫(さけ)ぶその意志が、またひとつ、虚無の中に瞬(またた)く新たな光芒(ほし)を創造(つく)る。

Void----Or should it be "dream"?
The infinite tranquility akin to the embodiment of emptiness dilutes human's imagination to infinity.
The overwhelming inhospitable space forbids the existence of will and life.
On its background are the small shining lights from tens of millions of stars.
When looking from a close distance, each of those stars can create or even destroy life.
Yet, even the life of a star isn't eternal. The endless emptiness that is the universe would eventually drown even the light of the stars into pure darkness.
Is it providence that darkness is bound to emerge victorious in the battle of Light and Darkness?
……No!
The will which shouts against also forges yet another instantaneous light (star) amidst the emptiness.

This is from the primary universe where most of Zanma Taisei and Kishin Houkou takes place, hence, it will be used as a standard to scale other universes to.
To further strengthen this argument that universes in Demonbane Mythos are infinite in space and eternal in time, here I introduce to you the Imaginary Number Catapult and its abilities, which suggest the primary universe has infinite points in space and infinite points in time.

In addition, the summoning of Demonbane via Imaginary Number Catapult converted the trio's existence throughout all across all points of space that are possible to exist, while Al manipulates quantum probability allows matter which can not exists at certain point exists and turning probability infinitely closer to zero into "1". From here, we can conclude that a single universe of Demonbane verse should consists of infinite possibilities.

i.imgur.com/cdGuchZ.png
i.imgur.com/h23Zm2E.png
i.imgur.com/bxezTK8.png
i.imgur.com/VaXMN4n.png
i.imgur.com/fAVkYGX.png

「それで……格納庫で異常事態が発生したと聞きましたが」
「はい。虚数展開カタパルトが稼動を始めています」
「……何故?まさか侵入者?」
「――不明です。施設のコントロールは完全に奪取されています。こちらからではモニタするのが精一杯です」
「電力を遮断しなさい。魔力炉の緊急停止を許可します」
「既にブレーカーが作動しとります。しかし、その……」
「カタパルトは格納庫内部の、まったく独立した動力源から電力の供給を受けとるんですわ」
「あ、有り得ないですわ! そんな大電力、一体どこから……」
「……デモンベイン本体です」
「!?」
「魔導回路を、捕捉しきれないほどの高密度情報が循環しています。機体が……稼働しているのです」
「そ、そんな……デモンベインは魔導書が無ければ、動かないのに。誰がどうやって……」
「虚数展開カタパルト、作動します!」
その表面に刻まれた魔法陣が輝き、やがて全体が眩い閃光を発した。
「――全ての構成元素が無限速度に到達しました。デモンベイン、偏在化します」
「反応が……消えた?」
「消えたのとは違います。虚数展開された物質は確率上の概念として、あらゆる空間に存在している状態でして……」
「ほら! 箱の中の猫と同じで」
「それで! 何処に行ったのですか!?」
「あっ、タキオンカウンター作動しましたです!」
「――選択された確率事象から出現位置が逆算できます。少々お待ちを」
「……くっ」
「うわぁぁぁぁぁっ!? ななな、何!? 何が起こってんだ!?」
空間が、歪んでいた。
目に映るもの全てが、捩れ、波打ち、渦を巻く。
立っている感覚が怪しい。揺れているようでもあり、回転しているようでもあり、はたまた逆さまに立っているようでもある。
自分の声すら近くから、遠くから、四方八方から聴こえてくる感じ。五感の全てがアベコベでデタラメで、確かな手掛かりが無い。
「えぇい、狼狽えるな見苦しい。ただの空間転移だ」
……空間転移だって?
確かにコレ、古典的なワープ描写っぽい感じがあるが。
「今『居る』我等を、こうして『居るかもしれなかった』空間総てに拡げた後、何処なりと指定した座標に『居た』事にする……」
「つまりは、そう云う意味だ」
「はあぁぁっ? 何だそりゃ? 全然、ワケ分かんねえよっ!?」
「お喋りは此処までだ。実空間に顕現するぞ」
「だから、もうちと分かりやすく……うおおおおおっ!?」
「よぉぉぉぉいっしょっと! ……ふー、よーやくハッチが開いたよ」
「おーい、ストーン君。無事かぁぁぁい?」
「……おお、生きていた生きていた。まったく頑丈だねぇ、君は」
「……伊達に鍛えてはおりませんので。それよりネス警部! 破壊ロボはどうしたでありますか!?」
「あー、さっきまではメタトロンと戦っていたみたいだが……今はどーしてるんだ?」
「何かを追っていたみたいだったが……ん?」
「何だぁ? また地響きがしやがる」
「……っ? 耳鳴りがしますが……」
「耳鳴りだって……?」
「んんん……?」
「逆算結果、来たで!」
「デモンベインの出現地点は、シティ58番区上空600メートル……って、破壊ロボットの間近やないか!?」
「えっ!?」
「何をするつもりなんですかぁぁぁっ!?」
何も無いはずの虚空に、たった今、途方にも無い質量の気配が生じた。
天を仰げば分かるだろう。
蜃気楼の如く、揺らめく月と――巨大な影。
揺らぐ影は徐々に色を増し、厚みを得て、存在を確固たるものにする。
「ををををををっ!?」
「何が起こっているのでありますか!?」
其処に在り得べからざる物質が、存在する無限小の可能性。限り無く『0』に近い確率が集積され、完全なる『1』を実現する。
巨大な何かが、強大な力を秘めた何かが、今、顕現しようとしていた。
「デモンベイン、実空間に事象固定化……衝撃波、来ますっ!」
「――――ッ!」
空間が、圧倒的質量に弾き飛ばされ、爆砕した。

