• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Demon Slayer] Doma's Physicals

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yeah, just saw this, gotouge as talented as she is has a hard time keeping the backround consistent, for example, in chapter 166 in this page we see koku and sanemi's clash, and on the next page we can see the cuts. Now, two pages later, right middle panel shows that the pillar diagonally behind Kokushibo and to the right is intact, which contradicts what's shown in the previous pages

I have more examples from that fight,later in chapter 167, we see Kokushibo launch this attack and leave very visible slashing patterns on the ground then, in chapter 168, we can see some of the traces of the damage (right side, second from top) that are erased on the very same page (right side, third from top) and it's not a one time thing either, because the next time we see the ground, it's still gone, it's still gone on then here as well

And to follow through on that last page there, we can see Gyomei shatter the ground with his flail, two pages later, he does so again (can also note that the ground from the first strike against Kokushibo is now unblemished) and then a few pages later, we see that the ground around Kokushibo is untouched as he dashes forward, and that there's no sign of the damage even behind him from Gyomei's perspective, doesn't mean that the damage was a myth, it just means gotouge has a hard time drawing a consistent backround during fights, i don't remember much but i do know the ground was fragmented, considering goutoge's track record i wouldn't really use the fact that damage just straight up disappears as an an argument
Yeah no, the ground never fragmented in the first place that's an anime-only thing we're given like 40 shots of the ground which is perfectly intact in the manga, the aftermath in the anime shows that the ground is intact too. Gyutaro's 8-B calc assumes that 7 inches of the ground in a 126.37 meter radius was split into fragments which is evidently wrong.

that's a none factor?

the manga never shows us the actual explosion, it simply shows the aftermath, the anime clarified the process and showed us how the district was destroyed and the ammount of damage caused your own link proves my point, it just shows gyutaro's blood blades rotating and then skips to tanjiro waking up without providing any further input like the anime did, not even how he survived

we're given like 40 shots of the ground which is perfectly intact in the manga,
none factor again, and i already said why above, the art consistency is lack luster and attack marks literally disappear in the same god damn page, your position requires for the damage done to just disappear

Gyutaro's 8-B calc assumes that 7 inches of the ground in a 126.37 meter radius was split into fragments which is evidently wrong.
i don't know about the calc, but the ground was literally getting fragmented to little peices anyone with eyes can see it happening, if you can't slow the vid down

edit: here is a random shot i took

image.png

i don't even know how anyone even tought the houses could be destroyed with the ground staying perfectly intact but you learn something new everyday i guess?

the manga never shows us the actual explosion, it simply shows the aftermath, the anime clarified the process and showed us how the district was destroyed and the ammount of damage caused your own link proves my point, it just shows gyutaro's blood blades rotating and then skips to tanjiro waking up without providing any further input like the anime did, not even how he survived
The manga does not show the ground erupting and fragmenting in any way shape or form as Gyutaro's slashes initially rose up like the anime does. This is not an inconsistency on Gotouge's part when Gotouge never showed the ground cracking at all.
none factor again, and i already said why above, the art consistency is lack luster and attack marks literally disappear in the same god damn page, your position requires for the damage done to just disappear
Some scratches on the ground likely from debris aren't the same as the ground being split into fragments.
i don't know about the calc, but the ground was literally getting fragmented to little peices anyone with eyes can see it happening, if you can't slow the vid down

edit: here is a random shot i took

image.png

i don't even know how anyone even tought the houses could be destroyed with the ground staying perfectly intact but you learn something new everyday i guess?
The calc assumes that all of the ground in a 126 meter radius was cracked down by 7 inches some ground in the vicinity of Uzui and Tanjiro being cracked does not substantiate that assumption especially when the anime shows that the ground elsewhere was solid and not turned into literal pebbles.

if you look like 2 seconds to look at both of them you would realize the blood blades were still coming out of gyutaro's body in the panel

...check the gif in in the same link you sent, when the blood blades were coming out of gyutaro's body in the anime, they didn't damafe the ground either

either ways, you're dodging the point, the anime showed us the process that took place, the manga didn't, and in the anime the ground was clearly getting fragmented to littler peices, unless you can prove otherwise concede your point, because you're just repeating the same arguments, i will quote myself again

that's a none factor?

