• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Commonly used versus and who you prefer/should show up next:
Star Wars: Maul, Grevious, or Kylo. No Vader please. He won't bring any new toys to the table, already fought his best match-up even if the episode is eh. Not a fan of Obito vs Vader at all. Just ObiAshi 2.0. Sorry, but nothing would convince me otherwise
Dragon Ball: Frieza or Cell, prefer Freeza. Hit is a one-trick pony and most of his MUs are cringe
Sonic: I guess Silver, or Eggman, he's due for a return
Mario: eh don't care, don't care much about Mario anymore, but I guess King Boo or something
Street Fighter: Juri
Naruto: Itachi or Obito, but not against Vader.
One Piece: Luffy, but if he's still off the table then Whitebeard or Kizaru
MK: Liu Kang
One Punch Man: Garou

Marvel/DC: lol

My rating of Trunks’ potential opponents. There will be bias.

Silver: Has a lot going for it, also the most likely. I give this 9 destroyed futures out of 10.

Crono: Cool, new franchise. Also, they’re both designed by Toriyama, so that’s a neat connection. I give this 8 time machines out of 10.

Shulk: I like the funny Monado man, I’ve no issues with this MU. This’ll leave 7 marks out of 10. Although it being Shulk does mean I will have to speedrun the first Xenoblade game to avoid being spoiled by the episode.

Homura Akemi: Haven’t watched Madoka Magica, so I can’t really give a full opinion here. I like the connections I’ve seen. I give this 6 soul gems out of 10.

Lucina: Can’t say I like this one. New franchise, but at what stompy cost. I give this 3 houses out of 10.

Grovyle: Same as Lucina really. I give this 3 time gears out of 10.

Man Honkai is so hype. Genshin makes money and then Mihoyo puts it all into their passion project Honkai. Wish it was popular enough in the West to receive an MU.

Also, Madoka reference.

Man Honkai is so hype. Genshin makes money and then Mihoyo puts it all into their passion project Honkai. Wish it was popular enough in the West to receive an MU.

Also, Madoka reference.

Raiden Shogun vs Raiden (Mortal Kombat) and Raiden Mei vs Misaka Mikoto when

They'd definitely have to custom make some Sakuya sprites if she fights Hit. Because while all her currently existing sprite sheets are quite good, they clash... pretty hard with this sprite.
Does it do I think it could work decently well enough with this one which is currently a work in progress but death battle could use this as a base

Does it do I think it could work decently well enough with this one which is currently a work in progress but death battle could use this as a base
Well... Touhou Project characters sprites tend to have a bigger head to body ratio than Dragon Ball game sprites. So they have to adjust on either side.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f674668664e5162744952645831773d3d2d3736393136383935342e313564633136343234303833303031393631383633323635373631302e676966
Hiito-Stance.gif

Swan says MMH vs Piccolo is a stomp, also thinks Boros vs BB is going to latter atm

What is “going to latter” meaning? Do you mean Lord Boros vs Battle Beast is coming later (in future Death battle episodes)?

Anyway to which degree is Piccolo vs Magus any less stompy?

"Boros vs Battle Beast is cool tho!"

PLEASE LIAM. GIVE US THE GOOD SHIT.
We look forward to it. We are waiting.

Is it proportion that is the issue or size that is the issue? Thats arguably 2 different things.

Honestly both are usually fun for DBs.
Those are 2 types of problems. But both "a clash in sprite style" and "a too drastic difference in character sizes" make the interaction awkward.

Kirby vs Majin Buu, Tigerzord vs Gundam Epyon, Megazord vs Voltron, Dragonzord vs Mechagodzilla and Optimus Prime vs RX-78-2 Gundam are really the limits where a size difference is acceptable.

What is “going to latter” meaning? Do you mean Lord Boros vs Battle Beast is coming later (in future Death battle episodes)?
Liam said Boros vs Battle Beast would be cool, basically deconfirming it for Season 9. But it does show there is interest in the MU amongst the team. He's just saying it would likely go to Battle Beast, which is based and true.