"So…… I heard that something unusual is happening in the hangar."
"Yes. The imaginary expansion catapult is powering up."
"……Why? Can it be that someone's infiltrated?"
"----Unknown. We've completely lost control of that facility. The most we can do is use the monitors."
"Cut the power. I approve emergency shutdown of the magic reactor."
"We've already activated the breakers, but……"
"The catapult and hangar are receiving power from a completely independent source."
"T-that's impossible! Where could such power be coming from……?"
"……From Demonbane itself"
"!?"
"Information of a higher density than we can capture is cycling through its magic circuits. The machine…… has activated."
"T-that's…… Demonbane can't move without a grimoire. Who…… how……"
"The Imaginary Number Expansion Catapult is activating!"
The magic pattern on its face flashes, and soon the entire thing is shining with light.
"----All elements have reached infinite speed. Demonbane is being distributed."
"The response has…… vanished?"
"Not exactly vanished. Matter that's gone through imaginary expansion exists as a probability concept at all points in space……"
"You know! Like the cat in the box."
"So where has it gone!?"
"Ah, the tachyon counter is responding!"
"----We can calculate the destination from the chosen probability phenomenons. Just a moment……"
"……Kuh."
"Uwaaaaaa!? W-w-w-what!? What the hell's going on!?"
Space has warped.
Everything I see is twisting, pulsating, whirling.
I'm not sure if I'm standing. I feel like I'm swaying, spinning, and turning upside down.
I hear my own voice coming from all directions and distances. All my senses have gone completely insane, leaving me without a handle on reality.
"Stop your unseemly wailing! It's just a spacial shift."
I hear Al's annoyed voice from everywhere at once.
……Spacial shift?
Yeah, I guess it does look kind of like one of those movie warps.
"Once our current [presence] has been spread throughout all the spaces that [possible to exist], we will select a specific location to become [present] at once again……"
"That's all there is to it."
"Haaaaa? What's that? I don't get it at all!"
"Enough talking. We're about to manifest in real space."
"Come on, just speak English alrea…… Uwoooooh!?"
"Aaaaand there! ……Haa, I finally got the hatch open."
"Hey, Stone-kun, you alriiiight?"
"……Ohh, you're still alive. You sure are tough."
"……I haven't been training for nothing. More importantly, Inspector Ness! What's happened with the robot!?"
"Ahh, it was fighting with Metatron until a little while ago…… I wonder where it is now. It looked like it was after something…… Hm?"
"What? The ground's shaking again."
"……? It's like there's a buzzing in my ears……"
"Hmmm……?"
"Calculations completed!"
"Demonbane will manifest 600 meters above City Sector 58…… Hey, isn't that right next to the destroyer robot!?"
"Eh!?"
"What's it going to doooo!?"
In a patch of sky that had been empty until now, the aura of something massive is born.
Look into the heavens and see.
The moon wavers like a mirage----as does a vast shape.
The shape steadily gains color and thickness, becoming a definite presence.
"Ooooooh!?"
"What in the world is happening!?"
That matter cannot, must not exist there, yet there is an infinitesimal probability that it does. That probability, infinitely close to [0], is now becoming a perfect [1]. Something gigantic, hiding enormous power within, is now making itself manifest.
"Demonbane is becoming fixed in real space…… Shockwave incoming!"
"-------!"
The air is suddenly blasted away, displaced by the overwhelming mass.

Yes, the Imaginary Number Catapult accelerates the fundamental elements of the trio to infinite speed and transforms them to exist in all possible spatial coordinations. And, Daijuuji Kurou and Al on Hunting Horror were also use the device to become infinite possibilities in all of space-time, so this seals the infinite coordinations in space and time.

Leica Crusade's Route - Chapter 13 said:
i.imgur.com/ypUpjIa.png
i.imgur.com/l293wwq.png

虚数展開カタパルト内の魔術回路が作動し、強大な魔導エネルギーが巡り出す。カタパルト起動。同時に俺たちは、無限の可能性となって、総ての時空上に拡散された。
「何処にでも存在し得る」ハンティング・ホラーは、アーカムシティ上空で実数「1」となって、実体を得る。

The magic circuits within the Imaginary Number Catapult activated and an enormous flow of magical energy circulated to activate the device. In the same moment, we became infinite possibilities and were dissolved to all of spacetime.
Hunting Horror that [can exist anywhere], becomes a real [1] and acquires substance on the sky of Arkham City.

And for some toppling, the trio also manifested from infinite existence and infinite nonexistence from Imaginary Number Catapult, which to indicate the mainstream universe alone holds infinite existence and infinite nonexistence, which is not a surprise because Sandalphon and Hunting Horror were riding between many worlds and many phases, where both are nonexistence entities to the reality, yet reality was also seen as nonexistence to them, hence they were able to avoid being destroyed by the dormant avatar of Cthulhu.

Hadou Ruri's Route - Chapter 14 said:
無限の存在と未存在が一なる存在に結晶する。
喚びかけに応え、唯一、地球最凶の邪悪に拮抗する正義が顕現する。
衝撃波と共に実体を結ぶ50メートルの巨人は、その左手に焔える魔銃を握っていた。

Infinite existence and infinite nonexistence condensed into a singular entity.
The only and one justice that opposes the greatest evil on Earth manifested to response to the prayer.
A 50 meters giant formed alongside a shockwave, holding a flaming magic gun on its left hand.

Leica Crusade's Route - Chapter 14 said:
世界が衝撃の闇に眩む。
逃れられる筈の無い滅びだった。爆発は一瞬にして世界を呑み込んだ。サンダルフォンを呑み込んだ。ハンティング・ホラーを呑み込んだ。
そして――滅びの宿命に制圧された世界の只中を、サンダルフォンとハンティング・ホラーは疾走していた。
「何だと……?」
存在を塵と変える、強大な存在力。
だが黒い天使と鋼鉄の狩人は、現実から僅かにずれた異相に在った。
世界にとって、サンダルフォンの存在は、別の世界が照り返した、ただの影に過ぎない。そしてサンダルフォンにとっての世界もまた、同様であった。
存在しながら存在しない。世界の狭間を疾走している。
「……貴様の仕業か」
自らが駆る鋼鉄の獣に、黒の天使は問う。
応えは無い。
ただ無機質な実体を、彼の元で結んでいるだけだ。
「つくづく不気味な化物だな、貴様は。はははははははっ!」
兇暴な笑みを浮かべ、忌まわしき狩人共は、異界の狭間を疾走する。
世界を隔てる幻の向こう、消滅するアーカムシティが、幽玄と揺らめいた。

The world was dazzled in the darkness of impact.
It was an inevitable destruction. The explosion swallowed the world in an instant. It engulfed even Sandalphon and Hunting Horror.
Next----Sandalphon and Hunting Horror were running at maximum speed, amidst a world consumed by the fate of destruction.
"How the……?"
A mighty existential force alters his existence to a dust.
Yet, the angel in black and hunter in steel were existed in another phase that slightly deviated from reality.
To the world, Sandalphon was merely a shadow reflected by another world. Likewise, so was the world to Sandalphon.
He was in the state of existence and nonexistence simultaneously. Still, he continued to stride in the spaces between worlds.
"…….Is this your doing?"
The angel in black asked the beast of steel he was driving.
There was no answer.
He himself was simply connected to the inhumane entity.
"What a creepy monster you are. Hahahahahahaha……!"
Alongside his ferocious laugh, the both otherworldly hunters dashed through the spaces between alternate worlds.
From beyond the phantom that separates the worlds, the vanishing Arkham City shimmered in tranquil beauty.

