• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) Discussion Thread #2

Sea Feilong shoots out electricity? Well that in itself already sounds not like a lightning strike. I know for sure if a lightning bolt is similar enough to natural lightning it can be applied

Also yeah, I'd agree with power mimicry, not sure if enhanced senses come in immediately.

Edit - Ah. This is not the calc I expected

We could probably make a thread about Sekido's lightning and whether or not it can be considered Massively Hypersonic.

The criteria for determining real lightning can be found here.

Basicly, the reason Sea Feilong lightning and RWBY lightning (including cloud-to-ground lightning dodging feats) is no longer considered real lightning is due to many anti-feats that makes swatting aside and dodging real lightning be massive outliers.

However, there is enough justification to consider Sekido's real lightning per the criteria, such as the lightning flowing through conductive materials and the lightning causing paralysis. The speed is consistent with the verse (only dodgable by top-tier speed characters), and the demons are shown to generate real elements with their Blood Demon Arts.

Per the criteria, lightning attacks by characters capable of generating 8C energy are considered lightning speed, so Sekido should qualify.

The Kirby page has Power Absorption.

Paralysis and conductivity are traits of normal electricity, Zenitsu's speed comes from questionable lightning that doesn't match the criteria of lightning since it doesn't induce paralysis

Is there a calc that proves it's 8C

Peter1129 said:
We could probably make a thread about Sekido's lightning and whether or not it can be considered Massively Hypersonic.
I've made a crt discussing Kimetsu no Yaiba's speed should I make another cry for the lightning or should we discuss that there?

Kinda sad how Nakime got wasted just like this. Also it seems like Muzan can control the demons created from his blood and use their abilities via controlling their body. Also this chapter kinda confirms that Muzan doesn't control the Dimensional Infinity Fortress so that should be removed from his profile if it hadn't already been removed.

The chapter confirms that KnY aura causes fear (as well as paralysis as shown by Genya).

The fragmentation at the last panel is easily 8C.

Here is my suggested Powers and Abilities list for Muzan:

Superhuman Physical Characteristics , Immortality (Types 1, 2 and 3), Regenerationn (High-Mid. Even having his body and head destroyed wouldn't kill him), Extrasensory Perception (Can feel the presence of humans and demons, as well as bloodlust), Absorption and Limited Power Absorption and Acid Manipulation (Was going to absorb Tanayo inside his body and dissolve her, and planned to absorb spikes that penetrated his flesh, as well as planned to eat Nezuko to obtain her immunity to the sun), Adaptation (Adapted to become immune to being beheaded by blades created with sunlight imbued metal. Should be capable of adapting to poisons better than other higher moon demons, who became resistant to wisteria poison, which kills regular demons in seconds, and was adjusting to a poison made to transform demons into humans), Corruption and Curse Manipulation and Biological Manipulation and Power Bestowal (Can create and empower demons by sharing or injecting his blood), Blood Magic, Limited Telepathy and Limited Mind Manipulation and Regenerationn Negation and Cellular Death Manipulation through his Curse (Can read the minds of nearby demons and telepathically communicate with them, can control the actions of nearby demons to some extent, can negate the Regenerationn of nearby demons, and can cause the cells of demons or humans injected with his blood to rupture from within), Fear Manipulation and Limited Paralysis Inducement through Overwhelming Aura , Shapeshifting (Can take the form of a female or a child), Natural Weaponry and Body Control (Even low-level demons can grow weapons from their body, and arms from their severed head), Elasticity (Can extend his arms), Chain Manipulation (Can create chains he can control), Reactive Power Level and Reactive Evolution (In intense situations demons can reach an explosive growth), Resistance to Disease Manipulation (Demons don't get sick) and PoisoPoison Manipulation (dissolved and nullified medicine designed to turn him into a human)

Doma's Rime-Water Lily Bodhisattva in Chapter 162 is at least 8-A, and is potentially High 7-C. Anyone can spare time to make a calc blog?

I know I keep saying it, but at this moment there are only 2 routes I see

1. This is the final battle with Muzan, they have a huge epic battle where many people lose their lives but it ends with either Tanjiro killing him with the 13th form of the Fire God, or the get him in sunlight, boom then a new arc happens with anew threat

2. It goes dark, lots of characters die and they only manage to make Muzan severely damaged and he has to retreat, the only ones left alive are Tanjiro (Who has lost his eye and is horribly injured in several regards), Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Kanao, they lost everyone else and there's a timeskip, Tanjiro is depressed and has lost hope to fight back, and the story goes from there

I see option 1 as a great option and it makes sense, however option 2 would lead to a way more interesting story, where Tanjiro has to 1 v 1 Muzan on his own later, it would lead up to an even more epic battle later between just Tanjiro and Muzan

So ca anybody render these six? Hantengu's profile is pretty much ready to go but I never got the profile pics for his primal emotions so I haven't posted it yet.

Also I'm not really good at writing summaries so can somebody write a short summary for Kanao and Genya? That's all they're missing on their profiles I think. After that I'll probably start working on Doma and Kokushibo's profile.

Gyomei gonna be the MVP; he is barely injured for a reason. He apparently has less than 24 hours to live due to the mark, so he is going out with a bang.

You can find some rendering pros in this thread.

Before we try to improvise something, it is probably for the best to see if any of them is willing to accept the request.

For the summary we can paraphrase/summarize the character history section in the Kimetsu wikia. Kanao's synobsis - Genya's page

Will see if I can find some character quotes.

Already did that nobody replied to mine even after an entire week even though they replied to some people under me. I guess it's because I had too many image requests.

I was thinking of using Kanao's speech in her fight against Doma but it was way too long. For Genya I was thinking of his brief talk with Aizetsu.

I think this quote can work for Kanao:

Manga translation: "I was hungry. Every day back then was sad, empty, painful, and lonely. But one day, something snapped. And nothing hurt me anymore."

Anime subtitles: "It hurts. I'm hungry. I'm sad. I feel hopeless. I'm in agony. I'm lonely. That was my life. But then, one day, I heard a sound like a snap. And I never knew pain again."

Back