• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) Discussion Thread #2

The explosion released spike traps made to slow down Muzan's Regenerationn, implying that they are made from Nichirin. UP1 said that due to the high purity of the metal in Gyomei's weapon, his flesh sword will get destroyed before it can cut through the weapon's chain. So the feat might not be quantifiable due to probable durability negation.

Welp so Zou Hakuten's High 8-C+ calc got rejected. Guess that means he's just gonna be 8-C since he has the combined powers of four characters that are way over 0.08 tons.

No they'll just be 8-C. And only around half of the pillars would get 8-C. The other half just stays at least 9-A likely higher. Gyomei would be 8-B+.

Only Gyomei would be straight up 8-B+. And that's for him in his Marked state. He's the only one who could destroy Muzan's whip thingy as well as cut Kokushibo's neck which no sold a slash from Marked Sanemi.

Gyomei would be at least 8-C in Base for being able to keep up with a casual Kokushibo and 8-B+ with Demon Slayer Mark for being the only one that could slice Kokushibo's neck and damage Muzan's whip.

Sanemi should be 8-C in Base for barely keeping up with a casual Kokushibo and higher with Demon Slayer Mark.

Giyuu is the same as Sanemi as he scales to him via the sparring and parrying an attack from Akaza with Lull as well as blocking one of his kick combo.

Tanjiro is also the same since he directly scales to parrying attacks from Akaza who is stronger than Zou Hakuten in Base and stomping him with the Mark.

Kyojuro should probably be likely 8-C cause looking back at his fight with Akaza he was never really fighting on par with him. He parried a shockwave attack but when he went in to parry a physical combo he got heavily wounded.

Kanao and Inosuke scales to Post-Pillar Training Tanjiro and managed to parry casual attacks from Doma.

Mitsuri is either 9-A+ or possibly 8-C in Base and straight up 8-C with Demon Slayer Mark. Base Mitsuri was a big enough threat that Zou Hakuten decided to get serious and use a technique to defeat her. With the Mark she was actually hold off Zou Hakuten offscreen for a long time.

Obanai might be 8-C as well since he seemed to be overall stronger than Mitsuri. Though we don't know for sure if that's the case.

Rengoku did fight on par with Akaza but that was the problem they were too close in ability plus iirc wasn't Akaza using his compass ability. Rengoku should likely scale to Tanjirou and Akaza since he took blows from Akaza better than Tanjirou did and was blatantly physically stronger than Akaza

Not really. Here Akaza uses a shockwave technique which Kyojuro countered. After that Kyojuro went in on the offensive and had all his sword strikes blocked by Akaza. Soon Akaza uses a physical attack which Kyojuro parries. In the next chapter we see that he was heavily injured from parrying that attack. The only time he managed to gain the upper hand was when he sliced Akaza's head by surprise as a last ditch effort to hold him down until the sun rises. And physical strength doesn't really mean you have more AP than a character. Tengen is physically stronger than Kyojuro and yet based on feats he's much weaker.

Tanjiro on the other hand blocked an attack from Akaza and wasn't injured that badly. He also managed to parry a physical attack from Akaza head o and was only pushed back. And here Akaza seems to imply Tanjiro has surpassed Kyojuro. Here Tanjiro blocks another attack from Akaza with only minor injuries. The bottom of this page shows Tanjiro parrying even more attacks from Akaza. When the crow was delivering the letter we see Tanjiro parrying another attack from Akaza.

Rengoku was able to not only react to Akaza but ward off and match his blows Akaza even blatantly says Rengoku has slashed him multiple times but his regen negated it that was the difference between them

Tanjriou blocked a blow and was grazed and coughed up blood and was extremely worried about taking any hits from Akaza it seems Tanjirou has more speed but Rengoku was tougher since he took multiple blows and could still fight Akaza

I am pretty sure we agreed to not use demon durability to scale characters. Their durabilities are just horribly inconsistent. Post-Rehabilitation Training Tanjiro could toss a sword hard enough to pierce Akaza. Muzan was able to no sell Mitsuri's attacks and yet a few chapters later Mitsuri, Obanai, and Giyuu also managed to cut him and his neck but he just regenerates the moment he gets sliced. Marked Sanemi also manged to slice Muzan from the head down even though he was unable to slice Kokushibo's neck. Muichiro also managed to stab Kokushibo even though he's weaker than even Base Sanemi. And there's probably a couple dozen more examples. But yeah like I said Likely 8-C but not straight up 8-C Kyojuro. He was never able to match blows from Akaza other than that one shockwave attack.

Tanjirou blocked and parried several blows and only coughed up a bit of blood or slid back a bit. Kyojuro parried a single physical attack and was shown to be heavily wounded in the next chapter.

There is a Pillar arm wrestling ranking we can use to evaluate physical strength: https://********.org/chapter/359467/12

For lifting strength, Rengoku lifted two train carts with his dash. There is a source that says pre-WW1 wooden passengar cars weight 15-20 ton, so this is a casual class 25 lifting feat. For the boulder pushing in the Pillar training, it looks like Tanjiro is class 25 and Gyomei is class 100.

