• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smashor when he sees a match that doesn't involve a Gunvolt character:
tenor.gif
OK, but is it a good matchup?

Because Edelgard's most popular matchup is Kylo Ren, which honestly is just OK, while Nova's is Copy X which is a huge stomp plus Copy X has Cell.

If you don't use Light Javelin scaling for Three Houses and/or use Demerzel Holograph scaling for Gunvolt they also have nearly the same stats.

OK, but is it a good matchup?
Probably? I haven't played 3H, so I can't verify the viability of said MU (although given you're description, it's at least convincing).

Although if it were me, I'd be more conservative using AZGVs main 5 (GV, Copen, Nova, Azimov, Zonda) when considering MU ideas for them. It's cast lacks characters in a VS format that are... "relevant", if that makes any sense (I can't imagine MU charts being made for someone like Jota or Gibril, for example).

Probably? I haven't played 3H, so I can't verify the viability of said MU (although given you're description, it's at least convincing).

Although if it were me, I'd be more conservative using AZGVs main 5 (GV, Copen, Nova, Azimov, Zonda) when considering MU ideas for them. It's cast lacks characters in a VS format that are... "relevant", if that makes any sense (I can't imagine MU charts being made for someone like Jota or Gibril, for example).
I mean, you're not gonna see matchup charts made for Cut Man or Boom Boom. Jota and Gibril are minor bosses, even if they're way more fleshed out than your average boss.

Also Jota's matchup is very obviously Pride from FMA or Sage Harpuia while Gibril actually has lots of options (Skarlet, Risotto Nero, Edward Elric, Assassin of Black, etc...)

Somebody's gonna make profiles just to spite you, I bet...

The G1 prediction blog comes out today right?
Wait for some more hours pal.

Welp, the track kinda all but confirms a Cloud win. Disappointing but not surprising
In a different way at least.

And likely the battle will be a bit longer than the music due to how Link is using his ocarina for some "time huh thanks for the tip" in the middle of the fight.

Just some ratings without spoiling anything...
Chaos Unraveled >= Final Breath > Kings of Iron > Thunder Shroud > Stars of the Universe > Apex of Doom >= Hearts of Light > ... > Dragons and Dumplings

Honestly no I’m not apologizing for it

NGL it feels like cloud's leitmotifs and musical style dominate the entire track except for that one snippet of the ocarina. I partially blame the db comms for this but I think yates’ songs have really tanked in quality as of late. I just have not liked any of his tracks or found them that musically interesting, I don’t think they’re mixed very well and I don’t think the actual instrumentation sounds that good. Therewolf makes consistently better stuff but they keep getting out on the wierd tracks that don’t let them take advantage of their big strengths and Yates gets all the rock stuff that I think therewolf does far better

like where's the spark these days?
i remember when I first enter this hobby i was amazed to find out various verse to be powerful as hell outside of Dragon Ball
now nothing
either someone wanking or downplaying said verse
Trends come and go. That's just internet culture.

Though I guess it's sort of a blessing in disguise knowing how crude debates can get. I think we should be more willing to focus on niche MUs if we're waiting for a resurgence wink wink

like where's the spark these days?
i remember when I first enter this hobby i was amazed to find out various verse to be powerful as hell outside of Dragon Ball
now nothing
either someone wanking or downplaying said verse
When I firstly visited wiki I was kinda shocked at least by planet level sonic at base and Mario being mukti-solar system at base.

I guess now we just got used to it. Like, first time is always different from other times.

Trends come and go. That's just internet culture.

Though I guess it's sort of a blessing in disguise knowing how crude debates can get. I think we should be more willing to focus on niche MUs if we're waiting for a resurgence wink wink
i feel folks don't even bother to debate anymore
just lol character X stomps and that's it
Barely how this guy counters this other guys abilities and shit
just stomp and GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back