• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATHBATTLE! Season 6! (CLOSED) Continue below:

Huesito88 said:
Superman does have infinite power. Proof that he has infinite power: he can beat Batman but Batman can beat ANyone With PREp timE!
Batman stomps Superman, what are you talking about? (It's a outliner/pis if Superman ever beat Batman)
Superman can beat Batman using his weakness: Poverty.

@Violet: Even if it is one sided or anything, it's thematically a very fitting fight when you thing about it.

I am curious, we know the winner but how did each Mega Man fare in the fight? Did they went down in order or such or the winner took everyone down at once?

@Tarta On paper it sounds like a good match, but in execution and the fact if you look at ALL of their stats combined, pretty much all of them stomp each other either way. So it's not even a battle anymore. More or less a .EXE genocide.

It was Classic vs X vs Volnutt then Geo vs .EXE. Then it was every man for himself after one of them created a black hole. Also Geo didn't heal which is bullshit lol

VioletVoid100 said:
@Tarta On paper it sounds like a good match, but in execution and the fact if you look at ALL of their stats combined, pretty much all of them stomp each other either way. So it's not even a battle anymore. More or less a .EXE genocide.
It was Classic vs X vs Volnutt then Geo vs .EXE. Then it was every man for himself after one of them created a black hole. Also Geo didn't heal which is bullshit lol
To be fair, I'm so glad I found this site. At the end of the day, most Death Battles are sadly stomps. However, that doesn't stop them from being entertaining as hell.

By the way, if anyone wanted to check out the Batman Villian Battle Royale I did or the same idea but with Superman's Villians that I'll do soon, him me up. I'll stop promoting myself I promise (even though this is only the second time lol)

Yet always say "Let's settle this debate once and for all" which contradicts in of themselves. Not to mention that isn't a good excuse to be misinformed on various information when analysising the characters. That's on par with the whole "She a girl you can't hit her". Just because she a girl, ain't a good excuse to not hit her if she hits me and start assaulting me aggravating me in the process. You gotta put a sleepy beast down somehow.

When they say "Let's settle this debate once and for all!" It's only because it has become one of their catch phrases. They never intended to be 100% correct on every single battle that they make. They're only a bunch of humans, and humans make mistakes.

@Violet: I agree, actually. But DB is a show made mainly for entertainment and pleasing the public first of all, so they will go for popular matchups and thematically similar opponents regardless of how fair the fight actually is. Then take in count their time constraints and how they likely don't have a big database like and go from scratch from one fight to another.

Not making excuses or anything, just... they work on a different standard, also they are kinda stuck with it, non VS debating nerds care only about the cool fight and the similar matchup and will consistently bring up with these or those two haven't fought even if the fight is really one sided.

And if you think things can be bad, I heard Pit's second opponent was Pegasus Seiya after Sora due to being more similar, but they went with Sora due to being more popular.

Want to get this out of the way
How did mah boi X do? I know he got EXEd, but did he put a good fight? How did he place among the Megamen? Our standards have him at the solid mid tier, what did DB say? Please don't tell me he was a chump... ;_;
@Titan: While this place has a ton of research and effort behind, don't take it as the law on debates and powers on the characters. Use it as a source and compare with other ones for your own vision, especially if debating in other places. The site constantly updates, revises and corrects itself, so what we say isn't really set in stone or anything. For example, if a character has a City Level check why the site gave him said rating not just take it because the site said so. Just friendly advice >_>

If you cannot answer without spoiler tabs now, answer this on Thursday morning JST / Wednesday evening EST. Thanks

Spoilers for Ep 106
From my own understanding Black Widow is stomped by Widowmaker in strength, durability and (according to Screwattack standards) even speed.
(And Screwattack crew are notorious for not accepting Marvel Small Town characters to Street characters having ~Mach 8000 combat speed - but are totally fine with Jack and Afro being relativistic so do not expect Black Widow to have Mach 8000 speed in their shows.)
But quite some people (including certain mod in another web forum) are saying that Marvel Black Widow is superior against Overwatch Widowmaker in almost every category.
(Maybe BW wins in anything other than the stat triangle or just... having a better look idk)
Please reconcile.