It goes without saying that each universe has their own parallel universes, as according to Cosmology, the Heart of Infinity is the powersource of many Deus Machinas that draw power from many parallel universes or even "infinity", which is either a hint for infinite parallel universes, or from Absolute Infinity or Philosophical Infinity, these concepts are acknowledged to be building blocks of Demonbane Mythos so nothing changes much.

As told also by Cosmology, each Deus Machina hails from respective universes, which are multiverses unto themselves since they have (possible infinite) parallel universes for Deus Machina's Heart of Infinity to draw power from, and Deus Machinas are also metaconceptual entities, whose actuality resides in a Platonic spiritual dimension that encompasses the material dimension, where their physical shell is merely a reflection of the superlogical and nondual mass of substance in that spiritual dimension.

We also cannot forget about the inbetween worlds in normal universes as told by Cosmology, or the Non-Euclidean Geometry, which is a (silly) blanket term made by Lovecraft to denote dimensions other than our three dimensions of space and one dimension of time, which suggests the existence of multiple higher dimensions within a universe, and a magician's ability to perceive, manipulate and control them, as dealing with higher dimensions beyond mundane reality is elementary qualitification for a magician.

EDIT: To add spice to the appetizer, individual universes in Demonbane Mythos is home to an endless hierarchy of stories, which are universes to reflect each individual's worldview because without a story, a being cannot exist in any sense, and stated by the author, the stories from countless living beings of diverse backgrounds are always branching countlessly and infinitely in its diversity and the branches from those stories also create an endlessly more series of stories of their own diversity, furthering augumenting that all things in Demonbane Mythos is infinite x infinite (Mainstream Multiverse).
Which is to say, a universe in Demonbane Mythos also has its own infinity hierarchy of stories, worlds, branches and universes.

Stories are one of the most important elements in Demonbane's cosmology and power scaling. Depending on the context, stories can refer to many different structures of the Demonbane universe, at the most basic level, they represent worlds/universes of living beings.

The number of stories equals the number of existing weavers. The ability to create stories is not exclusive to only magicians but is a universal ability granted to every living being, each person in the world has a story of their own according to their worldview, and without a story, one can not exist.

i.imgur.com/FtMiDhC.png
i.imgur.com/HfSWNpZ.png
i.imgur.com/QzcbXZP.png
i.imgur.com/TIdxc8d.png
i.imgur.com/qstlE5i.png
i.imgur.com/hefyCOg.png
i.imgur.com/ZnEEI8A.png
i.imgur.com/2P2VMta.png
i.imgur.com/Cmj2Z3S.png
i.imgur.com/ndprUEg.png
i.imgur.com/i6G5ajK.png

言葉は魔術だ。
             物語は世界だ。
魔術(コトバ)を紡いで、物語(セカイ)を創る。
魔術師に限ったことではない。
ヒトは個々の世界観に従って、生きる。
言葉がヒトに世界を与えるのだ。
ヒトの数だけセカイは存在し、物語(セカイ)なくしてヒトは生きられぬ。
外道の血脈たる私とて、同じことだ。
私は私の世界を創る。
私の言葉で世界を紡ぐ。
私の思念で世界を築く。
私が私である限り、何人も私の物語を止めることは出来ない。
さあ、世界よ。
私の物語(セカイ)を受け入れよ。
私が求める物語は――
          「悪徳!」
          「悪徳!」
          「悪徳の坩堝を!」
私の世界は、それ以外に形を成し得ない。
私の言葉は呪詛だ。
私の思念は怨嗟だ。
私が紡ぎ、築き、創るのは、ただ堕ちゆくだけの救われざる物語。
さあ、世界よ。
堕胎(おと)されし蛭子(ヒルコ)が、怨念により編み上げた物語(セカイ)を享け入れよ。
数多(あまた)の世界を苗床(イケニエ)として、私の物語(セカイ)を育もう。
愛も悦びも安息も享楽も総て、甘く腐爛(ふらん)する苦痛より産み落とされるのだ。

Words are magic.
Stories are worlds.
By weaving the magic (words), stories (worlds) are being created.
And not just limited to the magicians.
But even the people who live in accordance with their own individual world view.
Words grant to people the worlds.
There are as many worlds as the number of people, and without stories (worlds) people cannot exist.
The same goes for me who has the unholy bloodline.
I create my own world.
I spin the world with my own words.
I build the world with my own thoughts.
No one will ever be able stop my story, as long as I can be myself.
Come now, o' world.
Let's accept my story (world).
The story that I seek is----
"Vice!"
"Corruption!"
"The crucible of immorality!"
My world cannot take any other form.
My words are curses.
My thoughts are hatred.
The very thing that I created, built, and spun is a story without any salvation only to be ruined.
Come now, o' world.
To the Ebisu (Hiruko) that has been aborted, receive the story (world) woven by hatred.
Let's nurture my story (world) using countless of worlds as seedbeds (sacrifices).
Love, joy, comfort and pleasure, all of them are laid from the sweet yet rotten agony.

We've settled that there are infinite stories in Demonbane Mythos. Following the afterwords of Gunshin Kyoushuu, in the Jin Haganeya's commentary section, he made it clear that the stories are branched into a countless, infinite number of varieties, these stories are coming from those who spin on the tales of Demonbane Mythos and not just limited to one person even if that was our original author, but from a writer, a painter, a narrator, a singer, a performer, a reader, or a listener,… In short, anyone can tell the stories themselves and each of their stories will diverge into countless stories. The stories of "Demonbane" will keep branching infinitely and from these branches will diverge into another infinite then rinse and repeat, as long as they are being told by anyone, including we, the readers (Yes, Jin Haganeya said directly to us. We readers are those who built the very Mythos of Demonbane universe) . Furthermore, they are also continued to other medias like Kishin Houkou's anime adaptation, which low-key confirmed that every works of Demonbane, be it Visual Novels, Light Novels, Anime or Manga are all part of the main canon.