Rengoku grabbed Akaza so hard he couldn't escape without tearing his arms off. Rengoku definitely compares, especially as he compliments him multiple times.

Physical strength =/= AP. Tengen is physically stronger than Kyojuro does that mean he's stronger than him? Compliments really don't mean anything when his feats say otherwise. Kyojuro should probably have a likely 8-C rather than straight up 8-C once the revision is made.

He says his skill is great multiple times, and reaching the supreme territory. He offered the same thing to Giyuu, which he wouldn't have done if he dud he believe Rengoku was somewhat comparable. Rengoku also cut his hand.

Yeah he says his skill is great and all but that's just skill not AP. Also supreme territory just seems to be referring to See-Through-World which is just a speed amp. Like I've brought up before demon durability is super inconsistent. I don't think we should scale pillars to upper moons just because they could harm them. We should only scale them if they could match them in combat or tank attacks from them without being injured too badly. Or if they have some kind of statements like Shinobu who could also potentially be 8-C since she has the strongest thrusting attack among the demon slayers according to the volume extra.

Much of the Rengoku vs Akaza fight was off-screen. So it is not like Rengoku got heavily injured from parrying a single attack.

Trying to reconcile demon durability:

• Tanjiro's sword throws: DotFG being able to bypass demom durability to some extent (similar to how it can slow down demon Regenerationn), with demon bones being more powerful than their skin
  • Mitsuri getting no-selled: She used a speed-focused technique meant to overwhelm the opponent, and switched to power focused techniques
  • Sanemi cutting Muzan: His attacks were severly weakened against Kokushibo even with the mark since his organs would fall off if he made the wrong move, and he was able deliver much more powerful attacks after he got patched up.

I don't think we can just assume there has been more battle with Akaza and Kyojuro in between the chapter jump. The gap between Kyojuro parrying an attack from Akaza and getting wounded is just 4 pages. It's not like the fight between Kanao and Doma which was offscreened for 14 chapters before we finally got back to it in chapter 157.

I am pretty sure Tanjiro merely tossed the sword. He didn't use DotFG and I am also pretty sure DotFG doesn't bypass durability. Rui's neck was able to no sell DotFG before it got boosted by Nezuko's blood.

I am really not sure if you can just say Mitsuri's attack now works because she used a different technique. This isn't like Zenitsu's Flaming Thunder God or Kanao's Scarlet Spider Lily Eyes which are directly stated in story to boost their speed.

Sanemi already patched himself up by stitching his wounds close before activating the mark. Plus he was already able to fight while his organs were spilling out even before he stitched himself up. Not to mention Kokushibo even said Sanemi was improving and getting stronger in battle. At the end of the fight when Sanemi aimed for Kokushibo's neck, he should've been at his strongest and yet he only managed to slightly nick his neck. So yeah not really much of an explanation.

Also this still doesn't answer things like Marked Muichiro being able to stab Kokushibo even though he's weaker than Base Sanemi. Or Kanao and Inosuke hurting Doma. Or Base Giyuu hurting Akaza who was able to fight evenly with Marked Giyuu. etc. etc.

To me it just seems like most demons have stupidly inconsistent durability. Or their durability is lower than their AP by a significant amount with only a few exception having higher durability for their neck.

This is going to be interesting, I can't wait to see how Yoriichi somehow lost, I mean, Muzan is terrified of him in the presebt, so he clearly is a threat but somehow failed to win

I don't know if the period of time match, but maybe Yoriichi's brother interrupted the fight, making Yoriichi hesitant and fled with Muzan?

Peter1129 said:
Welp so Zou Hakuten's High 8-C+ calc got rejected. Guess that means he's just gonna be 8-C since he has the combined powers of four characters that are way over 0.08 tons.
WHat about this

He could be 8C that's fine just saying the calc was redone to be 9A+ so he'd be baseline so Akaza, Rengoku, base Tomioka, base Sanemi and current base Tanjirou should be 8C

Also BoS Tanjirou, Inosuke and Nezuko should be downgraded to supersonic since the swamp demon calc was rejected, Zenitsu should be supersonic+ according to a calc I found

We should probably make a thread for the AP upgrade and BoS Speed downgrade. I'll make the thread once I get home tonight.

Also just saying I still need somebody to render the images for Hantengu's emotions. I've been waiting for it for a month now.

I'm talking about these six.

Yorichi vs Muzan is quite disappointed. The battle between two strongest character in the verse should be more epic than that, it's just too rush.

It was fine to me. This is how a battle between the strongest and a someone who is not the strongest supposed to look

It was a stomp. This is what I expected after seeing him one shot his brother like it was nothing at all.

I mean we already knew it was gonna be a stomp since Kokushibo already said a couple of chapters ago that not even Muzan was able to hurt Yoriichi. Also getting stomped by Yoriichi doesn't make Muzan weak.

Back