• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if they wouldn't scale water Pokemon to fire Pokemon simply because fire is weak to water...

Or basically how they would scale Pokemons considering the big chain which can't be ignored...

They'd probably use 0.5x/2x multipliers accordingly, not just a reference to weakness spreads, but to the power needed to break even.

For example: the 4 Kahunas vs Guzzlord in the SM Anime. Hala had Fightinium Z (2x vs Guzzlord), but Nanu had Darkinium Z (0.5x vs Guzzlord). Do I interpret this as Hala doing 1/4 of the work because 0.5/1/2/1 is the same as 1-all, or do I interpret it as him doing 1/8th of the work because 0.5/4 is the same as 1/8th?

It was very soon after OW was released and Scout has even today support to say its generally wrong. But top off my head its still in TOP 5 WORST DBs which is insane.

I think they hated how Scout barely moved, wrong showing of that Drink ability too.

Reading YT comments we see hate for rocket feat being weakened.

Was sifting through old DBs, why was this episode hated again?

Aside from the whole Overwatch vs TF2 debacle, Scout barely ran at all throughout the fight, barely got any of his non-stock arsenal, arsenal wasn't represented well (Bonk is super-dodging not invincibility, the bat taunt is a one hit kill, etc.), Overwatch hadn't even been out half a year at that point (there's striking while the iron's hot, and there's striking for iron that hasn't been heated yet), saying Scout doesn't scale to the rockets because "point of impact is never shown" despite the fact the rockets perspective is shown to land on right on him, saying Scout is only 17mph when his Meet the Team video has him nearly outrunning a train. It's a bunch of stuff.

Also, they could've got Scout's actual voice actor but didn't because the episode was too far in production. Not something where anyone's at fault, just thought I'd mention.

It was an open and shut case for Scout (even today, it is).

I didnt check all of these, but Wiki did have a few outdated dislikes rating.

Here are current sub 80% likes episodes, the convenient Top 15 Worst:

MvS2 79
Sasuke vs Hiei 79
Chief vs Doom 79
Bats Spidey 79
Pika vs Blanka 78
Kirby vs Buu 78
Zelda vs Peach 74
Gaara vs Toph 74
Thor WW 72
Poke vs Digi 71
Tracer vs Scout 69
Lara vs Drake 64
GvS1 61
GvS2 58
Ben vs Hal 56

It kinda does feel like some eps are due to salt, but all of these had some issues to be fair.

If I'm going to be the contrarian in the room, may I point out that BONK was only supposed to last 17 seconds, but in the animation, it lasted for... what, a minute, at least? Saying he was completely jipped is a false dichotomy IMO.

This matchup came less down to what they were given, and more to the application of what they were given. Oh and the whole "taunt is an instant kill because Tracer only has 150HP"? No, that's just stat fallacy.

If I'm going to be the contrarian in the room, may I point out that BONK was only supposed to last 17 seconds, but in the animation, it lasted for... what, a minute, at least? Saying he was completely jipped is a false dichotomy IMO.

This matchup came less down to what they were given, and more to the application of what they were given. Oh and the whole "taunt is an instant kill because Tracer only has 150HP"? No, that's just stat fallacy.
Even if considering taunt as insta kill, circumstances under which he would use this taunt properly against tracer is nearly impossible.

Even if considering taunt as insta kill, circumstances under which he would use this taunt properly against tracer is nearly impossible.
Exactly.

I've always had the sense that people think Base Scout is faster than Base Tracer because of that whole "length measure drag race" video that was made (something that coincidentally cropped up before the DBa in question). What people seem habitually unwilling to acknowledge is that Tracer wouldn't just exhaust all of the Blinks in one go, because (needless to say) that's not the totality of a battle between the two. So you can scoff and say "hurr durr Scout no run?" as much as you want, when it wouldn't even be worth it for him.

Hence...

Considering Scout on the Wiki is only Peak Human Speed (Lol), while Tracer has her at Subsonic with Hypersonic movements, seems like on the site it’s a huge speedblitz for now

^

What if they wouldn't scale water Pokemon to fire Pokemon simply because fire is weak to water...

