• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
**** it, I know it's not christmas but time to get crucified, I wanted to say this for a long time and yet for some reason I didn't.

Dragon Dance is not a masterpiece, it's just a generic power metal track.

c3c.jpg

**** it, I know it's not christmas but time to get crucified, I wanted to say this for a long time and yet for some reason I didn't.

Dragon Dance is not a masterpiece, it's just a generic power metal track.

I mean I think it's good, but for someone like Yates, it's an average Tuesday for him.

I guess I should throw together a tier list.

Generally unordered within tiers (?)

Tier_list.png

I mean I think it's good, but for someone like Yates, it's an average Tuesday for him.

I guess I should throw together a tier list.

Generally unordered within tiers (?)

Tier_list.png
I have an idea:
(Requiring people to have vast knowledge in music though)
How you would rank every song (say of Season 9) by the closeness in following the theme songs from the respective franchises?
(Say from a 0 of "blatant mesh of theme songs from respective franchises", to 10 being "trust Aaron and Brandon to make something cool")
Reminder: not about how good the song is, but how creative / deviating from the franchise theme songs the battle track goes

My brief idea:
  • Mad Laugh Riot - 8
  • Spellaholic Synonymous - 8
  • Breathless Blades - 4
  • Princes of Pride - 5
  • Diabolical Invincible Me - 2
  • Ego Death - 8.5
  • Hero's Journey - 4.5
  • If It Bleeds - 5
  • The Metal Lotus - 3.5
  • Secret Service - 2
  • Fallen Gods - 8
  • Hedge of Tomorrow - 3
  • Ocean Men - 3.5
  • TGI Halloween - 3.5
  • One Ring to Rule Them All - 4.5
  • Strongest Alive - 3.5
  • Dragon Dance - 3

Last edited:
Should Zoom (Hunter Zolomon) (Rebirth) vs Homura Akemi and Garou vs Godspeed not be coming we have another Flash character Death Battle - and it would be a potential DC Slayer episode
Yes. This is Godspeed (Post-Flashpoint) vs Goro Akechi.

shiorieternal
Zero vs Meta Knight Fan
9h
During their youth, both lost an important family member (Akechi's mother and August's brother). This event was notable for the ways in which it shattered their faith in law enforcement and left them powerless to enact justice on the target they saw as responsible (Akechi was unable to punish Shido for his role in his mothers suicide and August failed in convicting Billy Parks for the murder of his brother). This event also lead both to develop a incredibly powerful lust for revenge against the target they saw as responsible.

They would acquire powerful abilities (The Wildcard and Super Speed) that bound them to a extra-dimensional realm of conceptual foundations (The Metaverse, which is a cognitive reflection of mass human conscious, and The Speed Force, which is a force that is inherently tied to the concept of speed and velocity).

They would also take up a role as a detective

They would grow friendly with the protagonist (The Protagonist and Barry Allen), and later become affiliated with their crime-fighting identities (Joker and The Flash) after assuming vigilante identities of their own (Crow and August just generally being a speed-force hero). However, they would truly be plotting against this figure, secretly acting as the mysterious identity who had been taking lives (The Black Mask and Godspeed). Their rivalry/friendship with this figure sits at the core of their characters and deals with themes relating to justice and how it can be distorted by institutional law enforcement. They also don't believe (at least outwardly for Goro) in the vigilante methods of this figure in their group (Godspeed styles himself as the antithesis to a Flash who "clearly wasn't cutting it" and Goro being a vocal critic of the Phantom Thieves methods in fighting crime)

After a sloppy slip up from them both (Goro contradicting himself with his cover story and August indiscreetly murdering Billy Parks), their true villainous motivations would be revealed. They would fully embrace their treacherous secret identities and face off against the protagonist.

While they may seem composed and normal on the outside, they are unmistakabley sadistic and brutal in pursuit of their goal. Though they do have a notable capacity for good, they have both committed numerous murders, being completely lax to the idea and most notably weaponizing their connection the extra-dimensional realms of their settings to kill a number of targets (Godspeed murdering other Speedsters by draining them of their speed and Akechi causing various mental shutdowns by traveling to the Metaverse and assassinating his targets Shadow Self).

Both would act under big bad higher powers (Masayoshi Shido and Paradox) who used them for their power (Paradox using Godspeed as a conduit for the Cosmic Treadmill and Shido using Akechi as a tool for which he could clear out his political opposition through Mental Shutdowns). Their serving under this figure was directly linked to the trauma of their pasts (Akechi is implied to desperately want validation from his father Shido and Godspeed serves Paradox in hopes that he can finally find who his brothers killer truly was) as well as inwardly facetious (Godspeed was a double-agent against Paradox and Akechi was always planning to enact revenge on Shido).

They would later attempt to atone for their actions (Godspeed in the battles against Grod and Paradox and Akechi both helping the Phantom Thieves at the conclusion of his defeat and aiding them in their attempts to stop Maruki), though neither seem to consider themselves particularly good people even if their actions are virtuous.

Both would die (Akechi in Shido's palace and Godspeed by the hand of Reverse Flash) only for reality-warping craziness to led to both coming back to life (Maruki's reality rewrite and Barry resetting Reverse-Flash). Akechi (probably?) dies again though.

In accordance with the themes of flawed justice that surround their character, both have at some point declared themselves the sole judge of morality ("I decide the truth!"/"I realized that with these powers, I am judge, jury and executioner.")