さて、神話(サーガ)とは一柱の神や一介の英雄によって創られるものではありません。人々の心の中にこそ生まれるものです。各々がその内に宿す「物語」を語り、また語られることで各々の、無数の、千差万別の「物語」が交じり合い、神話(サーガ)は創られてゆくのです。かつてプロヴィデンスの少年が見た悪夢が、巨大な神話となって今もなお発展し続けているように。
『デモンベイン」もまた神話(サーガ)に宿り、また神話(サーガ)を宿しているというのならば、それは独りが――たとえば原作者である自分が単独で創ったものではありません。書き手、描き手、語り手、歌い手、演じ手、読み手、聞き手……無数の「物語」の交差によって創られたものなのです。
そのような想いを込めて、自分(ニトロプラス)は「斬魔大聖デモンベイン』(あるいは『機神咆吼デモンベイン』)の後日談にあたるPCゲーム『機神飛翔デモンベイン』を製作しました。このゲームは「デモンベイン」に関わった多くの人々の影響を受けた物語なのです。
その最も端的な例として、古橋氏による外伝小説第一弾『機神胎動』とリンクしている点が挙げられます。『機神飛翔』では過去のマスター・オブ・ネクロノミコンであるはずのアズラッドが登場し、九郎やアルと轡を並べて戦います。
また『機神飛翔』をプレイしていただいた皆様は既にお気づきかと思いますが、本書『軍神強襲』もた『機神飛翔』とリンクしています。
古橋氏のおかげで『デモンベイン』はかくも豊かな物語に育ってくれました。

無論、古橋氏だけではありません。TVアニメ版「機神咆吼デモンベイン』をはじめとして『デモンベイン」の物語は無数の枝へと分岐していきます。そしてその枝の一本一本に無数の人々の、無数の想いが実ります。それは直接的であれ間接的であれ、互いに影響を及ぼし合い、次の新たなる物語を創り出す糧となるのです。
この、総ての物語を繋ぐ巨大な輪こそが壮大な神話(サーガ)そのものです。我々は皆、その中を生きているのです。

ほんの少しだけネタバレになりますが、本書の終盤で古橋氏は冷酷にも「最初から最後まで、意味と言えるものは一切なかった」と断じます。しかし、そのように断じておきながらラストの一文で「そこにいる」と強く訴えています。
然り。人の「物語る」意志もまた消えることはありません。
語り継ぐ者がいるかぎり。聞き届ける者がいるかぎり。
動く者がいるかぎり。見守る者がいるかぎり。
彼がいるかぎり。彼女がいるかぎり。
私がここにいるかぎり。貴方がそこにいるかぎり――

『デモンベイン神話(サーガ)』の紡ぎ手たちに、ありったけの感謝を。

Now then, the Mythos (Saga) is not built by a single God or a single Hero. But rather they were born in the heart of the people. Each person told the "stories" that resided within them, and in addition to each one being told, countless, infinite variety of [stories] blended together and thus the Mythos (Saga) is being formed. Just like the nightmare that the young boy of Providence once dreamed of, it has turned into a great Mythos and continue to develop even at this moment.

If [Demonbane] also harbors the Mythos (Saga) and at the same time dwelled by the Mythos (Saga), then it was not created by a single person----for example by myself alone as the original author. It was created by the intersection of countless [stories]…… Like a writer, a painter, a narrator, a singer, a performer, a reader, and a listener.
With that thought in mind, I myself (Nitroplus) made the PC Game [Kishin Hishou Demonbane] which is the sequel of [Zanma Taisei Demonbane] (or [Kishin Houkou Demonbane]). This game is the story that has received impact from many people working on [Demonbane].
As a prime example of that, the fact that it is linked with the first Side Story Novel written by Mr. Furuhashi, [Kishin Taidou] can be brought up. In [Kishin Hishou] Azrad who was supposed to be the past Master of Necronomicon made an appearance, then he fought side by side along with Kurou and Al.
Additionally, I think everyone who has bought and played [Kishin Hishou] already aware, that [Kishin Hishou] is also linked with this book – [Gunshin Kyoushuu].
[Demonbane] has grown into such a rich story all thanks to Mr. Furuhashi.

Indeed, it's not just Mr. Furuhashi alone. The story of [Demonbane] starting with the TV anime version of [Kishin Houkou Demonbane] diverged into countless branches. And each and every branch bears the fruit of innumerable feelings of innumerable people. They mutually affected each other, whether directly or indirectly, and matured for the creation of the next new story.
This great ring that connected all stories no doubt is the grandly Mythos (Saga) itself. We are all living inside this.

This might come as a bit of spoiler, but at the end of this book Mr. Furuhashi coldly declared that "From the start to the end, nothing can be said to be meaningful at all.". However, while concluding so he strongly appealed us [to be there] right in the last sentence.
That's right. The will [to tell] of a person will too never gonna disappear.
As long as there is someone who keeps telling. As long as there is someone who keeps listening.
As long as there is someone who keeps moving. As long as there is someone who keeps watching.
As long as he is there. As long as she is there.
As long as I am here. As long as you are here----
To the weavers of [Demonbane Mythos (Saga)], I sincerely thank you all.

As the scale of most parts of Zanma Taisei/Kishin Houkou are limited to the mainstream universe, it is certain despite how immense the scale of all these factors, they are only characteristics and a part of the spacetime structure the mainstream universe built on.
Thus, I will say this again and again, all of these can and will apply to other universes unless said otherwise.

What all of these entitle to?
That means Mainstream Universe is infinite and eternal, houses multiple higher dimensions, contains many (or infinite) parallel counterparts, innumerable inbetween worlds, hidden dimensions, "infinite existence/infinite nonexistence", Platonic Realm-like spiritual dimension that encompasses all that is material dimension, an endless hierarchy of stories, worlds and universes of immeasurable diversities that also branching infinitely to create a further unlimitedly more stories, worlds and universes of likewise immeasurable diversities, etc and etc.

Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis have the mass and energy (and likely size) to outright destroy several of similar universes as collateral damage.

The Huge Universe would not only house what is an immensely larger counterpart of Mainstream Universe's spacetime structure, but also home to infinitely infinite atoms and molecules that respectively comparable or superior the mass and energy (and the size) to destroy several similar universes, imagine beings capable of destroying/creating spacetime structure of such scale and become less than single molecule in Huge Universe.

Even so,
You know what?

The Huge Universe was nothing to later victims,

そして――
彼らが飛ばされたのは、遅い宇宙だった。
ここでは時間の流れはタールのように重く、両者の時間操作能力を以てしても動かし難かった。
互いの技の発生から到達までが、はっきりと認識できる。防御も反撃も、充分に間に合う。
そこには〝反応速度〟という概念は存在せず、詰め将棋のような完璧な戦術のみが勝負を決し得るのだった。

Next----
They were sent to a slow universe.
Here, the flow of time was heavy like tar, even movement was hard even with time manipulation ability of theirs.
They can clearly perceive another's techniques from occurrence to arrival. Therefore, they are always in time for both defense and counterattack.
The concept of "reaction speed" does not exist in here, only perfect tactics like tsumeshogi could decide the outcome.

The Slow Universe has a spacetime structure with so much restriction that Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis could hardly move with time manipulation. Yes, you heard me, it is not Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis can hardly by themselves, but this is already with the assistance of De Marigny's Clock, a powerful artefact that can manipulate space, time and causality to the most fundamental scale on the scale of universes!