Some scratches on the ground likely from debris aren't the same as the ground being split into fragments.

...and?

it's, the same, page, literally, and check like everything else i posted?
r 166 in this page we see koku and sanemi's clash, and on the next page we can see the cuts. Now, two pages later, right middle panel shows that the pillar diagonally behind Kokushibo and to the right is intact, which contradicts what's shown in the previous pages
all the pillars are miraculously healed right after, you're catching on straws, i proved that the art is as inconsistent as it gets, using it as an argument is simply unreliable, even from a common sens prespective the houses being all destroyed but the grounf staying prefectly intact doesn't even make sens, the ground isn't immune to deformations and damage yet that what it seems like

The calc assumes that all of the ground in a 126 meter radius was cracked down by 7 inches some ground in the vicinity of Uzui and Tanjiro being cracked does not substantiate that assumption especially when the anime shows that the ground elsewhere was solid and not turned into literal pebbles.
which makes zero sens, because the slashes don't just phase trough the ground as i've shown you, you're still arguing in the sens that the backround is inconsistent therefore the damage done to it was a myth, if anything the slashes literally come from below the ground

image.png

image.png

image.png

you would have seen this if you've watched the vid in slow mo like i told you

if you look like 2 seconds to look at both of them you would realize the blood blades were still coming out of gyutaro's body in the panel
either ways, you're dodging the point, the anime showed us the process that took place, the manga didn't
The manga panel of Gyutaro's slashes shows the slashes rising dozens of meters off the ground and already destroying houses with the ground being unaffected, the anime shows the ground cracking as soon as the slashes get fired and before they start destroying any houses. That's 2 different showings of the same scene, the manga takes precedent over the anime.
all the pillars are miraculously healed right after, you're catching on straws, i proved that the art is as inconsistent as it gets, using it as an argument is simply unreliable, even from a common sens prespective the houses being all destroyed but the grounf staying prefectly intact doesn't even make sens, the ground isn't immune to deformations and damage yet that what it seems like
I'm not sure how this is relevant in any way because Gotouge never drew the damn ground cracking.
which makes zero sens, because the slashes don't just phase trough the ground as i've shown you, you're still arguing in the sens that the backround is inconsistent therefore the damage done to it was a myth, if anything the slashes literally come from below the ground
Gyutaro's slashes never came off the ground, they came off his body then rose into the air in the manga.

...literal semantics, that's what you'r arguing, the only "different" showing visible is the buildings started to get destroyed in the manga before the blood blades started coming of the ground (which is arguibly just a change of prespective since the manga provides a bird's POV while the anime focuses on gyutaro's body from the ground)

even then...that proves what exactly?
horay, buildings started getting destroyed before the ground does, cool that proves just about literally nothing

which goes back to this
either ways, you're dodging the point, the anime showed us the process that took place, the manga didn't, and in the anime the ground was clearly getting fragmented to littler peices, unless you can prove otherwise concede your point, because you're just repeating the same arguments
that's a none factor?

the manga never shows us the actual explosion, it simply shows the aftermath, the anime clarified the process and showed us how the district was destroyed and the ammount of damage caused your own link proves my point, it just shows gyutaro's blood blades rotating and then skips to tanjiro waking up without providing any further input like the anime did, not even how he survive

I'm not sure how this is relevant in any way because Gotouge never drew the damn ground cracking.
the anime did, and that's important why?
you can visibly see it happening in the anime and damage just disappears, which i said it's inconsistent backround, you're arguing the damage that we see was a myth, at this point at this point you're just stone walling tbh

