• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) Discussion Thread #2

More MAD that animate manga panels:

More focus on the beginning with snap shots to more recent arcs.

Awesome use of special effects; that Waltz Flash...

Closest thing to an adaption of the Red Light District arc.

So what do you think will happen next? My prediction is that Giyuu definetly dies protecting Tanjiro (I'd prefer if he is turned into a demon, but for Breath users this can take multiple days, so...), Yushiro counters UM4 with his illusions and the Dimensional Infinity Fortress collapses, both sides retreat and lick their wounds. Nezuko's cure fails, and Tanjiro gets a hint about the 13th form of DotFG while getting wrecked by Muzan, and starts working on it for the final arc.

The space manipulation demon not knowing the traitor was near her and Tanjirou's actions against Muzan seemed dumb

Did you forget about Yushiro's blood demon art blindfold? It conceals his presence and could make him invisible. Tanjirou's actions is probably because he got too emotional after what Muzan said last chapter.

Yushiro is a hard counter for Nakime, since he can conceal his presence and turn invisible (like he did against the Temari Demon). He didn't casually walk beside her, and she let him get close because he is some random demon wearing a Demon Slayer uniform.

Can we assume Nakime can't use her teleportation in sun-lit areas? Otherwise Yushiro can have Muzan yeeted without waiting for the sun to rise.

PIS would be Tanjiro mastering the13th form out of nowhere to kill Muzan. Gotogue have avoided writing quality deterioration we often see before mangas concludes, so I trust this isn't the final battle.

Also, Tanjiro has something more in common with Kano, and definitive confirmation that Null requires Giyuu to keep swinging his sword for his barrier effect to work.

I hope just putting Muzan in the sun isn't the way they beat him, I could accepted a Dio situation where they mutilate his body, and then bring him to the sunlight as he fades away, but to just have him caught in the sunlight would be lame

Maybe the 13th Form of the Sun God actually emmanates Sunlight and can therefore kill Muzan,that would be really awesome

I think I'm convinced now that they'll defeat Muzan in this arc, I don't think the series will end with Muzan, but I believe that he needs to be defeated here in this battle, this is likely the only opportunity they have, so it's either now or never, plus I feel that's what the manga has been hyping this up to be

So I'm pretty sure this is the final battle with Muzan

Kimetsu no Yaiba eye injury
Yeah I'm convinced that Gotouge has an eye injury fetish just like how Kubo had an arm cutting fetish when drawing Bleach. Douma also got his eyes injured like three times. And if I remember correctly Sanemi tried to poke out Genya's eye back in the Pillar Training Arc.

Added the abilities from your CRT. I'm not going to add Fear Manipulation as there's currently a thread going on about what is considered fear manipulation. Everything else is fine right? If yes I'll make the profile now.

Well the fear manipulation thread seems to be talking about whether or not overwhelming aura that makes people scared counts as fear manipulation. So for now I'll just not add it. When the thread is finished and it still counts as fear manipulation I'll add it. And alright guess I'll make the profile now.

Demons should get type 2 immortality since they can survive wounds fatal to humans (including getting blowm to chunks). "Berserk form" sounds more accurate than "Demon form".

The discussion on the fear manip CRT was on whether a character in Black Clover was scared because the antagonist's power level is much higher than him, or whether the antagonist's aura has an inherient ability to make people scared. Pretty sure that there is consensus that supernatural aura with inherient ability to make people scared counts as fear manipulation, which is the case for KnY.

Also, a hilarious live action parody.

Nezuko also used this form against Hantengu's primal emotions. She wasn't berserk that time so it's better to just call it her demon form.

So uh anyways when is the wood calc gonna be made?

Hantengu's fused emotion clone Zou Hakuten uses wood manipulation.

Here's how Hantengu's profile currently looks. Still need somebody to crop the images. Tell me if I'm missing any abilities. In the meantime I guess I'll make profiles for Kanao and Genya.

Hantengu:

+Immortality (Type 2 and 8)
+Size Manipulation (Hantengu)
+Duplication and Fusionism via Multiple Personalities
+Accelerated Development (gets stronger by feeding on humans)
+Resistance to Lightning
+Weapon Mastery and Weapon Creation (staff by Sekido, fan by Karaku and Yari by Aizetsu)
+Blood Manipulation (Blood Demon Arts/Blood Magic)
[Convinced Aura should include fear inducement, but lets wait for the fear manip CRT to conclude]

Sekido has Massively Hypersonic attack speed with lightning. Zou Hakuten scales to Mitsuri who is fast for a Hashira and can cut through multiple lightning bolts, so Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed.

Range: melee range, several meters with Aizetsu's Yari, tens of meters with sound, lightning and wind attacks. Wood dragons stretches to 20 meters, can be extended with the creation of smaller wood dragons on their body.

+Weakness: Will die if the Progenitor of Demons (Muzan Kibutsuji) perishes

[Someone should calc lifting strength. Spider Father lifting and swinging tree -> Rengoku lifting two train carts by moving on top of them -> Genya uprooting forest trees and throwing them as projectiles -> Tanjiro and Gyomei pushing large boulders across town (estimateed them to be high class 25, and class 100). There is a Hashira arm wrestling chart, and an injured Rengoku scales to Akaza who specializes in brute strength]

Attacks:

+Thrust Of Raining Tears: Aizetsu creates multiple piercing blasts by thrusting his Yari.

+Resonance Bolt Of Death: Zou Hakuten simultaneously fires lightning and sonic attacks from the mouth of his wood dragons.

+Maddening Screech: Zou Hakuten creates a powerful sonic attack from his mouth capable of deforming bodies upon contact.

Duplication is already there same with weapon mastery and weapon creation though i did forget to add what weapon they create. I don't think blood demon art means demons have blood manipulation. Where did resistance to lightning come from? Sekido's lightning was specifically stated to be unable to affect things made of his own cells which is listed in his weakness.

Not exactly sure if the lightning can be can be considered actual lightning which was why I didn't add it. Also we need calc to show they have massively hypersonic+ combat speed.

Everything else should be fine. So I'll add them later when I'm on a pc. Still need somebody to crop pictures for the primal emotions though.

I guess that sounds fine but for now I'll probably wait for more input on that.

Oh right almost forgot Zenitsu's calc also scales to Zou Hakuten via scaling. But still I'm not exactly sure if Sekido's lightning can be considered Massively Hypersonic since it's not exactly cloud to ground. He just shoots it from his staff. Sea Feilong shoots electricity but it doesn't have Massively Hypersonic attack speed.

So what exactly does Genya's eating ability count as? Power mimicry? Absorption? Enhanced senses? A mix of the three?

Back