• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d probably move Sonic up a bit, I think that MU is really fun thematically / character wise and has crazy good animation potential, esp after Frontiers (why did nobody tell me Goku has a giant MUI form that works so well post Frontiers) but I guess I can see people being sick of the debate, and Superman generally probably always will be his best opponent.
IMHO... I've always felt that Sonic worked pretty well with Dragn Ball-ish stuff, be it in fanworks and such. Dunno, I mean, when a work goes full DBZ you usually go "lol, they are fighting like in dragonball funny", but with Sonic non-ironically works. Though sometimes they can get carried away and you said out loud "Sonic is not Goku".

Who will join tist as non series Dragon Ball killers
hqnbiecbhmii5gyxpvvp.jpg
f391b6eceac3827ed937e817c6771361.jpg
7wyeo6hgt7981.jpg
w23mpuprhhp71.png
de4byd9-aa52aa58-b422-4864-aa2e-dbc4f68bd711.png
Sakuya smoking that Hit pack (I hope).

IMHO... I've always felt that Sonic worked pretty well with Dragn Ball-ish stuff, be it in fanworks and such. Dunno, I mean, when a work goes full DBZ you usually go "lol, they are fighting like in dragonball funny", but with Sonic non-ironically works. Though sometimes they can get carried away and you said out loud "Sonic is not Goku".
I mean, I'm pretty sure Sonic has directly referenced DB at points...

Also, Super Mario Bros. Z is a thing. That probably helps.

Well, Sonic has always had very strong anime influence, the super forms are blatantly inspired by Dragon Ball as well. They share quite a bit of blood.

She should yeah. Even if they refuse infinite stats the infinite stats would revert to finite stats so high that DBS still couldn’t compare, plus she severely outhaxxes.

Metal Sonic and a few other Cell opponents beat him (he loses a lot)
I honestly don’t know a single major Cell MU he actually wins.

When u have a super form that was literally inspired by SSJ and share similar archetypes it's blind to happen also helped that Sonic was embracing shonen shit in the 2000s and recently again in Frontiers
Hey, what do you guys think of Anya vs Stewie? Sure it sucks thematically but it kinda vibes with me and could be fun
Anya on death battle is a no chief don't think it works
I mean, I'm pretty sure Sonic has directly referenced DB at points...

Also, Super Mario Bros. Z is a thing. That probably helps.
That too
Metal Sonic and a few other Cell opponents beat him (he loses a lot)
Real Pain
Arguable tho Hit needs something to get up in requests

I mean, aside the obvious parallel between the Super Saiyan and the Super Forms, and aside Shonen in general (there are many tropes and clichés that Dragon Ball doesn't use tbf) when Sonic goes for Dragon Ball's particular brand of Shonen it works so well, which other franchises don't really pull off. For example, when Mario or Megaman do it it's funny and can be pretty cool, but it feels they are just imitating DBZ.

so betting on S11 Mu so far
bowser_vs_eggman_tn_by_hootfreeman_dbunpls-fullview.jpg

Reasoning: Mario movie coming up, Mario vs Sonic rivalry, Sonic Franchise being in the public eye good graces etc

ant_man_vs_atom___marvel_vs_dc__i_death_battle__by_rayluishdx2_derxrvs-pre.jpg

Reasoning: Ant Man 3 coming out next year ,one of the few Marvel vs Dc Mu worth a damn left

94atgsmrgw271.png

Reasoning: S9 lack of Fighting game Mu and vidya reps, champion poll eliminating most of the 3d picks for nexts season outside of Colex or Kratosura

I mean, aside the obvious parallel between the Super Saiyan and the Super Forms, and aside Shonen in general (there are many tropes and clichés that Dragon Ball doesn't use tbf) when Sonic goes for Dragon Ball's particular brand of Shonen it works so well, which other franchises don't really pull off. For example, when Mario or Megaman do it it's funny and can be pretty cool, but it feels they are just imitating DBZ.
Dragon Ball oddly enough doesn't feel as cliche and trophy as other modern anime do. Like I know DB invented some of those tropes, but the old pervert and goofy protag feels super natural to where I don't even think about it. I guess those are the perks of paving the way for everybody.

so betting on S11 Mu so far
bowser_vs_eggman_tn_by_hootfreeman_dbunpls-fullview.jpg

Reasoning: Mario movie coming up, Mario vs Sonic rivalry, Sonic Franchise being in the public eye good graces etc

ant_man_vs_atom___marvel_vs_dc__i_death_battle__by_rayluishdx2_derxrvs-pre.jpg

Reasoning: Ant Man 3 coming out next year ,one of the few Marvel vs Dc Mu worth a damn left

94atgsmrgw271.png

Reasoning: S9 lack of Fighting game Mu and vidya reps, champion poll eliminating most of the 3d picks for nexts season outside of Colex or Kratosura
Makima vs Gojo feels almost guaranteed next season as well, I'd say Mirio vs Rengoku has a good chance as well.