I came up with this MU recently because neither of them had better and it sounds kinda cool
family_men.png

Ken vs Krillin (Street Fighter vs Dragon Ball)
Both are martial artists who participated in their series' most iconic tournaments (World Warrior and Tenkaichi Budokai). During their childhood, both of them were sent away to train under old martial artists (Gouken and Master Roshi), so they could improve themselves in some ways (Ken was sent by his father to train under Gouken, so that he could learn respect and discipline, while Krillin became Roshi's student, so that he could surpass his bullies and attract girls). Both have trained alongside other kids who were the protagonist of the series (Ryu and Goku). They then became these protagonists' rivals, they both began training and fighting them all of the time and tried to surpass them, however over the time this rivalry led to them becoming their best friends and even parts of their families (Ken and Ryu act like brothers to each other, while Goku cares for Krillin as much as his family). Although they did train to become stronger than them and definetly became some of the strongest humans in their worlds, they never really managed to surpass their best friends (Ryu has won more fights between him and Ken, while Goku is much stronger than Krillin). As children they were both rather selfish and bratty, however as they grew, they had become really generous and kind people, though their cocky traits still remained in them. Originally they didn't respect their masters and their teachings, however over the time they'd grew to respect them. They both fought against tyrannical conquerors who separated their light and dark sides to become more powerful (M. Bison and King Piccolo). While their best friends are obsessed with getting stronger and fighting others, they kind of left that goal behind after they married blonde women (Android 18 and Eliza) and became much more focused on their families, rather than fighting, though they would still participate in tournaments and face their best friends from time to time. Also, they're both good dads.

Swan says MMH vs Piccolo is a stomp, also thinks Boros vs BB is going to latter atm

1.not Suprise he said this in the CDB cast for Piccolo vs Magus he ain't wrong
2.Cool i could see the MU happening when BB shows up more in the Tv Series
"Boros vs Battle Beast is cool tho!"

PLEASE LIAM. GIVE US THE GOOD SHIT.
ya better talking to Ben and higher ups Swan a researcher

So does this increase the possibility of Piccolo not dying to MMH?
I say 65-35
Swan may not vibe with it but it isn't up to him to whether they do it or not
If Ben **** with it then well "tough shit" for Piccolo
However, given how Black vs Thawne answered majority Dc vs DB MU and there isn't much reason to do PiccoHunter other than Legacy i think they'll opt for Magus

So looking at how they're scheduling it and the fact that they havent done it already despite its popularity, I have a sneaking suspicion they're waiting to see if Galactus is the next MCU big bad before doing Galactus vs Unicron

Been a long time since I broke out the 3-way, but here we are:

Ghondor_Vhandam_vs_Katsuki_Bakugo_vs_Mela.png

Katsuki Bakugo (MHA) vs Ghondor Vandham (XC3) vs Mela (Pokemon SV)

Crude? Aggressive? Probably foul mouthed? Yet proactive, and with a strong work ethic? Yep, don't need more similarities than that.

Also, consider this an option select. If Yang vs Bakugo goes through, Ghondor defaults to Mela. If not, Ghondor can go either way, or the three-way.

See also that earlier posted tweet about Spanish Constellations. If it's a Fighting type that Mela forces to Teraform... score one for the links (although it might just end up being that Poison/Steel engine leaked by Khu).

Been a long time since I broke out the 3-way, but here we are:

Ghondor_Vhandam_vs_Katsuki_Bakugo_vs_Mela.png

Katsuki Bakugo (MHA) vs Ghondor Vandham (XC3) vs Mela (Pokemon SV)

Crude? Aggressive? Probably foul mouthed? Yet proactive, and with a strong work ethic? Yep, don't need more similarities than that.

Also, consider this an option select. If Yang vs Bakugo goes through, Ghondor defaults to Mela. If not, Ghondor can go either way, or the three-way.

See also that earlier posted tweet about Spanish Constellations. If it's a Fighting type that Mela forces to Teraform... score one for the links (although it might just end up being that Poison/Steel engine leaked by Khu).
Oh cool another character to add to the Yang DB gradient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back