• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you just bump a discussion thread?
yes
maxresdefault.jpg

P3_vs_Xeno_random_ideas.png

After completing P3FES The Journey earlier this afternoon (which has just become one of my top 10 favourite games of all time btw), I decided to throw together a few P3 vs Xeno ideas using a portion of one of the format templates posted a few pages ago.

- Ryoji / Nyx vs Alvis / The Monado (XC1) (and maybe Ontos, but imma wait until Monolithsoft spills the beans on official terms). Stand-ins for the protagonists turned abstract concepts for the totality of their worlds (Makoto Yuki and Thanatos/Death + Shulk and the Monado respectively). Can also be interpreted briefly as traitor tropes, but are really just neutral arbiters for the vessels that they themselves inserted.

- Takaya Sakaki vs Malos (XC2). The deluded antagonists with quote 'artifical' powers from a small rag-tag band (Strega and post day Torna). Strega's Personas aren't 'normal', and require meds to fully control (to say nothing of the fact that Kirijos meddling means that only 3 of the original 100 Strega 'members' / test subjects actually survived), whereas (as pointed out by Klaus and his expo dump) even Aegis core crystals (and by extension all Blades) are just computer programs and data sent back to him. In spite of both characters psychopathy, both can be interpreted as neutral in their morality, Malos being described as 'neither good nor evil' by Klaus, and Tayaka's belief in Nyx (Death) as an inevitability of life being proven correct to the rest of the world. Both are also responsible for the in-canon deaths of temporary party members (Shinjiro Aragaki and Vandham respectively).
Added Bonus: Both also show indifference to their fellow members. Tayaka giving Jin Shirato a passing glance on the run-up to Nyx (to say nothing of his 'wasted potential' comments to Chidori reviving Junpei) and Malos not giving two ***** about the deaths of Jin/Akhos etc. before Aion.
Oh look their acquaintances are both named 'Jin'... what a surprise...

And speaking of Jin(s)...

- Jin Shirato vs Taion (XC3). This is a wild guess, but depending on how the whole 'Noah and Mio split routes' thing goes down morally/narratively, this MU as the 'brains of both operations' could go down really well. I tend to get MUs like this right by accident, trust me.

- Metis vs T-elos (Xenosaga III). This is more of a DBX idea, but I was scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas that I haven't already list on my grid MU chart, so here. Only just started the Answer, so I'll keep posting, but for now it seems to be a portmanteau of the Shion Uzuki 'you were actually close to me' stockholm syndrome thing, while also being the KOS-MOS vs T-elos 'rival specs turned half human that also becomes a part of their being' (looking at the SMT wiki, there seem to be theories about Metis being Aigis's shadow which I'll remain neutral on until I can speak for the veracity of them)

- Mitsuru Kirijo vs Elma (XCX). My pick for a Mitsuru rematch on DBa if Weiss decides to go walkabouts. Basic idea is 'heir to a group of elites that can be interpreted as a contributing factor to the destruction of their worlds' and also have two sides to themselves. Kinda flimsy, and Elma has other, but none of Elma's MUs have really fully stuck yet, so it's food for thought at least.

Speaking of characters who have multiple options, Ken Amada also came up on my radar, but sort of ran into problems with his three options. Those options and their issues were:

Shulk: The plot beats are similar, and the idea of their characters for the longest time is basically the same (revenge for a loved one or family member at the hands of someone you initially hate, but get talked out of revenge which leads to casualties anyway), the logistics are just messier (Shulk forgoes his initial revenge on Egil to unite Bionis and Mechonis, only to be shot in the back by Dickson which reawakens Zanza, of which Zanza proceeds to be the death of Egil, whereas Ken was on the cusp of killing Shinjiro, only for Takaya to do the dirty work for Ken, changing his resolve (also Shinjiro can survive in Portable from what I've heard, just ends up in a coma)). The other problem is that while I don't consider Shulk booked (although Sora is near as dammit, Kirito and Zael are strong HMs and... no, I am NOT taking Lightning as a rebuttal), his MU spreads are so stacked that Ken has heavy competition is these two are coming to the format. Also, the relations basically stop at 'initial revenge' and not much else, although Shulk mistaking Nemesis or Kala-Neme for a Mechon could have some good banter and animation potential later down the road.

Fiora: See above, but Fiora is less motivated by revenge, and she's actually booked (Emil Ratatosk, if you recall). On the flipside, 'Nemesis' becomes a motif for the fight (Face Nemesis, anyone?).

(It's only just hit me how short on time I am)

Gaignun Jr. This one falls more under the 'they only look age 10 each, but are snarky yet grown-up for their age, which is a coping mechanism for their trauma'. Kirijo groups meddling could also be seen as similar to Joachim Mizrahi's experiments being the reason for the events of Saga (Shadows vs The Gnosis), with his 'father' Yuriev happening to be one of U-TIC's clients (apprapo given Juli Mizrahi spent more time in the Yuriev institute do to alleged divorce (which has continuity discrepancies which I will uncover one of these days)). Other than that... Jr. isn't motivated out of any revenge (in fact, his mission is anger management and reconciliation with Albedo), and the relations stop at the line. Then again, Jr. does have Alby the Albino, and Ken and Koromaru do technically live together, so...?

Anyway this post is long enough so I'll pull the plug here.

