• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I don't want to.
Ok lemme at least give you advantage/disadvantage section:

Freddy:

Advantages:

• Generally has better showings in the stat trinity
  • Has actually been in combat situations with other supernatural foes more often
  • His reality warping could nullify Pennywise's perception manipulation as well as exploit his weakness
  • Generally a lot harder to kill
  • Consistently better transformations without as many limitations
  • Has a killing bitches on the ceiling factor

Disadvantages:

• Way less experienced compared to Pennywise
  • True Form Pennywise completely outshines Freddy in almost every way
  • Power sources might be susceptible
  • There's a pussy underneath

Pennywise:

Advantages:

• Much older and more experienced at killing
  • True form is far more esoteric and cosmic in scale than anything Krueger has had to combat before
  • Can potentially exploit Krueger's outside power sources
  • Skill with manipulating murderers could be used to trick Freddy
  • The Derry Maine attraction, every 27 years

Disadvantages:

• Despite the greater age, has not dealt with other supernatural foes as plentiful as Krueger has
  • Avatar is generally a lot easier to kill than Krueger, which would kill It's true form in its entirety.
  • That one part in the book. You know the one.
  • The TRUE Ritual of Chud

I mean if normal humans can believe hard enough to kill Pennywise, then it kinda isn't outlandish that cocky reality warper would fare better than them lol
Isn't Pennywise the avatar of some extra-dimensional abstract entity or some nonsense like that and sseeing his true form can liquify a targets brain.

I mean if normal humans can believe hard enough to kill Pennywise, then it kinda isn't outlandish that cocky reality warper would fare better than them lol
Right...but the same is kind of true of Freddy.

I'm going to read through IT now, but I'm pretty sure the only reason normal humans can kill IT is because they aren't normal.

Freddy winning is pretty based though.

Right...but the same is kind of true of Freddy.

I'm going to read through IT now, but I'm pretty sure the only reason normal humans can kill IT is because they aren't normal.

Freddy winning is pretty based though.
I'm not really familiar with It stuff so if there actually is a catch with humans, then I guess that should've been mentioned.

Honestly that's a little vague. The physical form can die, yeah, but it doesn't seem to suggest the outer form can be killed without the Ritual of Chud.
Quoting from the guy who made the blog:
I don't see how it is vague. The passage just explains that since It has a physical form in the main universe, that can be killed, and so can It. Earlier in the novel, It was almost killed by a silver bullet. No Ritual of Chud required.

Still don't get why pennywise couldn't just makes eye contact with Freddy and instantly mind break him.

The Deadlights do not instantly make someone insane. I go more in depth on this in my verdict, but what the Deadlights do is move someone's soul across the macroverse before meeting with It's true form, however Bill had enough time to conversate with and escape It before that could happen, meaning there is no reason Freddy can't just, go back. Even if he were brought to It's true form, he has mental defenses and "making him insane" being able to end the fight is tenable at best, given It still can't get past his regeneration. There are also other reasons why Freddy should be able to kill It before he sees the Deadlights, but really, you guys should just read the blog.
I know that It is a very long book, but there's a reason you should read the source material and not internet mythos.

lwbuwberfew91.jpg

I’d argue Undertale was a bigger missed opportunity in general. They just sat on a potential goldmine of views and did absolutely nothing with it.
I mean, Undertale is still incredibly relevant at least, it’s a pop culture icon at this point, but yeah they did miss out not jumping on it from 2015-17 when it was at the peak of its popularity.

This fight officially makes this my favorite season of Death Battle so far. Since the beginning the two fights I have wanted most out of this show have been Godzilla vs Gamera, and Jason vs Michael, and we're finally getting the latter.

The only way they could ruin this season now is if they did Yang vs Tifa 2, and Yang won again....or if Michael wins.
I hope the fight slaps though I'm really curious on how there gonna make the fight work in blender

By the way anybody to happens to be in the champions poll and happens to like my Kasen v Sonic MU, giving the fight a reaction and talking the MU up in its thread would be appreciated :)

How do we lodge a nomination?
Once I know it maybe I shall go for it rn
Need to be in the Discord and link your Youtube account (if you're a DB Champion) to get access to the Champion channels, which is where the ballot is. It's not actually voting yet, just people pitching their ideas which is where they'll read off some of them during the Fireside Chat. I already got Yukari vs Altair in and basically nobody supports it lol

Kyle vs Simon has finally appeared and has garnered a lot of support, and Travis vs Scott Pilgrim has built a lot of support as well.
Where can we see the nomination poll already-
Need to be in the Discord and link your Youtube account (if you're a DB Champion) to get access to the Champion channels, which is where the ballot is. It's not actually voting yet, just people pitching their ideas which is where they'll read off some of them during the Fireside Chat. I already got Yukari vs Altair in and basically nobody supports it lol
Thanks.

So far I have heard (for nomination of the fan voting Death Battle episode poll)
  • Alex Mercer vs Cole MacGrath
  • Kyle Rayner vs Simon the Digger
  • Scott Pilgrim vs Travis Touchdown
  • Bugs Bunny vs Mickey Mouse
  • Mordecai and Rigby vs Jake and Finn
  • Yukari Yakumo vs Altair (Re:Creators)
  • Gilgamesh vs The Emperor of Mankind

Any more (or are the above actually popular picks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back