Gyutaro's slashes never came off the ground, they came off his body then rose into the air in the manga.
how many times do i have to quote this

the manga never shows us the actual explosion, it simply shows the aftermath, the anime clarified the process and showed us how the district was destroyed and the ammount of damage caused your own link proves my point, it just shows gyutaro's blood blades rotating and then skips to tanjiro waking up without providing any further input like the anime did, not even how he survive
the anime, showed, the god damn process, the manga just skipped it, use that as a reference
where did the blood blades come from in the process shown?

anyways

(and has anti-feats too
what are they tho?

kinda curious

...literal semantics, that's what you'r arguing, the only "different" showing visible is the buildings started to get destroyed in the manga before the blood blades started coming of the ground (which is arguibly just a change of prespective since the manga provides a bird's POV while the anime focuses on gyutaro's body from the ground)
Gyutaro's slashes had already been fired and started destroying things with no depiction of the ground being fragmented.
the anime did, and that's important why?
you can visibly see it happening in the anime and damage just disappears, which i said it's inconsistent backround, you're arguing the damage that we see was a myth, at this point at this point you're just stone walling tbh
The anime is inconsistent with itself when it goes back to adapting manga scenes because the ground cracking is an anime-only addition.
the anime, showed, the god damn process, the manga just skipped it, use that as a reference
where did the blood blades come from in the process shown?
The scene of Gyutaro's slashes cracking the ground is literally the same scene as this.

I'm not gonna continue arguing over this because you're blatantly ignoring everything I've said while also failing to prove the slashes fragmented everything in a 126 meter radius like the calc is claiming

Gyutaro's slashes had already been fired and started destroying things with no depiction of the ground being fragmented.
because that part was skipped, cool i guess?

The anime is inconsistent with itself when it goes back to adapting manga scenes because the ground cracking is an anime-only addition.
an addition that actually shows the process of how the district was destroyed that was wholly skipped in the mang, as i said, like right above, even with literal common sens the buildings getting destroyed but the ground staying perfectly intact is bullshit the ground isn't immune to damage, and it goes bacl to inconsistent backround showings

The scene of Gyutaro's slashes cracking the ground is literally the same scene as this.
..no it isn't?

that's just a single frame, the ground cracking comes after that

I'm not gonna continue arguing over this because you're blatantly ignoring everything I've said

nice going, care to show where i've ignored your points and handwaved them???

because that seems a bit iportant here, i don't like getting accused of acting like a dipshit willy nilly
while also failing to prove the slashes fragmented everything in a 126 meter radius like the calc is claiming
and i was never even trying to, what i was proving, is the ground cracking and getting fragmented is literal ******* common sens, which appearently you've failed to understand?

inconsistent background showings doesn't mean the damage we saw was a myth like you're arguing for it to be

Also, Gyutaro's calc shouldnt use the anime. The anime buffed it a
So we gonna ignore a major feat for the verse? Just because the anime gave more depth on the same feat that was shortened in the manga? Sounds oddd + making everyone scale from gyutaros DC feat is much better than scaling to rengoku's durability BEFORE he became a hashira

In the manga, Gyutaro used three attacks in three different directions
In the anime, Gyutaro used a AoE attack that worked as a generic explosion

In the manga, the begin of the attack didnt showed the ground being destroyed
In the anime, the ground got destroyed at same time that the attack started to expand

Its not just "the anime showed more depth about the scene", the point is that the manga doesnt support the anime scene, and as such, we shouldnt use it at all

We got anime scenes like in Jojo Part 1, with DIO cutting clouds with his laser against Jonathan. The scene is basically more in depth about the feat that also happened in the manga, but without the cloud thing, and thus we cant use it. The same should apply here

In the manga, Gyutaro used three attacks in three different directions
In the anime, Gyutaro used a AoE attack that worked as a generic explosion

In the manga, the begin of the attack didnt showed the ground being destroyed
In the anime, the ground got destroyed at same time that the attack started to expand

Its not just "the anime showed more depth about the scene", the point is that the manga doesnt support the anime scene, and as such, we shouldnt use it at all