Or basically how they would scale Pokemons considering the big chain which can't be ignored...
There are type effectiveness charts and scaling chains to discuss.

But yeah, regarding that Fox McCloud vs Sonic Smash Smash Bracket,
Well when everything fails:

They still have that message from el zungutrule
Behind this, there are many animators who put a lot of effort into bringing beautiful content. Please be respectful with Likes, they do not deserve that treatment regardless of the results of the battles

Ok I guess they're legit will make Ness 9-B to 9-A at most and will say to uni Ness "lol pray".

Screen it, it's probably gonna happen.
Speaking of 9-B to 9-A Undertale... I wonder how Sans vs Sally (BOFURI) goes...

I didnt check all of these, but Wiki did have a few outdated dislikes rating.

Here are current sub 80% likes episodes, the convenient Top 15 Worst:

MvS2 79
Sasuke vs Hiei 79
Chief vs Doom 79
Bats Spidey 79
Pika vs Blanka 78
Kirby vs Buu 78
Zelda vs Peach 74
Gaara vs Toph 74
Thor WW 72
Poke vs Digi 71
Tracer vs Scout 69
Lara vs Drake 64
GvS1 61
GvS2 58
Ben vs Hal 56

It kinda does feel like some eps are due to salt, but all of these had some issues to be fair.
The Sasuke vs Hiei one, Gaara vs Toph, and arguably Chief vs Doom are the ones that actually deserves hate.
I would say Bomberman vs Dig Dug does not get sufficient hate enough.

Last edited:
Was sifting through old DBs, why was this episode hated again?

the fight itself sucked and felt like it was shilling OW
plus like what this guy said
Aside from the whole Overwatch vs TF2 debacle, Scout barely ran at all throughout the fight, barely got any of his non-stock arsenal, arsenal wasn't represented well (Bonk is super-dodging not invincibility, the bat taunt is a one hit kill, etc.), Overwatch hadn't even been out half a year at that point (there's striking while the iron's hot, and there's striking for iron that hasn't been heated yet), saying Scout doesn't scale to the rockets because "point of impact is never shown" despite the fact the rockets perspective is shown to land on right on him, saying Scout is only 17mph when his Meet the Team video has him nearly outrunning a train. It's a bunch of stuff.

Also, they could've got Scout's actual voice actor but didn't because the episode was too far in production. Not something where anyone's at fault, just thought I'd mention.
regardless on who would win it whatever but point is the fight was not handled well at all

the fight itself sucked and felt like it was shilling OW
plus like what this guy said

regardless on who would win it whatever but point is the fight was not handled well at all
Ben explained that Torrian (the mokap guy) was heavily injured during the production of Tracer vs Scout and therefore he has to resort to portraying a tank-ier brawl-ier fight. Which kind of defeats the point of having Tracer vs Scout.

Oh as I am having insomnia I am introducing some "night"-mare matchup.

Last edited:
Yeah, the fact that Yang vs Tifa escaped low dislikes shows YT isnt best proof of how liked ep is. Ofc general audience and dedicated DB audience differs.

If we had to make real Top 15 worst, based not only on results, but also research, intro analysis and character presentation, I wonder how it would look like.

Y’all I just realized something and correct me if I’m wrong, but if we use DB stats for marvel characters and again only of of DB stats wouldn’t Wolverine beat Raiden if they did the match again with modern research?

They considered street tiers to be light speed and wolverine claws can harm herald tier characters. I know the episode was made in old DB but that just something I thought of lol.

Y’all I just realized something and correct me if I’m wrong, but if we use DB stats for marvel characters and again only of of DB stats wouldn’t Wolverine beat Raiden if they did the match again with modern research?

They considered street tiers to be light speed and wolverine claws can harm herald tier characters. I know the episode was made in old DB but that just something I thought of lol.
probably so

what is the record of both series on the show and the record between them personally
Oh right, I only showed the +9 & -5 relatively. The real stats are.

Marvel 16 Wins, 21 losses & 1 draw. Technically Marvel has 2nd most wins but so many losses.

DC has 20 wins & 11 losses.

