• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1844.jpg
Archie Sonic letting Knux handle his business

Well I am neutral. But yeah too much capeshit in one season will run out of ideas really soon and harm the series in the long run, when there will be appropriate times for capeshit to come but the idea goes off too early
Exactly Variety as i said is key to a good season
you don't want folks to feel like its S7 all over again
depending how many episodes we'll get this season

if its 16 we should not get no less than 5 or 6 MU at best relating to Capeshit
if it's 20 like i said 5 or 6 at max
That on top of the sordid state of their 3D in-house team and RoosterTeeth failing overall, is uh, very worrying about the future of the show.
it is and makes you wonder if it played a part for the wait
something like that is worrying given Luis and Crew have to do tons of work on the sprite team and the blender be more hampered into doing fights that are not in there alley

Trying to explain why people worry about Sprigatito

I hope they have Archie Knux wins, not just because he should, but because it'd be more satisfying to have the smaller character beat the larger one
Are you surprised that the "David" characters have a lot of wins against the "Goliath" characters throughout the Death Battle history?

• Yoshi VS Riptor
  • Tigerzord VS Gundam Epyon
  • Kirby VS Majin Buu
  • Amy Rose VS Ramona Flowers
  • Power Rangers VS Voltron
  • Optimus Prime VS Gundam
  • Wario VS King Dedede
  • Dragonzord VS Mechagodzilla
  • Goro VS Machamp
  • Venom VS Crona
  • Shadow VS Ryuko
  • Link VS Cloud (2012) and (2021)
Look into it yourself

Also the running gag in general that the character to go giant sized first usually loses.

I feel he would cause Juggs is more of a brick and lacks really any sufficient resistant to Knuckles Hax
Same.

Well Juggernaut resists some of the hax abilities by Knuckles but he would succumb to it - and that Archie Knuckles tagging Archie Sonic means Juggs get blitzed.

Last edited:
Are you surprised that the "David" characters have a lot of wins against the "Goliath" characters throughout the Death Battle history?

• Yoshi VS Riptor
  • Tigerzord VS Gundam Epyon
  • Kirby VS Majin Buu
  • Amy Rose VS Ramona Flowers
  • Power Rangers VS Voltron
  • Optimus Prime VS Gundam
  • Wario VS King Dedede
  • Dragonzord VS Mechagodzilla
  • Goro VS Machamp
  • Venom VS Crona
  • Shadow VS Ryuko
  • Link VS Cloud (2012) and (202
Really, these don't feel like David and Goliath fights

Do you consider Hercule Satan vs Dan Hibiki or Chuck Norris vs Segata Sanshiro or Deadpool vs composite Stanley Ipkiss or Smokey Bear vs McGruff the Crime Dog or Red Team vs Blue Team joke episodes?
Yes, I do consider most of those episodes joke episodes and yes, if they are done well they CAN work, but Macho Man vs Kool-Aid Man didn't work. I also never watched any of the Red vs Blue episodes so I can't judge them. I do think I should take that off my wishlist though, they don't show up as often.
* Drop blue chew/sex sponsors they're cringe and some of your audience are underage.
Well technically Death Battle is for young adults.
The real question is: why sex pills and sex toy sites see their potential audience there.
I'll address this on my next post about sex sponsors lmao
* Tone down the calcs and leave them towards the verdict analysis.
I do not get your point or do not quite appreciate your words of choice, but I believe and agree that spoiling the fight by the character analysis section is not a good idea in principle.
I think calcs should be left after the fight is over for comparison. Pre-fight analysis should consist on telling us about the character and their setting, their feats, skills/hax/ability rundown, the scaling they get, and overall a gist of the character's journey and accomplishments, combat related or not. Death Battle usually does this, but they interrupt the flow by inserting those calcs, even made worse by doing calcs of other character's feats, not the actual character who's going to be actually fighting to the death. I'm fine with calcs after the fight is over as part of their verdict justification. "So let's compare this feat vs this feat, it turns out the winner's feats were stronger by this amount"
* Bring back "FIGHT!".
I am neutral. but yeah this is good to see for a while. (but then they use the example of "Black Widow vs Widowmaker" to say how this will ruin the fight and limit fight choreography freedom)
I'd be fine with the FIGHT! being on displayed on screen, without hearing the sound effect. That would've worked on that episode. A silent "FIGHT!"