We got anime scenes like in Jojo Part 1, with DIO cutting clouds with his laser against Jonathan. The scene is basically more in depth about the feat that also happened in the manga, but without the cloud thing, and thus we cant use it. The same should apply here

the cherry picking is..intense, to say the least, the anime is not "too different from the manga",at all,The anime changes per your own words one or two semantical things, which are absolutely irrelevant toward the actual feat, At best it's manga = we don't know, anime = boom happens. Because one of them draws a strong conclusion and the other does not contradict it and provides no definitive answer, the logical conclusion woudl thus be that that the explosion could have also occurred within the manga but was not depicted clearly, to reconcile the manga with the anime (which is incredibly easy because of how closely the latter is to the former), there is no inherent contradiction, so you can't even claim as such because the manga doesn't show it means it didn't happen at all
the same end result was reached, you're all really are just arguing semantics and catching on straws

the cherry picking is..intense, to say the least, the anime is not "too different from the manga",at all,The anime changes per your own words one or two semantical things, which are absolutely irrelevant toward the actual feat, At best it's manga = we don't know, anime = boom happens. Because one of them draws a strong conclusion and the other does not contradict it and provides no definitive answer, the logical conclusion woudl thus be that that the explosion could have also occurred within the manga but was not depicted clearly, to reconcile the manga with the anime (which is incredibly easy because of how closely the latter is to the former), there is no inherent contradiction, so you can't even claim as such because the manga doesn't show it means it didn't happen at all
the same end result was reached, you're all really are just arguing semantics and catching on straws
Then in that case as an example we can use Part 1 Dio's anime feat with cutting the clouds with his eye laser...since its very close to the manga's fight, and didn't change much at all.

Then in that case as an example we can use Part 1 Dio's anime feat with cutting the clouds with his eye laser...since its very close to the manga's fight, and didn't change much at all.
ok....then do it?

why you asking me?
i don't even know that feat to begin with

this isn't really a case of me trying to convince anyone with every joe bob and peter against this for whatever reason but

To me it looks like the manga had the blast go upwards first and just destroy the building.

Where anime had more of an oomph with the blast which destroyed the ground then the buildings.

...literal semantics, that's what you're arguing, the only "different" showing visible is the buildings started to get destroyed in the manga before the blood blades started coming of the ground (which is arguibly just a change of prespective since the manga provides a bird's POV while the anime focuses on gyutaro's body from the ground)

it's whichever anyways

imma just dip

But the thing is...that anime feat of Dio was not used and can't be used due to it being an anime only thing. And it was VERY close to the Dio vs Jonathan fight just the ending part changed with the lasers. And your using the Gyutaro thing from the anime which is very different from the manga, so why would it be used tho?

Unless there is a reason for it?

the ending part changed with the lasers.
so there was a change with the end result, nice, that explains why

here, the end result is the same, the process was clarified and the anime changes one or two semantical things, which are absolutely irrelevant toward the actual feat, unlike the one you mentioned

still dipping anyways, because most likely than not, it ain't gonna get accepted

The question is what they will scale down to. Apparently the 100x multiplier was never officially accepted, so the thing I outlined in the OP isn't valid anymore.

So the current feat is debunked and the amp is an unacceptable figure so what till the current rating be? List the other best feats in the OP tbh.

not to be too much of a silly billy, but I thought you said don't use anything from you pre-2022? :p

Though with the Hypersonic that might be a problem given the sunrise is so.. integral for demons to flee before then... anyway

Again, as SeijiSetto, I and others have brought up, the 100x amp is inconsistent. I note some are conflating the emission of an ability (Gyutaro's Demon Blood Art..) with a SINGLE attack.

