• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) Discussion Thread #2

Wow, Yoriichi was busted. The different Breathing Techniques weren't created from people trying to copy the original as I had thought, but from him creating a whole new style of breathing that best fit each person he taught. That's amazing.

Yoriichi is definitely a genius in intelligence, and with that we could pretty well justify each Yoriichi having each P&A that comes from each Breath.

Well probably not all the Breath Styles. Some breaths like Breath of the Insect and Breath of Love were created by Shinobu and Mitsuri respectively in the current era after Yoriichi's death so he probably won't know it. But he should have the five basic breath styles (Water, flame, wind, thunder, and stone) and Breath of the Moon.

Kokushibo also said Breath of the Moon was derived from Breath of the Sun this chapter. So that's one breath that Yoriichi definitely has.

By the way do you guys think the new Upper Moons are stronger than their predecessors? More specifically do you guys think Kaigaku is stronger then Gyutaro? Cause looking back at it Kaigaku is probably stronger than Gyutaro.

Kaigaku was a former successor that was also implied to be stronger than Pre-Rehabilitation Zenitsu while Gyutaro was originally just a stronger than average human. Kaigaku received a handful of blood from Kokushibo who is Upper Moon 1 since he was a breath user while Gyutaro only got blood from Doma who at the time was only Upper Moon 6 and probably only needed a bit of blood since he wasn't a breath user. Also there's the whole thing with Kaigaku nearly killing Post-Pillar Training Zenitsu who is probably at this point stronger than Tengen.

Also Volume 17 extras have been translated https://********.org/chapter/726406/1

Kaigaku is confirmed to be the kid from Himejima's flashback and Breaths are also confirmed to just be visual and not real.

The strength difference between the previous and newer Upper Moon's is hard to grasp.

We know Onis get stronger by eating humans,and the previous ones had been around for generations and killed multiple Hashiras.

Human Kaigaku is indeed>>>Human Gyutaro and Kokushibo>Doma, But he didn't have the same time to get experience, get used to being a Oni and to eat humans.

I'd argue he's better in raw power and technical skill, while Gyutaro is more experienced and is better at handling his abilities as an oni.

https://********.org/chapter/726406/9

Yeah,this page officialy clears out the thing about breaths being elemental manipulattion or sword technique.

Yeah I think whether or not Kaigaku is stronger than Gyutaro comes down to how strong Post-Pillar Training Zenitsu is. If he is stronger than Tengen than Kaigaku is definitely stronger than Gyutaro, if he isn't than he is weaker. And right now I do believe that Zenitsu > Tengen.

He managed to pass Obanai's training which means he should be at least be stronger than Post-Zeroshiki Training Tanjiro who originally struggled to land a hit on him until four days later. And Post-Zeroshiki Training Tanjiro who can fight Base Muichiro in the Pillar Training and Hantengu's primal emotions which could blow away and injure Base Muichiro who should be comparable to Tengen who is comparable but still slightly weaker than Gyutaro. So by scaling

> means stronger than

= means comparable to

=< means slightly weaker than

Post-Pillar Training Zenitsu > Post-Zeroshiki Training Base Tanjiro = Hantengu Primal Emotions = Base Muichiro = Tengen =< Gyutaro

He's not above Gyutaro he's slightly weaker. That's why I use the less than or equal to sign. I should probably write down what those signs means.

I remember someone saying in a past chapter that only the Sun can defeat Muzan, hence Breath of the Sun most likely, basically meaning Tanjiro

That was Ubuyashiki and he was referring to the actual Sun not the Breath of the Sun. Muzan is immune to decapitation from a nichirin blade so the only way to kill him is either via the sun or completely destroying his body like Gyomei and Sanemi did with Kokushibo. Though Breath of the Sun was shown to have regen negating properties so it might be a possible way to win.

I know he mean't the Sun as in Sunlight, but what I think it's foreshadowing is that the Breath of the Sun can actually defeat him, like it'll completely incinerate Muzan or something

Well it's a possibility but I don't see that happening unless the letter Tanjiro received would give him another power up.

Don't know if i'm misremembering, but didn't Tanjiro cut Akaza's neck with his dance of the sun god, who then just proceed to develop resistance to being decapitated until he gave up and killed himself?

If that human juice elixir doesn't weaken his Regenerationn at least a little it's possible it might just be a stamina battle of holding him off long enough for the sun to rise.

Oh right that did indeed happen. So I guess the sun really is the only way to kill Muzan. But if they want to do that they first have to defeat Nakime who controls the Dimensional Infinity Fortress.

Epiccheev said:
https://********.org/chapter/726406/9 Yeah,this page officialy clears out the thing about breaths being elemental manipulattion or sword technique.
Also wouldn't this mean this Massively Hypersonic+ calc is no longer usable? Since the calc originally assumed that Breath of Thunder is actual lightning. But the latest volume extra confirms that it's not real.

No, there have definitely been more IC character statements of Zenitsu's lightning being real. I think he's referring to the visuals, and not it's effects.

Didn't the previous 4th Upper Moon have a form who fired ligthing from a Staff? I don't know if anyone has directly dodged it, but if they did it might be a good speed feat

You mean Hantengu's Anger clone Sekido right? Yeah he fires off lightning from his staff. His fusion Zou Hakuten also shoots lightning from his wood dragon. Tanjiro, Genya, Nezuko, and Mitsuri all managed to dodge it at least once.

Yep! This is an explicit feat where Mitsuri cuts through multiple cloud-to-ground lightning bolts, and other characters can also percieve it (chapter 123, page 18 & page 19 ).

Also, if it is confirmed that elements aren't physical (though they can be seen as an illusion and provide sensation), does this mean that extended melee range are pure physics and can be calculated?

Like when Tanjiro slashes vertically and cuts enemies on his sides?

Or when he does a spinning slash to create a cutting whirlwind/whirpool, even when he is submerged in swamp water?

That probably wasn't cloud to ground lightning. The lightning have always been fired off either from the staff or the mouths of the wood dragon.

Here are all the other lightning feats in the sword smith village arc.

Nezuko dodging lightning off scree

Tanjiro and Genya dodging lightning

More Tanjiro and Genya dodging lightning

Tanjiro dodging Zou Hakuten's Lightning

Mitsuri slashing lightning

Mitsuri slashing lightning agai

Mitsuri dodging lightning

Do you know anybody that calcs lightning stuff? You could ask them if any of these are worth calcing or if they are calcable.

Alright I posted it guess we'll just have to see if anybody is willing to calc it. Anyways do you guys think there's a new UM5? And if there is who do you think it will be? A new character or somebody that was mentioned once in the past?

I think that one theory about the new UM5 being Tengen's brother might come true. I don't think the new UM5 is going to be an entirely new character so the only other choice is a character that he only appeared once in a flashback like Kaigaku.

Back