@Titan: While this place has a ton of research and effort behind, don't take it as the law on debates and powers on the characters. Use it as a source and compare with other ones for your own vision, especially if debating in other places. The site constantly updates, revises and corrects itself, so what we say isn't really set in stone or anything. For example, if a character has a City Level check why the site gave him said rating not just take it because the site said so. Just friendly advice >_> </div>

I know this site can be wrong. I've seen dumb shit here too. You only proved my point. We're all human. Humans make MISTAKES.

Son of a. I'm on mobile give me a break you typed a novel.

Hey, at least here we have the ability to correct our mistakes through collective debate. DB doesn't have that option, but they try their best with their limited time and resources. At least in DB Cast, they can defend their reasoning

Sorvoe551 said:
Hey, at least here we have the ability to correct our mistakes through collective debate. DB doesn't have that option, but they try their best with their limited time and resources. At least in DB Cast, they can defend their reasoning
Which also explains

1. Why they prefer stompy/spiteful matchups.

2. Why they want to make their arguments and verdicts sound stompy/spiteful even if our standards suggest they should not.

Speaking of which, I wonder if anyone has an opinion on the Disney Princess Line Battle Royale.

Sorvoe551 said:
Yeah. I think they could openly state when they feel they made a mistake or when their previous results are outdated, however given the volatile nature of VS debates and the amount of backlash all Death Battles get despite how accurate they may be (especially from disgruntled fans whose favorite lost), admitting openly they got something wrong would lead to who knows how much annoyance telling them to do a rematch, delete the fight or something.

God, I really hate Death Battle's timing! Overwatch is about to have their next Archive's event which is hinted that it'll center around Talon. This could mean new feats for Widowmaker! Death Battle always does this!

MeleeniumRXJ said:
God, I really hate Death Battle's timing! Overwatch is about to have their next Archive's event which is hinted that it'll center around Talon. This could mean new feats for Widowmaker! Death Battle always does this!
This is the Death Battle Curse. When Death Battle makes a new episode, it is very likely it is commemorating some new events, or if it isn't, there will "suddenly" be new things happening surrounding the combatants and/or their respective verses.

I loved the fight. Amazing. Also, I expected it to end that way, black hole kills the two weakest (DB even said bow ****** Volnutt was lol) and then it's between the fan favorite and the two cosmic entities (which they also point out, good job!) All and all, best 8-bit fight yet for me, and I have a lot of favorite 8-bit fights. (Ichigo vs Naruto, Zoro vs Erza, and Scorpion vs Ryu)

@Jason: Hope that means a new Megaman game in the horizon OvO

The Megamen battle was pretty awesome, did feel a bit bad for Volnutt. Otherwise, EXE did his EXEing as we expected, but boy it looked great.

Yeah I wasn't too big on how they treated Volnutt as a joke character, but I'm happy they acknowledged EXE's stuff as actual universal and faster than light feats as opposed to "It's digital so it's not real".

Really enjoyed this one, pretty entertaining with accurate results and solid reasoning.

Giving my thoughts here.

Pretty good episode, my favorite in a long time. The research was pretty on point, although the EXE speed wank and the X and Volnut downplay were a bit sad, i'm not too bumped. Glad they used the mangas as well.

They didn't waste too much time with jokes or character backstory, which i like. Still hate how Wiz and Boomstick are animated, but that's that.

The fight itself was beautiful. Lot of fast paced, sprite fight, lots of cool particle effects, and the final part of the battle with X, Geo and EXE was hype as hell.

Over all, good job to the Death Battle folks. Poor Volnut tho, he was the true winner of this fight.

Also, i've seen some haxes that are missing from EXE's and Geo's pages, but too lazy to make CRT.

Back