• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
0cf062792e6e8b442880b0d0ee9efe4a.png
People really forget that not every game can get away with pulling the cosmic level bullshit it was able to, especially not without drastic consequences to the world you travel, and the GoW devs have openly talked about how hard it is to portray Kratos’ power level and they’ve had to nixx stuff on multiple occasions just to work things out well.

Asura’s Wrath can get away with it because it’s a linear ass game with a very simple combat system that often quite literally goes on rails, that’s mostly watching long cutscenes with qtes interspersed throughout. so most of the development and budget goes towards the spectacle. Something like 2018 or Ragnarok is an action adventure game with an emphasis on side content and returning to locations. You can’t really return to places if you’re pulverizing them into a fine dust after the first visit because you had a battle with a god that shook the universe yet again.

I'd argue Asura's Wrath is proof of why you CAN'T do it. I mean, I enjoyed Asura's Wrath as much as the next guy, but I doubt I'm in the minority if I was to admit I infinitely enjoyed my time with these vastly more interactive games that don't waste budget on these displays when this power is clearly displayed via other means. I mean, in comparison to the best games from other series, Asura's Wrath as a game is basically gameplay-less.

God of War and Devil May Cry are infinitely better playable games, and so while yes, they could waste time, money, and other resources on giganto-max QTEs in trade for actually fun gameplay experiences, I'd never recommend it. Ever.

From what I’ve heard, 9D is completely valid by this wiki’s standards, so either someone would have to change the wiki’s standards, stop PoC from being used, or prove that nobody scales to the 9D stuff
Personally i don't have much issue for 1-C by itself, however i don't think DMC should be fully be upgraded to that level due of how much of a jump it is even compare to the Low 2-C/2-C, enough to question if this should be an outlier.

I think if DMC characters were ranked at "2-C, possibly 1-C", less people would find it ridiculous.

I'd argue Asura's Wrath is proof of why you CAN'T do it. I mean, I enjoyed Asura's Wrath as much as the next guy, but I doubt I'm in the minority if I was to admit I infinitely enjoyed my time with these vastly more interactive games that don't waste budget on these displays when this power is clearly displayed via other means. I mean, in comparison to the best games from other series, Asura's Wrath as a game is basically gameplay-less.

God of War and Devil May Cry are infinitely better playable games, and so while yes, they could waste time, money, and other resources on giganto-max QTEs in trade for actually fun gameplay experiences, I'd never recommend it. Ever.
I think Asura’s Wrath is worthwhile for what it is and the gameplay that is there, while simple, is fun and cathartic, it absolutely is barebones compared to other action games and showcases what you have to sacrifice for that insane level of scale quite often.

Personally i don't have much issue for 1-C by itself, however i don't think DMC should be fully be upgraded to that level due of how much of a jump it is even compare to the Low 2-C/2-C, enough to question if this should be an outlier.

I think if DMC characters were ranked at "2-C, possibly 1-C", less people would find it ridiculous.
yeah I would prefer the possibly stat for 1C as well, since 2C generally has a lot of consistency to it while 1C is based off of one thing in a single PoC loading screen iirc lol. I often see 1C DMC thrown around as a prime example of why this site and it’s stats suck lol.

I think Asura’s Wrath is worthwhile for what it is and the gameplay that is there, while simple, is fun and cathartic, it absolutely is barebones compared to other action games and showcases what you have to sacrifice for that insane level of scale quite often.
Yeah. It's also not helped by the fact if you were to try and do a "Lore Accurate" game like some people WISH these series did, there'd be no game. Sonic would be too fast to see, even if he's walking. Dante would kill everything not a god tier by simply existing. The Doomslayer would be virtually invulnerable.

I get that people want shit spoon-fed to them, but I think you have to be mindful of the medium, first.

It's mostly because no one wants to deal with the BS from the DMC supporters stonewalling it like every other DMC crt, but yes, things have changed and a revision is in the works for it
Excuses, excuses. Nothing has changed and so the verse will remain the same.

Several people have said the same and yet none has done shit about it and if it is you the one making the revision I can only laugh at that.