Then its the complicated. Do we compare using newer stats to see which eps are contradicted by themselves? Or do I give personal opinion which prolly heavily differentiates from this site lol

Oh right, I only showed the +9 & -5 relatively. The real stats are.

Marvel 16 Wins, 21 losses & 1 draw. Technically Marvel has 2nd most wins but so many losses.

DC has 20 wins & 11 losses.

Then its the complicated. Do we compare using newer stats to see which eps are contradicted by themselves? Or do I give personal opinion which prolly heavily differentiates from this site lol

And if we excluded all Marvel vs DC fights entirely? What would Marvel's W/L ratio look like then? As would DC's?

Because knowing the amount that Marvel and DC have butted heads, I feel as though these stats are almost taken out of context.

Im making a list but yeah DC has not lost to non-Marvel. Thats a meme at this point.
And Marvel suffers the most Ls in Death Battle
despite being the only verse (so far) to beat DC counterparts is another meme.
The meme and the irony will be even stronger with Galactus likely defeating Unicron. This is like, a verse with one of the strongest characters in all fiction, suffers the most Ls in a Death Battle.

Now, people should be really hyped upon John Constantine vs Raidou Kuzunoha, at the same time being very puzzled.
Likely John will be defeated by Raidou.
But SMT (Persona included) will likely have an L from Noel Vermillion vs Aigis.
But Blazblue has has one L from Guilty Gear by Sol Badguy vs Ragna the Bloodedge.
So... Is Guilty Gear the strongest verse?

DC would have 0 loses while Marvel would have loses more than wins. I wouldn't be surprised if it would go like I wrote.

The DC bias isn't surprising (I think I saw such a meme about it earlier in this thread, about how Marvel has been the only verse to ever have W's VS DC).

As for Marvel vs Non-DC...

Marvel_vs_Non-DC.png

Now, people should be really hyped upon John Constantine vs Raidou Kuzunoha, at the same time being very puzzled.
Likely John will be defeated by Raidou.
But SMT (Persona included) will likely have an L from Noel Vermillion vs Aigis.
But Blazblue has has one L from Guilty Gear by Sol Badguy vs Ragna the Bloodedge.
So... Is Guilty Gear the strongest verse?
no because Persona isn’t a real shin megami tensei game

Eff it, let’s do both. How DB stats in newer eps change eps and how I view em. I don’t know comics best, so expect weirdness.

Rogue vs WW

DB Stats: They had WW beat Thor lol

Me: Probably same reason. Rogue has trouble with Thor powered characters, right?

Thor vs Raiden

DB Stats: Its even bigger stomp now lmao

Me: Take a guess

Batman vs Spider-Man

DB Stats: Literally showed in Barb vs Gwen that Spidey out stats

Me: Yup

Goku vs Superman

DB Stats: Swan will make Supes win, but surprisingly I think for now Goku outstats?

Me: At the time, probably right. Unsure if GT is really consistent Uni or so, haven’t checked it.

Batman vs Captain America

DB Stats: I think Cap wins? Honestly Caps stats haven’t been used clearly.

Me: If the stats gap isn’t big enough, Bats can win. Dunno how big it is.

Deadpool vs Deathstroke

DB Stats: Honestly maybe DP? Esp. with wacky items.

Me: Technically DS can’t kill DP, but DP is so easy to dismember it leads to weirdest enigma. DS can’t truly easily kill DP, but DP can come back slow. I guess too slowly so point for Slade.

Iron Man vs Lex Luthor

DB Stats: For now Uni Lex lol ggs but Iron Man might be next.

Me: Yeah, I know personality should affect fights, but to guarantee that big gap? Or, well not sure where Lex is actually. Above Planet but like… I dunno really anymore.

Beast vs Goliath

DB Stats: Pretty sure Beast has tussled with Spidey right? Lightspeed would win but DB isnt most that mutant happy.

Me: No idea, current disinterest in comics makes me hope Goliath but prolly not.

