• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Knuckles vs Crash as a matchup, is it just me or does DB keep using less and less lighthearted characters in fights? Like, Season 5 had Crash vs Spyro, Pit vs Sora, Mario vs Sonic 2 and debatably Roshi vs Jirahya. Season 6 had the Mega Man Battle Royale and Wario vs Dedede. Season 7 had Leo vs Jason, Danny vs Jake and Red vs Blue (That series got more serious later but that matchup was mostly based on the earlier seasons). Every other matchup had at least one character from an at least somewhat serious series.

Like, it makes sense and I kinda like it better this way, if you're going to brutally kill characters it makes more sense to take them from more mature properties, but it's a trend I've noticed. I'd rather not spend an entire fighting animation wincing and wondering how either Smokey the Bear or McGruff the Crime Dog is going to horribly die.
If they only used "mature characters", it would kill a lot of good potential episodes.

Please reconstruct your setences better next time. Anyways Knuckles was always a impulsive person, I am arguing he isn't dumb, but he is gullible and impulsive, nothing you said is proof he is dumb dude

That isn't context, it's just Sonic tauting Knuckles

That's a fair criticism, I still think the 2010 are when things went wrong but I can respect your opinion
I mean, being gullible and being dumb aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm sure in terms of IQ he's all good, but when the main villain, who has repeatedly tried to take over the world mind you, manages to dupe you into fighting your actual friends on more than one occasion, you should probably start evaluating your intelligence....and your gullibility.

Yes but that doesn't mean he actualy is dumb when the dude is an excellent treasure hunter and can read ancient language, and I explained how Eggman duping Knuckles it's alright in Adventure and 3&K, plus Eggman is incredible smart, people act if he was duped by some random thug

Yes but that doesn't mean he actualy is dumb when the dude is an excellent treasure hunter and can read ancient language, and I explained how Eggman duping Knuckles it's alright in Adventure and 3&K, plus Eggman is incredible smart, people act if he was duped by some random thug
I guess folks expect him to not fall for eggman schemes after the first time

noelle_vs_juvia_i_death_battle_by_jess964_deelwnq-pre.jpg
man_thing_vs_swamp_thing_by_kenshinryougi_deelpt0-pre.jpg
doflamingo_vs_nui_harime_by_connordiesel_deen108-pre.jpg

Last edited:
Okay well then why does neither have a chance of happening though? As both are pretty good matchups
Cause simple
1.Laharl is a Literal WHO or a nicer way to put it too Niche and Obscure
2.Vegeta is more requested to fight Thor if he were to come back on DB and given the MU have been a CDB and a DBX and severely Popular it has a greater chance of happening
Same thing with Jacob Crow too obscure and Albert been requested against Kazuya mostlyt

Cause simple
1.Laharl is a Literal WHO or a nicer way to put it too Niche and Obscure
2.Vegeta is more requested to fight Thor if he were to come back on DB and given the MU have been a CDB and a DBX and severely Popular it has a greater chance of happening
Same thing with Jacob Crow too obscure and Albert been requested against Kazuya mostlyt

Thor makes way less sense than Laharl though and a character being lesser known doesn't mean much as lesser known characters have appeared in death battles before

Thor makes way less sense than Laharl though and a character being lesser known doesn't mean much as lesser known characters have appeared in death battles before
except Thor is a big draw and massively well known and the connections for it are there for it even if it ain't that great
so it does make sense to do thor vs vegeta than laharl vs vegeta especially where laharl is not even on vegeta radar as a popular opponent and the crew's lack of knowledge of laharl existence

What are the odds that Vegeta, especially since Thor can be a massive money maker and thematic, will fight Laharl?
Thor has vastly better matchups that would be bigger money makers and that make more sense while Death Battle has done matchups that definitely aren't money matches or popular

except Thor is a big draw and massively well known and the connections for it are there for it even if it ain't that great
so it does make sense to do thor vs vegeta than laharl vs vegeta especially where laharl is not even on vegeta radar as a popular opponent and the crew's lack of knowledge of laharl existence
Thor being a big draw doesn't really matter though since death battle have put popular characters against less popular before

Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen and Hulk vs Broly say hi.

Edit: Actually also add Beerus vs Galaxia since the main reason they didn't use Hades is because they didn't know who he is. And don't forget a researcher had to fight to get Ryuko to be added to DB.

Thor has vastly better matchups that would be bigger money makers and that make more sense while Death Battle has done matchups that definitely aren't money matches or popular
no the **** he doesn't
Vegeta is literally Thor most popular opponent :ROFLMAO:
outside of Shazam who's getting more requested to fight to Seiya as of late Thor has literally no one else to face
and just because DB does MU that weren't gonna draw big views which( lets be real it varies depending on the character significance to the viewer and how well the fight is) they'll do the fights folks want most of the time

Thor being a big draw doesn't really matter though since death battle have put popular characters against less popular before
uh it actually does matter in cases
like which MU is gonna draw more?
Goku vs Superman or Goku vs Medaka?
Superman vs Goku or Superman vs Sentry?
you know the answer to this
Thor is one of the most well known super heroes from Marvel and his comics are selling like hot cakes
not to mention easier to bring back
Lucy only happened because nick suggest her given the crew didn't like Darth Maul vs Carnage due to the weak connections to it and didn't want to put him against Mercer who there saving for Cole

I will play Devil's Advocate and say that Laharl vs Vegeta might happen in the future especially if Laharl does not have better opponents. But I feel like Thor vs Vegeta is more likely to happen as of now.

Vegeta vs Thor does sound silly and I don't like it. But it has been gaining a lot of hype lately. Not to mention it has been a Community Death Battle, DBX, and even One Minute Melee. Also what is the jurisdiction on Supes? Is he still banned from Death Battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back