Imagine this, both Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis were able to move without De Marigny's Clock and even destroy the Huge Universe with a powerful technique, yet, within this Slow Universe, not even De Marigny's Clock can help with them even for basic movements.
Imagine this, what kind of universe with laws of reality so powerful to restrict beings that can destroy and create a universe of infinitely infinite entities comparable, or stronger than beings that can destroy and create many universes like the mainstream universes to barely able to move even with time manipulation abilities?

そして――
彼らが飛ばされたのは、死の宇宙だった。
完全な熱的平衡を迎え、時間的にも空間的にも完全に安定した、なにも起こりようがない世界だった。
物質は存在せず、エネルギーは存在せず、デモンベインもリベル・レギスも、存在することはできなかった。
だが、彼らは存在によることなく、行動によることなく、通常の宇宙に存在する者には想像すらつかない手段で闘争を続行した。

Next----
They were sent to a dead universe.
It was a world where nothing could happen, with perfect thermodynamic equilibrium and complete stability in time and space.
Matter did not exist, energy did not exist, even Demonbane or Liber Legis did not exist.
Yet, they continued to fight, without existence or without action, simply by ways unimaginable to beings in ordinary universes.

The Dead Universe is a universe of pure nonexistence where even Demonbane and Liber Legis cannot exist and still serves a battlefield between the very Deus Machinas that blasted the Slow Universe to oblivion, this does make you to wonder what kind of hostile universe to able to render those can destroy Slow Universe to nonexistence?
The Dead Universe has a complete stable space and time and where nothing could happen seems to indicate the difficulty to manipulate spacetime here outclasses the Slow Universe to every aspect and possible immense restrictions on altering the reality of this universe due to "nothing could happen", although Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis can still fight as nonexistence entities, lesser beings than them might cease to be forever upon entering this universe.

It goes without saying by rules, Dead Universe >>> Slow Universe >>> Huge Universe, as the previous transcends the later and Demonbane and Liber Legis continues to move to more otherworldly and transcendental universes and dimensions in their fight that lasted for an eternity.
Remember, these three universes are the amongst earliest victims in Cosmic Fight, they are nothing to the countless and infinite universes and dimensions that Demonbane and Liber Legis landed into, destroyed and created countless upon countless times until they arrived to Hyperdimension to be deleted by Nyarlathotep.

In conclusion,
  • The Mainstream Universe has these traits - infinite in space, eternal in time, endless coordinations of spacetime, endless possibilities, many (possible infinite) parallel universes, boundless existence/nonexistence, subsidiary hidden universes of innumerable parallel worlds that house Deus Machinas, Platonic Realm-like spiritual dimension that encompasses the material dimension, multitudes of Non-Eucllidean Geometry (higher dimensions than three dimensions of space and one dimension of time), uncountable phases and worlds of diverse types such as nightmare worlds, fantasy worlds, nonexistence worlds, etc
  • As stated by author, the Mainstream Universe also has its own endless hierarchy of stories, worlds and universes of infinite diversities from countless living beings from diverse backgrounds, be that a mortal (such as a poet, a singer, a worker, etc) or a magician as a universal ability to sustain the existence and meaning of themselves, and those stories, worlds and universes are likewise, also branching into another endless hierarchy to form an infinitely infinite hierarchy of stories, worlds and universes of endless diversities.
  • As this is the mainstream universe, its traits will be common for all other universes until said otherwise.
  • The Huge Universe is where beings with mass and energy to obliterate many similar universes are less than a single molecule, which might suggest creators and destroyers of universes similar to Mainstream Universe are as much as atoms in the Huge Universe.
  • The Huge Universe should share these similar traits, and naturally, also should house an infinitely infinite amount of entities comparable and stronger creators and destroyers of universes similar to Mainstream Universe, and those entities are essentially normal molecules and atoms in the Huge Universe.
  • Yet, Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis still destroyed the Huge Universe.
  • The Slow Universe transcends even the Huge Universe, as its sheer spacetime structure was so restrictive the Demonbane and Liber Legis that destroyed the Huge Universe can barely able to move despite already utilizing their spacetime manipulation artefact - De Marigny's Clock.
  • Yet, Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis still destroyed the Slow Universe.
  • The Dead Universe transcends even the Slow Universe, as its nature of pure nonexistence renders Demonbane and Liber Legis to nonexistence, although that does not stop them to continue to fight, it does speak some volume when a universe was so strange that beings can destroy the Slow Universe were unable to exist. Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis might able to defy its laws of reality, but lesser beings than them would simply cease to be, and its spacetime being complete stable suggests the degree to manipulate spacetime in Dead Universe vastly outclasses the Slow Universe.
  • Yet, Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis still destroyed the Dead Universe.
  • Yet, Huge Universe, Slow Universe and Dead Universe are merely some of the earliest victims, utterly insigificant casualties amongst countless other transcendental and otherworldly universes, dimensions and worlds in the eternal Cosmic Fight between Super Demonbane and Super Liber Legis.

Possible Additions

Before reading this part, I would suggest to read the "Magician", "Grimoire" and "Deus Machina" in Terminology and this article for context. This part is simply a food for thought, and may or may not be applicable to an individual universe since it is a bit on vague side, hence, "possible additions".

As suggested by this article I made a few days ago, that magic has infinite layers of abyss, where a magician can peer into a far distant world and far deeper universe as they traverse deeper into the infinite abyss until they reach the end and beyond to begin a move to the domain of gods.
However, there is a dilemma - we know magic is universal to all of Demonbane Mythos, does that apply to infinite abyss of the world of mortals though?

This dilemma was never explained fully nor is pose to major significance, but as long as it is a food for thought, so it must be included. If you are done with reading relevant links then time to move to Cosmic Horror on the section about Whateley Brothers,

The most notable examples are Wilbur Whateley and his younger brother – Yog Whateley, which also known as the Dunwich Horror. Both Wilbur and Dunwich Horror are came from "beyond the infinity". Wilbur Whateley is the monster that terrorized Kurou when he first stepped into Miskatonic's Secret Library. In their encounter, Kurou is being tormented by Wilbur at the end of infinite abyss, where he is infinitely burned by colors of every kind and colors that doesn't belong to any system in the Chaos of space-time. Even his identity and recogniztion are returning and regenerating infinitely. Eventually Kurou's ego is scattered across the universe and banished into the "domain of gods".