Darth Vader vs Dr. Doom

DB Stats: “I’LL MAKE YOU WISH YOU WERE FIGHTING PALPATINE”

Me: Force might affect Doom (does Force count as TK?) but like, its Doo-oom

Goku vs Superman 2

DB Stats: Read GvS1

Me: At the time prolly right, but its bad and it was outdated in 2 months jfc lmao

Wolverine vs Raiden

DB Stats: Wolvies too fest

Me: Hope Raiden wins, but its prolly Wolvie

Green Arrow vs Hawkeye

DB Stats: I think stats match well?

Me: Uhh sure?

Flash vs Quicksilver:

DB Stats: Yes

Me: Yes

Joker vs Sweet Tooth

DB Stats: I think stat wise Joker somehow could pull a win?

Me: ST should prolly win. Jokermobile is never brought up good feats and even if ST loses on foot, Big mecha is Big mecha.

Hulk vs Doomsday

DB Stats: They haven’t memed DC that much yet so oddly Hulk prolly outstats

Me: DD wins seems logical on ability wise, but WTF are their stats. Technically Hulk prolly isn’t that OP so Doomsday.

Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie

DB Stats: So far DP would outstat but uhh

Me: If canon DP met a magic Pony who invited him to a party, would he join it? This might be inconclusive for two 4th wall breakers wanting to piss off.

Venom vs Bane

Me: Does Bane even have 1% chance of winning?

18 vs Marvel

DB Stats: Final form rules might make Carol win. Tho S6 stats are low enough that 18 in show now would beat it but oh well

Me: Carol can’t choose to turn to Binary so (hopefully) 18 wins seems likelier. Her big fight vs Vegeta she didn’t use Ki at all.

Shredder vs Silver Samurai

DB Stats: SS lol Spidey scaling

Me: I wish Shredder wins, but yeah, its prolly likelier SS cuts Shredder faster.

Thor vs WW

DB Stats: Weird one, WW blitzes but is AP stomps. That sword might still make her win.

Me: Wondie prolly

Terry vs Miguel

DB Stats: They buffed Miguel to Mach 2000+, bye Terry

Me: Terry prolly isn’t consistently on that rock lift level so Miguel.

BP vs Bats

DB Stats: BP prolly gets Spidey speeds gg

Me: I heard the claim that BP isn’t consistently that hard to kill, so I am curious. Normally BP.

Raven vs Twilight Sparkle

DB Stats: Kinda same still but Raven has easy potential.

Me: Bye pony

Strange vs Fate

DB Stats: Kinda same still

Me: Makes sense

Carnage vs Lucy

DB Stats: Carnage is guaranteed to have better new stats like speed…

Me: …But Lucy can also be faster. I dunno, Lucy I guess? Even if relativistic she has range. Also, suicide moves winning are ok now.

Nightwing vs DD

DB Stats: DD hangs with Spidey does he? Then him.

Me: Uhh I guess DD just to have a DC L lol I dunno

Ultron vs Sigma

DB Stats: Oof

Me: Does Sigma really have NOTHING?

Thanos vs Darkseid

DB Stats: They were power crept by Hulk lmao DS wins, does he scale to Wally?

Me: Even if Thanos figures shit out, his personality is likelier to mess up.

Aquaman vs Namor:

DB Stats: AM prolly gets better scaling

BW vs WM

DB Stats: OW wouldn’t get buffed

Marvel vs Shazam

DB Stats: Bye Carol

Me: Indeed

Ben 10 vs Green Lanterm

DB Stats: Time hasnt ruined this ep

Me: TIME HUH THANKS FOR THE

ok but for real I dunno if Hal is consistent enough but you can make arguments, I guess.

GR vs Lobo

DB Stats: Lobo might get buffed but still gets haxed.

Me: Heard GR high ends aren’t consistent, but dunno. Lobo seems cool enough.

DP vs Mask

DB Stats: Not outdated

Me: Technically maybe that op DP items win but otherwise Mask.

Miles vs Static

DB Stats: Wait, couldn’t Miles blitz?

Me: Shrug

Canary vs Sindel

Me: That decibel feat just wins

Genos vs WM

Me: Genos should be better have way better CQC but he loses

Cable vs BG

Me: If you say so

She-Ra vs WW

DB Stats: Why wasn’t WW Uni level via scaling lol

Me: Are comics canon to cartoon SheRa? That’s her origin canon no? I dunno

Wally vs Archie Sonic

Me: This is actually bizarre realistically, but I suppose its ok at high ends.

