• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) Discussion Thread #2

I'd like to see one of these two scenarios:

1. Nezuko saves Tanjiro

2. Tanjiro will pass out and do some afterlife/dream walking sh*t to talk to his father or Yoriichi (maybe both), learning how to stop the blood and how to do the 13th form. Maybe dying after defeating Muzan

Early English translation has been typeset, coming from the Spanish translation of the Korean translation of the Japanese release (The translation of the character names should still be accurate!). Official translation comes tomorrow. The guy who translates from Korean is upset by the meme typeset in the previous chapter, and might stop translating the KnY leaks.

It is unlikely that Nezuko saves Tanjiro, even if the medicine fails and she keeps all her demon powers. These conditions should happen first:

• 1- Nezuko is aware of what is going on
  • 2- Nezuko just happens to be located in the same city that the Dimensional Infinity Fortress is under
  • 3- The ex-Pillars will allow Nezuko to go stand just in front of Muzan
Muzan didn't say he used a poisonous version of his blood, but that it is poisonous (though cell destruction) because he gave Tanjiro too much of it. UM1 mentioned that in rare occasions there are people who are resistant to demon blood (but Tanjiro is still heavily affected, so if he is resistant it is not full immunity), so the only non-asspull conclusion to the arc is that Tanjiro turns into a demon.

Gotogue has maintained consistent or improving writing, so I don't want an end-game plot quality deterioration like in some other Shonen.

Muzan's regen is so good he's pratically intangible to sword attacks.

I can't remeber the last time i read a series where the final battle was this tense( except AGK, but all my favorites were already dead, so, eh.)

I need to catch up with this and Black Clover. I've been waiting a few weeks in order to bulk read a bunch of chapters at once. Now's the time to catch up with One Demon Slayer boi and One Loud Boi...

For me.... Definitely Gantz, Kamisama no Iutoori before its ending, Black Clover's most recent enemy in the second last arc, AGK's fight with Esdeath definitely, and Kengan Ashura. Nothing else comes to mind but those are my golden boys and now Demon Slayer is with them

But all those brave heroic mooks ;; Self sacrifice...

Though I'm not scared for Tanjirou. No way he can die. I think he can turn that into a weapon of his or shut down that cell

Tanjiro's probably gonna do somethiung epic like carbonizing his cells with fire or something and then he'll have a huge burn scar on his face, then he unlocks the 13th Form of the Sun God which is like Ultra Instinct or Something

Cause there is literally no way they can defeat Muzan without some crazy power boost, also 1 hour and half likely won't be run out, you can't slow Muzan down, so maybe he'll be defeated before then via some new attack, I know the characters can turn their swords red and slow a Demons Regenerationn, so maybe that'll help

Nezuko will eat her dying brother to become the Ultimate Lifeform as well as absorb his skills. Then wear his robe and wield his katana to one-shot Muzan with the Breath of the Sun while Muzan cowers in her shadow and she bathes in the light of the rising sun.

If this theory is correct than wow Muzan spent a millennia searching for the Blue Spider Lily that was actually in China. And the sunlight resistance is probably from the Red Spider Lily which was basically in Japan this whole time.

ArgosaxDespair said:
I'd like to see one of these two scenarios:

1. Nezuko saves Tanjiro

2. Tanjiro will pass out and do some afterlife/dream walking sh*t to talk to his father or Yoriichi (maybe both), learning how to stop the blood and how to do the 13th form. Maybe dying after defeating Muzan
Goddammit, apparently both things will happen at the same time

Chapter got an early anon translation, which is already typeset.

The dream seems to be a continuition of the one in Chapter 99.

Doubt we'll have an MC with deformed face for the epilogue, so I think Tanjiro dies in the end or the series continutes with him as a demon.

The only reason to speculate the series might continue at this point is that it is far fetched for Inosuke and Zenitsu to play a role in the final battle if most Pillars are getting toyed with, so they would get sidelined in the final climax if the series doesn't continue.

Honestly this is very tense great battle, I love when stories introduce a character that's nigh unstoppable, you can really feel the tension and struggle of the characters

Tanjiro has to defeat Muzan here, and whether that means Tanjiro does die or not doesn't matter, I want to see Muzan Beaten by him

Holy shit this is hype. This really feels like it's building up hope and despair. And honestly I know that Nezuk's gonna heal him but I don't mind it at all. And agreed Aubin, only few can get this level of intensity properly

Alright, so Gyomei and Sanemi are here, the two strongest Demon Slayers are here, if one of them goes down, we're completely f*cked, Tanjiro needs to get healed or else

I might wait another week before catching up or wait until the arc is done so that I can binge it.

It's been like two weeks but nobody has evaluated the Zou Hakuten calc yet. The Doma calc which came out an entire week later was already evaluated over a week ago.

I doubt it, but should we scale Muzan to the Explosion that he got hit with in chapter 138, he didn't get completely blown appart by it, so does that count as a durability feat

Then again, it might not even be impressive

Back