I love getting to point out the things on the AP page for people:

"The attack potency depends on the energy output of a single attack, not the area of effect of the attack."
This is a flurry of attacks, like how Sukuna's DE sends out a lot of slashes across and area. For AP we don't care about how many attacks you can shoot out a second like we would for a video game with DPS, we want to know how much each of those strikes does individually. The number of times it hits something per second is part of the speed. There are some attacks in fiction that do impart the full thing all at once fundamentally and then deal the damage afterwards or at once, however Gyutaro's blast of slashes (plural) is more akin to multiple swings at once, like Sukuna shooting multiple slashes off at the same time.

Gyutaro even says his blood demon art is comprised of many slashes in his naming of them and in his internal monologue as well as other characters saying it too.
Now idk, but we have multiple people saying Gyutaro's ability has multiple parts to the attack.
I highly suggest NOT using Gyutaro's last ditch flurry of attacks for a calculation in a similar part to why I said we should use the singular dragons rather than all of them at once... and in the dialogues we have ....
Gyutaro's slashes
Even the opposing viewpoint...
the blood blades
well, that's nice we all agree it is multiple emissions.
that's a none factor?

Passerby.. I'm going to link you these: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Inverse_Square_Law <- go read this to understand you don't have to scale to the Area of Effect to scale to the damage done in the area cause you are conflating the two with Gyutaro's attack, https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Calculations <-go read the values for fragmentation if it didn't happen it does matter. Using Gyutaro's last blast of blades the way you are suggesting violates a lot of this including the Attack Potency page's statement I quoted above. His attack reminds me of a hax more than an actual thing he would scale to with the AP feat...
shear strength
We also do not know how much the demon's neck is good for on a UTS. Why did you bring it up? We've established Gyutaro doesn't have a UES, emits his Blood Demon Art and does not inherently scale to the end result.
it's literally just magic
If it isn't a UES then it does not scale, there is no proof of it being a UES so there for it does not scale... If you have proof of it being a UES I encourage you to provide them.

You don't have to be orders of magnitude stronger to slice someone who IS NOT orders of magnitude stronger than yourself, the easier conclusion is Gyutaro isn't as strong as you claim given there is so much evidence to the contrary.
former needs inverse-square
It is an explosion we see something resembling TNT. I do believe that needs to be considered, we should try and get it recalced if we get a chance.
latter one
What sort of questions about the latter one? (Because I don't know if he generates the wood dragons or uses existing plants to make them).

well, that's nice we all agree it is multiple emissions.
i was arguing said multiple emmissions destrory the ground and not phase trough it, not sure what your point is here?

Passerby.. I'm going to link you these: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Inverse_Square_Law <- go read this to understand you don't have to scale to the Area of Effect to scale to the damage done in the area cause you are conflating the two with Gyutaro's attack, https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Calculations <-go read the values for fragmentation if it didn't happen it does matter. Using Gyutaro's last blast of blades the way you are suggesting violates a lot of this including the Attack Potency page's statement I quoted above. His attack reminds me of a hax more than an actual thing he would scale to with the AP feat...
....once again, i was arguing that the ground is physcally being destroyed, not sure what the inverse square law has anything to do with this?

even without that spawning several hundred blood blades usinng a single technique that pulverizes houses in a several hundred meters radius is attack potency depnding on the definition at least, (the one you quoted doesn't support this) and tengen was physically blocking and dealing with the blood blades that gyutaro was throwing at him and he doesn't just fold gyutaro like a twig, the blood blades are either comparable or even the same in terms of potency as gyutaro's physical attacks

but anyways, agreed on the AP part

edit: idk if it's on purpose or not, but you left this one out

Attack Potency is the measure of Destructive Capacity of an attack, and as such, is measured via its energy damage equivalent.
by definition then gyutaro's feat counts as AP because it was a single skill that unleashed those blood blades, so he scales to the destruction that they caused

We also do not know how much the demon's neck is good for on a UTS. Why did you bring it up? We've established Gyutaro doesn't have a UES, emits his Blood Demon Art and does not inherently scale to the end result.
...that has nothing to do with the point i was arguing in the post you quoted, and trough the entire fight i didn't see anything that suggests the blood blades were several orders of magnitudes stronger than than gyutaro since tengen was dealing with them and was also physically contending with gyutaro without the latter being in a single disatvantage

the way BDA work is by using blood as an energy source to fuel their abilities, said blood is the source of their strenght and abilities to begin with, the purer it is, the stronger they become (and yes, i'm talking physical strenght 2), idk why this isn't enough evidence for a UES but it is what it is lol

also what does UTS stand for?

