• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Cell, even though Season 7 ruined comics in DB for me, the answer feels like it should be Super Skrull.

Cell is made from multiple DNAs, so what better than someone else with multiple powers.

And frankly, Metal Sonic, Dark Samus & Zygarde are not only less thematic, but have a big problems. None of them really talk much. Super Skrull could give a smack talk opportunity.

Man, its weird that DB has never looked at Cell's SS feat at all. 10 years and its been ignored.

Copy X talks, and his "Holier than thou" style reflects nicely off of Cell being an arrogant asshole.
Man, its weird that DB has never looked at Cell's SS feat at all. 10 years and its been ignored.
They've never really needed to look at it. Either they've been
  1. Not using powerscaling like absolute ******* dumbasses
  2. Been talking about characters who don't scale to Cell
  3. Been using characters who scale to Goku and Beerus' universal feat
Only time they really could have mentioned it is Shadow vs Vegeta (Good luck with getting any stats at all in a Season 1 fight) and Kirby vs Majin Buu (Which Kirby wins even if you do consider solar system level stuff)

As for Cell, even though Season 7 ruined comics in DB for me, the answer feels like it should be Super Skrull.

Cell is made from multiple DNAs, so what better than someone else with multiple powers.

And frankly, Metal Sonic, Dark Samus & Zygarde are not only less thematic, but have a big problems. None of them really talk much. Super Skrull could give a smack talk opportunity.

So how to compare between Cell vs Super Skrull and Cell vs Copy X?

Oh how popular is Aleph of Shin Megami Tensei? Aleph vs KOS-MOS needs to grow hard enough to put a great fight instead of just a mediocre at best X vs KOS-MOS esp when X vs Samus Aran is just as popular but more debatable and interesting.

Super Skrull has way more material to use right? And DB loves them comics.

The fight can use lots of stuff from FighterZ & MvC3.

And yeah, doesn't Copy X have the Dark Samus issue? He mainly mimics one single character. Cell has stuff from Saiyans, Namekian & Frieza's Race and Super Skrull has Fantastic Four's set. The multicopy aspect is better with Skrull.

Instead of the routine GvS can of worms let’s talk about SvM! How does SLOWnic top Mario galaxy speed feats?!
How does Mario scale to travel speed of Green Stars in the first place.

And obviously since Sonic can run to restore space in Generations, the (I think) limitless level in Secret Rings and run between dimensions in Forces, not to mention Super Sonic fights someone who exists across time, Sonic literally just transcends Mario.

Yes sirreee

Like overall or in the deathbattle community?
Overall and/or in the Death Battle community

Like Aleph vs KOS-MOS raises its attention it should have since John vs Raidou is growing popularity as a Death Battle matchup but not by so much.

Super Skrull has way more material to use right? And DB loves them comics.

The fight can use lots of stuff from FighterZ & MvC3.

And yeah, doesn't Copy X have the Dark Samus issue? He mainly mimics one single character. Cell has stuff from Saiyans, Namekian & Frieza's Race and Super Skrull has Fantastic Four's set. The multicopy aspect is better with Skrull.
So Cell vs Super Skrull and Cell vs Copy X is just as good (Cell vs Super Skrull is more popular but still behind Cell vs Meruem and Cell vs Dark Samus).
On the other hand, Super Skrull has Deoxys. But Deoxys also has Majora.

Back to Death Battle Season Eight prediction, I am currently having 6 to 1 (the 1 goes to rooting for Heihachi but betting on Geese). And it is worth it considering Tekken and KOF are put back to where they belong. And 98% reception rate pal.
Oh I bet on Cloud.

Instead of the routine GvS can of worms let’s talk about SvM! How does SLOWnic top Mario galaxy speed feats?!

SvM is always a mess. If you start them both off in base, Mario pokes before Sonic becomes a problem.

But if both get their best feats/equipment than it just becomes a matter of opinion. For every person who does or doesn't believe in Uni Mario, or does or doesn't believe in immeasurable Sonic, you have several other dumb feats to scale each character to, either higher or lower.

Someone could just say "immeasurable gg" or "Dream Depot gg" and then the argument becomes dumb.

Personally I think Mario wins, because in a random encounter scenario, Sonic gets oneshot before going into his super form. He's got a streak of showing some friendly cockiness and never goes full speed unless he absolutely has to, while Mario as far as I know, doesn't have any showings of necessarily holding back.

Sonic would more than likely playfully underestimate a mechless humanoid opponent and proceed to get turned into red paste from one hit. Or Mario haxxes him hard.

Tl;dr Mario wins based on the rulings of how I personally tend to imagine matchups happening.

dek2o9q-653e113e-9591-4112-90da-db2a6c088803.png
Seeing as Owl House is just a shitty HP fan fic at this point I guess this could work.

Last edited:
Some things
Oh, I know that death battle rules work like that. I meant the matchup outside of DB.

Out of curiosity, does Mario have any feats that are arguably immeasurable speed (ignoring the understandably strict standards for immeasurable speed on this wiki)?

Looks like you have never played Mega Man Zero, Copy X uses abilities of other characters in his series (Spark Mandrill, Chill Penguin, Flame Mammoth etc.)
Yeah, I haven't. Wasn't sure if he also uses Copy weapons but that certainly helps.

Copy X is still robot/reploid right? Then the organic feel of Cell vs Super Skrull is a tad better. Copy X does seem far better than Dark Samus, Metal Sonic & Zygarde though.

Otherwise I thought Deoxys vs Boros used to be the popular one.

Have hope. Be confident in your matchup you honestly want to see. Start to fill in suggestions you see fit at here. Fill a random name at the "Your Name (E.g. Jane Doe) *" part.

Fill as many as you can. With time intervals.

Maybe I will open the Season Eight Discussion Thread (2) effective from when the ninth matchup is officially announced and hopefully name tags can be properly entered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back