• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Herakles' view count has surpassed Vegeta's officially, and the Monkey King's has already gone over 203K, in roughly 16 hours.

I'm gonna be spiteful one last time, and say about that RWBY guy on YouTube, when Ruby eventually comes on, or when Yang gets another MU, neither will hit 100K views in 24 hours. So tell me, who are the "whos" in this situation? :sneaky:

Well tbf Hercules is a known god character, like its impossible even as non vs debater to have never learned of him, especially if schools go slightly over them

Sun Wukong about the same but mainly cuz he is from where Goku character got inspiration to be created from and i guess the new game of him too

So they aint really who's like whoever said that of them, that guy either lived under a rock or surprisingly never heard of gods from ancient times

Herakles' view count has surpassed Vegeta's officially, and the Monkey King's has already gone over 203K, in roughly 16 hours.

I'm gonna be spiteful one last time, and say about that RWBY guy on YouTube, when Ruby eventually comes on, or when Yang gets another MU, neither will hit 100K views in 24 hours. So tell me, who are the "whos" in this situation? :sneaky:
Vegeta will be defeated by Son Goku again.
Well tbf Hercules is a known god character, like its impossible even as non vs debater to have never learned of him, especially if schools go slightly over them

Sun Wukong about the same but mainly cuz he is from where Goku character got inspiration to be created from and i guess the new game of him too

So they aint really who's like whoever said that of them, that guy either lived under a rock or surprisingly never heard of gods from ancient times
And don't forget that Sun Wukong is the childhood of people from you-know-where and Death Battle is not unknown for them.
He might be the original but I like the 1996 Cantonese version more than the 1986 original Chinese version.
I understand. And your username seems to be inspired from that monkey.

Ok, went deep dive into "do high preview views mean high real ep views".

And yes, it mostly translates into that, esp. in S6-S8. Most inconsistencies happened in S5 and below.

There are also instances were fights are carried, but Herc & Sun got 200k+ views fast so no worries there.

Also oddly some of older previews might have been removed due to copyright issues?

And don't forget that Sun Wukong is the childhood of people from you-know-where and Death Battle is not unknown for them.
Journey to the West is simply one of The Big Four classic novels of China and is the best known one in the world (among the four). It is well known among the normies - I would say way more than the comic and anime characters.

What makes Hercules vs Sun Wukong niche is the fact that a character versus debating series which usually pick modern day ACGN characters fight to the death suddenly puts interest in classic novels and even mythologies and religions.

DB is known in east?
Right. And they have formed Death Battle fanbase but you know they may have alternative opinions. A machine translator is needed to help read though.
Or wait till some "translators" actually "translated" them.
Recently they have evolved into listening commissioned music from Brandon Yates and Therewolf Media.

Guess I'm rooting for Wukong because he sounds more fun, but frankly I'm not convinced he is guaranteed to win.

This is modern DB so I'm expecting that Hermes speed calc, easily beating Wukong's leap to end of uni. Wukong might not get that "mountain is/contains cosmology" or whatever that was so Herc's sky lift makes him way stronger. They might as well say that Hydra blood will work on him as well.

And while the source isnt real, those very TLDR JttW animations that describe the plot imply quite weak things can affect Wukong like how he can be blinded. The duplicates aren't as endless, as Wukong was worried at one point they would get burned. On top of that, there existed "true fire" which actually did hurt him. If there is any truth to that, then that sucks.

It just seems like Herc's strength will just overwhelm Wukong, easily even counting say 84k copies. Even if Wukong was given smarts, that'd never allow him to get the W for non-uni vs uni lol

Also gut feeling because research has been more aligned with G1 ideology lately.

Guess I'm rooting for Wukong because he sounds more fun, but frankly I'm not convinced he is guaranteed to win.

This is modern DB so I'm expecting that Hermes speed calc, easily beating Wukong's leap to end of uni. Wukong might not get that "mountain is/contains cosmology" or whatever that was so Herc's sky lift makes him way stronger. They might as well say that Hydra blood will work on him as well.

And while the source isnt real, those very TLDR JttW animations that describe the plot imply quite weak things can affect Wukong like how he can be blinded. The duplicates aren't as endless, as Wukong was worried at one point they would get burned. On top of that, there existed "true fire" which actually did hurt him. If there is any truth to that, then that sucks.

It just seems like Herc's strength will just overwhelm Wukong, easily even counting say 84k copies. Even if Wukong was given smarts, that'd never allow him to get the W for non-uni vs uni lol

Also gut feeling because research has been more aligned with G1 ideology lately.
It is how I feel. While it is clear that I root and bet on Sun Wukong, Death Battle Team's interruption of their lore is important in the battle as their canon is not as clear as Marvel and DC. You hear that right. Marvel and DC is consistent compared to myths. It seems that there is no well-accepted interruption even ignoring headcanon.
Recently they have evolved into listening commissioned music from Brandon Yates and Therewolf Media.
On an unrelated note, they have also brought arguments like "Sun Wukong can become large so he loses", "Sun Wukong has taken advantage (Breaking Herc's sword) at the start of preview so he loses", "The OST's in Chinese style and the animation is also similar to Chinese style so Sun Wukong may win".