Unless it's the non existent discord server dedicated to debunking DMC you said some time ago?

yeah I would prefer the possibly stat for 1C as well, since 2C generally has a lot of consistency to it while 1C is based off of one thing in a single PoC loading screen iirc lol. I often see 1C DMC thrown around as a prime example of why this site and it’s stats suck lol.
Iirc DMC3 has some mention of it but it wasnt expanded on, PoC did i suppose given it is placed after DMC3 chronologically

People really forget that not every game can get away with pulling the cosmic level bullshit it was able to, especially not without drastic consequences to the world you travel, and the GoW devs have openly talked about how hard it is to portray Kratos’ power level and they’ve had to nixx stuff on multiple occasions just to work things out well.

Asura’s Wrath can get away with it because it’s a linear ass game with a very simple combat system that often quite literally goes on rails, that’s mostly watching long cutscenes with qtes interspersed throughout. so most of the development and budget goes towards the spectacle. Something like 2018 or Ragnarok is an action adventure game with an emphasis on side content and returning to locations. You can’t really return to places if you’re pulverizing them into a fine dust after the first visit because you had a battle with a god that shook the universe yet again.

Honestly kinda want to do a blog of over Kratos vs Asura
As a Lore vs Feats Debate

Nobody buys 9D DMC anyways outside Stan's anyways

Universal is what peeps will agree with DMC as far as high ends
I mean in general uni is the standard for any verse unless it got more going, basically like how Death Battle counts most verses as uni and try to see how big they are and how many they can destroy as measurements

I think if DMC characters were ranked at "2-C, possibly 1-C", less people would find it ridiculous
the problem with that is. the feats themselves are consistent. we cannot call them outliers

it's the statement that gives the 1-C rating. not the feats. basically the implication of it makes the demon world 1-C. and we cant outlier a statement about the lore even if it's gives smth unusually high for the verse. the statement itself can be dismissed only if it's absolutely inconsistent with the workings of the DMC lore which aint the case here.

the problem with that is. the feats themselves are consistent. we cannot call them outliers

it's the statement that gives the 1-C rating. not the feats. basically the implication of it makes the demon world 1-C. and we cant outlier a statement about the lore even if it's gives smth unusually high for the verse. the statement itself can be dismissed only if it's absolutely inconsistent with the workings of the DMC lore which aint the case here.
Not seeing how it's consistent whatsoever

Yeah... I see your point there, many times turns out the evidence for the character's tier or abilities were either taken out of context, misinterpreted, stretched to fit into a an specific interpretation, headcannoned or unsourced. We've seen quite a few times here how some verses got not so minor downgrades because they were built on house of cards.
I can name several that deserve it right now but it'd be controversial.

the statement itself can be dismissed only if it's absolutely inconsistent with the workings of the DMC lore which aint the case here.
But how many time in the entire series the souls and/or the universes were stated to be 9D? It only happen in one game, one that people still question its canonicity.

Which its why i don't think its fair to have DMC fully scale to 1-C, especially with how big of a jump it is.

It is though? The fact that half the current 1-Cs used to cap at High 6-A is a big red flag

Also just saying that DB ain't having Dante win against Bayo or Kratos lol

And that blog for Dante and Bayo feels redundant since we already know what G1 peeps peg Dante at and it's like Island level. Sure he has a **** ton of hax but I don't think it will save him

And that blog for Dante and Bayo feels redundant since we already know what G1 peeps peg Dante at and it's like Island level. Sure he has a **** ton of hax but I don't think it will save him
Bayo has a goo amount of hax too, moreso from the latest game

I believe they changed their view of DMC stats after what happened here. Since after the vs wiki blog I haven’t seen or hear a single strong debunk for universal to low multiverse DMC

The Mario supporters when they try to make any thread basically have been exhausted out of debating so the verse is just stuck in a limbo state of inactivity
I thought it’s because there’s an ongoing major revision for splitting some canon stuff that’s on hiatus that’s preventing progression ? A lot of threads just keep getting out off / put on hold because of this canon split stuff I’ve noticed.

They’re actually re-evaluating DMC stats and I know some people working on the G1 blog have a lot of issues with the original G1 argument. The stats are very likely going to be different.

I thought it’s because there’s an ongoing major revision for splitting some canon stuff that’s on hiatus that’s preventing progression
Nah it's been decided that outside of Paper Mario nothing in the canon is getting split anymore. It's why the profile for the Mario Kart version of Mario was very short lived and got deleted.

She's genuinely like potentially Top 3 or 5
Def top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back