Similar color aesthetics (striking gold and white), some design similarities (Akechi's Robin Hood Persona resembles Godspeeds costume a little bit with the gold and white, yellow-eye lenses and chest insignia), god motifs in their names (Godspeeds name is self explanatory, Goro's personas being named after the god of mischief Loki), identities that focus on being the continuation of another (Goro being dubbed "The Second Coming of the Detective Prince" and August being clearly based on the Flash to the point where he said he was originally going to call himself "The New and Improved Flash")

Last edited:
Should Zoom (Hunter Zolomon) (Rebirth) vs Homura Akemi and Garou vs Godspeed not be coming we have another Flash character Death Battle - and it would be a potential DC Slayer episode

shiorieternal
Zero vs Meta Knight Fan
9h
During their youth, both lost an important family member (Akechi's mother and August's brother). This event was notable for the ways in which it shattered their faith in law enforcement and left them powerless to enact justice on the target they saw as responsible (Akechi was unable to punish Shido for his role in his mothers suicide and August failed in convicting Billy Parks for the murder of his brother). This event also lead both to develop a incredibly powerful lust for revenge against the target they saw as responsible.

They would acquire powerful abilities (The Wildcard and Super Speed) that bound them to a extra-dimensional realm of conceptual foundations (The Metaverse, which is a cognitive reflection of mass human conscious, and The Speed Force, which is a force that is inherently tied to the concept of speed and velocity).

They would grow friendly with the protagonist (The Protagonist and Barry Allen), and later become affiliated with their crime-fighting identities (Joker and The Flash) after assuming vigilante identities of their own (Crow and August just generally being a speed-force hero). However, they would truly be plotting against this figure, secretly acting as the mysterious identity who had been taking lives (The Black Mask and Godspeed). Their rivalry/friendship with this figure sits at the core of their characters and deals with themes relating to justice and how it can be distorted by institutional law enforcement. They also don't believe (at least outwardly for Goro) in the vigilante methods of this figure in their group (Godspeed styles himself as the antithesis to a Flash who "clearly wasn't cutting it" and Goro being a vocal critic of the Phantom Thieves methods in fighting crime)

After a sloppy slip up from them both (Goro contradicting himself with his cover story and August indiscreetly murdering Billy Parks), their true villainous motivations would be revealed. They would fully embrace their treacherous secret identities and face off against the protagonist.

While they may seem composed and normal on the outside, they are unmistakabley sadistic and brutal in pursuit of their goal. Though they do have a notable capacity for good, they have both committed numerous murders, being completely lax to the idea and most notably weaponizing their connection the extra-dimensional realms of their settings to kill a number of targets (Godspeed murdering other Speedsters by draining them of their speed and Akechi causing various mental shutdowns by traveling to the Metaverse and assassinating his targets Shadow Self).

Both would act under big bad higher powers (Masayoshi Shido and Paradox) who used them for their power (Paradox using Godspeed as a conduit for the Cosmic Treadmill and Shido using Akechi as a tool for which he could clear out his political opposition through Mental Shutdowns). Their serving under this figure was directly linked to the trauma of their pasts (Akechi is implied to desperately want validation from his father Shido and Godspeed serves Paradox in hopes that he can finally find who his brothers killer truly was) as well as inwardly facetious (Godspeed was a double-agent against Paradox and Akechi was always planning to enact revenge on Shido).

They would later attempt to atone for their actions (Godspeed in the battles against Grod and Paradox and Akechi both helping the Phantom Thieves at the conclusion of his defeat and aiding them in their attempts to stop Maruki), though neither seem to consider themselves particularly good people even if their actions are virtuous.

Both would die (Akechi in Shido's palace and Godspeed by the hand of Reverse Flash) only for reality-warping craziness to led to both coming back to life (Maruki's reality rewrite and Barry resetting Reverse-Flash). Akechi (probably?) dies again though.

In accordance with the themes of flawed justice that surround their character, both have at some point declared themselves the sole judge of morality ("I decide the truth!"/"I realized that with these powers, I am judge, jury and executioner.")

Similar color aesthetics (striking gold and white), some design similarities (Akechi's Robin Hood Persona resembles Godspeeds costume a little bit with the gold and white, yellow-eye lenses and chest insignia), god motifs in their names (Godspeeds name is self explanatory, Goro's personas being named after the god of mischief Loki), identities that focus on being the continuation of another (Goro being dubbed "The Second Coming of the Detective Prince" and August being clearly based on the Flash to the point where he said he was originally going to call himself "The New and Improved Flash")

Based I hate Akechi
interesting matchup but I’m not sure how well it could work fairness wise

Kino

shiorieternal
Zero vs Meta Knight Fan
9h

Ehhhhhh. Not a fan. Garou is better imo.

Though I think Hunter Zolomon Vs Garou is more thematic than Godspeed but that's just me

I mean, he’s right. Volume scaling isn’t used on VSBW for instance, and I don’t quite agree with using multipliers on destroying a single universe to make you multi.
Tbf trying to explain to a normie that destroying a timeline makes you infinitely stronger than destroying an infinite amount of 3D universes/dimensions and then explaining neither feat makes you multiverse level with multipliers is pretty obtuse.

Tbf trying to explain to a normie that destroying a timeline makes you infinitely stronger than destroying an infinite amount of 3D universes/dimensions and then explaining neither feat makes you multiverse level with multipliers is pretty obtuse.
meh everybody has their own views of shit nobody gonna agree on everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back