If it isn't a UES then it does not scale, there is no proof of it being a UES so there for it does not scale... If you have proof of it being a UES I encourage you to provide them.
...this is the demon slayer mark, what are you even addressing in that post?

You don't have to be orders of magnitude stronger to slice someone who IS NOT orders of magnitude stronger than yourself, the easier conclusion is Gyutaro isn't as strong as you claim given there is so much evidence to the contrary.
..oh, this, no it's just physics, if tanjiro for example was only able to cut trough, say, 1cm^2 while putting in maximum effort, then unlocks the mark, and shears trough 100cm^2 of the same material, that would be about 100 times more force than his previous strike, and that's without even considering that the distance of applied force would be multiple times longer, so the energy needed to do that is the force x the distance of applied force, aka several orders of magnitudes worth
how strong gyutaro is really doesn't matter (tanjiro objectively failed to shear trough even an inch of his neck when he was weakened and paralyzed), it's the material physcis at play here

but hey, thanks for not ignoring me lol, appreciate it

Last edited:
It is an explosion we see something resembling TNT. I do believe that needs to be considered, we should try and get it recalced if we get a chance.
he appears to be (roughly) in the center of where they were all dropped, which is why i'm not sure if ISL should be used - is that enough to consider him at the epicenter or not, i'll have to ask.

What sort of questions about the latter one? (Because I don't know if he generates the wood dragons or uses existing plants to make them).
the wood dragon calc supposes that, in bursting out of the ground, the dragons fragmented a volume of rock equal to their own volume
i don't see why that's the case, currently? there's nothing that i can see that would prevent them from growing out of just below the surface, for example. maybe i just lack context.

even if they were already fully formed and just moved upwards, you'd need to find the actual depth of rock they burst through (maybe by pixel scaling one of the larger fragments) instead of just equating it to their volume.

Disagree.

I don't really understand why wouldn't Doma's feat scale physical, Blood Demon Arts can be used for a variety of purposes, but they do require an energy output to perform feats. For example: Gyutaro’s destroyed several houses, and there is a certain amount of energy required to do that, now, we know that Akaza is far stronger than Gyutaro, meaning that he must be able to deliver attacks that release more energy than Gyutaro’s, therefore a 100% physical attack such as a punch or a kick from Akaza must release even more energy than the energy released by Gyutaro’s attacks. The same applies to Doma, creating an ice sculpture requires a certain amount of energy, and Doma is able to release that energy via his BDA, Doma also has physical attacks and since he’s still using his BDA to perform such attacks, they scale the ice sculpture feat. Some characters are able to deflect, block or somewhat withstand Doma’s attacks through sheer strength, so they physically scale to Doma’s ice sculpture. Characters like Kokushibo, Muzan or Yoriichi are known to be far stronger than Doma, meaning that they can release way more energy through their attacks, and these 3 characters are mostly centered in physicals.
In addition, the Creation Feats page states the following: “In order to apply to a character's capacity to harm other characters, that is their usual Attack Potency, their Creation has to be connected to their other abilities. Often that is due to a common power system, in which the same energy used for creation is used for attacks. For example, it can be reasoned that a mage which expends mana from its energy pool to make a city and then channels a similar or greater amount of mana into another attack can scale to its creation feat”. And this is exactly what happens with Doma, he is capable of creating an ice sculpture using his BDA, and he can also use his BDA to physically attack others, therefore his physical attacks and those who can rival them scale to his ice sculpture feat.
Also, an UES isn't a must, nowhere it’s said that there has to be an UES so that characters can scale to creation feats.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back