RE: Sponsors

From Blue Apron and Squarespace to Blue Chew and a ***** shop site....Reminds of me of Trump's team booking that landscaping lot next to an adult book store for a press conference. It's simply not professional.

to be fair, towards the end of the season they started getting sponsored by Better Health(Mental health provider), Raycon earbuds, and Full Sail university(for profit college-iffy, but better than sex toy sponsors). However, having sex toy and sex pills sponsors just rubs me the wrong way. Since Adam and Eve sponsors literally anything according to an above post, it makes me wonder if the channel is going through tough times. I'm not worried they'll be out of business, I'm sure us the fans can pick up the tab and pitch in generously to keep the channel going even if RT goes down in flames, but if they have to keep relying on sleazy sponsors, then that's a bad sign.

Sure 95% of the viewers just skip the sponsors bit or roll their eyes during live streams, or watches the episodes on RT's site, so it's not a huge deal but still....please get sponsored by something that's more professional. Try shaving products.

I seen way less popular youtubers get sponsored by shit like cereal products, men's shaving products, watches, or men's underwear. Surely they can get those.

Okay. The real upcoming Community Death Battle. Undead (Dark Souls) vs The Dovahkiin.

And more than half a day to go until the real Season 9 première matchup gets announced.

Yes. and please don't overthink this guys, but they said they'll reveal surprises tomorrow. 20 episode long season? A live-action match-up? A "new" character-Jocelyn joining? We shall see

My wishlist:
Please limit the capeshit episodes.
Fully agree, they really need to restrict the number of characters from each medium, i'm not asking a perfect balance either have comic books, anime/manga and videogames characters as main priority but still leave space for cartoons, movies/tv shows, novels/books and web/other characters.

Aside for that they also need to allow more obscured and/or less know franchises into the series for each season, limit MU to just series that are mainly mainstream in the USA simply restrict their options when it come to interesting MU.

Also, when it come to returning characters i think should only be limited to MUs that either:
  • Bring new characters in the series (even more if it from new franchises), like Shazam VS Pegasus Seiya.
  • Are highly requested by the fandom in general (be casual or/and versus fans), like Thor VS Vegeta.
  • Are considered legacy matches, like Kratos VS Dante.

Last edited:
Yes, I do consider most of those episodes joke episodes and yes, if they are done well they CAN work, but Macho Man vs Kool-Aid Man didn't work. I also never watched any of the Red vs Blue episodes so I can't judge them. I do think I should take that off my wishlist though, they don't show up as often.
To be fair, Macho Man vs Kool Aid Man mainly didn't work because the fight was so focused on everything BUT MM V KAM

He technically created new universe with Big bang, so non-high end Mags or M2 would likely lose.

I wonder if they would use that weird ending form for Tetsuo.
By Steven vs Star logic, non-high end Mags or M2 would likely lose to Movie Tetsuo.

Just... Will they play Dio vs Alucard on Tetsuo and say movie Tetsuo is not combat applicable or Mags and M2 just have ways to stop Tetsuo from even pulling the move?

Few predections:
Episode with Naruto character - from season 4 there is at least one Naruto character per season
Episode with Bleach character - because Bleach anime is coming back
Gandalf vs Dumbledore - because new Lord of the Rinds and Harry Potter tv shows
Kratos vs Dante - because new God of War game (possibly season finale)

Few predections:
Episode with Naruto character - from season 4 there is at least one Naruto character per season
Episode with Bleach character - because Bleach anime is coming back
Gandalf vs Dumbledore - because new Lord of the Rinds and Harry Potter tv shows
Kratos vs Dante - because new God of War game (possibly season finale)
1. Sakura, Itachi, or Obito
2. Kenpachi, Rukia, or Yoruichi

If they ever use Norman Osborne, will it be:
Insane: Green Goblin
Sane: Iron Patriot
Insaner: Red Goblin
Or a composite where he changes equipment sets and movesets

Well... imo 3D fights serve better with Thor vs Vegeta, that Boba Fett MU (with Predator, Prophet or Starlord) and yeah that Jinx MU (likely against Harley Quinn)

Not saying others can't work but the Scarlet Witch MU, the Tanjiro MU and the Tetsuo MU can go 2D sprite just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back