I thought it was fine, way better than Batman and Harley Quinn
That's the like saying "getting hit in the stomach wasn't that bad, at least I didn't get hit in the balls". Like Batman and Harley Quinn sucks because it doesn't properly introduces it's new characters, has the main story end abruptly without a good ending and somehow make the shit that happens to Tim even worse somehow, Fatal Five sucks for different reasons.
The fetal five has a heap of problems, the plot felt half backed and most of the character felt underutilized. I get they had to cut alot of the more interesting ideas from the movie like Diana loosing her powers because the Greek gods left the universe or bad man being forgotten by history and using that to his advantage but still what we got was very underwhelming. The whole DCAU miss martian thing is also confusing, like how does she exist exactly? Where did they find another Martian exactly? Also why can the justice league casually beat the Five but a team of Lanterns (characters who are around the same level as the league) get bodied? I get most of the main team are off planet but why wouldn't they call in all the other reserve members (I get it's because budget but still write an actual good reason)? Them actually doing the "Say one thing and then the exact opposite thing happens" thing with Mr. Tarrific hiding spot is just annoying, also he could have done much more to hide the device better, there are members of the League who can shrink things down to the subatomic level and open portals to other realitys, he's supposed to be the 3rd smartist man on earth why is your best idea some hallow mountian? I just can't with that movie, it's just such a let down, especially when comparing it to JLU and the rest of the DCAU.

Spoiler warning lifted off

Suggested reading material

For Jonathan Joestar

For Tanjiro Kamado
Anyone want to explain why "Spy x Family" is relevant to Jonathan Joestar and "Kirby the Forgotten Land" is relevant to Tanjiro Kamado.

Sonny Vegas and Inshot
Thanks.
Good I am saving more money now.

brandon taking on 25 commissions....im so busy at work RN, so i'll probably miss out....but go go go

Just saved up some money to lodge one matchup. See how it goes.

So, if Jetstream Sam ever made it on to Death battle, who do you think he’ll fight?
I’ve seen Atomic Samurai, Adam Tartarus, and Gordeau
When has Adam Taurus changed name to Adam Tartarus? Or is there another Adam Tartarus?

Patrick vs Goofy...

Great.

Last edited:
Brandon's prices went up and I would probably lose interest in that match-up by the time he does it plus most of my matches have a good chance of becoming a real episode. IDK....maybe I will pull the trigger....will think about it

Most of them from the ones I found:
  • Burter - QS might be faster but can’t hurt him
  • Sonic - Slower and can’t hurt Base or Super Sonic
  • The Flash - lol
  • Tenya Iida - Quicksilver blitzes
  • A-Train - Quicksilver blitzes and one shots
  • Vergil - lol. lmao, even.
Being Street tier and having no Durability Negation really hurts QS.
Bump

Who is the character being suggested to fight against Solaire of Astora?

Bump

Anyways, Katana is DC's best girl
You spelled Cassandra Cain wrong
Funny, I thought Zatanna is.
DC best girl pageant contest?

Should I also have a "best boy" and "best other gender" pageant contest?

Brandon's prices went up and I would probably lose interest in that match-up by the time he does it plus most of my matches have a good chance of becoming a real episode. IDK....maybe I will pull the trigger....will think about it
Okay even Skye/TehGM is redoing commissions... So maybe check your pockets.

... How to commission him again?
(Okay I find it here)
Less than 2 minutes and 30 seconds (Instrumental): 75 U.S. Dollars
Less than 2 minutes and 30 seconds (Lyrics/Vocal): 100 U.S. Dollars
2 minutes and 30 seconds to 5 minutes (Instrumental): 125 U.S. Dollars
2 minutes and 30 seconds to 5 minutes (Lyrics/Vocal): 150 U.S. Dollars
5 minutes to 10 minutes (Instrumental): 200 U.S. Dollars
5 minutes to 10 minutes (Lyrics/Vocal): 250 U.S. Dollars

So a bigger discount.
IMO, these will be good for:
  • People wanting a big list of music but have relatively less cash spared
  • People wanting some music from verses having fewer chances of getting into Death Battle (e.g. fan fiction, collective writing, real life celebrities, etc.) and the sponsor does not care if that MU gets into Death Battle or not
  • Does not care about thumbnails or track covers
Actually, sad to say, good for matchups like e.g. Frieza vs Thanos.

Last edited:
300$ at minimum? That's quite expensive.
US$300 per music, far higher with longer lengths, with vocals and specialized custom TN and motional TN.

If you have a tight budget or you wish to have the same budget for two works instead, try Skye TehGM
Provisional price list and contact method:
Less than 2 minutes and 30 seconds (Instrumental): 75 U.S. Dollars
Less than 2 minutes and 30 seconds (Lyrics/Vocal): 100 U.S. Dollars
2 minutes and 30 seconds to 5 minutes (Instrumental): 125 U.S. Dollars
2 minutes and 30 seconds to 5 minutes (Lyrics/Vocal): 150 U.S. Dollars
5 minutes to 10 minutes (Instrumental): 200 U.S. Dollars
5 minutes to 10 minutes (Lyrics/Vocal): 250 U.S. Dollars

Or... Introduce to me some great music composing software (like I can pay one-off and have access to different "can" instrumental and sound effects to compose music) and wait till I write music for a commission as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back