For Yog Whateley – the Dunwich Horror, it is far stronger than its brother as its sheer size alone is about ten-stories building. Yog Whateley is an invisible monster that can only be visible upon contacting with the power of Ibn Ghazi (the same powder for Cthugha's bullets). Similar to its brother, Yog Whateley can casually distort space-time, collapsing the barrier between Other world and reality. The stench from Yog Whateley can not only destroy your body, but also your soul. When Armitage looked at Whateley's gaze, his heart is ruined and his blood has turned into poison and polluted his body. To destroy a Cosmic Horror like the Dunwich Horror, one must master powerful Grimoires as well as magic weapons that could surpass its strength.

i.imgur.com/ZrkQdAz.png
i.imgur.com/PfbaD6m.png
i.imgur.com/EbT1dcV.png
i.imgur.com/0FrJGE8.png
i.imgur.com/AAJwBYu.png

――あんな怪異を、目の当たりにしてしまっては。
初めての、魔導書閲覧の日。
秘密図書館、本棚に並ぶ錚々たる顔触れ――
『エルトダウン・シャーズ』
『ポナペ島経典』
『サセックス草稿』
『グラーキ黙示録』
『フサンの七秘聖典』
『深海祭祀書』
『イステの歌』
『グ=ハーン断章』
『断罪の書』
『黄衣の王』
『ドール賛歌』
『ヴォイニッチ写本』
……その前を通るだけでも俺は緊張し、圧倒され、何度もその場に蹲り、息を切らした。
想像以上だった。
魔導書から放たれる……いや、むしろ迸るような妖気の濃厚さ。
こんなのを浴びているだけで、どうにかなってしまいそうだった。
こんなことで『書』に目を通したら、どうなってしまうことやら……。
それでも俺は起き上がり、歩き続けた。
こんなところで挫けてたまるものか。
だって俺が閲覧を許された本は、あの世界最高位の禁書――
何処かで夜鷹が啼いた。
そして、出遭ったのだ――あの怪異に。
「うわあああああああああ! あああああああああああああ!」
図書館に忍び込んだ賊は、あの人間の皮を一枚被っただけの怪異は、口から何処の世界のものとも知れぬ言葉を呟き、ヒトの皮を捨て、ヒトの容から溢れ出す。
爬虫類の鱗に覆われたかのような、上半身が。
毛むくじゃらの下半身が。恐竜を連想させる脚が。
腹部から生える無数の、吸盤のついた触角が。
尻から生える尻尾が――むしろ、触腕と云うべきか――溢れ出す。
現実に滲み込む。
世界を侵略する。
今、俺の目の前で、悪夢じみた異界が怒涛と押し寄せてきた。
「YuGsOoooGgGGGoooooooTH! JOooOOOOgsHoOOoThooooOOOOooooth!」
吼える。
異界の詞で。
存在してはいけない音を形成して。
呪いが現実世界に感染する。
「~~~~~~ッッ!」
山羊の貌が、嗤った。
妖気が一気に噴き出した。
悪臭が、俺の体内に流れ込んだ。
全身を襲う激痛。脳を灼く苦痛。
妖気が、怪異が、俺を凌辱する。
「――――――――――!」
搾り出した叫びは音にならなかったのか、俺の耳には届かなかった。
崩れてゆく。
溶けてゆく。
怪異が、狂気が、邪悪が、俺の魂を貪ってゆく。
闇。
極彩色の闇。
俺を呑み込み、包み込む。
崩れてゆく自我が宇宙に霧散して、広がって。
溶けゆくココロが宇宙に溢れて、ない交ぜになって。
皮肉にもそれは、ヒトの器を超えた世界。
アホみたく無邪気に憧れていた、神の領域。
「そう。此処はいずれ君が辿り着く世界。辿り着くべき世界。その入り口。深淵の入り口……心の傷痕だ」
「この日、ミスカトニック大学で、あのダンウィッチで生まれた怪異と遭遇した時、君に刻まれた亀裂」
「その向こうに深淵が広がっている。闇黒が溢れ出している」
「さあ、今一度、深淵を覗き込もう。闇黒に目を凝らそう」
「今の君になら見える筈だ。君が辿り着くべき、宇宙の姿が――」

Such baseless, futile, frail, and pitiful confidence was crushed so easily as a matter of course.
----From seeing such an Other.
My first day of inspecting grimoires.
The secret library, shelves lined with only the finest----
[Eltdown Shards].
[Ponape Scripture].
[Sussex Fragments].
[Revelations of Glaaki].
[The Seven Cryptical Books of Hsan].
[Unter Zee Kulten].
[Song of Yste].
[G'harne Fragments].
[Liber Damnatus Damnationum].
[The King in Yellow].
[Dhole Chants].
[Voynich Manuscript].
……Just passing by them makes me nervous and exerts such pressure on me that multiple times I fall to the floor gasping for breath.
It's far beyond anything I had imagined.
Dense phantasmal energy is oozing…… no, rather surging from the grimoires.
Just being soaked in such a thing alone feels like it would do me over.
What would happen if I went so far as to open one of these [books]…….
But even then, I get up and keep walking.
I can't give up here.
The book I was given permission to read was the greatest forbidden book, written by the Mad Arab----
A nighthawk cries in the distance.
And then I meet it----that Other.
"Uwaaaaaaaaaah! Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!"
The thing that has snuck into the library is an Other wearing the skin of man, he utters in an otherworldly tongue, discards his human exterior, and spills out of the human form.
His torso is as if covered in reptilian scales.
His lower half is hairy. And his legs reminiscent of a dinosaur.
Countless tentacles grow out of his stomach, covered in suction cups.
And growing out of his rear, a tail----or maybe I should call it a tendril----comes spilling out.
He seeps into reality.
He invades the World.
The nightmarish world of the Other comes surging in before my eyes.
"YuGsOoooGgGGGoooooooTH! JOooOOOOgsHoOOoThooooOOOOooooth!"
It howls.
In an otherworldly verse.
Forming sounds that should not be.
Inflicting a curse upon the real world.
"~~~~~~!!!"
The goat face laughs.
Monstrous energy comes flooding out.
A repulsive smell permeates my body.
Immense pain washes over me. Searing pain fries my brain.
The horror, the Other, violates me.
"--------------------!"
I yell, but maybe nothing came out as nothing reached my ears.
I'm crumbling.
I'm melting.
The Other, the madness, the evil, ravages my soul.
Darkness.
A richly-coloured darkness.
It swallows me and wraps around me.
My crumbling ego dissipates into the universe, spreading thin.
My melting heart spills into the universe, mixing up.
Ironically enough, it's a world beyond the human vessel.
The domain of gods I had so stupidly and naively coveted.
"That's right. This is a world you will eventually arrive at. A world you must arrive at. This is its entrance. The entrance to the abyss…… The scar in your soul."
"The rift carved into your heart the day you met the Other, born in Dunwich, at Miskatonic University."
"Beyond that lies a vast abyss. Darkness overflows from therein."
"Now, gaze into the abyss once more. Look closely into the darkness."
"You should be able to see it now. The form of the universe you must arrive at."

