• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) Discussion Thread #2

Alright, let's look at the Demon Slayer Corps vs Muzan here, we have

Moderately Injured Tanjiro

Lightly Injured Giyu

Moderately Injured Zenitsu

Moderately Injured Inosuke

Moderately Injured Kanao

Uninjured Kanroji

Uninjured Iguro

Severely Injured Sanemi

Lightly Injured Gyomei

With everyone here, I don't know, besides Gyomei, they don't have any people who are heavy hitters in a solid condition, this is rough for them to beat Muzan

Anyways what do you guys think of this line for Genya's quote?

"My name is Shinazugawa Genya. Remember that. That's the name of the guy who'll kill you right here, bastard!"

Genya to Aizetsu

https://********.org/chapter/320401/19

For Genya:

• Don't think Genya is confirmed to have Enhanced Senses (unless you count the general ability to feel aura as one).
  • He should get Immortality (Type 2) since he can function with wounds that should be deadly for normal people (fun note, "Shinazu" means immortal), and Type 3 too I guess.
  • Pretty sure Genya had Regenerationn before eating Aizetsu since he healed from being stabbed in his vitals.
  • Absorption paranthesis note should include (, can devour parts of demons to absorb their power)
  • Second key should be changed to "after consuming Zou Hakuten", since that is a bigger power boost (uprooting and throwing trees)

Does enhanced taste buds count?

What Regenerationn should he have in Base? I'm guessing Mid-Low?

That's considered power mimicry.

Oh right technically he should have four keys. He also managed to rip off Urami's arms after eating the tree. And Urami is stronger than Post-Zeroshiki Training Base Tanjiro who was still stronger than Genya even after consuming Aizetsu.

Just checked the enhanced senses page. Enhanced taste is one of them. So Genya should still have it. I'll add minor acid manipulation.

Just saying though I think only Doma and up should be straight up 8-B+. Akaza should probably be at least High 8-C+, possibly 8-B+ if Zou Hakuten's wood calc gets accepted.

No they are no where near comparable. It was stated that Doma became a demon later than Akaza and defeated him in a blood battle at least over 113 years ago since Hantengu states they haven't met each other in that long. So even now Doma should still be way stronger than Akaza. Plus Doma placed himself in the same league as Kokushibo saying that Akaza stands no chance against him and Kokushibo.

How will the pillar scaling go? Based on feats and scaling I think it should be

8B+ Himejima and Sanemi

High 8C Rengoku, Giyuu, Kanroji

I'm unsure where to place Tokitou, Uzui and Shinobu

This new calc actually causes quite a lot of trouble in the scaling due to how much higher it is compared to the next best calc. Like we roughly know who it scales to but how we will write the tiers is honestly gonna be kinda confusing. There wouldn't be that much problem if Doma's calc was a bit lower into 8-B.

Demons seems to have terrible durability other than their neck so I'm not exactly sure if we can scale the pillars for harming them. So I was thinking we should probably only scale them if they parried attacks from the demons.

Where does Tanjiro Scale, he should be 8-B right? He one shot Akaza's Neck with his All Seeing Power

He should probably straight up 8-B+ with Demon Slayer Mark. In Base he would probably be At least High 8-C+ likely 8-B+ for parrying several attacks from Akaza without being heavily injured.

No that was Base Tanjiro. This is Post-Pillar Training Marked Tanjiro. Marked Tanjiro only appeared for an instant to one shot Akaza. After that he went back to Base.

Also it seems like Tanjiro's Mark gets darker every time he uses it. So I'm guessing every time he uses the mark he retains some of the mark's power in base.

Peter1129 said:
Also it seems like Tanjiro's Mark gets darker every time he uses it. So I'm guessing every time he uses the mark he retains some of the mark's power in base.
^That's the new Base Tanjiro not Marked Tanjiro.

Peter1129 said:
No that was Base Tanjiro. This is Post-Pillar Training Marked Tanjiro. Marked Tanjiro only appeared for an instant to one shot Akaza. After that he went back to Base.
^This is Tanjiro using the Mark along with See-Through-World like Gyomei did.

Anyways this is all I could think of for the scaling right now.

At least 8-B+: Yoriichi and Muzan

8-B+: Kokushibo, Doma and Gyomei w/ Demon Slayer Mark

I'm not exactly sure what Akaza's tier should be. Should just be at least High 8-C+, possibly higher? Or should be at least High 8-C+, possibly 8-B or 8-B+? Cause everybody else kinda depends on Akaza.

So what exactly should Akaza's tier be?

At least High 8-C+, possibly higher or 8-B or 8-B+? Or maybe straight up 8-B since he's in the middle of an High 8-C+ and 8-B+? Ehh who am I kidding straight up 8-B obviously isn't gonna work. I'm not even sure if he can scale to 8-B since he's supposed to be far weaker than Doma. Since he apparently lost to him over 113 years ago and Doma is said to grow stronger at a faster pace than him.

You know right now I'm really hoping the wood calc will miraculously be wrong and there will be a recalc that will make it either somewhere around 8-B or borderline 8-B. But that's just my wishful thinking it's probably not gonna happen. Also now that I think about it the wood calc hasn't even been evaluated yet even though it came out earlier than Doma's ice calc.

It just occurred to me that Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Kanao have yet to activate a Demon Mark, hopefully they get one soon, or they'll be pretty useless in the coming battle

I mean Kanao's blind in one eye and Zenitsu's almost dead so I think they're already well on their way to becoming useless for this fight

Anyone who can help is not useless, they need to be of help or the entire Demon Saying Corp is f*cked

I mean, Gyomei is awesome, but he shouldn't have to just carry the team

Bold of you to assume Murata even needs a power up. He will appear when you least expect it and flex on everybody.

Back