WS vs RH

Me: ‘nods’

Venom vs Crona

Me: Thank god they did this now for comics L haha

Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen

Me: zzz

Hulk vs Broly

DB Stats: Somehow Hulk is faster noe, but Broly still too stronk

Me: Based DBZ win streak

You can say Broly is weaker, but real Hulk is MUCH weaker. Revival time is still unknown from vaporization.

Lex vs Doom

Me: “FOOTDIVE”

IF vs Po

Me: As long as lightspeed doesn’t mean IF punches every microsecond, Po should (hopefully) win.

So, for using newer stats, record would have been:

Marvel 22 wins 15 losses 1 tie

DC 18 wins 13 losses

Also, M vs DC record is 11-11, changed one is 13-9

DC gets nerfed and Marvel, if I understand lightspeed scaling right, actually wins. I think DB could give em that.

So, Marvel is done dirty feeding Street level characters away wrongly lol

Not counting my thoughts, honestly quite a lot of uncertainty.

Eff it, let’s do both. How DB stats in newer eps change eps and how I view em. I don’t know comics best, so expect weirdness.

Rogue vs WW

DB Stats: They had WW beat Thor lol

Me: Probably same reason. Rogue has trouble with Thor powered characters, right?

Thor vs Raiden

DB Stats: Its even bigger stomp now lmao

Me: Take a guess

Batman vs Spider-Man

DB Stats: Literally showed in Barb vs Gwen that Spidey out stats

Goku vs Superman

DB Stats: Swan will make Supes win, but surprisingly I think for now Goku outstats?

Me: At the time, probably right. Unsure if GT is really consistent Uni or so, haven’t checked it.

Batman vs Captain America

DB Stats: I think Cap wins? Honestly Caps stats haven’t been used clearly.

Me: If the stats gap isn’t big enough, Bats can win. Dunno how big it is.

Deadpool vs Deathstroke

DB Stats: Honestly maybe DP? Esp. with wacky items.

Me: Technically DS can’t kill DP, but DP is so easy to dismember it leads to weirdest enigma. DS can’t truly easily kill DP, but DP can come back slow. I guess too slowly so point for Slade.

Iron Man vs Lex Luthor

DB Stats: For now Uni Lex lol ggs but Iron Man might be next.

Me: Yeah, I know personality should affect fights, but to guarantee that big gap? Or, well not sure where Lex is actually. Above Planet but like… I dunno really anymore.

Beast vs Goliath

DB Stats: Pretty sure Beast has tussled with Spidey right? Lightspeed would win but DB isnt most that mutant happy.

Me: No idea, current disinterest in comics makes me hope Goliath but prolly not.

Darth Vader vs Dr. Doom

DB Stats: “I’LL MAKE YOU WISH YOU WERE FIGHTING PALPATINE”

Me: Force might affect Doom (does Force count as TK?) but like, its Doo-oom

Goku vs Superman 2

DB Stats: Read GvS1

Me: At the time prolly right, but its bad and it was outdated in 2 months jfc lmao

Wolverine vs Raiden

DB Stats: Wolvies too fest

Me: Hope Raiden wins, but its prolly Wolvie

Green Arrow vs Hawkeye

DB Stats: I think stats match well?

Me: Uhh sure?

Flash vs Quicksilver:

Joker vs Sweet Tooth

DB Stats: I think stat wise Joker somehow could pull a win?

Me: ST should prolly win. Jokermobile is never brought up good feats and even if ST loses on foot, Big mecha is Big mecha.

Hulk vs Doomsday

DB Stats: They haven’t memed DC that much yet so oddly Hulk prolly outstats

Me: DD wins seems logical on ability wise, but WTF are their stats. Technically Hulk prolly isn’t that OP so Doomsday.

Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie

DB Stats: So far DP would outstat but uhh

Me: If canon DP met a magic Pony who invited him to a party, would he join it? This might be inconclusive for two 4th wall breakers wanting to piss off.