i.imgur.com/tTHf0hj.png
i.imgur.com/COp2p1p.png
i.imgur.com/lzzRuYH.png
i.imgur.com/qPqSEN0.png

一生分、走り尽くして、それでも走った。
だけど、出口には一向に辿り着かない。
おかしい。
これは、おかしい。
いくら、この秘密図書館が大きいからと云って……こんなはずは無い。
それとも俺の頭の方が、とっくにイカれてしまっているんだろうか。
……何でも良い。
そんなことは、どうだって良い。
逃げないと。
今は逃げ続けないと。
奴が追って来る。
あの吐き気を催す悪臭は、すぐそこまで迫っている。
俺のすぐ、背後にいる。
ぴったりとくっついて来ている。
今にもあの触角が、俺の躰に触れる。
逃げないと。
走った。
走った。
走った。
本棚の迷路を走った。
何処までも伸びてゆく通路を走った。
何処までも拡大してゆく迷路を走り続けた。
右に。
左に。
上に。
下に。
前に。後ろに。
逆しまに。
それ以外の角度に。
追って来る。
追って来る。
奴は、追って来る。
背中に張り付いて、離れない。
嗤っている。
俺のすぐ後ろで、あの化け物が嗤っている。
人間以外の聲で、嗤っている。
嗤っている。
俺の周囲で、本たちが嗤っている。
人間以外の聲で、けたたましく嗤っている。
夜鷹が、啼いた。
嗤う様に、啼いた。
無数の嗤い声が木霊する。
木霊する嘲笑に囲まれる。
絹を裂く様な嬌声。
無数の本が一斉に、本棚から飛び出した。
ページの紙切れを撒き散らしながら、俺を取り囲み、渦を巻き、閉じ込める。
ページが引火した。爆発的に燃え広がる。
爆炎の竜巻に、俺は呑み込まれる。
「うわああああああああ!」
焔が目まぐるしく彩を変える。
幻惑するかの如く移りゆく彩、彩、彩。
極彩色の焔。
異次元より輝く血が送り込まれ、焔は鼓動する。
紅の、白の、蒼の、金の、碧の、黒の、黄の、銀の、朱の、灰の、翠の、藍の、紫の、如何なる系統にも属さない彩の、焔が乱舞して、俺を灼く。
灼いて、灼いて、灼いて、灼いて、灼いて、灼いて、灼いて、灼いて、灼いて、灼いて、灼き尽くして、灼いて、灼いて、灼いて、灼いて、灼いて、灼いて、灼いて、灼いて、灼き尽くして、灼いて、灼い――
時空の混沌の只中、俺は無限に灼かれ続ける。
認識を灼かれ、個を灼かれ、無限に還り、再生し――
その奥で俺は。
無限の向こうに俺は、何を――
「――――――」
山羊ヅラが、すぐ間近にあった。
いつの間にか倒れた俺に、覆い被さって、そいつは俺を覗き込んでいた。
異形の躰をわななかせて、顔面いっぱいに邪悪な愉悦を行き渡らせて、そいつは俺を嘲笑った。
違う。
そいつは滑稽な俺の姿を通して、人間そのものを嘲笑っていた。
俺の心の奥で、何かが沸騰した。
それが何であるかも解からぬうちに、理不尽な虐殺、否、これはきっと殺戮にすらならない。もっと無慈悲な存在の否定が、俺に振り下ろされる。

I run a lifetime's worth, and I still keep running.
But there's no exit in sight.
Something's wrong.
This is wrong.
Even if this secret library is big…… This is just wrong.
Or maybe my head is what's gone wrong.
……Whatever it is.
It doesn't matter what it is.
I have to run.
I have to keep running.
He's coming after me.
That nauseating, repulsive smell is right there.
It's right behind me.
I can feel him right there.
His antennae are going to touch me any moment now.
I have to run.
I run.
And run.
And run.
I run through the maze of bookshelves.
Through the endless passages.
I run, through the ever-expanding labyrinth.
Right.
Left.
Up.
Down.
Forward. Backward.
In reversed direction.
And yet another angle.
It's coming.
It's coming.
He's chasing after me.
He's sticking to my back and not going away.
Laughter.
Right behind me, that monster is laughing.
He's laughing, in a voice that's not human.
Laughter.
All around me, the books are laughing.
They're laughing hysterically, in voices that aren't human.
The nighthawk cries.
As if ridiculing me, it cries.
Innumerable laughing voices echo about.
The echoing, mocking laughter surrounds me.
Shrill, maniacal laughter.
Countless books leap out of the shelves at once.
They scatter their page fragments as they're spiraling around, trapping me.
The pages ignite. The flame spreads explosively.
I'm swallowed in a tornado of blazing fire.
"Uwoaaaaaaaaah!"
The color of the fire changes rapidly before my eyes.
Colors, colors, and colors change as though they are being dazzled
A richly-colored flame.
The fire pulsates as shimmering blood from otherworldly dimension flows into it.
The flame dances madly in red, white, blue, gold, cobalt, black, yellow, silver, red, grey, green, indigo, purple, colors that doesn't belong to any system and burns me.
It burns and burns and burns and burns and burns and burns and burns and burns and burns and burns and scorches and burns and burns and burns and burns and burns and burns and burns and burns and scorches and burns and burns----
I continue to be burned infinitely in the midst of Chaos space-time.
Burning my perception, burning my identity, returning and regenerating infinitely----
And I am in that very depth.
Beyond the infinity, what did I----
"------------"
The goat face is right up close to mine.
Before I realized I'd fallen, it's hanging overhead me, staring at me.
His abnormal body quivering, his face full of evil delight, he laughs at me.
No.
By laughing at my pitiful self, he is laughing at the entire human race.
Something boils deep inside of my heart.
Before I can comprehend what it is, unfair carnage, no, this undoubtedly isn't even slaughter. A way more merciless denial of existence comes crashing down upon me.

i.imgur.com/ZZzdAYy.png
i.imgur.com/NIfA27F.png
i.imgur.com/k85RXvb.png
i.imgur.com/P8o4o0Y.png
i.imgur.com/bYVoLU1.png

「ダンウィッチの怪異の同属か!」
飛び散る鮮血は、宙に真紅の魔法陣
              =正方形(スクエア)×正方形(スクエア)
              =回転式八芒星を描く。
「お望みとあらば!」
卵がひび割れるような音を、アーミティッジは聴いた。
紅い影の胸が、縦に裂ける。
噴き出る鮮血は闇に映えて、綺羅綺羅(きらきら)と輝いていた。
飛び散る鮮血は、宙に真紅の魔法陣
              =正方形(スクエア)×正方形(スクエア)
              =回転式八芒星を描く。
「なんと!?」
空間が裂け、時空が流血した。
今までとは比べ物にならない瘴気と臭気が、時空の向こうから流れ込んでくる。
この気配と悪臭をアーミティッジは知っている。
時空の向こう、異形の眼がこちらの世界を覗き込んでいる。

