• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For theming between Ryuko vs Guyver
  • Both of their universes had alien lifeforms (Life Fibers and the Creators) come to Earth, where they helped shape the evolution of man
  • Said alien lifeforms later developed parasitic forms of biosuits which had or has the potential to consume their host (Life Fibers initially consumed the host before covering them as a sort of biosuit such as Senketsu while the Guyver Unit is based on an alien parasite which consumes its hosts without the control medallion)
  • The main villains of their respective series (Ragyo and Alkanfel) help serve said alien lifeforms (Ragyo was meant to protect the Primordial Life Fibers until they awoken, Alkanfel was created by the Creators to help lead the Zoanoids)
  • Alien life forms had at some point a plan to blow up Earth (Life Fibers reproduce by blowing up the planet to help spread themselves, the Creators threw a meteor with enough power to blow up Earth)
  • In "present day", a Japanese teenager (Ryuko and Sho) happen upon said biosuits (Senketsu and Guyver Unit 1) which they use to fight off the organization ran by the main villains (Honnōji Academy and Chronos) and the enemies produced by them (Goku Uniforms and Zoanoids)
  • Said biosuits are also bonded to them on the DNA level
  • Both of them had dead fathers by the hands of weapons that they currently hold (Ryuko's dad died from the scissor blades albeit from Nui, Sho killed his father with the Guyver Units
So, they have the similar backstories and shit in terms of enemies they fight, biosuits they wear, their big bads, who they are and also a dead dad too. And similar stats too for the cherry on top.
If Guyver wasn’t irrelevant these days it probably would’ve had a better shot happening

Said this on DBW already, buuuuut I honestly don't mind this happening now after seeing how Broly was handled.

16092534734202602891307799812514.jpg

Also Trunks stomps Crono harder than he stomps Silver lol. Man stomps all his opponents, especially with the multipliers, so I don't there's any point in trying to find a "fair" mu for him.

Also Trunks stomps Crono harder than he stomps Silver lol. Man stomps all his opponents, especially with the multipliers, so I don't there's any point in trying to find a "fair" mu for him.
Sailor Moon Fans thought they were gonna get the Easy dub
Marvel Fans thought they were gonna get the Dub
and all they ate was an L
tenor.gif

Beerus vs Galaxia is technically a stomp now if you go by what Broly was given lol
i mean it was already a stomp before they did Broly vs Hulk
they admitted to high balled Galaxia to 8x Universal and even then it fell short to Beerus and said if they went with the multiplier route Beerus would've destroyed her even worse

Also, regarding the Steven vs Star convo, been a while since I watched or cared much about Star VS, but I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to scale the wand's general attack speed to Skywynne's spell, since all it was was her dipping down while very emotional, there's not really anything saying that she'd be firing off spells a bazillion times faster than usual. You could probably debate that tho. Otherwise, the best argument for really high speed is probably Omnitraxus being super fast by necessity at full size. Outside all that, there's natural lightning timing that's def legit, but that's slower than Steven obviously.

As far as base is concerned, I know Skywynne has a base form feat from the book that nobody talks about, where she stops and restarts a planet's rotation. You could argue it's consistent with Star oneshotting Helios, who threatened to eat the planet, though Helios is also pretty unhinged so idk. I also remember thinking that there were arguments for season 4 base Star scaling above Eclipsa, I think it was breaking Rhombulus' crystal (which Eclipsa couldn't) and fighting the Solarian Warrior thing.

Regardless, I'm p sure Star still wins even if she is slower and weaker in base. Her dura should def scale in butterfly form, which means Steven shouldn't be able to harm her at that point. And she should have the AoE to tag him easily enough.

Also, DB doesn't do kill before transformations, as they like to analyze characters at their peak.

Also, regarding the Steven vs Star convo, been a while since I watched or cared much about Star VS, but I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to scale the wand's general attack speed to Skywynne's spell, since all it was was her dipping down while very emotional, there's not really anything saying that she'd be firing off spells a bazillion times faster than usual. You could probably debate that tho. Otherwise, the best argument for really high speed is probably Omnitraxus being super fast by necessity at full size. Outside all that, there's natural lightning timing that's def legit, but that's slower than Steven obviously.

As far as base is concerned, I know Skywynne has a base form feat from the book that nobody talks about, where she stops and restarts a planet's rotation. You could argue it's consistent with Star oneshotting Helios, who threatened to eat the planet, though Helios is also pretty unhinged so idk. I also remember thinking that there were arguments for season 4 base Star scaling above Eclipsa, I think it was breaking Rhombulus' crystal (which Eclipsa couldn't) and fighting the Solarian Warrior thing.

Regardless, I'm p sure Star still wins even if she is slower and weaker in base. Her dura should def scale in butterfly form, which means Steven shouldn't be able to harm her at that point. And she should have the AoE to tag him easily enough.

Also, DB doesn't do kill before transformations, as they like to analyze characters at their peak.

I still think her ability to do versitaile forms of magic would be a benefactor as well as the fact that her Butterfly Form can potentially trump Monster Steven.

Since Maka is potentially coming to Death Battle Season 8, I wanna know if there are good matchups for Black☆Star and Death the Kid.

Tho I wanna see Kid fight Satsuki.

Like the research team has said before, unless they need some outside element to reach their full power, (like Captain Marvel needing to absorb energy to reach Binary), they assume both fighters are starting at their strongest state, even if the animation has them working up to that state. While Sanji beating Lee pre-8th gate was mentioned, it was just there to establish Lee would need to go 8th gate to be able to kill Sanji, and that even with that he'd still be unable to hit Sanji before the time limit ran out.

I still think her ability to do versitaile forms of magic would be a benefactor as well as the fact that her Butterfly Form can potentially trump Monster Steven.

Since Maka is potentially coming to Death Battle Season 8, I wanna know if there are good matchups for Black☆Star and Death the Kid.

Tho I wanna see Kid fight Satsuki.
Stocking Anarchy for Kid
Killua or Yoh from Shaman King for Black Star

Plot twist on Superman vs Goku 3: Superman speed blitzes Goku and gets past his superior durability with hax.
Hax? Superman? That's the funniest thing I've seen all day.
I don't have a matchup for Black Star or Kid, but Franken Stein vs Byleth Eisner works pretty well I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back