Yup.

Now, if this is legit, I think their justification would be that if they tease the usual 6 fighters+the 2 MU that won the poll, there will be too much of the season revealed already. We would know half the season right off the bat, since the fighters they use typically have obvious MUs.
Somehow, I knew that would happen. Guess it's a trade off to the ballot.
Ya.

That would be interesting, though Gojo wouldn't stand a chance cause Death Hax go Brrr
Not quite if Gojo can work around THAT.

Makima vs Gojo feels almost guaranteed next season as well, I'd say Mirio vs Rengoku has a good chance as well.
Mirio Togata (Lemillion) vs Kyojuro Rengoku huh...

Does Mirio Togata scale above Shoto Todoroki in stats? Kyojuro scale from Tanjiro Kamado in stats for sure.

Anyway, a fun matchup to watch as an episode.

Curious if they'll finally get around to a Panty and Stocking matchup now that theres hype for season 2
Given how P&SwG Season 1 goes so whacky... I guess wait until Death Battle Season 11.

Dragon Ball oddly enough doesn't feel as cliche and trophy as other modern anime do. Like I know DB invented some of those tropes, but the old pervert and goofy protag feels super natural to where I don't even think about it. I guess those are the perks of paving the way for everybody.
Interestingly, not only that, but some stuff common in later Shonen just flat out wasn't used in Dragon Ball. For example, friendship/preachy speeches or flashback powerups were not a thing until Dragon Ball Super, Goku despite being the inspiration of many protags, was never a hot-blooded, bullheaded fool (he was more naive and ignorant and was actually rather cool headed. Hot-heads actually seem to come from Joe Yabuki), Vegeta despite being THE anime rival is actually quite temperamental, passionate and quick to anger unlike most rivalries a la "Naruto and Sasuke, Hanamichi and Rukawa," and such where the MC is the one being emotional while the rival just scoffs while being edgy. And while tragic moments were always a thing, Dragon Ball is pretty light on melodrama (unless the story wants to make Future Trunks miserable).

Interestingly, not only that, but some stuff common in later Shonen just flat out wasn't used in Dragon Ball. For example, friendship/preachy speeches or flashback powerups were not a thing until Dragon Ball Super, Goku despite being the inspiration of many protags, was never a hot-blooded, bullheaded fool (he was more naive and ignorant and was actually rather cool headed. Hot-heads actually seem to come from Joe Yabuki), Vegeta despite being THE anime rival is actually quite temperamental, passionate and quick to anger unlike most rivalries a la "Naruto and Sasuke, Hanamichi and Rukawa," and such where the MC is the one being emotional while the rival just scoffs while being edgy. And while tragic moments were always a thing, Dragon Ball is pretty light on melodrama (unless the story wants to make Future Trunks miserable).
Future Gohan's death will never not hurt.

Nah, ColeAlex is an old MU that never got its due.

AmongusFallguys is a new MU idea that nigh everyone started to love immediately and/or shitpost it to death.
Colex was:
-A matchup between two franchises that ushered in new major trends within the industry that others try to replicate
-The companies behind the games had a friendly ongoing rivalry between the franchises
-Both occupy a similar genre (open world games with superhero-like abilities) with similar story tones
-While both franchises were very relevant at their time, eventually faded out of relevance due to lack of new content / the studios moving on

AmongGuys is:
-A matchup between two franchises that represent current major trends (online party games) that others try to replicate
-The companies / games have a friendly ongoing rivalry
-Both occupy somewhat similar genres (online party games, though one is a party platformer & the other is a social ordeal) with similar tonality
-While both franchises are monstrously popular right now, years from now they'll likely fade out of the cultural zeitgeist

Idk I can see some similarities.....

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Pop Team Epic
Watch the duos from both sides pose as Tai Lung

Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer compared to Fall Guy vs Among Us
Colex was:
-A matchup between two franchises that ushered in new major trends within the industry that others try to replicate
-The companies behind the games had a friendly ongoing rivalry between the franchises
-Both occupy a similar genre (open world games with superhero-like abilities) with similar story tones
-While both franchises were very relevant at their time, eventually faded out of relevance due to lack of new content / the studios moving on

AmongGuys is:
-A matchup between two franchises that represent current major trends (online party games) that others try to replicate
-The companies / games have a friendly ongoing rivalry
-Both occupy somewhat similar genres (online party games, though one is a party platformer & the other is a social ordeal) with similar tonality
-While both franchises are monstrously popular right now, years from now they'll likely fade out of the cultural zeitgeist

Idk I can see some similarities.....
Oh Sheev now Fall Guy vs Among Us is a matchup to do in the future.

Bruh this ain't even the rawest fusion
ofyj7fa5az6a1.jpg
Who actually made this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back