• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
9gBQmIB.png
Based MU

What are the connections between the two?
Basically plot of the Crypt of the Nycrodancer is literally Shovel of Hope but instead of platformer we have rogue like x rhythm game.

Main protagonists who mainly use the Shovel (and recognizable due to Shovel), lost their loved ones to the cursed object (Cadence losing basically her father and mother (also grandmother but that's happened before Cadence was even born) because of the Golden Loot and Shovel Knight losing Shield Knight during the incident with that purple gem), after some time though they are going into adventure to find out what's going on, as well as at the end of the game it turns out that all this time they beloved ones were corrupted by the power of the cursed artifact leading them to fight against the main villain together.

owr67qetn52a1.png

Grim VS Beetlejuice (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy VS ...)

Both are wacky, otherworldly creatures with reality warping abilities who originate from a place similar to the afterlife (The Underworld for Grim, and the Neitherworld for Beetlejuice). They one day meet and form friendships with human children (Billy & Mandy and Lydia). While their relationship with said children started off pretty rocky, they eventually began to care for their children friends, and really started to think of them as their best friends.

Personally my preferite halloween's themed MU.

Basically plot of the Crypt of the Nycrodancer is literally Shovel of Hope but instead of platformer we have rogue like x rhythm game.

Main protagonists who mainly use the Shovel (and recognizable due to Shovel), lost their loved ones to the cursed object (Cadence losing basically her father and mother (also grandmother but that's happened before Cadence was even born) because of the Golden Loot and Shovel Knight losing Shield Knight during the incident with that purple gem), after some time though they are going into adventure to find out what's going on, as well as at the end of the game it turns out that all this time they beloved ones were corrupted by the power of the cursed artifact leading them to fight against the main villain together.
Those are more connections than with the Red Baron indeed, though I was always reaching with the Red Baron xD

I wasn't sure who else to put him up against tbh

Goodness, Season 9 is almost over.

This has been improvement over S8, even if latter half of S9 was weaker than first half.
It was mostly consistent, the only dud is Jason vs Michael imo

So anyone wanna make bets for next season characters?
Ant-man and Bowser are likely safe bets. This season suprised me, i never thought we would get mythology and spongebob, so next season could be anything.

Nah, it is the 10th season, time for the big guns ala S5.

Dare I say, Galactus vs Unicron time at last.
Thinking BIG big matchups, so:
Bowser vs Eggman
Antman vs Atom
Giorno vs Joker
Chief vs Doomguy 2
Scarecrow vs Mysterio
Gru vs Megamind
Kyle vs Simon
MAYBE Cole vs Alex
Ghost Rider vs Spawn
Kratos vs Dante

Then there's the community matchup, which who even knows at this point (I still think it'll be Cole vs Alex).

I'm not expecting them all to be big matchups, Season 5 had Carnage vs Lucy, but I feel it'll be mostly big, requested matchups.

Cole completely dogwalks Mercer, even just considering the first game he ***** on Mercer's strongest iteration, but when you include Infamous 2 it becomes a absolute murder stomp for Cole, and i'm only talking about Base Infamous 2 Cole, not RFI or Beast Cole (especially Beast Cole)

It'd be IF2 Good Cole if they'd use him since that is the canon one.

And people want cool fights, DB certainly doesn't do balanced fights all the time lol
Heck, in a few days we're gonna watch Deku get vaporised by Wizard Naruto (is Asta basically Wizard Naruto? Probably should've asked before making that joke), so it still holds true today.

Asta is a vastly different Character than Naruto

The finale come out in the 11th in December

Maybe next season starts earlier
And I hope to God they tell us when it starts instead waiting until damn near end of March

Thinking BIG big matchups, so:
Bowser vs Eggman
Antman vs Atom
Giorno vs Joker
Chief vs Doomguy 2
Scarecrow vs Mysterio
Gru vs Megamind
Kyle vs Simon
MAYBE Cole vs Alex
Ghost Rider vs Spawn
Kratos vs Dante

Then there's the community matchup, which who even knows at this point (I still think it'll be Cole vs Alex).

I'm not expecting them all to be big matchups, Season 5 had Carnage vs Lucy, but I feel it'll be mostly big, requested matchups.
I think a lot of these are likely

GioJoker could get swapped out with KiraDachi tho.

I’m not gonna take too many bets on next season though until we get our first teasers though.

Ruvik should win most times out of 10 since Pinhead doesn't resist either Corruption nor Mind Manipulation, which means he could easily be turned into a Haunted, or Ruvik could just point at him and explode his entire body from the inside out. Pinhead also can't really interact with Ruvik given his passive Intangibility/NEP negging all of his abilities.

Pinhead's best wincon would be enlarging himself since he might accidentally destroy Ruvik's brain given his size, but even then Ruvik could just teleport him away from that location and kill him/transform him just like before, or possibly shrink him back down to his previous size, since he should be able to do that given his control over the STEM.

Though i'm 95% sure his current profile on the site is missing a metric fuckton of haxes and resistances, and probably higher end scaling as well. So in actuality it might be a more competitive fight then what it currently is.
yeah Pinhead is missing a RIDICULOUS amount of stuff, when he fought the king of the cenobites, he was resistant to everything they did which includes corruption, mind manip, transmutation, biological manip, disease manip, fire manip, pain manip, metal manip, madness manip, he also has like an insane amount of really specific hax that potentially one shot ruvik etc etc etc

Composite Cole Right? Evil + Good?
Doesn't really matter since either iteration of Cole beats Mercer, but DB would probably use Good Cole since (as everyone has already pointed out) is the canonical version of Cole, tho Death Battle is infamously known for compositing characters so they might bring up Evil Cole related scaling as well, which would make a much bigger stomp since Beast Cole is objectively the haxxiest character in InFamous bar none.

yeah Pinhead is missing a RIDICULOUS amount of stuff, when he fought the king of the cenobites, he was resistant to everything they did which includes corruption, mind manip, transmutation, biological manip, disease manip, fire manip, pain manip, metal manip, madness manip, he also has like an insane amount of really specific hax that potentially one shot ruvik etc etc etc
Yeah it would definitely be an interesting match since just like Pinhead, Ruvik is missing a bunch abilities himself, hell the dude doesn't even have Intangibility on his profile despite the fact Intangibility is one of his most noticeable haxes. Just shows you the quality of the profile ngl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back