一つではない/
 2、3、4、5、6、7、8、9
増えてゆく/
 10、100、1000、10000、10000000
現実を侵す悪性腫瘍/
 兆京垓杼穣溝澗正載極恒河沙阿僧祇那由他不可思議無量大数
異/♂/界と/現/♀/         実との/*/壁がつい/+/

に決壊す/
                        る
                『  ∞  』
"Are you the same being as the Dunwich Horror!?"
"If it is what you wish!"
Armitage heard a sound as if it was a cracking egg.
The crimson shadow's chest burst open vertically.
Fresh blood gushing out shone brightly in the dark.
The splashing fresh blood, weaved a crimson magic circle in the mid-air
= Square x Square
= Draw out a revolving octagram
"What on earth!?"
The space is torn asunder, and the space-time bleeding out.
From the other side of space-time, the tremendously escalated miasma and odor flow in.
This stench, this presence, Armitage knew about them.
Beyond the space-time, the otherworldly eyes peeking into this world.
And not just only one/2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
They keep increasing/10, 10000, 10000000
Maglinant tumors eroding reality/10^12, 10^16, 10^20, 10^24, 10^28, 10^32, 10^36, 10^40, 10^44, 10^48, 10^52, 10^56, 10^60, 10^64, 10^68 (Translator note: These are Buddhism numbers that represent how vast and large they are, including Muryou Taisuu/無量大数 – which roughly mean "too many too count")
Barrier /♂/of/another world/♀/
and /*/ reality /+/
has been/crumbled
[∞]

In the first two spoilers, Daijuuji Kurou is being tormented by the remnants of Wilbur Whateley in the bottom of the infinite layer as an infinite-sized world of three dimensions of space and non-Euclidean strange angles (beyond three dimensions of space) that is a twisted reminiscence of the event in Dunwich Horror, where Wilbur infiltrated the Miskatonic University and terrorized Daijuuji Kurou for an entire lifetime, and here, he destroyed and tortured Daijuuji Kurou endlessly.
Wilbur Whateley and Yog Whateley are both described to hail from "beyond the infinity".

In the third spoiler that is about Yog Whateley, the younger twin of Wilbur Whateley are described as a being that can tear a rift in spacetime, hailed from beyond time and space and of infinite magnitude when its endless eyes and tumors are clashing on reality to erode the barrier between reality and nightmare, some accompanying symbols on its action were curious enough, and might hint of nondualistic nature for Yog Whateley.
Regardless, the symbols might not mean anything, and what is noteworthy is also Wilbur Whateley and Yog Whateley are said to hail from "beyond the infinity".

The brothers are natives to the mainstream universe and should have never go to other universes, they are lesser beings than Deus Machina and lesser beings than Cosmic Horrors fought by Al Azif, Aeon and an unknown magician. Daijuuji Kurou was also a native to his universe, and it was until Strange Eons that he, Al Azif and Demonbane went to other universes in Outerverse, what does entitle to?
=> Magic and Domain of Gods might be universal, but the infinite abyss of Human World might be unique to each mortal universe.

In short, a single universe of Demonbane Mythos might also house its unique infinite layers of abyss that represents infinite states of comprehension, being/nonbeing, worlds and universes of different depths and perception that encompass and transcend non-Euclidean Geometry.

TLDR Tier Revision for the Cosmology Blog:
  • Human Universe = 2-A -> At least High 1-B+
    (There are an unknown number of non-Euclidean geometries and strange dimensional angles when Daijuuji Kurou was tormented by Wilbur Whateley. It also houses its endless hierarchy of stories, worlds and universes of infinite diversities that continue to branch infinitely. There is a Platonic Realm-like spiritual dimension that encompasses the material dimension, but I do not have a clue how to rank this yet).
  • Huge Universe = Low 1-A
    (It should at least house an similar and immensely larger counterpart of cosmological structure to Human Universe and being home to infiniely infinite amount of atoms and molecules respectively comparable or stronger than the mass and energy to destroy several similar structures to Human Universe).
  • Slow Universe = At least Low 1-A+
    (Its unbelievable spacetime structure renders casual movements to be difficult for beings able to destroy Huge Universe even via their time manipulation ability)
  • Dead Universe = Possible 1-A
    (Its otherworldly nonexistence nature renders beings that can destroy Slow Universe to be unable to exist and had to fight by methods uminaginable to normal universes, its nature also suggests spacetime manipulation and reality manipulation in this universe is even immensely more difficult than Slow Universe)
The Possible Addition is nothing major and simply food for thought, if it goes through somehow, all universes of the Infinite Spiral will be at least on 1-A+ or High 1-A due to housing respective unique endless hierarchy of stories, worlds and universes of unlimited diversities that can branch infinitely and respective unique infinite abyssal hierarchy of state, comprehension and depths of worlds and universes to denote the depths of magic.

From the courtesy of Omni-Man for 10 sentences in Demonbane Mythos to Xianxia/Xuanhuan that spend millions of words of fancy description, pretentious language and flowery statement to not even or barely do the same: "Look What They Need to Mimic a Fraction of Our Power"

Last edited:
Bump.

Added the endless hierarchy of stories, worlds and universes to the Mainstream Universe.

The Mainstream Universe will be ranked At least High 1-B+ for now unless someone can give me a clue how to scale its Platonic Realm-like spiritual dimension.

• The Mainstream Universe has these traits - infinite in space, eternal in time, endless coordinations of spacetime, endless possibilities, many (possible infinite) parallel universes, boundless existence/nonexistence, subsidiary hidden universes of innumerable parallel worlds that house Deus Machinas, Platonic Realm-like spiritual dimension that encompasses the material dimension, multitudes of Non-Eucllidean Geometry (higher dimensions than three dimensions of space and one dimension of time), uncountable phases and worlds of diverse types such as nightmare worlds, fantasy worlds, nonexistence worlds, etc
  • As stated by author, the Mainstream Universe also has its own endless hierarchy of stories, worlds and universes of infinite diversities from countless living beings from diverse backgrounds, be that a mortal (such as a poet, a singer, a worker, etc) or a magician as a universal ability to sustain the existence and meaning of themselves, and those stories, worlds and universes are likewise, also branching into another endless hierarchy to form an infinitely infinite hierarchy of stories, worlds and universes of endless diversities.
  • As this is the mainstream universe, its traits will be common for all other universes until said otherwise.
Do you have a scan for the next story transcending the previous one. ( The most important thing for it achieve H1B )

Back