Have these people seen Macho Man vs Kool-Aid man, Dio vs Alucard and Reverse Flash vs Goku Black?
Macho Man vs Kool-Aid man is ignored because they largely don't know who are they. Diocard is the most controversial episode in their fanbase as they believe that Dio should lose this. (And Diocard has been used as their evidence of unreliability of Death Battle) For RF VS GB, they feel good.

You know whats annoying, how people say the "whoever transforms 1st loses" thing, which Death Battle seems to make it be a fact among the fights
Might also add how they say a character uses their best stuff too early as well, like i know thats budget and time saving for animation, but like most casuals i seen react on fights say those things too often

In vegeta vs thor a couple mentioned how vegeta used his best stuff way too early when Thor didnt

Ngl Hulk vs Broly had shitton of tinfoil hat theories lmao

• OST is entirely Broly based
  • Hulk was aggressor
  • Hulk had advantage near start
  • Hulk went final form 1st
  • No Marvel returnee has ever won, DP tied and then lost again (back in S7)
  • Marvel hasnt won back to back since S2 (back in S7)
Thor begs to differ, he lost to WW (unless you count wanda vs z moment) but won to Vegeta

Problem is it’s smoke that blinds him. Herc doesn’t have smoke

also wasn’t that fire that can destroy the copies from red boy? (Red boys fire could affect him because it can bypass wukong’s immortalities except his extra life’s one)

can hydra blood arrows even bypass wukongs immortalities?

Yeah, as far as I see it being described, Hydra blood makes immortals want to kill themselves to stop feeling pain, not that it actually bypasses immortalities.

Now in VSW profiles Wukong should have mental resistance to help against this, not to mention he did survive poison sting that hurt Buddha.

I just dread "lol stats gap" and "lol this one time there was a loophole on immortality shenanigans" could actually happen.

Yeah, as far as I see it being described, Hydra blood makes immortals want to kill themselves to stop feeling pain, not that it actually bypasses immortalities.

Now in VSW profiles Wukong should have mental resistance to help against this, not to mention he did survive poison sting that hurt Buddha.

I just dread "lol stats gap" and "lol this one time there was a loophole on immortality shenanigans" could actually happen.
If they use Battle Buddha Wukong Herc even loses in strength and speed.

Well, we shall see what is given to them very soon.

If Sun Wukong does manage to kill Heracles though, doesn't that just leave an immortal god Heracles in his place? It's never specified that there's a gap between when Heracles dies and when he becomes a god, rather that as soon as he was burnt to death on the pyre, his immortal half is what remained.

Does that count as a transformation?

oh yeah there's a new predator movie

So if Boba fights him this is why

Holy. If a peak human primitive "first nation" young lady who is totally not Samus Aran could kill that "predator" whatever, there is no way Boba Fett would lose to him. Especially with Legends feats and scaling.

People are expecting this "predator" be some relatively novice warrior.

Last edited:
If Sun Wukong does manage to kill Heracles though, doesn't that just leave an immortal god Heracles in his place? It's never specified that there's a gap between when Heracles dies and when he becomes a god, rather that as soon as he was burnt to death on the pyre, his immortal half is what remained.

Does that count as a transformation?
See, I also want clarification on this, because surely that isnt the actual end of Herakles, is it? Since they are not using their end of story god modes, that form wouldn't count and Herakles actually just dies because of his wife by accident.

Holy. If a peak human primitive "first nation" young lady who is totally not Samus Aran could kill that "predator" whatever, there is no way Boba Fett would lose to him. Especially with Legends feats and scaling.

People are expecting this "predator" be some relatively novice warrior.
You know I've never watched the predator movies but even I know they're honor hunters. They give their targets a chance for the thrill of the hunt, so when hunting in a region where the most dangerous of human is a french man with a musket no shit he's going to use lower level weaponry for the hunt. This wouldn't really apply to a fight against Boba since Boba has a comparable level of technology to a predator.

You know I've never watched the predator movies but even I know they're honor hunters. They give their targets a chance for the thrill of the hunt, so when hunting in a region where the most dangerous of human is a french man with a musket no shit he's going to use lower level weaponry for the hunt. This wouldn't really apply to a fight against Boba since Boba has a comparable level of technology to a predator.
They are honorable hunters, 1st movie i think the predator decides to go h2h with the last man in a duel and barehanded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back