Venom vs Bane

Me: Does Bane even have 1% chance of winning?

18 vs Marvel

DB Stats: Final form rules might make Carol win. Tho S6 stats are low enough that 18 in show now would beat it but oh well

Me: Carol can’t choose to turn to Binary so (hopefully) 18 wins seems likelier. Her big fight vs Vegeta she didn’t use Ki at all.

Shredder vs Silver Samurai

DB Stats: SS lol Spidey scaling

Me: I wish Shredder wins, but yeah, its prolly likelier SS cuts Shredder faster.

Thor vs WW

DB Stats: Weird one, WW blitzes but is AP stomps. That sword might still make her win.

Me: Wondie prolly

Terry vs Miguel

DB Stats: They buffed Miguel to Mach 2000+, bye Terry

Me: Terry prolly isn’t consistently on that rock lift level so Miguel.

BP vs Bats

DB Stats: BP prolly gets Spidey speeds gg

Me: I heard the claim that BP isn’t consistently that hard to kill, so I am curious. Normally BP.

Raven vs Twilight Sparkle

DB Stats: Kinda same still but Raven has easy potential.

Me: Bye pony

Strange vs Fate

DB Stats: Kinda same still

Me: Makes sense

Carnage vs Lucy

DB Stats: Carnage is guaranteed to have better new stats like speed…

Me: …But Lucy can also be faster. I dunno, Lucy I guess? Even if relativistic she has range. Also, suicide moves winning are ok now.

Nightwing vs DD

DB Stats: DD hangs with Spidey does he? Then him.

Me: Uhh I guess DD just to have a DC L lol I dunno

Ultron vs Sigma

DB Stats: Oof

Me: Does Sigma really have NOTHING?

Thanos vs Darkseid

DB Stats: They were power crept by Hulk lmao DS wins, does he scale to Wally?

Me: Even if Thanos figures shit out, his personality is likelier to mess up.

Aquaman vs Namor:

DB Stats: AM prolly gets better scaling

BW vs WM

DB Stats: OW wouldn’t get buffed

Marvel vs Shazam

DB Stats: Bye Carol

Me: Indeed

Ben 10 vs Green Lanterm

DB Stats: Time hasnt ruined this ep

Me: TIME HUH THANKS FOR THE

ok but for real I dunno if Hal is consistent enough but you can make arguments, I guess.

GR vs Lobo

DB Stats: Lobo might get buffed but still gets haxed.

Me: Heard GR high ends aren’t consistent, but dunno. Lobo seems cool enough.

DP vs Mask

Me: Technically maybe that op DP items win but otherwise Mask.

Miles vs Static

DB Stats: Wait, couldn’t Miles blitz?

Me: Shrug

Canary vs Sindel

Me: That decibel feat just wins

Genos vs WM

Me: Genos should be better have way better CQC but he loses

Cable vs BG

Me: If you say so

She-Ra vs WW

DB Stats: Why wasn’t WW Uni level via scaling lol

Me: Are comics canon to cartoon SheRa? That’s her origin canon no? I dunno

Wally vs Archie Sonic

Me: This is actually bizarre realistically, but I suppose its ok at high ends.

WS vs RH

Me: ‘nods’

Venom vs Crona

Me: Thank god they did this now for comics L haha

Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen

Me: zzz

Hulk vs Broly

DB Stats: Somehow Hulk is faster noe, but Broly still too stronk

Me: Based DBZ win streak

You can say Broly is weaker, but real Hulk is MUCH weaker. Revival time is still unknown from vaporization.

Lex vs Doom

Me: “FOOTDIVE”

IF vs Po

Me: As long as lightspeed doesn’t mean IF punches every microsecond, Po should (hopefully) win.

So, for using newer stats, record would have been:

Marvel 22 wins 15 losses 1 tie

DC 18 wins 13 losses

Also, M vs DC record is 11-11, changed one is 13-9

DC gets nerfed and Marvel, if I understand lightspeed scaling right, actually wins. I think DB could give em that.

So, Marvel is done dirty feeding Street level characters away wrongly lol

Not counting my thoughts, honestly quite a lot of uncertainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back