• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Watch Sanji vs Rock Lee it’s so hype!”-Ben

Entire community reaction to Sanji vs Lee:

300px-Mike_Wazowski-Sulley_Face_Swap.jpg

From one of my favorite bloggers

…Seriously?

What’s with the booking this season? It’s not even that we’ve had an overload of cape characters, not really, it’s that we’ve had an overload of really crappy cape matchups.

Look, I’m not saying that they didn’t overload on capes. Look at my original fights. I’ve done 20 fights. None have been Marvel vs DC. 6 involve superhero related characters in the broadest sense counting characters like Billy Butcher and the Masked Mutant from Goosebumps. 3 involve a Marvel or DC character, 4 if you count Isis (though as I covered in her fight, she’s not actually a DC character).

My website is called Capeworld Comics, and I do fewer cape battles than Death Battle.

But cape overdose isn’t the real problem.

The problem is the cape matchups suck.

Sindel vs Black Canary? Spider-Gwen vs Batgirl? Venom vs Crona? War Machine vs Genos?

What is this, DanCo? DC needs to give Ben and Chad a call, they’d fit right in with the current stable of writers since they have absolutely no idea what to do with the characters.

Regardless of what their goals were this season, they failed spectacularly.

Was their goal to get clicks? Then why didn’t they go something like “All of Batman’s power armor vs all of Tony Stark’s power armor?” Why didn’t they do DKR Batman vs Old Man Logan? Why didn’t they do Piccolo vs Martian Manhunter–by god it would have sucked as a theme, but you can’t argue that it wouldn’t have attracted normies like soy boys to Nintendo products. The same could be said of fights like Supergirl vs Sailor Moon.

Was their goal to make really cool looking fights? Then why didn’t they do Atom vs Hank Pym? Imagine all the cool ways they could have represented two subatomic fighters. Or imagine they did Shang-Chi vs Richard Dragon and shot it like a 70’s grindhouse film complete with film grain?

Was their goal to curate characters and introduce normies to cool stuff, to lean into the “I can’t believe they did a fight with Bucky O’ Hare” hype? Then why didn’t they do Rom vs Tekkaman Blade? Or Fin Fang Foom vs King Ghidorah? Or Devil Dinosaur and Moonboy in a team fight against Spear and Fang from Primal?

Pick your criteria, they blew it.

And now, to cap off this awful season, we get Broly vs Hulk.

God, poor BvS guy. First Butcher vs Stain gets cucked into what would have been the worst death battle of all time if not for Red vs Blue and now Asura vs Broly gets cucked into this disgrace.

Ben and Chad deserve coal in their stocking this Christmas.

Venom vs Crona and Sindel vs Black Canary were honestly pretty good IMO. The Seven Battle Royale was an extra thing. It's not like it was Seven Battle Royale or Cole vs Alex or something. It was Seven Battle Royale or no Seven Battle Royale.

This season was bad by DB standards, but by no means was it terrible. Genos vs War Machine, She-Ra vs Wonder Woman and Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen were the only bad fights this season I'd say. For the former, both have way better matchups, and it was mostly an unnecessary stomp for a Comics character. I also don't see why this, out of all matchups, had to be an animated fight instead of sprites or models. For the second, it had mediocre at best research, a mediocre at best animation, and was in general forgettable as hell. The last one just didn't need to happen at all. Batman vs Spiderman didn't need a remake. By season 1 standards, the research was damn near flawless and neither Batgirl or Spider-Gwen had enough differences to really change the fight.

Honestly, this season is getting a bad rap. Goro vs Machamp, Cable vs Booster Gold and Kenobi vs Kakashi were phenomenal. Beerus vs Galaxia is up there too. Once again, Sabrewulf VS Jon Talbain should have been shit, but no. It was a top tier episode. I'd say this season more than made up for it's flaws.

Venom vs Crona and Sindel vs Black Canary were honestly pretty good IMO. The Seven Battle Royale was an extra thing. It's not like it was Seven Battle Royale or Cole vs Alex or something. It was Seven Battle Royale or no Seven Battle Royale.

This season was bad by DB standards, but by no means was it terrible. Genos vs War Machine, She-Ra vs Wonder Woman and Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen were the only bad fights this season I'd say. For the former, both have way better matchups, and it was mostly an unnecessary stomp for a Comics character. I also don't see why this, out of all matchups, had to be an animated fight instead of sprites or models. For the second, it had mediocre at best research, a mediocre at best animation, and was in general forgettable as hell. The last one just didn't need to happen at all. Batman vs Spiderman didn't need a remake. By season 1 standards, the research was damn near flawless and neither Batgirl or Spider-Gwen had enough differences to really change the fight.

Honestly, this season is getting a bad rap. Goro vs Machamp, Cable vs Booster Gold and Kenobi vs Kakashi were phenomenal. Beerus vs Galaxia is up there too. Once again, Sabrewulf VS Jon Talbain should have been shit, but no. It was a top tier episode. I'd say this season more than made up for it's flaws.
the amount of Capeshit matchups ruined it
Didn’t that guy get rejected from being a DB researcher?
due to some shit about Yang and Tifa

I completely agree with everything you said, but for me I’m still let down by all it’s flaws, for me this season wasn’t awful or bad but mediocre.

For all of it’s amazing episodes it had, it also had episodes that were just forgettable and mediocre to bad. Idk overall just disappointed in this season especially if you compare it to season 6

I completely agree with everything you said, but for me I’m still let down by all it’s flaws, for me this season wasn’t awful or bad but mediocre.

For all of it’s amazing episodes it had, it also had episodes that were just forgettable and mediocre to bad. Idk overall just disappointed in this season especially if you compare it to season 6
yep when you look at Season 5 and 6 it had many positives that outweighed the negatives
this season doesn't sadly

I think otto was rejected because he wouldn’t apologize to someone about making fun of them having a Yang body pillow or something along those lines. I used to be in 4chan with him and he would get toxic at times while other times he was chill.

I don’t know if this is just me but after watching the new DB cast, they really should have just went with 16 episodes instead of 20, like people aren’t really dying for 4 more episodes and with COVID it would have been the smart choice.
well no one saw the whole COVID shit coming and the 20 episode things was probably something from the higher ups

Let's not forget we got an awesome Live Action fight, Danny vs Jake after for what seemed like an eternity of requests, a Power Ranger victory after taking too many L's, Wally West vs. Archie Sonic, a MHA victory, and a Soul Eater debut/victory (which can allow more matchups for the franchise).

True true again, Ruby vs Maka is most likely gonna be the waiting game until Ruby gets some feats to help her have a chance against Maka. I highly doubt that she will ever be given FTL speed since that doesn’t really exist in RWBY aside from the Gods of Light and Darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back